PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle Revis vs Mike Francessa

gpngc
10-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Never a dull moment with these Jets.

First, Rex Ryan knocks Norv Turner and increases his imaginary ring total by two.

Now this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-darrelle-revis-gets-upset-and-hangs-up-on-radio-icon-2011-10

Video is inside (maybe someone can embed for me).

To put this in context, Francessa has a terrible relationship with the Jets organization and never interviews any of their players.

Also, following the incident, the Jets released a statement apologizing for pulling Revis from the interview: Earlier today, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was being interviewed by Mike Francesa of WFAN. Francesa was pushing Revis on the question of whether he committed pass interference on the pass he intercepted and returned 100 yards for a touchdown against the Dolphins on Monday night.

Eventually, Jets P.R. intervened and advised Revis to hang up.

Jets director of public relations Jared Winley has issued the following statement on the matter, a copy of which was forwarded to PFT: “In my judgment, given the tone of the interview, I should have asked Mike to move on to another topic, instead of instructing Darrelle to hang up the phone. That was an error on my part. I’ve called Mike’s producer and I apologized.”

We respect the Jets for taking this position, even though plenty of people have opined via Twitter and elsewhere that the move was justified.

Does anyone think that wasn't blatant pass interference (besides Revis)?

ElectricEye
10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Not sure it was interference as Marshall was stumbling his way out of the play already, but the pull of the jersey certainly helped and was absolutely illegal contact. The perception is starting to get out there that he gets away with some stuff that other corners don't(which in all fairness is earned because of how good he is.... How many times did Greg Maddux get the extra half inch pitching), but knowing how conscious the NFL is of stuff like that it could certainly hurt his chances of getting away with those types of calls. The Jets PR guy telling Revis to hang up probably doesn't do much good in that regard though.

JETS5128
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
That was not Pass Interference Marshall was falling before Revis even touched him

DI
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Blame for this falls completely on the Jets. This all springs from the fact they can't stand Francesa. I am a Giant fan and an avid NY sports talk radio show listener and I am no fan of Mike what so ever but the fact remains that he was doing his job and everyone says he was badgering Darrelle. They had moved on to the topic of physicality of receivers and how the rule has changed over the years when it was Revis who brought the play back up. Now, Mike has been saying all week that he thought it was a penalty (to which I agree) and he has all the right to respond to that and say that he thought it was so. What bothers me is how basically the whole Jets organization is taking on the attitude and the mouth of Rex. They all run their mouths and flap at the gums like they're such hot shots. You've lost 2 AFC Championships in a row, you're 3-3 this year, your coach is still running his mouth like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and you have the bravado of a team that has won 5 Super Bowls. Memo to Rex: Guaranteeing that you're going to win Super Bowl after Super Bowl after Super Bowl and then saying you would've won a couple of rings with SD if you were their coach doesn't mean you have 5 rings. It means that you're ****** at predicting things and you should keep your mouth shut and go about your business like the other 31 teams in the NFL and not have your PR guys hang up on interviews because someone is actually not catering to your team.

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 04:50 PM
That was not Pass Interference Marshall was falling before Revis even touched him
I don't think you realize you still can't touch him...
Marshall never fell, in part because of Revis holding him.
You can't grab his shoulder and pull it in ever so slightly.
Well beyond 5 yards.
There's no shame in admitting you got away with one. It's not your fault, it's the refs.

DI
10-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Exactly. Maybe Marshall was tripping and falling but that doesn't mean that gives Revis free reign to grab on the back of his jersey the way he did. He got away with one and the fact that he can look at the replay and say he doesn't think it's a penalty tells me that he's a victim of his own greatness.

CashmoneyDrew
10-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Watched the video of the interview. The Francessca dude tries to play it off like he was joking after Revis hangs up, but that's not true at all. He just would not let the issue go. Just move on. No need to spend damn near 5 minutes on it. Especially when Revis has made it clear he is not going to give him whatever dumb response he was trying to get.
If this is any indication of his interview style he must be horrible.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Watched the video of the interview. The Francessca dude tries to play it off like he was joking after Revis hangs up, but that's not true at all. He just would not let the issue go. Just move on. No need to spend damn near 5 minutes on it. Especially when Revis has made it clear he is not going to give him whatever dumb response he was trying to get.

