PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Patrick Peterson?

JBCX
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
I thought this guy was supposed to be one of the safest, can't-miss CB prospects ever.

He had elite measurables and great college production.

In Arizona this year, he has been one of the worst CBs in the NFL. His rookie year is positively Kareem Jackson-like.

According to Evan Silva in his matchup article:

Fully expected to play through a "slight" hamstring pull, Mike Wallace will give Cards RCB Patrick Peterson fits in the intermediate and deep passing games. While it's too early to call Peterson a bust, early signs aren't promising for the rookie's chances of avoiding a position switch to safety. Per Pro Football Focus, Peterson has allowed 21-of-28 passes to be completed against him (75%) for 287 yards (10.25 YPA), and a pair of touchdowns.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/39088/179/matchups-just-start-him?pg=3

Now I know it's still too early to write him off, but wasn't he supposed to be a plug-and-play NFL cornerback? Or maybe he's too big to play corner, as some people on this board feared?

shylo3716
10-21-2011, 07:46 PM
I thought this guy was supposed to be one of the safest, can't-miss CB prospects ever.

In Arizona this year, he has been one of the worst CBs in the NFL. His rookie year is positively Kareem Jackson-like.

No INTs this year? Does he even get picked on by QBs?

Breed
10-21-2011, 07:47 PM
He allowed 21 passes for 287, that's not bad. It's not like he's getting roasted deep or anything... He's a rookie, and is still learning, i expect more splash plays towards the end of the season.

JBCX
10-21-2011, 07:48 PM

Um, if you read the quote above, you'd see that he's getting toasted.

"Peterson has allowed 21-of-28 passes to be completed against him (75%) for 287 yards (10.25 YPA), and a pair of touchdowns."

He can't cover people in the NFL. It could be because he's just too big. Big cornerbacks just really struggle in the NFL, regardless of athleticism. You can't turn and run with smaller WRs if you're over 6'0". It's just really hard to do.

JBCX
10-21-2011, 07:49 PM
He allowed 21 passes for 287, that's not bad. It's not like he's getting roasted deep or anything... He's a rookie, and is still learning, i expect more splash plays towards the end of the season.

That is not good at all. He's allowing alot of completions for a high YPA. Sure, he's a rookie, but it could just be a physical deficit: big cornerbacks just can't cover as well as small ones, because they're stiffer in the hips.

Brent
10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
does Arizona even have a pass rush?

Breed
10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
That is not good at all. He's allowing alot of completions for a high YPA. Sure, he's a rookie, but it could just be a physical deficit: big cornerbacks just can't cover as well as small ones, because they're stiffer in the hips.

Just noticed the 73% completion part. Just goes to show you there isn't a thing a "safe pick"
Joey Porter....

JBCX
10-21-2011, 07:58 PM

Shutdown corners should help the pass rush as much as the pass rush helps them.

Put Revis on the Cardinals and he doesn't give up completions regardless of how inept the rush is there.

Raiderz4Life
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Comparing DR to PP...nice!!

cvv84
10-21-2011, 08:00 PM
So he's giving up 4 catches and 57 yards a game. Not thread worthy.

Jvig43
Not everyone can be a superstar like Newton in his first year I guess. What a bust.

JBCX
Comparing DR to PP...nice!!

The point is, Peterson was billed as one of the best CB prospects of the draft, ever. Mel Kiper compared him to Rod Woodson when he came out of college.

I mean, I didn't expect Peterson to be a total shutdown corner right away, but I expected better than what he has showed thus far.

Rabscuttle
10-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Joey Porter....

So awesome.

Deeming players busts in their rookie years isn' tusually sound judgement and his teammates in general blow goat ass so judging his coverage skills is a bit premature.

However, he seemed to make some of those "business decisions" Deion talks about in that game against the Vikings.

BigBanger
10-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Now I know it's still too early to write him off, but wasn't he supposed to be a plug-and-play NFL cornerback? Or maybe he's too big to play corner, as some people on this board feared?
For as much speed as he has, he does not have great quickness. He has long speed and it takes him a little while to get up to full speed where he can really blaze. I thought a switch to safety would be very likely if not mandatory for his career (and I think he can be very good there). He was not a great cover corner and did not have shutdown ability. He has looked awful in every game I've seen thus far. Even Adrian Peterson punked the **** out of him in the running game a couple weeks ago. I understand it's Adrian Peterson, but he looked like a little boy trying to tackle a man.

