PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Sorry Hines, got tired of waiting and had things to discuss.

Early games:
Arizona at Baltimore
Minnesota at Carolina
Jacksonville at Houston
Miami at NY Giants
New Orleans at St. Louis
Indy at Tennessee

Afternoon games:
Washington at Buffalo
Detroit at Denver
New England at Pittsburgh
Cincy at Seattle
Cleveland at San Fran

Sunday Night:
Dallas at Philly

Monday Night:
San Diego at Kansas City

Another horrific slate of early games...ugh. Hopefully nothing will be as bad as that Seattle/Cleveland game.

Additionally, Tom Brady will take his 6-1 career record into Pittsburgh. In those games, he has 14 TDs to just 1 pick. New England is going to put up 45 of Pittsburgh whose only chance will be to win in a shootout.

Splat
10-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Arizona at BaltimoreA pist off B-More team vs Arizona... This could get nasty.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
A pist off B-More team vs Arizona... This could get nasty.

Agreed. Baltimore is at home where they've been unstoppable too.

T-RICH49
10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
man Ican't believe after the first 3 weeks we are now playing for 1sr...what a turnaround

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I also think that Indy has a great shot of getting their first win this week. Tennessee has been miserable of late.

Either that, or Chris Johnson may finally break out.

Giantsfan1080
10-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Chris Johnson will probably break out then.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
New Orleans might set some sort of record for points scored over a two week period. 62 vs. the Colts....another 62 vs. the Rams?

prock
10-26-2011, 09:49 AM
AD and Newton in the same game, I'm pissed I can't watch.

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
New Orleans might set some sort of record for points scored over a two week period. 62 vs. the Colts....another 62 vs. the Rams?

I hope so... I need Thomas to get me some points to win my fantasy game this week.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope so... I need Thomas to get me some points to win my fantasy game this week.

You're in luck if Ingram misses the game because Thomas will be their primary between the tackles runner. And they may just feed him during the 2nd half if things get out of hand again.

Razor
10-26-2011, 10:38 AM
AD and Newton in the same game, I'm pissed I can't watch.

Get a GamePass subscription, Most hardcore NFL fans in Denmark has one, you can probably borrow a login from somebody who doesn't need theirs on sunday.

BloodBrother
10-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Looking forward to that MIN/CAR game tbh. See some more of Ponder and Cam

nepg
10-26-2011, 10:52 AM
HEY! Another Primetime NFC East game! That's way better for a national audience than New England-Pittsburgh... >_> At least I'm getting that one according to the506...

We're getting Miami-NYG. Awful! I have negative interest in that game. Then again, the alternatives are Jacksonville-Houston and Indianapolis-Tennessee... Disgusting slate of games for CBS.

For late games, I get to watch Tebow v. Suh! And, of course, the Patriots.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 10:57 AM
HEY! Another Primetime NFC East game! That's way better for a national audience than New England-Pittsburgh... >_>

1000x better than either of the primetime games last week at least.

I've said before and I'll say it again, flex scheduling needs to start sooner on Sundays and needs to be made possible somehow for Monday night games.

nepg
10-26-2011, 11:01 AM
1000x better than either of the primetime games last week at least.

I've said before and I'll say it again, flex scheduling needs to start sooner on Sundays and needs to be made possible somehow for Monday night games.
I think it should start when BYE weeks start for Sunday games. Monday games... That's not fair to the fans, to be honest. People mark those Monday Night games on their calendars as soon as the schedule comes out. Those are a big deal. You can't move MNF games.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 11:04 AM
I think it should start when BYE weeks start for Sunday games. Monday games... That's not fair to the fans, to be honest. People mark those Monday Night games on their calendars as soon as the schedule comes out. Those are a big deal. You can't move MNF games.

Teams with losing records should not be on there. I'm sorry. If your team is ******, you lose your Monday night game.

My theory is to schedule two games, then, two weeks ahead of time (just like the do for Sunday night during Flex time) decide which one gets shown. Then the other drops to a regular time on Sunday.

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
You're in luck if Ingram misses the game because Thomas will be their primary between the tackles runner. And they may just feed him during the 2nd half if things get out of hand again.

Yea I am feeling those bye week blues... especially since Beanie went down last week. I am forced to play Dalton and Thomas to hopefully get me through this week.

