PDA

View Full Version : Olin Kreutz Quits The Saints

diabsoule
10-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Per Mike Triplett: Olin Kreutz is leaving team because no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck,agent says.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/10/new_orleans_saints_center_olin_1.html

Sloopy
10-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow, I knew he was flopping with the Bears but didn't get to watch too much of the Saints this year. Has he been a non-factor this season or does it come as a shock that he's lost his passion?

Saints-Tigers
10-21-2011, 11:04 AM
He wasn't great, but he had some decent games and wasn't so terrible that I wanted him to just quit... though the undrafted rookie De La Puente looked pretty good in his place.

DraftSavant
10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
What ever happened to Tennant? Loved that kid coming out.

Saints-Tigers
10-21-2011, 11:15 AM
They were supposedly high on him, then De La Puente started over him in place of Kreutz... who knows.

jrdrylie
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Hilarious. So many people were saying how the loss of Kreutz was going to be a big hit to the Bears and that he made the Saints a much better team. true Bears fans knew better.

SaintsFanForLife
10-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I dont think its a hit to the Saints at all De La Puente has played well at center.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2011, 11:28 AM
What happened to Tennant? I really wanted the Giants to draft him bad. When we chose Petrus over him, I was like who?

Petrus has turned out to be a great late round gem for us so I'm no longer upset, but I was high on Tennant coming out and am curious to see how he's doing.

diabsoule
10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Kreutz was the starting center and a team captain and then he just ups and quits in Week 7. Good riddance.

Something must have happened to make him quit.

SaintsFanForLife
10-21-2011, 11:32 AM
What happened to Tennant? I really wanted the Giants to draft him bad. When we chose Petrus over him, I was like who?

Petrus has turned out to be a great late round gem for us so I'm no longer upset, but I was high on Tennant coming out and am curious to see how he's doing.

Tennant was the starter coming in to the season then we got Kreutz. While he was starting De La Puente beat out tennant as the back up. So not sure where he fell off at, The Saints were high on him before training camp.

diabsoule
10-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Olin Kreutz walking away from Saints, as per @miketripletttp. Signed one-year deal for $2M, would leave behind remaining $1.29 million.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Damn. If I were him, I'd pull a Moss and sleepwalk through 10 more games and collect that extra 1.29 mill.

Screw integrity. That's a lot of cash.

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't like that he just up and quit, but I definitely respect that he's leaving that money on the table due to lack of passion.

BeerBaron
10-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Dear please god do not let the Bears bring him back. Please. Make it impossible.

prock
10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Quitting during the season is never an option. I don't like this at all.

diabsoule
10-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Quitting during the season is never an option. I don't like this at all.

I feel exactly the same way. You give up on the team, your teammates, and crap on the commitment you made during the offseason to play the season with them.

Saints-Tigers
10-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I'd rather him quit than play with no heart. IF you aren't out there putting everything on the line for your team, let someone else that WILL do that step in.

Brent
10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd rather him quit than play with no heart. IF you aren't out there putting everything on the line for your team, let someone else that WILL do that step in.
The amount of **** an NFL player (particularly a lineman) has to, physically, put up with over the course of a season cannot possibly be worth it unless you are 100% commuted.

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I imagine everyone who criticizes Kreutz has never quit a job before because they didn't feel like doing it anymore? Even as teenagers.

SickwithIt1010
10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Hilarious. So many people were saying how the loss of Kreutz was going to be a big hit to the Bears and that he made the Saints a much better team. true Bears fans knew better.

Yeah, because your line is so good that you can just throw away linemen...even mediocre ones.

CameronCropper
10-21-2011, 11:10 PM
In fairness to him, the Bears treated him pretty badly near the end there (despite the fact his play had, without a doubt, fallen off) and I think that stung him pretty badly.

Have a lot of respect for him for walking away sooner rather than later.

BigBanger
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
**** him. I hate quitters. He should have retired because he sucked to begin with. **** him.

prock
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I imagine everyone who criticizes Kreutz has never quit a job before because they didn't feel like doing it anymore? Even as teenagers.

Nope. Even if I had, a job is wayyy different than a team in a sport.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-22-2011, 10:00 AM
In fairness to him, the Bears treated him pretty badly near the end there (despite the fact his play had, without a doubt, fallen off) and I think that stung him pretty badly.

Have a lot of respect for him for walking away sooner rather than later.

In all fairness, the Bears offered him a contract that he probably wasn't worth. Him being "offended" by it because he used to be good/probably still thinks he's good isn't really on the Bears.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Olin Kruetz was always an asshole. Now he's an asshole that also can't play football.

Gay Ork Wang
10-22-2011, 11:52 AM
In all fairness, the Bears offered him a contract that he probably wasn't worth. Him being "offended" by it because he used to be good/probably still thinks he's good isn't really on the Bears.
bears offered him 5 Million, he took 2 million from the saints, so yea they did offer him quite some money