Brent
10-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Joey Porter....
http://cdn.styleforum.net/4/4a/4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

BeerBaron
10-21-2011, 08:22 PM
He's a rookie in the NFL? He's not a missing person. Some people just take time. All first round picks should be given up on after 7 weeks.

Additionally, I want to strangle everyone who uses some sort of stat analysis in football as if this were baseball. It's not even close to the same thing.

Rabscuttle
10-21-2011, 08:25 PM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/4/4a/4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

I went with mega giggles and repped him.

Raiderz4Life
10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
He's a rookie in the NFL? He's not a missing person. Some people just take time. All first round picks should be given up on after 7 weeks.

Additionally, I want to strangle everyone who uses some sort of stat analysis in football as if this were baseball. It's not even close to the same thing.

But then you'd be taking away all JBCX has to make arguments!!!

Jvig43
10-21-2011, 08:56 PM

Are you trying to tell me Revis wasn't a shut down DB his first year? Bust.

BeerBaron
10-21-2011, 08:57 PM
But then you'd be taking away all JBCX has to make arguments!!!

Don't get me wrong...sometimes stats can tell a story. If a QB is only completing 35% of his passes on 3rd downs, it's probably indicative of a problem.

But breaking things down to insane degrees in football is just stupid. In baseball, it's easier, because it's one batter vs. one pitcher. In football, everything is always about the team. A ****** DB can be made to look better than he is if he has a great d-line getting pressure on the QB causing quick/bad passes. And visa versa.

FUNBUNCHER
10-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I guess some of the reservations certain posters had about PP playing man corner in the NFL so far have turned out to be true.

I thought he could do it, but others argued it's going to physically difficult for a 220+ cornerback to possess the lateral quickness and change-of-direction skills to lock down NFL WRs.

Even if PP switches positions he should be a beast at FS.

But when you consider guys like Champ Bailey/Darrel Revis/Nnamdi Asomugha/Charles Woodson and other six foot plus corners don't have agility issues, it's surprising that PP is struggling so badly.

But there were people who saw him play at LSU who stated that he looked a little stiff.

Sloopy
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM

Your right. Deion Sanders (listed half an inch taller than PP) just couldn't cover people like those tinier guys, its too bad he wasn't shorter with looser hips or he might have been good.

Shutdown corners should help the pass rush as much as the pass rush helps them.

Put Revis on the Cardinals and he doesn't give up completions regardless of how inept the rush is there.

1.God forbid the guy isn't Revis in his first year or a "shut down" corner for that matter.

2. Revis gives up completions, every corner does... I feel you are one of the people who feed this idea of a "lock down corner" a guy who people are scared to throw to because it equals an INT every time.

vidae
10-21-2011, 09:47 PM
He's a rookie. He has all the tools you look for to go along with elite measurables. Give him at least half a season before he's cut bait.

fenikz
10-21-2011, 10:21 PM

everyone picks on AJ Jefferson and PP has 2 INT on the year

and how the **** is 44 yards a game struggling? Revis does that and everyone would be on his nuts

and no we dont have any resemblance of a pass rush, horton often brings 6 or 7 and they dont even get pressure

nepg
10-21-2011, 10:26 PM
WTF are you talking about? He wasn't talked about as a "can't miss" prospect. Not even close. He was talked about as having elite measurables and incredible potential. When there's talk of a CB being drafted as a S, that's not a "can't miss" prospect. People said he's safe because if he turns out not to be able to play CB, he'll make a great S. The guy has to prove he can't play CB before you can move him from CB, and you certainly don't move a raw rookie from CB to S without getting a really good look at him. PP is a player that really needed a full NFL off-season going into his first year, but was denied that by the owners. Give the guy a break.

Peterson isn't even having a bad year. He's been solid.

You make some seriously ******** threads. I get that you like the attention you get when you say stupid things to stir the pot... It's just too much sometimes.

