PDA

View Full Version : I'm faster than Chris Johnson

eltwentyone
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
dudes slow maan, i could beat him with a wheelchair.......

but in all seriousness what happened to him, i didn't watch teh game but saw the box score and I read on rotoworld, doesn't seem to have that lateral agility and burst. They game planned for him to get back in track during the bye so focus is not an excuse, Ringer was playing at one point.

Did he lose it, or once he gets better conditioning we will see the old cj2k, Foster, Mcfadden and AP are starting to take his thunder, completely fell off.

P.S.

If steve smith plays at this level for another 3-4 years, does this make HOF worthy? i guess probally not but its worth the discussion, dudes a freak, imaging if he got traded to the patriots couple years back, imagine a wes welker/moss type damn lol

cvv84
10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
dudes slow maan, i could beat him with a wheelchair.......

Chris Johnson is so slow it takes him an hour and a half to watch "60 Minutes"

Pit Bull #53
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM
He looks a step slower to me. He also doesn't make people miss in the open field anymore, which he's had a few shots at this year and failed miserably.

Our interior OL is blocking like complete garbage. But guess what? Even if they were playing great it wouldn't matter with the way he's pussyfooting around. Slow to the hole, tentative, and looks like he's scared of contact. Put a decent hit on him and watch him just crumble.

In his last 16 games he barely has 1000 yards. What a joke.

Caulibflower
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Chris Johnson SUCKS.

Basileus777
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
He looks really soft out there, like he doesn't want to get hit or make contact. His blocking isn't the greatest, but CJ is leaving yards on the field.

AHungryWalrus
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
... is he still better than All Day?

... anyone?

... Bueller?

FUNBUNCHER
10-24-2011, 03:51 PM
It's the biggest mystery of the NFL season thus far. CJ2K is off, but I don't know if it's mental or he's playing hurt.

jack1077
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
It's the biggest mystery of the NFL season thus far. CJ2K is off, but I don't know if it's mental or he's playing hurt.

Or he just got paid and now doesn't care?

DoughBoy
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
there's lots of things wrong with him-

A) He is making moves before anyone is 5 yards from him
B) He is trying to be Barry Sanders all of the sudden and that **** doesn't work unless your Barry ******* Sanders.
C) He isn't running with any purpose and stops moving his feet as soon as someone sizes him up.
D)He is avoiding contact
E) His O-line can't run block for ****
F)He isn't breaking any tackles
G) He isn't falling forward like he use to.

I don't think he lost a step, I think he lost the chip on his shoulder to be honest. CJ's best quality (other than his speed) was that he ran with attitude and didn't go down on first contact. Now he runs completely different, I don't know if he just got paid and is trying to protect himself, or that he hasn't found his groove, or that he just became a *****. All I know is that this a great opportunity to get himself right against the Colts. If he can't do that, then we have 2 promising RBs behind him that would love to get more touches.

tjsunstein
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
He got paid. It's not the first time this has happened nor the last.

J-Mike88
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
He got paid. It's not the first time this has happened nor the last.
Right.
He ran thru danger before to get his money.
Now that he has that, fear runs thru him first & foremost.

Don't get me wrong. If he gets an edge and can run up the sideline fast, he's still gonna look great.

But don't look for him to run into the line hellbent on cracking thru someone.

Nalej
10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
there's lots of things wrong with him-

A) He is making moves before anyone is 5 yards from him
B) He is trying to be Barry Sanders all of the sudden and that **** doesn't work unless your Barry ******* Sanders.
C) He isn't running with any purpose and stops moving his feet as soon as someone sizes him up.
D)He is avoiding contact
E) His O-line can't run block for ****
F)He isn't breaking any tackles
G) He isn't falling forward like he use to.

I don't think he lost a step, I think he lost the chip on his shoulder to be honest. CJ's best quality (other than his speed) was that he ran with attitude and didn't go down on first contact. Now he runs completely different, I don't know if he just got paid and is trying to protect himself, or that he hasn't found his groove, or that he just became a *****. All I know is that this a great opportunity to get himself right against the Colts. If he can't do that, then we have 2 promising RBs behind him that would love to get more touches.

I lol'd ........

Pit Bull #53
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Not sure that I agree with the notion that he's bitching out now that he's been paid big money. This regression goes back to last year, before he got paid. Fans were starting to grumble about his performance in the last half of the year, and despite the numbers in a few of those games (went over 100yds a few times), he was NOT that impressive. I think most fans were content to chalk it up to tired legs, or being worn down, maybe - considering he was coming off a season with alot of carries relative to his frame. Especially at the end of that year and into the first half of 2010.

The most worrisome thing I saw in 2010 was the ineffectiveness of his 2 most dangerous weapons. He wasn't destroying angles anymore, and he wasn't making anyone miss in the open field. He did that consistently in 09, a couple of times in 2010, and it hasn't happened at all so far this year.

I think I may buy that getting the big bucks hasn't helped, but I don't buy that it's the entire problem.

TitanHope
10-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I think he still has that elite 6th gear, but he doesn't engage it because he has a bruised vagina.

