PDA

View Full Version : 2012 QB Class

onejayhawk
10-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Is this class going to give 2004 a run for best class in the last 10 years?

2004:
#1 Eli Manning
#4 Phillip Rivers
#11 Ben Roethlisberger
#22 JP Losman
#89 Matt Schaub

2012:

Andrew Luck
Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Ryan Tannehill
Robert Griffin III
Kirk Cousins
Nick Foles
Ryan Lindley

Probably at least one of the Juniors will return for the Senior year, but I can see any of these guys going top 50.

J

Sloopy
10-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Is this class going to give 2004 a run for best class in the last 10 years?

2004:
#1 Eli Manning
#4 Phillip Rivers
#11 Ben Roethlisberger
#22 JP Losman
#89 Matt Schaub

2012:

Andrew Luck
Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Ryan Tannehill
Robert Griffin III
Kirk Cousins
Nick Foles
Ryan Lindley

Probably at least one of the Juniors will return for the Senior year, but I can see any of these guys going top 50.

J

Not to feed into another thread that will essentially turn into an Andrew Luck thread... but every year there are 3-4 QBs that everyone gets excited about and there will always be people claiming that their guy will be a franchise QB for each one respectively. However, it rarely pans out that way. Chances are 1-2 of these guys become Elite and 1 more might be a serviceable starter 1 more might be a decent back up and the rest will be out of the league in 2-3 years or buried on some teams depth chart/practice squad.

nepg
10-21-2011, 10:16 PM
I think 2011 was better. I think this year is kind of the standard fare at QB. People overrate the class a bit because of Luck. Luck and Barkley are the only strong first round options right now, but teams could fall in love with a couple others. RG3 in particular.

onejayhawk
10-22-2011, 04:24 AM
2011 was not well regarded after Luck pulled out. It has played well so far.

J

49erNation85
10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Kellen Moore > Kirk Cousins
Nick Foles
Ryan Lindley

Moore should be in your top five don't be hating.

onejayhawk
10-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Kellen Moore > Kirk Cousins
Nick Foles
Ryan Lindley

Moore should be in your top five don't be hating.

After Luck there is no ranking. Jones and Barkley are by far the best known, which is why they are next, but I am a fan of neither.

J

bucfan12
10-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Are people forgetting the 2009 QB class as well? Stafford and Freeman are looking like Franchise QBs there respective teams are building around. Sanchez isn't terrible, but he's an above average QB as well. Is it better than the 04 QB class? No, atleast not yet (still too early).. Only 2 elite QBs came out of that class with Eli as an abover average starter.

The 2012 class, in my opinion, has 1 elite QB prospect and question marks surrounding Barkely, Jones, and the rest. Tanehill is a sleeper to me as I think he can develop nicely into a very good starting QB in the NFL. Same with Nick Foles.

Not too high on Robert Griffin. Landry Jones plays in a spread offense, so it's hard to judge him. He's growing on me, but unsure. Matt Barkely, to me, isn't even as good as a prospect as Mark Sanchez was. Between Barkely and Jones, I think 1 of them will stay, possibly both for there senior years.

descendency
10-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Sanchez isn't terrible, but he's an above average QB

There are easily 20 QBs I'd rather have than Mark Sanchez. He's trash.

BRAVEHEART
10-22-2011, 10:17 PM
I see RG3, Barkley, and Landry (if they don't make it to the MNC) staying for another year.

jth1331
10-24-2011, 09:59 AM
2012 QB Class will be iffy IMO.
I don't think Barkley or Landry will come out. So after Luck, you're left with reaching for a QB. Foles, Griffin, Tannehil, etc. I don't think any are top 10 pick QB prospects.

DcmRulz
10-24-2011, 10:56 AM
If all three stay, this QB class is suddenly very ordinary (even more without Luck)

WCH
10-24-2011, 08:58 PM
There are easily 20 QBs I'd rather have than Mark Sanchez. He's trash.

True. I'm amazed that some people still think he's a Franchise QB.

SickwithIt1010
10-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Not too high on Robert Griffin. Landry Jones plays in a spread offense, so it's hard to judge him. He's growing on me, but unsure. Matt Barkely, to me, isn't even as good as a prospect as Mark Sanchez was. Between Barkely and Jones, I think 1 of them will stay, possibly both for there senior years.

Barkley is a better prospect than Sanchez.

TheSlinger
10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Ok, we're at the "is this class better than 1983/2004" stage?

Can't wait for the "I WOULDN'T TOUCH ANY OF THESE QBs IN THE FIRST ROUND" stage.

jth1331
10-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Ok, we're at the "is this class better than 1983/2004" stage?

Can't wait for the "I WOULDN'T TOUCH ANY OF THESE QBs IN THE FIRST ROUND" stage.

I can't wait til next year when we start talking about how Luck/Barkley/Jones/Griffin/Tannehil are nothing compared to *insert 2013 QB draftee*.

Halsey
10-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Not to feed into another thread that will essentially turn into an Andrew Luck thread... but every year there are 3-4 QBs that everyone gets excited about and there will always be people claiming that their guy will be a franchise QB for each one respectively. However, it rarely pans out that way. Chances are 1-2 of these guys become Elite and 1 more might be a serviceable starter 1 more might be a decent back up and the rest will be out of the league in 2-3 years or buried on some teams depth chart/practice squad.

Yeah, it's called the NFL Draft. Every year there are 3-4 RBs, WRs, DEs, CBs, DTs, etc that everyone gets excited about. Only a small percentage will be elite, and many will be out of the league in 2-3 years.