PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons = "Dirty" Birds

Hawk
10-24-2011, 06:36 PM
This is the second time in 3 weeks that defensive lineman have said the Falcons play dirty. Raji said it after the Packers game and now Suh is saying it. What's going on down there?

MetSox17
10-24-2011, 06:36 PM
What did Suh say?

CC.SD
10-24-2011, 06:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7145144/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-calls-matt-ryan-injury-karma-atlanta-falcons

Here's the link. Suh drops some freaking awesome sound bytes here.

"There are many, many, many plays that I could go back to that I watch on film all week that their offensive line has done," Suh said Monday, "and that they've been coached to do, as far as I know. It's not anything that's not been said; it's not anything that's new."

Center Todd McClure said Suh was taunting Ryan and calling for the Falcons to "get the cart."
Love it.

"Basically, my whole thing is, with all the statements, they're going to say what they want to say -- he said, she said,'' Suh said. "I know, for the fact of the matter, Cliff, or anybody for that matter, would have kicked their quarterback, I'm sure there would have been a riot -- there would've been a fight broken out real quick. Because I guarantee you if that would've happened to [Lions quarterback] Matt Stafford, and he was on the ground and somebody kicked him, I guarantee you all hell would've broken loose."

Splat
10-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Suh calling people dirty makes me laugh.

Hawk
10-24-2011, 06:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7145144/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-calls-matt-ryan-injury-karma-atlanta-falcons

And here is what Raji said a few weeks ago

http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/10/07/raji-falcons-are-cheap/

soybean
10-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Suh calling people dirty makes me laugh.

seriously. So the dirtiest player in the league called other people dirty? -_-

niel89
10-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I really hope that Suh's dirtiness doesn't rub off on Fairley.

Brodeur
10-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Suh has made like three dirty plays, Christ.

TimmG6376
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I think it is interesting too. The media (read ESPN) is focusing on whether or not Suh and/or Avril did anything.

They are completely ignoring that this is the second game that defensive linemen have commented on dirty play by the Falcons offensive line.

Rabscuttle
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I just assume most linemen are dirty to some extent and I don't think any line functions properly without an enforcer type that will take care of business when opponents start taking liberties.

If Suh is finding himself getting extra attention, well that's part and parcell of dishing out hurt like he's so proud of doing. For a big tough guy he sure doesn't seem to like the attention his actions are getting. Too bad he won't take on the heavyweights at left guard.

Gogan might be my all time favourite enforcer. I think he just woke up ready to hurt somebody.

WMD
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
"Do I need Rodney (sic) White's respect? No," Suh said. "Leave it at that."

Suh rules.

M.O.T.H.
10-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I really hope that Suh's dirtiness doesn't rub off on Fairley.

Unless he starts killing people or ripping off limbs...I dont think Fairley can get much dirtier.

Hawk
10-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I think it is interesting too. The media (read ESPN) is focusing on whether or not Suh and/or Avril did anything.

They are completely ignoring that this is the second game that defensive linemen have commented on dirty play by the Falcons offensive line.

Agreed. Avril, Suh, and Raji are 3 players saying that the Falcons are dirty. Suh has made his dirty plays and been fined for it. But what about Raji and Avril? What have they done?

And yeah I'm sure there's a certain extent of dirtiness that goes beyond the play in every game, but it must be a recurring theme for players to come out and be vocal about it.

Rabscuttle
10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Unless he starts killing people or ripping off limbs...I dont think Fairley can get much dirtier.

Can't be very dirty in the training room, what'd he do snap a towel?

M.O.T.H.
10-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Can't be very dirty in the training room, what'd he do snap a towel?

Obviously I'm talking about the reputation he gained in college.

Rabscuttle
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Obviously I'm talking about the reputation he gained in college.

I know, but I did have to google to see that Fairley had dressed this year and it turns out that he played against my team and I watched the game twice. He's a goddam ninja.

wogitalia
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Are lineman really becoming such primadonnas?

I mean they call it the trenches... drama queens toughen up!

Rabscuttle
10-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Are lineman really becoming such primadonnas?

I mean they call it the trenches... drama queens toughen up!

no kidding, but the rep was for not calling them pre-Madonnas.

Sloopy
10-24-2011, 08:09 PM

I'd venture to say that there are many other players in the league who are far dirtier than Suh.

descendency
10-24-2011, 08:14 PM

what does James Harrison have to do with this?

Flyboy
10-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Pretty sure it's in reference to their run blocking scheme... but I didn't think they still ran a ZBS? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong..

