PDA

View Full Version : Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Only a sophomore, but Werner has been one of FSU's best defensive player this year. He constantly gets pressure, doesn't take plays off, and is great against the run. He's 6'4, 270, has solid speed, strength, and a variety of pass rush moves. 5 sacks, 6.5 TFL through 6 games. What do you guys think about him for next year?

ElectricEye
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Easily my favorite player in next years class. Lot's of upside considering he really hasn't been playing football all that long due to his background. Just a real functionally strong guy and a good athlete to boot. High motor too, from what I've seen.

Rabscuttle
10-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Reminds me of Justin Smith, relentless and strong.

Duffman57
10-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Only a sophomore, but Werner has been one of FSU's best defensive player this year. He constantly gets pressure, doesn't take plays off, and is great against the run. He's 6'4, 270, has solid speed, strength, and a variety of pass rush moves. 5 sacks, 6.5 TFL through 6 games. What do you guys think about him for next year?

I have no source for this and have no idea if it's true, but i guess he's eligible for the draft this year, because although he's a true sophomore, he spent a year at a prep school the year before he came to FSU, picking up an extra year after HS, so he's considered a 3rd year player by the NFL, making him draft eligible.

Havent seen much of him though, since most of the few times i watched FSU, i was watching for Jenkins and Bradham.

tjsunstein
10-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I loved listening to him talk when he committed.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4883512

Babylon
10-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Reminds me of Justin Smith, relentless and strong.

Smith may be right up there with the best 3-4 ends in the NFL so that is some pretty high praise. Need more Germans in the league.

Rabscuttle
10-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Smith may be right up there with the best 3-4 ends in the NFL so that is some pretty high praise. Need more Germans in the league.

Not saying he's that good, Smith is at a rare level. Just the style of play and intensity.

BuddyCHRIST
10-22-2011, 08:03 PM
He's a great personality as well and has a good head on his shoulders. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay 4 years and get a degree though either, seems like that kind of kid.

Tho he is a little older for his class so I'm not sure when he could technically enter. But he just dominates on the field, I don't know if he'll test amazing but he's a great ffootball player.

MassNole
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
FWIW, Werner would be eligible for the 2012 Draft as he is more than 3 years removed from High School. He would fall under the Larry Fitzgerald exemption where 1 year of prep ball plus 2 years of college creates eligibility (unless the last CBA closed that rule). That said, he'll be at FSU in 2012.