PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 9.0

RaiderNation
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
A few new prospect added to the mock to look out for, I will put out my updated big board sometime this week as well. Questions and comments are welcomed. Used ESPN's NFL power rankings for the order(switched Miami and Indianapolis though)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

EDIT: I forgot David DeCastro in this mock, I probably would have placed him to the Bengals or Bears.

1 Miami Dolphins- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
Sparano will be fired soon and a whole new coaching staff will come in. Luck could bring Miami their first franchise QB since Dan Marino and will be surrounded by some decent talent on offense.

2 Indianapolis Colts- Matt Kalil OT USC*
I still think Peyton Manning will come back close to 100%, so adding talent around him should be the main priority. Kalil is a elite LT prospect and can protect Manning’s blindside for the rest of the year.

3 St. Louis Rams- Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
The Rams desperately need talent on this football team, and they first need to start drafting right in the 1st round. Claiborne would sure up one starting spot at CB, and is starting to look on par with his former teammate Patrick Peterson from last year.

4 Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
Kevin Kolb has looked very average so far and protecting your $65 Million investment. Martin is a legit top 10 pick and is better than any OT prospect from last year draft.

5 Minnesota Vikings- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
With Kalil and Martin gone, the Vikings could look to replace Sidney Rice who left in the off season. Blackmon can be a #1 WR in the NFL and displays a good blend of size, speed and hands.

6 Denver Broncos- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
It will be interesting to see how the QB situation plays out, but with no top defensive talents on the board the Broncos could opt for Richardson. Richardson isn’t the prospect Adrian Peterson or Darren McFadden was, but he is worth a top 10 pick in this draft.

7 Seattle Seahawks- Matt Barkley QB USC*
To no surprised the Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst experiments at QB haven’t worked out, so Carrol will need to find a solution at QB if he wants to keep his job. Barkley is a logical pick here with the connection with Carrol at USC and the need at QB.

8 Jacksonville Jaguars- Quinton Coples DE UNC
The Jaguars could go WR here, but I think adding an all-around like Coples could be the better option to go here. Coples can effectively play against the pass and run and could finally give the Jags a stud at DE.

9 Cleveland Browns- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
Colt McCoy hasn’t looked that good this year, but all the blame shouldn’t go on him. Michael Floyd has some serious off the field problems, but he has been a fantastic WR this year and is my #2 WR prospect now over Alshon Jeffery.

10 Carolina Panthers- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
Cam Newton looks like he will be a stud at QB, but he still could use a few more weapons. Steve Smith has came back to life this season but adding a WR with Jeffery’s size could give Cam the perfect red zone target to develop with.

11 Philadelphia Eagles- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
The main weakness in the Eagles struggling defense is at LB, where they have had little success with the young talent they playing. Burfict is a great athlete at LB and if he can be controlled could turn into a Pro Bowl caliber ILB.

12 Kansas City Chiefs- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
If the Chiefs keep winning I don’t see them getting rid of Cassel, so they will look to address other area’s. Barry Richardson could definitely be upgraded over at RT, and Reiff fit’s the smash mouth type offense the Chiefs want to run.

13 Washington Redskins- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
The Redskins have shown they have some talent on offense and defense, but they won’t go anywhere with Grossman or Beck at QB. Jones value is right around this pick and Shanahan could develop Jones into a starting QB.

14 Tennessee Titans- Dontari Poe DT Memphis*
After giving up over 200 yards rushing last week, it seems clear to me the Titans have some issues at DT. Adding a massive prospect like Poe at 6’5 350lbs, could help solve their problems against the run and give them a prospect with a ton of potential.

15 Dallas Cowboys- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
The secondary needs some help all around, and adding a potential shut down CB like Kirkpatrick could just be what the doctor ordered. Kirkpatrick has the size and speed of a #1 CB and has been a big reason why Alabama’s defense has been great this year.

16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Zach Brown LB UNC
Mason Foster looks to be a starting caliber ILB, but the Bucs need to add some OLB’s for this defense Tampa 2 defense to work. Brown is a very athletic LB who fits perfectly in their scheme.

17 Cincinnati Bengals- Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama
Losing Jonathan Joseph in F/A has hurt the secondary, and the Bengals haven’t been afraid of drafting prospects with questionable character. Jenkins is arguably a top 15 talent in this draft and will replace Nate Clements as one of the starting CB’s.