It's Mike F. Was that the first time you heard him? If so, then let me tell you this guy is very popular and has had fights with players. He and mad dog once were talking about corey lidle and Cory called in and they got into it. People usually like or hate Fat Mike, but even the haters can tell you he is very popular throughout the tristate area.

The guy makes millions a year. He is the guy in the tristate area when it comes to sports.

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Never heard of this Mike F. guy but I kind of like his style. He's trying to get something for the listeners, and it seems like he succeeded or else we wouldn't be talking about this. He wanted a reaction, and he got it.

CashmoneyDrew
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Definitely first time I've heard of him. I do not listen to the radio at all. My main beef is he's trying to play it like he's the victim, saying things like he was joking or how it was so rude of them to hang up on the interview and he can't believe it and this is why he doesn't interview Jets players... Yada, yada, yada.

C'mon son. I'm guessing he's just a Giants fan masquerading as an impartial journalist.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-21-2011, 06:03 PM
He just would not let the issue go. Just move on. No need to spend damn near 5 minutes on it. .

Quite obvious you aren't familiar with Mr. Francessa.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Never heard of this Mike F. guy but I kind of like his style. He's trying to get something for the listeners, and it seems like he succeeded or else we wouldn't be talking about this. He wanted a reaction, and he got it.

He is VERY famous here in the tri state area. Growing up and living here, he is the MAN for ALL sports. He always gets national guys and coaches, and players to call in for all sports. He is very famous and very successful. If you love him or hate him, one can admit that he is very popular and successful.
He is basically the NY voice, and everyone knows he and the Jets management basically hate each other. Woody J and Mr. T, he calls the GM, have gone back and forth. They are very sensitive in regards to things said about the organization.

Mike may have made a mistake, but he really kisses DR butt. Calling him the best player, which DR is. He took his side in the contract hold out saga. He may have gone over the line but DR and the PR guy handled it wrong.

Let's put it this way... If SD kills the Jets, then everyone will tune into Mike F to hear him go off on that franchise. It will be easily be a must listen to show if that happens! Now the Yankees are out it's going to be all football.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Definitely first time I've heard of him. I do not listen to the radio at all. My main beef is he's trying to play it like he's the victim, saying things like he was joking or how it was so rude of them to hang up on the interview and he can't believe it and this is why he doesn't interview Jets players... Yada, yada, yada.

C'mon son. I'm guessing he's just a Giants fan masquerading as an impartial journalist.

No, more like a die hard Yankees fan. He is indifferent about having a football team. He is a big Parcells fan since they are good friends.

Jughead10
10-21-2011, 06:06 PM

He's really not a fan of anyone. He's a Yankee fan, thats about it. He's very close (or used to be) with Parcells. So he always used to give whatever team he was coaching at the time a little extra pub. You interview with him, you know what you are getting into, he'll ask the hard question and drive it home. It's not like doing an interview with Mike & Mike.

Edit: Just listened now. Revis went on the offensive right away about that play. I guess he's been listening to the radio too much this week.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
He's really not a fan of anyone. He's a Yankee fan, thats about it. He's very close (or used to be) with Parcells. So he always used to give whatever team he was coaching at the time a little extra pub. You interview with him, you know what you are getting into, he'll ask the hard question and drive it home. It's not like doing an interview with Mike & Mike.

I thought DR and the PR needed tougher skin. It's not like Tiki hung up on Mike when Mike was ripping him a new one. Tiki had his agent on the phone too, and it was funny when Mike was basically telling his agent to shut up and let Tiki answer the questions.

DcmRulz
10-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Deleted post.

Jvig43
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
As a Pats fan, I couldn't be happier. The Jets lose a couple games and the fireworks go off. And seriously the whole Rex Ryan thing on Turner was priceless, I'm glad Turner threw it back in his face.

BigBanger
10-21-2011, 07:33 PM
I saw an awful route run by a WR. An awful throw by a QB. And an easy INT for a CB who had blanket coverage. There was no penalty and there should not have been a penalty. People are exaggerating when they say he grabbed the jersey and act like he threw Marshall to the ground. Its called football. People seriously are forgetting how the game should be played if they think that ticky-tacky **** is a penalty.

Marshall was simply out of control. He tried to run through Revis when Revis had perfect position. He just lost his balance. Thats what happens when he gets in the red zone. Its why he doesn't score TDs.