ImBrotherCain
10-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I mean seriously its not like CB is the easiest position to pick up and play. As everyone is saying give him at least 2 seasons before we call bust.

fenikz
10-21-2011, 10:28 PM
hes one of 3 players(Campbell & Washington) on the Cardinals defense who is actually playing well

maybe if people watched the game then looked at the stats they would actually have an intelligent opinion

not saying Wallace is a bad start by any means though, AJ Jefferson will be lined up on him all day because we refuse to play match ups so he will just be on the right side and Rhodes and Wilson are entirely useless in deep coverage

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 10:37 PM
What happened to Patrick Peterson 6 Weeks into his rookie season, without an offseason? He's probably still picking it up, that's what is happening currently. I'm not sure what your expectations were but I think they were entirely too high for a CB. It's a completely different speed and very few have looked like All-Pros not even halfway into their rookie season. Give me a ******* break.

Why are you so quick to jump on him? What's your agenda here that was thread worthy in the Pro Football section that couldn't get accomplished with one post in the Cardinals Team Forum? Literally one post. Not a thread where you know you're going to get jumped on, or at least I hope you know but the more I think about I don't think you know. Because you just may be that dumb.

Borat
10-21-2011, 10:38 PM
He's been fine. He's a rookie.

/thread.

molenguinurtle
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm completely dumbfounded by the lack of time some people give players to develop in this day and age. It doesn't matter how many examples of "late bloomers" and guys that just took a while to "get it" that you show them (which incidentally, is the majority of the NFL). Some people will always just point to the exceptions to the rule.

RCAChainGang
10-21-2011, 11:13 PM
He's been fine. He's a rookie.

/thread.

Agreed, I've seen a game by the Cards and he wasn't awful. You can't expect a rookie corner to come in and pick it up right away.

bucfan12
10-22-2011, 01:02 AM
I still think he'd be an elite Safety. Guy his size really doesn't excell at CB. 6'1 220? I don';t care how fast you are, that's a safety, not a CB.

Caddy
10-22-2011, 01:06 AM
I still think he'd be an elite Safety. Guy his size really doesn't excell at CB. 6'1 220? I don';t care how fast you are, that's a safety, not a CB.

I don't think his height is an issue, but it couldn't hurt to drop a few pounds could it?

bucfan12
10-22-2011, 01:08 AM
I don't think his height is an issue, but it couldn't hurt to drop a few pounds could it?

There's been a lot of scouts that said he'll start at CB but eventually he's going to move to safety. I think he's more of a natural fit there. That's why I never agreed with the Cards trading DRC

tjsunstein
10-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Patrick Peterson would be an awesome safety, too.
Some people actually liked that fit more.

OzTitan
10-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Antrel Rolle v2?

BTW, when you really think about it, finding elite safeties is arguably the hardest of all positions to get elite talent at. They gotta tackle like a LB and cover like a CB to be an elite S in today's NFL. He may be a good safety, but I think people too easily assume "too easy to out maneuver at CB = good enough for a safety!", when in reality all it means is he'll be exposed less at S. That isn't an elite S. Ideally you gotta think an elite S doesn't struggle to cover - they're just so good at other things they'd be wasted only covering like a CB does.

shylo3716
10-22-2011, 10:40 AM
I have been saying Antrel Rolle for the longest

Rabscuttle
10-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Arizona should take a look at his training routine and see if he could lose some wieght and work on his flexibility if corner is to be his longterm position. Safety will require some serious attitude adjustment for him.

djp
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
He sure didn't look great trying to tackle Adrian Peterson a few weeks back. Still very early though.

D-Unit
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Patrick Peterson would be an awesome safety, too.
Some people actually liked that fit more.
Me. :)

Babylon
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM
For as much speed as he has, he does not have great quickness. He has long speed and it takes him a little while to get up to full speed where he can really blaze. I thought a switch to safety would be very likely if not mandatory for his career (and I think he can be very good there). He was not a great cover corner and did not have shutdown ability. He has looked awful in every game I've seen thus far. Even Adrian Peterson punked the **** out of him in the running game a couple weeks ago. I understand it's Adrian Peterson, but he looked like a little boy trying to tackle a man.

I was saying this with him when he was coming out. He's a big physical corner that is going to have trouble with smaller quick receivers. I think he will probably be a safety eventually and could be a great one.

Raiderz4Life
10-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Idk if size is that much of an issue. Nnamdi is 6'2" 210lbs. If he could maybe drop 10 pounds it could help.

shylo3716
10-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Idk if size is that much of an issue. Nnamdi is 6'2" 210lbs. If he could maybe drop 10 pounds it could help.

I just can't picture PP slimming down it just would not look right.

