PDA

View Full Version : Recent Hot List

Big Bird
10-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I have two huge problems with this.

One, Patrick Witt, really? The guy is coming off two consecutive losses where he is completing less than 50% of his passes and has 4 TD's to 2 INT's. I watched him earlier in the season against a far inferior Cornell team, and he completely failed to impress. I watched a game where he completed 72.7% of his passes and didn't think he was worth a draft pick. What could anybody have possibly seen in the past two weeks to think otherwise? He is a below average athlete with an arm as strong as the common man. I would love to hear an explanation on this.

And on ripping Charles Brown, why? I actually thought he looked pretty solid this game. He allowed a TD, to Martavis Bryant, as mentioned in the article. But as the article manages to state, Brown was caught a little flat-footed and looking into the backfield a bit. Maybe he thought he had Safety help, but it really isn't a knock on his coverage ability.

And then, you say Watkins was getting multiple catches. Watkins TD came on a 42-Yard play in which Charles Brown was on the opposite side of the field. So even if hypothetical every one of Watkins other 7 Catches came against Brown (which I'm positive they didn't), that means he would have allowed 49 Yards to Watkins. You're going to try and tell me that allowing one of the best playmakers in the country get 49 Yards is something to get down on a player about? That's 7 Yards Per Catch to a guy that's averaging double that. I really don't understand how somebody could have watched this game and not seen this as a positive for Brown.

Ozzy
10-26-2011, 07:25 AM
I totally agree Big Bird, Charles Brown is a very solid corner prospect, physical tough, tackles wonderfully in the open field and brings a lot of toughness to the corner position. Sure as a hole the UNC defense, which is crazy talented did not stop Clemson but few have this season. Charles Brown will drop in the draft, might drop to the 3rd or 4th round, but still is a great pickup late I feel.

Shane P. Hallam
10-26-2011, 09:53 AM
I have two huge problems with this.

One, Patrick Witt, really? The guy is coming off two consecutive losses where he is completing less than 50% of his passes and has 4 TD's to 2 INT's. I watched him earlier in the season against a far inferior Cornell team, and he completely failed to impress. I watched a game where he completed 72.7% of his passes and didn't think he was worth a draft pick. What could anybody have possibly seen in the past two weeks to think otherwise? He is a below average athlete with an arm as strong as the common man. I would love to hear an explanation on this.

And on ripping Charles Brown, why? I actually thought he looked pretty solid this game. He allowed a TD, to Martavis Bryant, as mentioned in the article. But as the article manages to state, Brown was caught a little flat-footed and looking into the backfield a bit. Maybe he thought he had Safety help, but it really isn't a knock on his coverage ability.

And then, you say Watkins was getting multiple catches. Watkins TD came on a 42-Yard play in which Charles Brown was on the opposite side of the field. So even if hypothetical every one of Watkins other 7 Catches came against Brown (which I'm positive they didn't), that means he would have allowed 49 Yards to Watkins. You're going to try and tell me that allowing one of the best playmakers in the country get 49 Yards is something to get down on a player about? That's 7 Yards Per Catch to a guy that's averaging double that. I really don't understand how somebody could have watched this game and not seen this as a positive for Brown.

For Witt, I only saw the Yale/Penn game. He impressed me. Wasn't perfect and on the fringe of being draftable, but his ball placement was pretty impeccable. In the first half, Penn had a lot of problems. Add on that his pocket presence was impressive, I wanted to highlight him.

As for Brown, I'm a fan of his, as is Scott, but it wasn't the best game. He was on Watkins for a lot of the game and never got position. Brown did well after the catch, but left a lot to be desired in his coverage. It wasn't the best played game by Watkins either who had some sloppy routes and some times when he could have been MORE open against Brown. He let up the big TD, and was picked on throughout the game by Boyd. For a potential 2nd round pick, I wasn't impressed. Still a Top 100 prospect and a good prospect, but this is the game to step up and make plays and he didn't.

rawdawg
10-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I like Brown also, but I don't think he's top 100 prospect. Looks like a 5th rounder to me, but I will admit he could fly up boards with a good combine. But right now, he's a borderline top 10 senior at CB to me.