PDA

View Full Version : Tpkorhodes October 25th Mock

tpkorhodes
10-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Draft order based off of ESPN.com power rankings. Comments are appreciated.

1) Indianapolis- Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2) Miami- Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3) St Louis- Matt Kalil OT USC
4) Arizona- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St.
5) Minnesota- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
6) Denver-Trent Richardson RB Alabama
7) Seattle- Matt Barkley QB USC
8) Jacksonville- Quinton Coples DE UNC
9) Cleveland- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
10) Carolina- Morris Claiborne CB LSU
11) Philadelphia- Riley Reiff OT Iowa
12) Kansas City- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
13) Washington- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
14) Tennessee- Brandon Thompson DT Clemons
15) Dallas- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
16) Tampa Bay- Alphonzo Dennard- CB Nebraska
17) Cincinnati- Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
18) Cincinnati (From Oakland) Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
19) Cleveland (From Atlanta)- David DeCastro OG Stanford
20) New York Jets- Cordy Glenn- OG Georgia
21) Houston- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
22) New York Giants- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
23) Chicago- Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
24) San Diego- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
25) Detroit- Peter Konz OC Wisconsin
26) Buffalo- Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
27) Baltimore- Michael Brewster OC Ohio State
28) Pittsburgh- Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
29) San Francisco- Josh Chapman NT Alabama
30) New England (From New Orleans)- Jared Crick DE Wisconsin
31) New England- Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
32) Green Bay- Courtney Upshaw OLB Oklahoma

T-RICH49
10-25-2011, 10:58 PM
good KC pick

ChicagoBearsVet23
10-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Good Bears pick

phlysac
10-25-2011, 11:17 PM
29) San Francisco- Josh Chapman NT Alabama

Isaac Sopoaga is in his first season as starting NT.

Ricky Jean Francois started at NT while Sopoaga was out against Tampa, and there was very little drop off.

They just signed Ian Williams as a Priority UDFA and love his upside.

If they target NT at all, I highly doubt it would be early in the draft.

Most signs are pointing WR or DB as biggest needs.

Matthew Jones
10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Courtney Upshaw would be a much better pick than Bruce Irvin for New England. I know Upshaw doesn't have the prototypical height that Belichick likes, but he has bulk and 3-4 experience under Nick Saban. Bruce Irvin is probably too undersized. With a draft of Crick and Upshaw, the team would be better equipped to move back to more 3-4 fronts.

Pat Sims 90
10-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Jenkins is a good pick.

Kuechly makes no sense. Bengals are set a MLB with Rey Maualuga and i don't see Kuechly playing any other LB postions. DeCastro, Glenn, Worthy, or Barron make more sense to the Bengals.

prock
10-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Great Vikes pick

FootballGod
10-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Jenkins is a good pick.

Kuechly makes no sense. Bengals are set a MLB with Rey Maualuga and i don't see Kuechly playing any other LB postions. DeCastro, Glenn, Worthy, or Barron make more sense to the Bengals.

DeCastro is the pick there. Jenkins would be wonderful with the first pick. I don't know how they pass us DeCastro if he is there with the second pick unless they fill that need in FA.

Hurricanes25
10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
While Guard is a need for the Jets, Cordy Glenn has had a bad season. Even though he's playing LT right now, he doesn't look like a first round pick.

ArkyRamsFan
10-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Kalil to the Rams....Yeah, gotta do it.

Robcards
10-26-2011, 12:17 PM
While Guard is a need for the Jets, Cordy Glenn has had a bead season. Even though he's playing LT right now, he doesn't look like a first round pick.

Define bad season please. Every Georgia game I've watched this year except week 1 against Boise where Crowell was making a mistake on every other play he's had HUGE holes that Georgia o-line is beastly, and if anything the fact that he moved to tackle no problem increases his value in my opinion because of his versatility. Ground and pound woo good Jets pick. We should trade for D'Angelo Williams if LT retires in the offseason too since the Panthers look like they don't want him or his contract anymore

Hurricanes25
10-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Define bad season please. Every Georgia game I've watched this year except week 1 against Boise where Crowell was making a mistake on every other play he's had HUGE holes that Georgia o-line is beastly, and if anything the fact that he moved to tackle no problem increases his value in my opinion because of his versatility. Ground and pound woo good Jets pick. We should trade for D'Angelo Williams if LT retires in the offseason too since the Panthers look like they don't want him or his contract anymore

The Boise game definitely sticks out. Then there were a few other times that I caught him and to be honest, I'm just not that impressed. But then again, he is playing out of position this year and he should definitely be a guard at the next level. Meh, I guess I'm ok with the pick as long as we're drafting him to replace Slauson.

Robcards
10-26-2011, 12:43 PM
The Boise game definitely sticks out. Then there were a few other times that I caught him and to be honest, I'm just not that impressed. But then again, he is playing out of position this year and he should definitely be a guard at the next level. Meh, I guess I'm ok with the pick as long as we're drafting him to replace Slauson.

Well he clearly wouldn't play LT for us =) Slausons gotta go, but a lot of what the Jets pick depends on who's available in free agency. LG could be a spot easily filled by a free agent, that's why in my mocks I had the Jets getting Ta'amu as there aren't as many NTs out there for the Jets to get from free agency. And as I said in other posts I like the depth at 4-3DE/3-4OLB for the Jets to fill that need 2nd round.

DiG
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
some skins fans like floyd. im not one of them. id rather have decastro or kirkpatrick

gsorace
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
The Jets could use OL depth but definitely not in the first round. We need pass rushers.

Robcards
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
The Jets could use OL depth but definitely not in the first round. We need pass rushers.

Curry or Taylor round 2 to address that. And it's not OL depth man, Ducasse, Slauson, and Hunter are garbage, we need a starting LG and RT badly. How are we supposed to ground and pound with 60% of an offensive line?