ShutDwn
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Besides bigger corners being stiffer in the hips on average, I think that the NFL mitigates the strong points that these guys have nowadays. A rookie corner in the NFL is never going to be easy, but being a rookie corner in the NFL the way it is now has to be way harder.

There are so many QBs and receivers on record paces it's crazy. Comparing statistics is pointless without looking at inflation.

MetSox17
10-22-2011, 01:29 PM
For being a big guy, it sure looked like he was scared to tackle in the Minnesota game.

Rosebud
10-22-2011, 01:35 PM
He's still a rookie, sure he might never be the best fit to cover a wes welker type, but outside of Revis there really isn't any corner in the NFL who excels equally well against all types of receivers. As he grows and gets more experience PP can become great at covering the bigger guys who are more often teams #1 options because they can just go up and snag the ball over great coverage. I'll use Corey Webster as an example. Corey Webster has been a phenomenal corner for hte giants, he's just amazing at neutralizing speed threats like Desean Jackson, but when he's stuck against a guy like Vincent Jackson who has the strength, size and leaping ability to just go up and beat Webster to the ball he's not nearly as effective as he needs to time his jumps to knock the ball of a receiver's hands instead of just preventing the ball from ever getting to the receiver's hands. PP's a rookie and while he can become a great safety that won't be ruined by letting him see if he can become a great corner first. Just point to another Giant and former Cardinal Antrelle Rolle. The guy never had PP's speed, but after floundering at CB worse than PP has been as a rookie, he has become one of the best Safeties in the NFL.

CC.SD
10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
He probably needs to stand in the rain looking badass for a while to get his mojo back.

cvv84
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
He's still a rookie, sure he might never be the best fit to cover a wes welker type, but outside of Revis there really isn't any corner in the NFL who excels equally well against all types of receivers. As he grows and gets more experience PP can become great at covering the bigger guys who are more often teams #1 options because they can just go up and snag the ball over great coverage. I'll use Corey Webster as an example. Corey Webster has been a phenomenal corner for hte giants, he's just amazing at neutralizing speed threats like Desean Jackson, but when he's stuck against a guy like Vincent Jackson who has the strength, size and leaping ability to just go up and beat Webster to the ball he's not nearly as effective as he needs to time his jumps to knock the ball of a receiver's hands instead of just preventing the ball from ever getting to the receiver's hands. PP's a rookie and while he can become a great safety that won't be ruined by letting him see if he can become a great corner first. Just point to another Giant and former Cardinal Antrelle Rolle. The guy never had PP's speed, but after floundering at CB worse than PP has been as a rookie, he has become one of the best Safeties in the NFL.

Thats debatable. While's he's been a much better safety than CB, he's not among the elite safeties in the league IMO. Versitile but replaceable.

Rosebud
10-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Thats debatable. While's he's been a much better safety than CB, he's not among the elite safeties in the league IMO. Versitile but replaceable.

You can debate that, but there aren't many safeties in the NFL that can replace what Antrel Rolle brings to the giants.

cvv84
10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
You can debate that, but there aren't many safeties in the NFL that can replace what Antrel Rolle brings to the giants.

Versitle but replaceable.

Rosebud
10-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Versitle but replaceable.

Who are all of these safeties that can play the run as well as Rolle, blitz as well as Rolle, play the ball as well as Rolle and step into the slot and man up on a receiver the way Rolle can? Rolle and Kenny Phillips is becoming one of, if not the, best safety duo(s) in the NFL and Rolle's a huge part of that. Sure there's a couple of other safeties who could get the job done as well as Rolle does, but by that logic Big Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers are replaceable...

tjsunstein
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Who are all of these safeties that can play the run as well as Rolle, blitz as well as Rolle, play the ball as well as Rolle and step into the slot and man up on a receiver the way Rolle can? Rolle and Kenny Phillips is becoming one of, if not the, best safety duo(s) in the NFL and Rolle's a huge part of that. Sure there's a couple of other safeties who could get the job done as well as Rolle does, but by that logic Big Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers are replaceable...
Hey! Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas!