Bulldogs
10-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Somebody called him out, to avoid looking bad he pretty much says the same thing back. It's a he said she said kinda thing and we'll probably never find out what really happened. We kinda lost some of our nastiness on O-Line when Harvey Dahl left to the Rams.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
The Falcons are often known for playing right up to the whistle and a bit after it. Clabo and Dahl did it all the time. As a matter of fact, Prisco said they used to take pride in it. Reynolds has stepped in for Dahl and still brings some nastiness, only problem is he sucks.

soybean
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Suh has made like three dirty plays, Christ.

if you are talking about per game, then I agree with you.

ImBrotherCain
10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
if you are talking about per game, then I agree with you.

I agree with Brodeur here... Which is rare.

He is no where near the dirtiest player in the league... I mean I can name at least 3 dirtier players that play on the Steelers and then you can name Finnegan and the player I detest the most in the NFL Brandon Meriweather.

Those are dirtier players that Suh

soybean
10-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Never heard suh talk before. Saw an interview today. He sounds very smart articulate and uh... literate. Color me shocked. o.O

Brodeur
10-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Never heard suh talk before. Saw an interview today. He sounds very smart articulate and uh... literate. Color me shocked. o.O

http://cdn3.hark.com/images/000/001/930/1930/original.gif

BigBanger
10-25-2011, 12:37 AM
He sounds very smart articulate and uh... literate.
yqyixwqiCag&feature=related

DanZilla
10-25-2011, 01:28 AM
http://cdn3.hark.com/images/000/001/930/1930/original.gif

yqyixwqiCag&feature=related
no truer reactions have been posted

Notredameleo
10-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Suh may be dirty, but I dont think thats a bad thing from the DT position. I also dont think the Falcons line has much room to talk .

bearsfan_51
10-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Isn't soybean like 65? I'm pretty sure he was alive when segregation was still cool.

Brodeur
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Isn't soybean like 65? I'm pretty sure he was alive when segregation was still cool.

I thought that was iamcanadian. I have no idea whatsoever how old Soybean is.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-25-2011, 08:34 PM
All in all, Suh's a douche.

bearsfan_51
10-25-2011, 08:35 PM
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.

J-Mike88
10-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I agree with Brodeur here... Which is rare.

He is no where near the dirtiest player in the league... I mean I can name at least 3 dirtier players that play on the Steelers and then you can name Finnegan and the player I detest the most in the NFL Brandon Meriweather.

Those are dirtier players that Suh
He's not even the dirtiest player on his own defense.
That's Louis Delmas, who when he gets free shots at defenseless defenders, shoots his helmet/shoulder pads into their knees.
Side or front of them, doesn't matter.

He almost tore Finley's ACL before, and he just did get Ovie, the Falcons tank FB.
Had free shot on them both to nail em in the waist or chest, but he makes sure to hit them at the knee.

You have Merriweather #1 on your list. I have him high too, but Delmas is #1.
Suh is also top-ten.

Whoever hit Jordan Shipley in week one, same type of p*ssy hit as Delmas on Ovie, is also on my list.

If these hits were on stars or QBs, they'd have been big news.

Notredameleo
10-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Delmas isn't a dirty player. He went low, but he wasn't aiming for anyones knee, that was ridiculous. He was the first person to call over the medical staff after he hit Mughelli. And was there beside him after. It was an unfortunate situation.

phlysac
10-25-2011, 11:11 PM

As naive as your comment sounds, I sadly think it's relevent.

If Suh weren't affable and articulate, his media perception would be MUCH different.

BigBanger
10-25-2011, 11:14 PM
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.

sig quote. LMAO

As naive as your comment sounds, I sadly think it's relevent.

If Suh weren't affable and articulate, his media perception would be MUCH different.

I thought his grammar sucked.

BigBanger
10-25-2011, 11:28 PM
That fast bastard for Kansas City is a dirty player ... grabbing other guys junk on a weekly basis? That's dirty and he's a below average player.

Suh ripping your QBs head off? Well, thats football. Get over it, or block him. Suh is the furthest thing from dirty. He's physical. Now that the media and fans have become such vaginas about "dirty hits" or anything remotely violent looking, everyone that plays the game the way it should be played, is now called dirty. Its pretty pathetic that a player like Ronnie Lott would be catching **** for the way he destroyed people and the mentality that he brought to a defense in this ****** league. Suh isn't dirty. Talking **** about Ryan? Saying, "Get the cart?" Who ******* cares? Why is this even news? And then Roddy White, who's a ******* bum now, is talking about this like it's some ******* big deal. They're all mad at Suh for being mean on the field. The game is played by a bunch of pussies these days.

James Harrison ... another guy that isn't dirty. Just because he abuses grown men and makes them look like cowering little queers, that does not make him dirty. It makes him physical. He's fined for hitting people too hard. Boo-*******-hoo.