Teams with losing records should not be on there. I'm sorry. If your team is ******, you lose your Monday night game.

My theory is to schedule two games, then, two weeks ahead of time (just like the do for Sunday night during Flex time) decide which one gets shown. Then the other drops to a regular time on Sunday.

I agree... I miss having SNF and MNF be the can't miss games of the week. Though I will say the Sunday night game looks to be good but Monday looks as it could be pretty lack luster.

jrdrylie
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
How does Flex Scheduling work? Does NBC get to choose any game that isn't the Thursday night NFL Network game and the Monday Night game? Or do Fox and CBS get to veto?

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 11:26 AM
How does Flex Scheduling work? Does NBC get to choose any game that isn't the Thursday night NFL Network game and the Monday Night game? Or do Fox and CBS get to veto?

As I understand it, the Thursday night game and Monday night game are obviously off limits. Fox and CBS can each "protect" so many games per year...I think it's like 3.

For example, if there was flex scheduling this week, you can be damn sure CBS would protect New England and Pittsburgh.

NBC decides which game will be shown, or if it will stick with the scheduled Sunday night game (they usually do unless it looks really awful or there's an amazing game that isn't being protected by one of the other networks) two weeks before.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Also, week 17 is decided that week so the game will be one with the biggest playoff implications.

jth1331
10-26-2011, 11:32 AM

That can't work. Like stated earlier, fans plan for those monday night games. Heck, fans plan for every game, you can't move game dates unless its for an absolute emergency like we've seen in the past.
I do think that no team picking in the top 5/top 10 should be playing on a primetime game unless its a rivalry game or there is a primetime player involved from that losing team.
I have no idea how the Jaguars got onto Monday Night this year.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 11:38 AM
It doesn't matter. The fans will still make it there. Reward good teams with Monday night games. Don't hand them out to ****** teams just because "oh, they should have a Monday night game."

49erNation85
10-26-2011, 12:03 PM
If you need to watch your favorite game,I found this site to be very help full its free and easy to use

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/american-football.html

tjsunstein
10-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Bye weeks only mean one thing. I'm going to be a RedZone channel regular.

Splat
10-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Monday looks as it could be pretty lack luster.

Ya, who wants to watch two teams playing for first place in their Div?

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Its arguably the 3rd best game of the week... Its better than it has been but its far from a can't miss game.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
It may be between two teams vying for the division, but Kansas City's win streak features victories over the Vikings, Colts and Boller/Palmer Raiders....not exactly a murderer's row of opponents there...

If San Diego plays like San Diego can, they should wipe the floor with the Chiefs. But San Diego rarely plays like San Diego is capable of...

CC.SD
10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Its arguably the 3rd best game of the week... Its better than it has been but its far from a can't miss game.

You're far from a can't miss game.

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
You're far from a can't miss game.

Damn... I guess I have been put in my place.

Hines
10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm picking New England to win, but it's going to be a lot closer than what people think.

CC.SD
10-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Damn... I guess I have been put in my place.

That's why we american football accidentally the whole bottle

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 12:50 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/26/arian-foster-josh-scobee-win-the-other-afc-awards-for-week-seven/

Tim Tebow was actually nominated for AFC Offensive player of the week last week. I would have gone into an absolute rant/rage mode if he had won. The dude played like ****....no, WORSE THAN ****, for literally 95% of the game. He had been sacked more times than he had completions before his last 3 minute comeback against one of, if the thee, worst teams in the league.

**** Tim Tebow. Once upon a time, I would have liked to see him succeed, but not anymore. I want him FAIL. BADLY. So we never have to have him brought up again for **** like this. Even being nominated for the award under those circumstances is completely idiotic. Whoever nominated him should immediately lose all credibility as a journalist.

A Perfect Score
10-26-2011, 12:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/26/arian-foster-josh-scobee-win-the-other-afc-awards-for-week-seven/

Tim Tebow was actually nominated for AFC Offensive player of the week last week. I would have gone into an absolute rant/rage mode if he had won. The dude played like ****....no, WORSE THAN ****, for literally 95% of the game. He had been sacked more times than he had completions before his last 3 minute comeback against one of, if the thee, worst teams in the league.

**** Tim Tebow. Once upon a time, I would have liked to see him succeed, but not anymore. I want him FAIL. BADLY. So we never have to have him brought up again for **** like this. Even being nominated for the award under those circumstances is completely idiotic. Whoever nominated him should immediately lose all credibility as a journalist.