Rosebud
10-22-2011, 04:06 PM

They're up there as well, but I prefer the giants' duo because both are so versatile and stand out in different ways. Pairs like Chancellor and Thomas this are why I said "one of, if not, the best", as there also great even though I personally prefer Rolle/Phillips.

tjsunstein
10-22-2011, 04:09 PM
They're up there as well, but I prefer the giants' duo because both are so versatile and stand out in different ways. Pairs like Chancellor and Thomas this are why I said "one of, if not, the best", as there also great even though I personally prefer Rolle/Phillips.
I was half making a joke with the Seahawks duo. They're both extremely talented, and it's hard to pick one pairing over the other because of scheme and what they're responsibilities are for their defense but it's not like you can lose between the two. I'm still waiting for a full, healthy season from Collins/Burnett so consider yourself lucky. Injuriez.

thegreatone
10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
He probably needs to stand in the rain looking badass for a while to get his mojo back.
http://i51.tinypic.com/1zqrl04.jpg

Rabscuttle
10-22-2011, 04:23 PM

I used to ask fellow Niner fans why they would want Mays over Chancellor when they could save a few rounds worth of draft slot and get a big guy who would at least be in the right place on occasion and make the occasional play. That was without realizing Chancellor would outplay his draft slot by as much as he has.

Burnett and Collins should be a great pairing as well. Love Burnett so much, one of my favourite safeties to come out ever and he is finding his way to the ball a lot.

descendency
10-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Bust. Even Devin McCourty had 6 INTs.

cvv84
10-22-2011, 07:32 PM

Jack of all trades, master of none. I'm not saying Rolle is a bad player but he isn't a difference maker IMO. There's a bunch of Antrel Rolle's in the NFL but few Ed Reed's. Its a fairly weak position.

Nalej
10-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Bust. Even Devin McCourty had 6 INTs.

Seven INTs. C'mon guy. He sucks this year. Don't short change him for his great season last year.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Seven INTs. C'mon guy. He sucks this year. Don't short change him for his great season last year.

Has he been better since the first few weeks or does he still look like a totally different player from last year?

Nalej
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Better... but still a different guy. Last year, he was always in great position and played the ball well.
This year, he's usually in good position but "Darius Butler"'s up once the ball's in the air. Looks lost at times. I don't get it.
Maybe the pressure from his rookie success? Did nothing in the offseason? Hopefully he picks it up though 'cause he looked special last year

edit:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4707059/targets-mccourty-still-most-targeted-in-nfl

McCourty the highest targeted CB in the NFL
He gives up an average of 5 rec for 70 yds on 6 targets (per game)

Ouch

Sloopy
10-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Jack of all trades, master of none. I'm not saying Rolle is a bad player but he isn't a difference maker IMO. There's a bunch of Antrel Rolle's in the NFL but few Ed Reed's. Its a fairly weak position.

... What kind of logic is this? If there was more than one Ed Reed, Ed Reed wouldn't be freaking Ed Reed, THATS WHY HE'S ED ******* REED.

OzTitan
10-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Obviously he meant true difference makers and gameplan changers at S. I kinda doubt he was pointing out there isn't more than one literal Ed Reed.

And he's right - a S that offenses has to gameplan around is very rare in today's NFL. The position gets exposed week to week by its members much more than they seem to make big positive impacts. As the pass takes over more and more, they are becoming clean up guys defenses have to try and gameplan out of being in matchups that will expose them.

The NFL isn't far away from a league where safeties that can't cover like a CB are burdens. Perhaps when this starts to sting and defenses start looking at four CBs, then the new age of rushing will commence :P

descendency
10-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Has he been better since the first few weeks or does he still look like a totally different player from last year?

He's been totally different (I compared him to Darius Butler, who was just released, a few weeks back), but he has shown signs of life the last few weeks. I think he needed training camp and whatnot more than other players did.

Sloopy
10-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Obviously he meant true difference makers and gameplan changers at S. I kinda doubt he was pointing out there isn't more than one literal Ed Reed.

And he's right - a S that offenses has to gameplan around is very rare in today's NFL. The position gets exposed week to week by its members much more than they seem to make big positive impacts. As the pass takes over more and more, they are becoming clean up guys defenses have to try and gameplan out of being in matchups that will expose them.

The NFL isn't far away from a league where safeties that can't cover like a CB are burdens. Perhaps when this starts to sting and defenses start looking at four CBs, then the new age of rushing will commence :P

Obviously I know he doesn't mean that there is literally two to three guys named Ed Reed running around, I'm saying Ed Reed is the EXTREME other end of the spectrum from struggles in coverage, not everyone can be that Center fielder type safety.