18 Cincinnati Bengals(/OAK)- Lamar Miller RB Miami**
Another area the Bengals could address is RB, where Cedric Benson could be upgraded over. Miller is a slight reach here, but he has homerun 4.3 speed and could turn into a stud to go along with Dalton, Green and Gresham.

19 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)- Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
After adding a stud like Michael Floyd, the Browns could look to the other side of the ball for help. Melvin Ingram is a rising prospect at DE that could give the Browns a nice pass rush duo with Jabaal Sheard.

20 New York Jets- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
Aaron Maybin has 3 sacks for far this year, but the Jets still need to add a dynamic pass rusher to make this defense go back to elite form. Jenkins looks like he will transition to OLB easily in the NFL and give this defense some more youth.

21 Houston Texans- Alameda Ta’ami NT Washington
The switch to the 3-4 defense has looked like the right decision so far, but one area all 3-4 defense need to have talent at is NT. Ta’amu is another massive prospect that is also has surprisingly athleticism and will be a force inside.

22 New York Giants- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
The Giants defense has held up well despite all the injuries, but one position that needs help is a LB. Kuechly is a local star at Boston College and could turn into a tackling machine for this team.

23 Chicago Bears- Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*
With the value on oline prospects limited here, the Bears will have to get help on other needs. Hosley is a playmaker at CB and will give the Bears much needed youth and depth in the secondary and could even play FS in some formations.

24 San Diego Chargers- TJ McDonald DB USC*
The defense isn’t as good as the past few years, and adding some talent in the secondary could be the right idea here. McDonald could pair with Eric Weddle and give the Chargers 2 potential Pro Bowlers at the Safety positions.

25 Detroit Lions- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
The Lions defense as a whole hasn’t played as well as they did early in the season, and some blame could go to the secondary. They don’t have a #1 CB and drafting Dennard here is pretty good value.

26 Buffalo Bills- Manti Te’o LB Notre Dame*
Nick Barnett has resurrected his career with the Bills, but adding another talented ILB could improve this defense even more. Te’o has been a tackling machine in his 3 years at Notre Dame and would give the Bills more young talent to work with on defense.

27 Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
The Ravens seem to always draft Seniors(with the exception of last year), and adding a prospect that has experience in a 3-4 defense could be a very nice fit here. Upshaw could play opposite of Suggs and give Baltimore even more talent on defense.

28 Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Adams OT Ohio State
Big Ben deserves to finally get some adequate pass protection, and adding a starting caliber OT could be a option here. Adams can play LT and RT in the NFL, and could help keep Ben on his feet and off the injury list.

29 San Francisco 49ers- Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
The defensive unit looks like a top 5 defense in the NFL, but the CB position still could use some youth and depth. Minnifield has NFL bloodlines and could play right away in the NFL.

30 New England Patriots(f/NO)- Jared Crick DL Nebraska
The Patriots lack pass rusher on the dline, and there is no doubt in my mind Crick would be the logical pick here. Crick is a super productive prospect that will have to overcome his recent injury that will put him out the rest of the season.

31 New England Patriots- Peter Konz C Wisconsin*
On offense the Patriots have continued to add youth to the oline, and it might be time to draft a Center. Konz probably won’t come out since rarely do Center’s declare early, but if he did he would be the 1st Center taken on draft day.

32 Green Bay Packers- Jerel Worthy DL Michigan State*
Once again the Packers look like the most talented team in football, but after tallying up only 2 sacks against the Vikings poor oline they could look to add a pass rusher. Cullen Jenkins was a big loss in F/A and Worthy could replace him at DE.

Hines
10-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I like Mike Adams.

redbills
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Bills dont need a ILB they need pass rush. so Courtney Upshaw is my pick.

Pat Sims 90
10-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Jenkins is fine

Give the Bengals DeCastro or Thompson with 2nd first. Better vaule there for the Bengals plus Miller does not fit the Bengals style of running.

Unbiased
10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I'd rather have Ingram than Coples, but I like the idea. We should probably just move on from Kampman.

OSUGiants17
10-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Ideal pick for the giants at this point

coordinator0
10-25-2011, 10:31 PM
I like the Upshaw pick, but I'm not sure there's a ton of playing time available for him if we bring Johnson back (which seems likely).