Ness
10-25-2011, 11:44 PM
That fast bastard for Kansas City is a dirty player ... grabbing other guys junk on a weekly basis? That's dirty and he's a below average player.

Suh ripping your QBs head off? Well, thats football. Get over it, or block him. Suh is the furthest thing from dirty. He's physical. Now that the media and fans have become such vaginas about "dirty hits" or anything remotely violent looking, everyone that plays the game the way it should be played, is now called dirty. Its pretty pathetic that a player like Ronnie Lott would be catching **** for the way he destroyed people and the mentality that he brought to a defense in this ****** league. Suh isn't dirty. Talking **** about Ryan? Saying, "Get the cart?" Who ******* cares? Why is this even news? And then Roddy White, who's a ******* bum now, is talking about this like it's some ******* big deal. They're all mad at Suh for being mean on the field. The game is played by a bunch of pussies these days.

James Harrison ... another guy that isn't dirty. Just because he abuses grown men and makes them look like cowering little queers, that does not make him dirty. It makes him physical. He's fined for hitting people too hard. Boo-*******-hoo.
Ronnie Lott just played hard, but he never took cheap shots at opportunistic times. He would have still been labeled as dirty player back then if he did do things in that fashion. Rodney Harrison got the same stigma when he was in the NFL.

BigBanger
10-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Suh just played hard, but he never took cheap shots at opportunistic times.

See what I did there?

J-Mike88
10-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Delmas isn't a dirty player. He went low, but he wasn't aiming for anyones knee, that was ridiculous. He was the first person to call over the medical staff after he hit Mughelli. And was there beside him after. It was an unfortunate situation.
He's either A) dirty, B) stupid, or C) cowardly because he's made hits like that a number of times, and nobody has ever taught him to tackle like that. At least in the NFL. Not sure what coaching he got in HS or before. But hits like that are wreckless, obviously.

It's not like how Hightower tore his ACL planting.
This was 100% on Delmas.

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 08:09 AM

James Harrison does have lapses in judgement where physicality turns in to dirty hits. I have seen many, many times where the man has head with his helmet. He may not intentionally injure people but leading with your helmet whether or not the intention is there if you lead with your helmet, people will get hurt.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-26-2011, 10:42 AM
See what I did there?

Like when the Falcons center bumped into him on his way off the field and Suh pushed him to the ground?

Edit: Not that I'd necessarily classify that as dirty, but he's just a douche. One I'd love to have on my team, but a douche nonetheless.

Saints-Tigers
10-26-2011, 11:23 AM
The Falcons do cry a lot, I think they took on the persona of Mike Smith. He has the best cry face ever.

TimmG6376
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Like when the Falcons center bumped into him on his way off the field and Suh pushed him to the ground?

Looked for video of this but can't find it. Was this like the push that Hawk got penalized for?

Suh is pretty strong but the Falcons linemen seem to go down awfully easy for professional athletes in the 300lb range.

fear the elf
10-26-2011, 12:12 PM

Since when is decapitating Jake Delhomme and Andy Dalton in PRESEASON games "football?"

Also James Harrison is dirty. Tell me the hits on MoMass and Josh Cribbs last year weren't intentional helmet-to-helmet hits. If I remember correctly, Cribbs was a runner, so that could be considered OK, although, actually using tackling technique might be a good suggestion.

Internet tough guy routine at it's finest. These guys are bitches because they don't want to take hits outside the confines of the game, when in actuality, you would never do it yourself. The game is physical enough already, why do we need players targeting each other's heads too?

fear the elf
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Whoever hit Jordan Shipley in week one, same type of p*ssy hit as Delmas on Ovie, is also on my list.

You talking about the hit TJ Ward put on him last year? I still don't think it was intentional, but even if it was, he hasn't had any dirty hits since (that I can think of), so why would he be "on your list?" There are plenty of other players that have made 1 helmet-to-helmet hit in their careers.

Splat
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM

For one he has a name and two he doesn't play for KC anymore try and keep up.

A Perfect Score
10-26-2011, 12:17 PM
James Harrison is the dirtiest player in the NFL. Lets just settle that **** right here and now...I don't even see how that's up for debate. {Cue Steelers fans making excuses...NOW!}

Atlanta had a reputation as a bit of a chippy franchise last year as well, if I remember correctly. Their offensive line was known to be a little below the belt as a unit, I believe I heard it on numerous occasions. That said, that's kind of who I'd want protecting my QB if I were the head coach of a franchise.