The most teams should expect from there cover safeties is protection over the top and to come up in run support. They are a "safety" blanket, not the first line of defense. That is why I don't understand the whole cover like a corner and tackle like a linebacker deal. Yes they need to tackle to an extent but so should corners i.e. if your on the defensive side of the ball, you better be able to tackle or get off my football field. As far as covering like a corner, The most man coverage safeties should be doing is covering TE's and maybe a few backs depending on the situation other than that they should strictly be in over the top blanket coverage/zone.

Ed Reed is a rarity being able to come up in the slot and cover like a nickle corner.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 07:07 PM
PP is god, back to back to back weeks of being a shutdown CB along with the game winning TD

thought i would laugh at you people

BeerBaron
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM

I would like to point out that I am not amongst those "you people."

fenikz
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM
NFL.com is killing me right now, but the return online already

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d823d91c8/WK9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Peterson-s-walk-off-winner

there we go!

Go_Eagles77
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
NFL.com is killing me right now, but the return online already

Go to the ARI/STL gamecenter. It should play automatically from there.

Stash
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
He must have read this thread and got pissed.

sbh15
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
i think the thread of this title still applies because there is some kind of super human playing in his uniform the past 2-3 weeks. what a ******* beast. can't wait to see the guy start to make some more int's, because he has take it to the house potential every time

fenikz
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardinals/09000d5d823d7824/Cardinals-defense-INT

i think thats 3 on the year

hongfa
11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716

"Peterson has allowed 21-of-28 passes to be completed against him (75%) for 287 yards (10.25 YPA), and a pair of touchdowns."

He can't cover people in the NFL. It could be because he's just too big. Big cornerbacks just really struggle in the NFL, regardless of athleticism. You can't turn and run with smaller WRs if you're over 6'0". It's just really hard to do.

shylo3716
11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716

Please quote that right.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
he's a bot he does what he wants

TACKLE
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM

hongfa or pp?

Brent
11-06-2011, 08:57 PM
man... BOT DONT GIVE A ****

fenikz
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
umm both, 1 is a sex machine the other advertises tours of tibet

MetSox17
11-06-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm glad he's doing well returning punts, because he is damn near worthless as a CB.

sbh15
11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm glad he's doing well returning punts, because he is damn near worthless as a CB.

and boom goes the trollcano

fenikz
11-06-2011, 09:04 PM

not sure if serious

ban him anyways for such blasphemy

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Biggest douche on the board. Get him out of here.

MetSox17
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac303/elfprincessarcher/oprah-you-mad.gif

RealityCheck
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
He's still a rookie, he will improve with time. You just can't go and call him a bust this early.

yodabear
11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for this thread. He was found.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Refs just need to realize how good he is so he doesn't get dumb PI calls on perfect coverage

Raiderz4Life
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Think you're confusing him with Breed there.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 09:26 PM
metsox is a veteran of the douche game, Breed is just taking the league by storm

MetSox17
11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Me: Tom Brady

Breed: Matt Stafford

yodabear
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM

Too bad none of you are....AARON RODGERS!

Borat
11-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Too bad PP doesn't play QB.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 10:29 PM
in due time sir

Saints-Tigers
11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Idk if Metsox is serious, that's one of the worst observations I've ever seen, but either way, he's far from the biggest douche here!

Jvig43
11-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Too bad none of you are....AARON RODGERS!

He's that guy on the Green bay packers right?

Breed
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM

What do you mean by this sir?

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Ladainian Tomlinson/Peyton Hillis is a better comparison for our two lovable douchebags.

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
MetSox is the lovable one

BeerBaron
11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Ladainian Tomlinson/Peyton Hillis is a better comparison for our two lovable douchebags.

There is not a god damned lovable thing about one of them. I don't know why some of you people enjoy having trolls around. They're just contrarian douches who contribute nothing to this place, which otherwise has a reasonable level of overall football intelligence.

Edit -

MetSox is the lovable one

Damn your speedy correction. I was ready for some RAGE time.

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Ehh, I think time will tell. He's doing great as a PR. Sure. He's got amazing straight line speed.

But, I still think he;s going to end up as a FS in the NFL, and a darn good 1.

There's no arguing that Petterson is going to be a stud in this league. I just think he's a natural FS, than CB.

dannyz
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Could he be on the same Level as Reed and Polamalu as a Safety?

fenikz
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
He's a shut down CB why would he move to FS?