As for the interview ... I don't care. This is a non story. This is how Francesa acts and he's one of the few that actually asks tough questions. This was a stupid question and Revis gave stupid answers.

As for the Jets ... Revis is the only reason to even watch them. Ryan is nothing but a clown. Now that he's losing, it's even more obvious to those that like(d) him. He needs to shut the **** up.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Its called football. People seriously are forgetting how the game should be played if they think that ticky-tacky **** is a penalty.

You mean like how it's a penalty for everyone else in the league?

Jvig43
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Refs throw flags for DBs looking at WRs the wrong way, if you have an issue with ticky tacky calls like this build a time machine and take it up with pollian like eight years ago.

BigBanger
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Whatever you say.

Refs throw flags for DBs looking at WRs the wrong way, if you have an issue with ticky tacky calls like this build a time machine and take it up with pollian like eight years ago.
Useful post.

J-Mike88
10-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think you realize you still can't touch him...
Marshall never fell, in part because of Revis holding him.
You can't grab his shoulder and pull it in ever so slightly.
Well beyond 5 yards.
There's no shame in admitting you got away with one. It's not your fault, it's the refs.
Exactly.
I'm excited that Revis' tactics are now starting to come to the forefront.
It reminds me of Woodson. He got away with this for a few dominant years, then started getting called for it more than any other DB in the league.

It forced him to change. As a result, he doesn't have blanket coverage all the time. I wish I had film of the game I remember 2-3 years ago vs Cinci where he practically impregnated Ochocinco he molested him so badly.

Jvig43
10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
\

Useful post.

Thanks, Im glad I could help you out of your time capsule into the 2011 national football league. Welcome.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Whatever you say.

Don't act like it's not true. Am I a big fan of any contact being a penalty? Nope. But if it's a rule, might as well apply it to everyone.

Ness
10-21-2011, 11:13 PM

I saw it too. Francessca was being a jerk. I like how he pulled the "oh I was just playing" card. That's reminds me of a bully giving a kid a bloody nose and then saying "oh I was just playing with him" once he gets in trouble. He seemed obsessed with getting Revis to agree with his opinion. Revis should have said "Well I'm not sure what you want me to say, I have my opinion and you have yours, if you don't agree so be it." I really wish I was Revis just for that interview.

BigBanger
10-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks, Im glad I could help you out of your time capsule into the 2011 national football league. Welcome.
Are you going to stop with this?

Don't act like it's not true. Am I a big fan of any contact being a penalty? Nope. But if it's a rule, might as well apply it to everyone.
I'm not acting like anything. It was good defense and really bad offense. I could care less who was on the field. There was no pass interference. End of discussion.

nepg
10-22-2011, 12:01 AM
He was joking with him... Revis got mad. Mike F didn't even instigate the argument. He was just interviewing him about football.

And I don't even like Mike F that much. I lived in CT and Long Island for ~4 years. But that was just Darrelle Revis being an immature little turd. Revis should have just gone on there and said "Yeah, I might have gotten away with one there. It was a weird play because he was falling into me and the QB threw the ball right to me."

Hurricanes25
10-22-2011, 12:24 AM
He was joking with him... Revis got mad. Mike F didn't even instigate the argument. He was just interviewing him about football.

And I don't even like Mike F that much. I lived in CT and Long Island for ~4 years. But that was just Darrelle Revis being an immature little turd. Revis should have just gone on there and said "Yeah, I might have gotten away with one there. It was a weird play because he was falling into me and the QB threw the ball right to me."

Mike definitely instigated the argument. He knew Revis wasn't going to admit that it was interference but he just kept bringing it up.

Mike actually got a taste of his own medicine. Whenever a caller calls up and Mike disagrees with him, he usually kicks him right off the line and insults him.

I do love his show though. He's just a dick sometimes.

Complex
10-22-2011, 03:09 AM

I'm pretty sure almost every DB and WR has gotten away with PI at some point. This one was a close call it wasn't like he body slammed Marshall to the ground and then caught the interception.

J-Mike88
10-22-2011, 05:34 AM
We can all agree with this I think: Brandon Marshall just sucks.
The QB should not have even looked his way there, with the Island on him.
I blame the QB.

phlysac
10-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Noone made a big deal about this last week when Steelers coach Mike Tomlin hung up on the Jacksonville Jaguar media, conference call.