ChicagoBearsVet23
10-25-2011, 10:45 PM
I think the Bears would go DeCastro or Te'o.

T-RICH49
10-25-2011, 10:57 PM
ughhh we need a QB!!!!!I'd go Jones over Reiff

Matthew Jones
10-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I can definitely dig that draft for New England. I just wonder if Crick is a little bit too small for the Patriots' 3-4 in terms of bulk. Traditionally the team's five-techniques are over 300 pounds.

SickwithIt1010
10-26-2011, 12:26 AM
love the iggles pick

jayceheathman
10-26-2011, 01:59 AM
I love it when the additions to this mock are because of Scott's mock.

prock
10-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Blackmon will do.

FootballGod
10-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Jenkins is fine

Give the Bengals DeCastro or Thompson with 2nd first. Better vaule there for the Bengals plus Miller does not fit the Bengals style of running.

Completely agree!

Poz51
10-26-2011, 10:00 AM
26 Buffalo Bills- Manti Teo LB Notre Dame*
Nick Barnett has resurrected his career with the Bills, but adding another talented ILB could improve this defense even more. Teo has been a tackling machine in his 3 years at Notre Dame and would give the Bills more young talent to work with on defense.

27 Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
The Ravens seem to always draft Seniors(with the exception of last year), and adding a prospect that has experience in a 3-4 defense could be a very nice fit here. Upshaw could play opposite of Suggs and give Baltimore even more talent on defense.

The Bills drafted Sheppard in the 3rd round last year, and he has been getting more and more PT as the season has progressed. With Merriman gone for the year and looking like he will be gone from Buffalo, Upshaw makes alot more sense. Plus he's a south, south/east guy, which is the direction they have been drafting the last couple years. I could not see them passing on Upshaw in this situation, unless it was for another OLB/pass rusher.

Hurricanes25
10-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Brandon Jenkins is a good pick for the Jets.

RaiderNation
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I can definitely dig that draft for New England. I just wonder if Crick is a little bit too small for the Patriots' 3-4 in terms of bulk. Traditionally the team's five-techniques are over 300 pounds.
This is true, so maybe Thompson or Worthy could make more sense next time.

If you guys keep winning I just can't see you giving up on Cassel. I think you guys can finish around 7-9 or 8-8 and that will be enough for Cassel to get 1 more year to turn it around.

Bills dont need a ILB they need pass rush. so Courtney Upshaw is my pick.

I didnt realize Merriman was out for the year, and with the need already there at OLB it is pretty obvious to me you are right. Upshaw will definitely get consideration next week.

Robcards
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM

What is with you Chiefs fans!! Seriously, 2 of his biggest weapons are injured and the man is 3-3 and if they beat the Chargers next week they will be first in the AFC West!!! Why all the Cassel hate seriously he isn't that bad and the Chiefs won't draft a QB round 1! I don't understand why you're defeating the purpose of this forum by criticizing mocks that don't have the Chiefs drafting a QB and saying GOOD CHIEFS PICK when they have the Chiefs getting Barkley which isn't f'n happening no matter how badly you want it too.

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I think the Titans run defense problems stem more from the UT and MLB/OLB positions. Jurrell Casey has actually looked very promising for us as a NT rookie and could be the future full-time starter.

KCStud
10-26-2011, 05:34 PM

Oh my God no Landry Jones please God NO!

crites09
10-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Jenkins is fine

Yet... Gruden is dying to see a run longer than 10 yards.. which has happened all of once this year in garbage time. I think Lamar Miller would be a nice change around here. DeCastro would be nice but Jenkins is too hard to pass up.

RaiderNation
10-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Yet... Gruden is dying to see a run longer than 10 yards.. which has happened all of once this year in garbage time. I think Lamar Miller would be a nice change around here. DeCastro would be nice but Jenkins is too hard to pass up.

I agree the Bengals are lacking a homerun threat and youth at RB. With this growing young offense, adding a young talented RB could give Dalton another good weapon to use and it could open up passing lanes for him to throw at guys like Gresham and Shipley(when he comes back next year). I like the young talent the Bengals have, and they could be the Tampa Bay of the AFC.

49erNation85
10-27-2011, 01:41 AM
good 9ers pick could go either dt ,de or even a wr here. Main target is cb tho