FUNBUNCHER
11-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Could he be on the same Level as Reed and Polamalu as a Safety?

Very close IMO.

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 09:44 PM

shut down? no. He wasn't even shut down in college, he was darn good though. I recall Fuller doing pretty well against him, mostly on comebacks. I am curious though because I feel like he would be better at safety.

bucfan12
11-08-2011, 07:47 AM

Shut down CB? No. Not at all. Not saying he can't prove people wrong and become one, but I still think he can be an elite safety in this league more than an elite CB. He's just too big.

I watched him in college. He never shut down guys like Jones, Green, nor even Fuller. You can beat him because I just don't think he's got the lateral movements (fluid hips) to be a shut down CB.

He's 220, big, physical and fast. Great ball skills. Too me, that's a NFL safety.

no bare feet
11-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey look JBCX using PFF as his sole determinant as to one's skills, again.

no bare feet
11-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Shut down CB? No. Not at all. Not saying he can't prove people wrong and become one, but I still think he can be an elite safety in this league more than an elite CB. He's just too big.

I watched him in college. He never shut down guys like Jones, Green, nor even Fuller. You can beat him because I just don't think he's got the lateral movements (fluid hips) to be a shut down CB.

He's 220, big, physical and fast. Great ball skills. Too me, that's a NFL safety.

you know hw was shut down as a rookie, even though very overrated Devin McCourty. Now that is a bust about to explode.

JBCX
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Peterson looked awful yesterday against the 49ers. He was picked on in coverage constantly and missed alot of tackles.

Sloopy
11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Once I saw you post in the PP/Prince thread in the draft forum I knew this was the next step...

but what does PFF have to say about this JBCX?

phlysac
11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
What happened to Patrick Peterson?

This happened...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/38/fullj.e2254ce0ea91feabc57e59ccbd2b92d0/e2254ce0ea91feabc57e59ccbd2b92d0-getty-133622009.jpg

yodabear
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
He is on pace to destroy the Rams, but I mean who isn't?

descendency
11-30-2011, 03:33 PM

The Colts.

JBCX
11-30-2011, 06:11 PM
He's having a stellar year as a return man, no doubt.

But he has been pretty awful in coverage this year. Anyone who watches would agree.

This would be fine if he were, say, a 2nd round pick like Devin Hester, but if you're drafting a player top 5 overall, simply being an excellent return man is not enough.

J-Mike88
11-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Didn't the Rams beat Drew Brees and the Saints a few weeks ago?
Don't be so hard on the Goats.

Sloopy
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM

But he has been pretty awful in coverage this year. Anyone who watches would agree.

This would be fine if he were, say, a 2nd round pick like Devin Hester, but if you're drafting a player top 5 overall, simply being an excellent return man is not enough.

Why would I watch games when I can just get all my opinions from PFF?

Raiderz4Life
11-30-2011, 08:33 PM

He's gotten better. He's gone from awful to ok. His value wasn't in his polished skills, it was in his potential. He's still pretty raw but I think he can be real good at CB if he keeps improving like he has

dannyz
11-30-2011, 09:47 PM
http://blog.azcardinals.com/2011/11/29/for-peterson-shoes-are-hall-worthy/

Patrick Peterson is kinda in the HOF. The Shoes he wore during the 99 yard punt return walk off TD have been sent to the HOF.

comahan
11-30-2011, 09:56 PM

Yeah... Ive watched him, and I dont agree at all. He's gone from poor to average to good in the span of 11 games. He's improving game by game as a defender, and is already far and away the best DB on that team. Id welcome him to Houston with open arms as a straight up CB, even if he never touched the ball as a returner. He's already good, with a chance to be absolutely phenomenal.

Anyone who watches would agree.

JBCX
12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah... Ive watched him, and I dont agree at all. He's gone from poor to average to good in the span of 11 games. He's improving game by game as a defender, and is already far and away the best DB on that team. Id welcome him to Houston with open arms as a straight up CB, even if he never touched the ball as a returner. He's already good, with a chance to be absolutely phenomenal.

Anyone who watches would agree.

Did you see him play this past week? He was terrible.

Jensen
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Did you see him play this past week? He was terrible.

Oh ok, so lets base his entire playing ability off of one week. Good call. Go ahead and dismiss the three prior weeks where he was phenomenal.