But the Jets are news, so them having "internal strife" is BIG news.

nepg
10-22-2011, 06:53 AM
No one cares about Jacksonville media... Mike's show is infinitely more popular than anything in ******* Jacksonville.

phlysac
10-22-2011, 07:02 AM
No one cares about Jacksonville media... Mike's show is infinitely more popular than anything in ******* Jacksonville.

So this is a Francessa issue and not a Revis issue? Revis did nothing different than Tomlin.

Jvig43
10-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Not to mention it's not like the Jets do themselves any favors with the way they act and get the media riled up.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Revis didn't even hang up the phone. It was the Jets media relations guy that told him to do it.

MetSox17
10-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Was anyone really expecting Revis to admit he got away with PI or Illegal Contact?

It's pretty blatant how much leeway he gets with the refs, him acknowledging it would only hurt his ability to keep getting away with it.

gsorace
10-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Mike actually got a taste of his own medicine. Whenever a caller calls up and Mike disagrees with him, he usually kicks him right off the line and insults him.

This.

Revis didn't even hang up the phone. It was the Jets media relations guy that told him to do it.

And also this.

J-Mike88
10-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Noone made a big deal about this last week when Steelers coach Mike Tomlin hung up on the Jacksonville Jaguar media, conference call.

But the Jets are news, so them having "internal strife" is BIG news.
To be honest, some NFL fans aren't even aware there still is an NFL team in Jacksonville.
Does that team sell out its' games yet?

Thecollegedropout
10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Francesa is an arrogant clown.

I don't even take his show seriously....I just laugh at him. There's a forum that is dedicated just of mocking Francesa and the way he speaks, and cuts callers off.

Thecollegedropout
10-22-2011, 09:11 PM

Revis has a big game in less than 48 hours and is doing Mike a favor considering really No Jet is suppose to be on Mike's show.

Mike should have let it go rather than egg him on. The player ALWAYS gets the final say on those type of questions and you move on. Revis gave his honest take and Mike refused to listen, instead listening to what his ego tells him.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2011, 09:53 PM
How the hell was that pi? Marshall tries to bulldoze him to create a lane, stumbles while trying, revis fights for position and makes a play on the ball. It wasn't even a mugging. And a defender has every right to establish his own position, and has every right to make a play on the ball.

How the hell is that pass interference?

ElectricEye
10-22-2011, 11:17 PM
How the hell was that pi? Marshall tries to bulldoze him to create a lane, stumbles while trying, revis fights for position and makes a play on the ball. It wasn't even a mugging. And a defender has every right to establish his own position, and has every right to make a play on the ball.

How the hell is that pass interference?

The defender has every right to the ball, sure. Revis has more right to the ball than Marshall at that point even...but he outright pulls jersey there and pretty hard too. You just can't do that. Not interference, but absolutely illegal contact. It would be different if it was just incidental stuff to try to get to the ball, but there was intent there too.

BradysKnee
10-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Mike was a dick.
But the whole thing shows Revis has a huge inflated ego.
Oh, it was illegal contact.

nepg
10-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Revis has a big game in less than 48 hours and is doing Mike a favor considering really No Jet is suppose to be on Mike's show.

Mike should have let it go rather than egg him on. The player ALWAYS gets the final say on those type of questions and you move on. Revis gave his honest take and Mike refused to listen, instead listening to what his ego tells him.
Mike did try to let it go, but Revis kept bringing it up and going on about it and saying stupid ****.

I don't like Mike in the slightest, but Revis created that situation.

Also, the first time I saw it, I said "meh, solid no call. Marshall was kind of just falling into him." But then I watched it a couple more times. Clear illegal contact/hold. I wouldn't call PI because Marshall didn't have any awareness of the ball and it was thrown in a spot he had no chance of catching it. I think Moore threw the ball expecting to draw a penalty (at least, I hope he did because that was fuckawful).

Thecollegedropout
10-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Mike did try to let it go, but Revis kept bringing it up and going on about it and saying stupid ****.

I don't like Mike in the slightest, but Revis created that situation.