CC.SD
10-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm faster than CJ too, it's awesome the cops never catch me.

wogitalia
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I think he still has that elite 6th gear, but he doesn't engage it because he has a bruised vagina.

I loled!

Seriously though, he bitched out on training camp and is now playing like crap, not a great look!

TitanHope
10-24-2011, 09:12 PM
I wish they'd heavily increase his receiving role. You can't deny his skillset, so if he's being so ineffective rushing the ball, and adding the fact that the WR's not named Nate Washington haven't stepped up after Britt went down, why not line him up outside?

They lined him up out wide against Houston, and he was the hot receiver. Hasselbeck passed him the ball, he caught it easily, and was able to make the CB miss and had a huge gain. It was a great play. CJ in the open field is what we want.

If Devin Hester can play receiver, then so can Chris Johnson.

Hell, CJ played RB, WR, and RS at East Carolina. I actually thought he'd be a RB/Slot WR for us. He's got experience. He's got the skillset. You just invested huge money into this guy. Get the most out of him.

OzTitan
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM
He's like a young QB who is shellshocked by poor blocking. He has been getting blown up behind the LOS so much he's pretty much starting to expect it and bring it on himself. If there are holes for him, he's too concerned to hit them with any force. A top RB will find some nice gains here and there behind the worst of run blocking OLs, because they'll get a few blocks right here and there. You could count the amount of times CJ has taken advantage of a random good block so far this season on the claws of a crab.

With the absence of a significant injury, i.e. the "big one" RBs all eventually get that slows them down and turns them into carry sharing shells of their former selfs, I find it hard to believe CJ has physically slowed down. I think it's mostly mental. Is the big payout a factor? perhaps. I wouldn't expect this in a contract season. But I think CJ's true problem is he never really bought into the starting NFL RB position as the methodical, patience driven position it is. It is about the big runs with him. I don't question his desire to win, but it just seems like when a run looks like it isn't going to let him break free, which is 100% of them lately, rather than put his head down and gut it out for 3-5 yards, he tries to find the safest way to go down and move onto the next run - because the next one could be a homer! These haven't been happening though, and it's like he's in a downwards spiral now, clearly frustrated by the conditions he has to work with and perhaps feeling a little sorry for himself.

After the Texans game CJ all but blamed the OL, or playcalling, or both. It wasn't clear what he was referring to but he made it clear if fans can't see what the problem is, then they don't know much about football. While it's true the blocking may be lacking, that's no excuse to not give 100% on every run.

FUNBUNCHER
10-24-2011, 10:23 PM
It's funny because ESPN played a clip last season of AD's RB coach Eric Biemeny(sp) playing Chris Johnson highlights in an effort to show Peterson how patient CJ was in following his blocking before exploding through a hole.

Right now I think it's all mental for CJ.

soybean
10-24-2011, 10:32 PM
is it at all possible, he just doesn't care or run as hard because he got paid?

just a theory.

TitanHope
10-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Javon Ringer has straight up called out the OL.

Ringer wants the ball, but also defends Johnson - The Tennessean (http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2011/10/23/ringer-wants-the-ball-but-defends-c-j/)

“Of course I want the ball,” said Ringer, a third-year pro. “I feel I have my qualities that I feel make me just as good as C.J., but clearly I am just not as fast. But no disrespect to the fans, but what people in the stands don’t understand is no matter who you have in the backfield, if things aren’t working right up front, nothing is going to work right.

“Even if I’m in there and things aren’t working right up front, we’re not going to have success. I’ll get hit around and smacked around like he has been.”

Ringer said he doesn’t think Johnson is the problem: “People in the stands look at C.J. and they think, ‘OK, outrun this guy, break tackles.’ But you can’t if there’s no room there. I am not trying to deliberately point the finger at anyone, but we need to work better as a team.”

The Titans need David DeCastro or Peter Konz in the first round next year. And if not them, then a stud, impact player on defense.

OzTitan
10-24-2011, 10:51 PM
It's funny because ESPN played a clip last season of AD's RB coach Eric Biemeny(sp) playing Chris Johnson highlights in an effort to show Peterson how patient CJ was in following his blocking before exploding through a hole.

Right now I think it's all mental for CJ.

I remember this. And I don't think CJ has necessarily 180'd from this. Waiting for the blocks to open holes would explain why he seems to be tenative and cautious around the LOS. When the blocking was average, he'd find enough holes to make it work. Now it's atrocious, those holes aren't coming, and perhaps CJ hasn't adjusted his game to accept this and look for the short yardage gains instead.

And yes I think it's possible his pay day has lowered his intensity.

OzTitan
10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
BTW here is CJ's contract breakdown:

2011 - $3M BS + $1.66M SB = $4.66M cap. Fully guaranteed.

2012 - $8M BS + $1.66M SB = $9.66M cap. Guaranteed for "injury". Fully guaranteed after the 5th day of the season if he's still on the roster.

2013 - $10M BS + $1.66M SB = $11.66M cap. $9M of BS is guaranteed for "injury". Fully guaranteed after the 5th day of the season if he's still on the roster.

2014 - $8M BS + $1.66M SB = $9.66M cap.