Same goes for Suh. I think while he pushes the limit every now and then with his aggressiveness, when it's all said and done, it's just that: aggressiveness. Everyone speaks so highly of him as an individual and as a person off the field I find it hard to believe he's out there looking to purposely injure QBs. He's already one of my favorite defenders to watch in the NFL as well, he's just a monster on the defensive line. Again, aggressive and a little mean is exactly how I want my defenders to play.

FlyingElvis
10-26-2011, 12:44 PM
I have zero respect for the lot of 'em. The most disturbing thing about it the fact that a bunch of grown men playing a violent game are complaining about improper etiquette amongst trash-talking widebodies.

The Falcons players sound like a bunch of prissy little tattletales.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Looked for video of this but can't find it. Was this like the push that Hawk got penalized for?

Suh is pretty strong but the Falcons linemen seem to go down awfully easy for professional athletes in the 300lb range.

Don't believe there's a video, but here's a little article about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/23/suh-gets-away-with-a-post-play-shove/

jackalope
10-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Would you consider this a clean play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtOrd1U5Z8

Hawk
10-26-2011, 05:32 PM

If he hadn't grabbed the facemask then yes. I see nothing wrong with wrapping your arms around the shoulder pads and throwing them down. The facemask was obviously dirty, and could have been avoided. But people think Suh is a dirty player because he's bigger and stronger than everyone else.

soybean
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
If he hadn't grabbed the facemask then yes. I see nothing wrong with wrapping your arms around the shoulder pads and throwing them down. The facemask was obviously dirty, and could have been avoided. But people think Suh is a dirty player because he's bigger and stronger than everyone else.

yes. that is the only reason people think he is a dirty player. -_-

Bengalsrocket
10-26-2011, 07:52 PM

Are you kidding me? He didn't just grab the face mask there, he grabbed Delhomme's entire helmet then jumped on top of him and then threw him to the ground. That's not a tackle, that's a wrestling move.

bearsfan_51
10-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Why do people use the term vagina to mean something weak and soft? Vaginas have ******* babies. Think of a better metaphor.

phlysac
10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Suh let Frank Gore run by him for TD and responded by grabbing Anthony Davis' helmet with both hands and ripped it off. This was clearly only a display of how much bigger and stronger he is than everyone else.

:rolls eyes:

BigBanger
10-27-2011, 12:31 AM

IT IS A PENALTY!!!!! THAT IS ALL!!!!!! ONE PLAY MAKES HIM DIRTY?!?!?!?!?!\

i am so drunk i ant see stragitht but that does not warrant a dirty m.o.
m

BigBanger
10-27-2011, 12:33 AM
James Harrison does have lapses in judgement where physicality turns in to dirty hits. I have seen many, many times where the man has head with his helmet. He may not intentionally injure people but leading with your helmet whether or not the intention is there if you lead with your helmet, people will get hurt.

What the **** did you just say?

Go cry in a gorner

BigBanger
10-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Since when is decapitating Jake Delhomme and Andy Dalton in PRESEASON games "football?"
H-Q7b-vHY3Q&feature=related

Also James Harrison is dirty. Tell me the hits on MoMass and Josh Cribbs last year weren't intentional helmet-to-helmet hits. If I remember correctly, Cribbs was a runner, so that could be considered OK, although, actually using tackling technique might be a good suggestion.

Internet tough guy routine at it's finest. These guys are bitches because they don't want to take hits outside the confines of the game, when in actuality, you would never do it yourself. The game is physical enough already, why do we need players targeting each other's heads too?
INterneyt **** at its finest. he lead with his head? I care? No. I don't. You don't want to get hit in the head, then don't play footnball. simple concpet.\

WEhn im right im right.

ive never bene concussed. nope. not ,me.

Thecollegedropout
10-27-2011, 12:50 AM
I've been kind of amazed that Dunta Robinson's name has never been brought up once among the teams as a target.... he seems kind of easy to target considering what he had done vs the Eagle WR group.

ImBrotherCain
10-27-2011, 07:02 AM
What the **** did you just say?

Go cry in a gorner

Well we can tell your a belligerent drunk.

Let me clarify for you. James Harrison is a dirty player. Plain and simple.

jackalope
10-27-2011, 01:09 PM
IT IS A PENALTY!!!!! THAT IS ALL!!!!!! ONE PLAY MAKES HIM DIRTY?!?!?!?!?!\

i am so drunk i ant see stragitht but that does not warrant a dirty m.o.
m

Suh grabs the facemask, twisting Delhomme's head, and then grabs the rest of Delhomme's helmet. Delhomme then releases the ball, and falls to his knees so that even if he still had the ball, he'd have been down. Suh then picks him up and throws him back down to the turf. I don't see how someone can watch that play and stand by the statement "Suh is the furthest thing from dirty."