Also, the first time I saw it, I said "meh, solid no call. Marshall was kind of just falling into him." But then I watched it a couple more times. Clear illegal contact/hold. I wouldn't call PI because Marshall didn't have any awareness of the ball and it was thrown in a spot he had no chance of catching it. I think Moore threw the ball expecting to draw a penalty (at least, I hope he did because that was fuckawful).
No he didn't because he hinted a few times he will move on by Mike but Mike kept on going and going after it. Mike's been doing this for years, he knows what he's doing and he wanted to cause a stir. He's done this to plenty of people, Revis is not the 1st.

Judging by this article, Mike planned this and wanted to create a stir for ratings since he was slipping a bit:

http://sportsmediawatchdog.com/?p=453

Also Mike Pereira likewise said it was a good non-call on that Revis/Marshall play.....and he's really spot on when it comes to this.

MikePereira Mike Pereira
It's an absolute non-call. Neither OPI or DPI. RT @itstellertime: @MikePereira what were your thoughts on the revis marshall non call?
22 hours ago

bigbluedefense
10-23-2011, 09:37 AM
The defender has every right to the ball, sure. Revis has more right to the ball than Marshall at that point even...but he outright pulls jersey there and pretty hard too. You just can't do that. Not interference, but absolutely illegal contact. It would be different if it was just incidental stuff to try to get to the ball, but there was intent there too.

Meh, the former DB in me says that's a ticky tack call if it's made. It was a very slight tug, Marshall did an acting job. Put it this way, WRs tug like that past 5 yards all the time, and you'll never ever see them get called for offensive PI.

So I'm perfectly fine with it. Revis is smart, he touches "illegally" a lot past 5 yards but he's generally more subtle with it than this instance. He uses his hips to bump players a lot. Supposedly learned that from Bruce Bowen when they got rid of hand checking in the NBA. Bruce would use his hips to "handcheck" and Revis does the same in football.

Plus, it's taught by Rex. It's simple really, refs don't like throwing flags every play. So use that to your advantage. Push the limit and see how much you can do it before you get flagged for it. Watch the Jets play, all their DBs play past 5 yards. It's smart. Keep doing it until you get flagged for it. Why not?

Plus look at it this way, what would you rather have? A 5 yard penalty plus a 1st down, or a 20 yard completion? If I'm a DB and I see I'm about to get beat, I'll do illegal contact every time.

Jughead10
10-23-2011, 09:42 AM
No he didn't because he hinted a few times he will move on by Mike but Mike kept on going and going after it. Mike's been doing this for years, he knows what he's doing and he wanted to cause a stir. He's done this to plenty of people, Revis is not the 1st.

Judging by this article, Mike planned this and wanted to create a stir for ratings since he was slipping a bit:

http://sportsmediawatchdog.com/?p=453

Also Mike Pereira likewise said it was a good non-call on that Revis/Marshall play.....and he's really spot on when it comes to this.

MikePereira Mike Pereira
It's an absolute non-call. Neither OPI or DPI. RT @itstellertime: @MikePereira what were your thoughts on the revis marshall non call?
22 hours ago

Haha, I don't buy the Mike is slipping in ratings. They used some new rating based on tweets and re-tweets? The majority of Mike's audience probably doesn't even know what twitter is.

nepg
10-23-2011, 09:47 AM
LOL @ citing Pereira. He ALWAYS sides with the officials on every call and every final ruling on challenges. Always. He's completely unreliable for that reason.

Thecollegedropout
10-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Haha, I don't buy the Mike is slipping in ratings. They used some new rating based on tweets and re-tweets? The majority of Mike's audience probably doesn't even know what twitter is.
I am pretty sure Boomer and Carton have taken over the top spot on WFAN than Francesa, which is why Francesa doesn't care for Boomer or Carton and vice versa.

Jughead10
10-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I am pretty sure Boomer and Carton have taken over the top spot on WFAN than Francesa, which is why Francesa doesn't care for Boomer or Carton and vice versa.

He didn't care for them right off the bat because Carton is a huge tool. It's a totally different audience. Their show is about 25% sports.

Thecollegedropout
10-23-2011, 09:49 AM
LOL @ citing Pereira. He ALWAYS sides with the officials on every call and every final ruling on challenges. Always. He's completely unreliable for that reason.
He's gotten on a few of them(But you are right that he usually favors what the refs called) but he really owes nothing in this scenario as this game happened on MNF, not on FOX. A fan asked him on twitter his thoughts and he commented.

nepg
10-23-2011, 09:51 AM
He didn't care for them right off the bat because Carton is a huge tool. It's a totally different audience. Their show is about 25% sports.
That's the one thing I like about Mike. It's all about sports. He doesn't get into the dramatics of athletes' lives or other ********. It's just sports. He's a tool, but I wish more radio shows were more about the actual sports than stirring **** up like TMZ.