2015 - $8M BS + $1.66M SB = $9.66M cap.

2016 - $7M BS + $2M Roster Bonus + $1.66M SB = $10.66M cap.

Basically his "$30M guaranteed" is bogus. It's only that way if he gets a career ending injury (I think that's what "guaranteed for injury" means anyway). He has $13M of the deal so far in his hands, or will by the end of this season, and it would actually be a small net cap gain if the Titans cut or trade him this offseason due to performance issues. If he's still on the roster 5 days into the 2013 season he has $31M in his pocket from this deal - so I think there is still plenty of incentive to play well.

But then I guess $13M ain't too bad a pay day to settle down with.

whatadai
10-25-2011, 03:52 AM
BTW here is CJ's contract breakdown:

2011 - $3M BS + $1.66M SB = $4.66M cap. Fully guaranteed.

2012 - $8M BS + $1.66M SB = $9.66M cap. Guaranteed for "injury". Fully guaranteed after the 5th day of the season if he's still on the roster.

2013 - $10M BS + $1.66M SB = $11.66M cap. $9M of BS is guaranteed for "injury". Fully guaranteed after the 5th day of the season if he's still on the roster.

2014 - $8M BS + $1.66M SB = $9.66M cap.

2015 - $8M BS + $1.66M SB = $9.66M cap.

2016 - $7M BS + $2M Roster Bonus + $1.66M SB = $10.66M cap.

Basically his "$30M guaranteed" is bogus. It's only that way if he gets a career ending injury (I think that's what "guaranteed for injury" means anyway). He has $13M of the deal so far in his hands, or will by the end of this season, and it would actually be a small net cap gain if the Titans cut or trade him this offseason due to performance issues. If he's still on the roster 5 days into the 2013 season he has $31M in his pocket from this deal - so I think there is still plenty of incentive to play well.

But then I guess $13M ain't too bad a pay day to settle down with.

The Titans wouldn't outright cut him if he has a bad 2011 so the only scenario I see is if he gets traded...which means he's still guaranteed the money, so it could really mean that he got lazy after getting paid. But I do agree that his play did fall off in the second half of last season...personally I think he's not trying because of the the team he's on...

1. They're not going to win the Super Bowl...it's pretty obvious, so why waste your body on a non-championship caliber team and end up like LT2?
2. They suck at retaining their team leaders and good players.
3. They treated him like crap before paying him...so why not take it out on them in return now that he's paid?
4. The fans are turning their backs on him so easily after a few poor games.

stephenson86
10-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Chris Johnson is so slow, he hasn't got getting away from the cops speed.

prock
10-25-2011, 05:38 AM
1. They're not going to win the Super Bowl...it's pretty obvious, so why waste your body on a non-championship caliber team and end up like LT2?
2. They suck at retaining their team leaders and good players.
3. They treated him like crap before paying him...so why not take it out on them in return now that he's paid?
4. The fans are turning their backs on him so easily after a few poor games.

1. Because you love the game.
2. Keith Bulluck was there forever
3. He just got a big contract, so I'm not sure what he has to take out. "I'm gonna be lazy and ****** for the Titans as pay back for getting a giant contract!"
4. Because it's been so obvious how ****** he has been and how different he is playing that in years past.

stephenson86
10-25-2011, 05:45 AM
2000 yards always affected the careers of those who achieved it.

OzTitan
10-25-2011, 07:16 AM
CJ is on pace for possibly the worst season in recent times for a starting NFL RB. It isn't just a "few poor games", it's a trend of horrific games.

And as for the rest of those reasons - if that's the case, CJ has no place in the NFL at all anyway. But I'll bite on #2 - name one good player the Titans let go too soon. Randall Godfrey? Lorenzo Neal? It's an odd perception the Titans seem to have considering they basically spent their way into one of the league's worst cases of cap hell ever.

eltwentyone
10-30-2011, 06:51 PM
maaaaaan he done, running by commiteee now, he just punked the titans organization

MetSox17
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
2000 yards always affected the careers of those who achieved it.

It isn't the yards. It's the 358 carries. It's absolutely proven, time and time again. Getting pounded like that in one season will derail your career. Ask Larry Johnson.

The Alex
10-30-2011, 07:40 PM
He's never going to be the same again and I hate my life because of it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/334smyh.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I am faster than Reggie Bush:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207

OzTitan
10-31-2011, 05:52 AM
maaaaaan he done, running by commiteee now, he just punked the titans organization

Well, only $13M of his contract was actually legit guaranteed money. They can release him next offseason for a net cap gain.

nepg
10-31-2011, 07:10 AM
He's out of shape and he doesn't care. Dude got paid and checked out.

NIN1984
10-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Its time to hit the bench, Ringer looks a lot better.

LonghornsLegend
10-31-2011, 09:47 AM
To be honest it doesn't look like he worked out one bit last off-season. Not even the slightest. But what annoys me is people act like he's been this sorry his entire career. Or that for some reason the AD vs CJ debates never had an validity to them. Get real. It's night and day watching the guy we see now, and the guy who came out.

It's not like he just had one good Steve Slaton type of season. He just saw a huge payday coming, and got lazy.