Bulldogs
12-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh ok, so lets base his entire playing ability off of one week. Good call. Go ahead and dismiss the three prior weeks where he was phenomenal.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who promised the Steelers would miss the playoffs after losing to the Ravens weeks ago.

lowlife
12-03-2011, 11:15 AM
A typical up and down rookie season.
Thing is, he's hitting the extremes. Either flashing his ridiculous potential or playing outright awful.

You can really be on either side of the argument and cite a game and have solid backing.

JBCX
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM

He has had numerous poor games this season. It's not just one week.

fenikz
12-03-2011, 02:41 PM
hes had 1 poor game that I can think of(SF) and 5 games where he allowed 1 catch or fewer(Min, Bal, Pit, STL, Phi)

Most if not all of his struggling has come when in zone coverage, he is great in man or press man

Saints-Tigers
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Being a great rookie CB is hard, but as long as he's willing to put in work to be the best, he can be as good as he wants to be.

Raiderz4Life
12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Keep in mind this is the same guy who promised the Steelers would miss the playoffs after losing to the Ravens weeks ago.

He also claimed Washington was going to win the SB

killxswitch
12-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Joe Haden had an up-and-down rookie year and people called him a disappointment. Now he is one of the best and most consistent corners in the league. I can't believe people still jump on rookies DURING their rookie year.

Flyboy
12-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Joe Haden had an up-and-down rookie year and people called him a disappointment. Now he is one of the best and most consistent corners in the league. I can't believe people still jump on rookies DURING their rookie year.

It's highly annoying really. It's the stigma that comes with being a high pick in the draft unfortunately.

Vikes99ej
12-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Thank you, newfriend, for making the new Dumbest Thread I Have Seen All Year.

fenikz
12-03-2011, 10:14 PM
plus he does this

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardinals/09000d5d8222670a/D-Cardinals-89-yd-punt-return-TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d823999a6/D-Cardinals-82-yd-punt-return-TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d823d9b70/D-Cardinals-99-yd-punt-return-TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8248351b/D-Cardinals-80-yd-punt-return-TD

and my god is Ron Wolfey terrible at commentating

keylime_5
12-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Haden had 6 interceptions (4 straight games with an INT) as a rookie and was a blanket cover corner for the most part last season earning AFC pro bowl alternate honors. I think there are better examples. Who called him a disappointment???? They mustn't have watched any Browns football at all.

killxswitch
12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Haden had 6 interceptions (4 straight games with an INT) as a rookie and was a blanket cover corner for the most part last season earning AFC pro bowl alternate honors. I think there are better examples. Who called him a disappointment???? They mustn't have watched any Browns football at all.

Going from memory here but there were even fans on this site that said he was disappointing and not the top CB in his own class. I think McCourty's unexpected great year skewed perception.

soybean
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Im just pointing it out... but he let up a td to dez bryant today.

fenikz
12-04-2011, 05:18 PM
from 3 yards out, hes been amazing so far today

MetSox17
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Dez just caught two more on PP this drive.

Sloopy
12-04-2011, 05:48 PM
3 catches aloud and a TD = bust

I'm not saying this guy is a pro bowler but for the love of god the rookie is aloud to make mistakes and letting up some catches and TD is something every corner does of any skill level.

Offenses have ridiculous advantage, we see multiple high scoring games every weekend... corners give up some catches/TD's and JBCX lacks a point other than PFF is the end all be all of arguments

/thread

JBCX
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM
The fact of the matter is that Peterson has looked bad so far this year. He has great athletic ability, but he also has all of the limitations of a big corner - slow hips.

He *may* eventually develop into a high-level starter, but I'm skeptical.

Compare that to say, Joe Haden, who played at a Pro Bowl level throughout his rookie season.

Sloopy
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
The fact of the matter is that Peterson has looked bad so far this year. He has great athletic ability, but he also has all of the limitations of a big corner - slow hips.

He *may* eventually develop into a high-level starter, but I'm skeptical.

Compare that to say, Joe Haden, who played at a Pro Bowl level throughout his rookie season.

Not every rookie is going to have pro bowl seasons...

Borat
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
This is so stupid. PP has been above average at the very least. Not elite yet, but good enough for a rookie. Leave the guy alone. He's not Nnamdi but he's not Rod Hood either.

MetSox17
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM
two more catches, in the clutch. dezzzzzz