BradysKnee
10-23-2011, 09:53 AM
MikePereira Mike Pereira
22 hours ago[/i]

Yeah Pererira doesn't hold much weight to me.

Bottom line of it is this, initially Revis did nothing wrong defending his space, but then he grabbed, pulled and held the jersey, preventing any kind of recovery for Marshall to make a play on the ball.

Thecollegedropout
10-23-2011, 09:54 AM
They're both tools....Carton does it as a gimmick though and purposely acts like a clown, to mix with Boomer's more serious approach. Mike is just arrogant and has an inflated ego, which is why Russo just bailed on him since Mike wanted his own show and wanted a more serious sports show, which went against what Dog wanted.

Its a different audience sure(Oldies like Mike'd Up, the younger crowd likes Boomer and Carton) but Francesa has always bragged about being New York's top show and took good pleasure upon being that. He's the same guy who brags about killing his competition, taking shots on Dan Patrick and the 100 different shows they run against me when the news of Brandon Tierney was being let go by ESPN(When ESPN can never win due to ****** radio signal and of course employing Michael F'N Kaye...)

Thecollegedropout
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah Pererira doesn't hold much weight to me.

Bottom line of it is this, initially Revis did nothing wrong defending his space, but then he grabbed, pulled and held the jersey, preventing any kind of recovery for Marshall to make a play on the ball.
Arguable. I agreed with this assessment at first but then I never noticed Marshall stumbling and Marshall trying to grab a hold of anything before Revis got to him.

Its really arguable and a toss up. I even was conflicted with the call myself so I can't get on anyone who thinks it was illegal contact(Not Pass INT. like that idiot Gruden was going on about) or not.

BradysKnee
10-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Arguable. I agreed with this assessment at first but then I never noticed Marshall stumbling and Marshall trying to grab a hold of anything before Revis got to him.

Its really arguable and a toss up. I even was conflicted with the call myself so I can't get on anyone who thinks it was illegal contact(Not Pass INT. like that idiot Gruden was going on about) or not.

Yeah it really is a judgement call, I can see a ref not calling it or calling it.
I'd call it, but i am not going to say it was a TERRIBLE missed call.

Thecollegedropout
10-23-2011, 10:00 AM
That's the one thing I like about Mike. It's all about sports. He doesn't get into the dramatics of athletes' lives or other ********. It's just sports. He's a tool, but I wish more radio shows were more about the actual sports than stirring **** up like TMZ.
The funny thing is I watch his show because of the prank calls and because people often try and piss him off, causing a hilarious reaction as a response.

I go on a website that kind of mocks Francesa and its hilarious. The way he speaks, cuts callers off, gives "The Handwave"(Or now the "Button press")

I don't hate Mike's program, I try to watch it when I can. I just don't take anything he says seriously and enjoy when he gets mad at people who piss him off as his reactions are hysterical.(Phil Mushnick, prank callers, Russo/SIRIUS, anything Jets related etc.)

Jughead10
10-23-2011, 10:11 AM
The funny thing is I watch his show because of the prank calls and because people often try and piss him off, causing a hilarious reaction as a response.

I go on a website that kind of mocks Francesa and its hilarious. The way he speaks, cuts callers off, gives "The Handwave"(Or now the "Button press")

I don't hate Mike's program, I try to watch it when I can. I just don't take anything he says seriously and enjoy when he gets mad at people who piss him off as his reactions are hysterical.(Phil Mushnick, prank callers, Russo/SIRIUS, anything Jets related etc.)

Well Phil Mushnick is the biggest D-bag of them all.

nepg
10-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh yeah...the prank calls and watching Mike go on tilt are pretty much the reason to watch/listen to the show.

"Tom Coglin" :D
5864GrHHznk

Mike can't pronounce words. He rolls his r's even when there are no r's.
6xLqNeX3s_Y

Caller gets Mike on tilt. umadbro?
gyyR9Ex40TA&NR

LOL I love fact-checker callers.
vm-1vWSKUP4