Wait, journalists covering the NFL still have credibility? As stupid as I think the majority of posters here are, I'm pretty sure most of them could write better articles then the dickbags at NFL.com or ESPN. Those guys are ******* morons.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Wait, journalists covering the NFL still have credibility? As stupid as I think the majority of posters here are, I'm pretty sure most of them could write better articles then the dickbags at NFL.com or ESPN. Those guys are ******* morons.

That's originally what I went to school to do. But a combination of one professor lecturing the class on how it's a dying industry and the fact that I'd have to cover BS sports I have absolutely no interest in, therefore no passion for, before getting to cover NFL games turned me off.

When I read football articles online, I stick to just a few writers I do like because reading stuff from the ones I don't pisses me off to no end. I sit there muttering "that's wrong....that's false...that's just stupid...." throughout the whole thing.

Same goes for the analysts on most shows. Trent Dilfer was an awful QB and seems like a real asshole. I have no desire to hear him speak and try to ignore him the best I can whenever he's on.

There are a handful of posters here I'd much rather read or listen to.

jrdrylie
10-26-2011, 01:04 PM

I can't wait to see how you react when he makes the Pro Bowl this year. I'm not saying he deserves it. But I predicted he would make it in the Bold prediction thread and I am even more certain about it now. Go Tebow! Beat the Lions!

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I can't wait to see how you react when he makes the Pro Bowl this year. I'm not saying he deserves it. But I predicted he would make it in the Bold prediction thread and I am even more certain about it now. Go Tebow! Beat the Lions!

****...just ****. I would completely lose my mind. I truly, truly hope that since fan voting is only a small part of it, the other voters (coaches and players iirc) would be smart enough not to vote for him.

This week's game is a lose-lose to me. I want the Lions to lose, because the Bears are direct competition for playoff spots. But if the Broncos win, Tebow (one media darling apparently) will get 10000% credit for the win even if he plays brutally bad in beating the Lions (another media darling.)

I might just hope for a tie. Ties cause befuddlement in the media. They won't know how to respond.

Breed
10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
I love playing on prime time.

Razor
10-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm picking New England to win, but it's going to be a lot closer than what people think.

How do you figure that? I think you were a better team last you and we smoked you. This year is going to be much like that I think. Brady did have what I think was his best season as a pro last year, which obviously contributed to the abuse that the Steelers took last year. But I just don't see how the Steeler defense is going to match up with Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Branch. Add to that the fact that the Patriots are pretty damn good at running the ball this year and I think it's over. However, the Patriot defense sucks donkey**** and Big Ben is going to have his way with us. But in a shootout where I have Tom Brady on one side, and Big Ben on the other side, I'm taking Brady 100 times out of a 100 possible. Call me a homer, but I feel like we got this. Especially after a bye week.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
How do you figure that? I think you were a better team last you and we smoked you. This year is going to be much like that I think. Brady did have what I think was his best season as a pro last year, which obviously contributed to the abuse that the Steelers took last year. But I just don't see how the Steeler defense is going to match up with Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Branch. Add to that the fact that the Patriots are pretty damn good at running the ball this year and I think it's over. However, the Patriot defense sucks donkey**** and Big Ben is going to have his way with us. But in a shootout where I have Tom Brady on one side, and Big Ben on the other side, I'm taking Brady 100 times out of a 100 possible. Call me a homer, but I feel like we got this. Especially after a bye week.

I think he's referring to the fact that the Steelers offense is capable of putting up points and the Pats defense...well, can't really do much to stop anyone right now.

I'm predicting a 45-31 Pats win personally. The Steelers just get absolutely raked over by offenses who spread it out plus Brady has always had the Steelers number.

jrdrylie
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I love playing on prime time.

I love watching Philadelphia teams lose on Prime Time too.

Razor
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that the Steelers offense is capable of putting up points and the Pats defense...well, can't really do much to stop anyone right now.

I'm predicting a 45-31 Pats win personally. The Steelers just get absolutely raked over by offenses who spread it out plus Brady has always had the Steelers number.

Yup, I'm on board with 45-31 or something like that. The Steelers DBs besides Polamalu just doesn't have the ability to match up against our receivers/TEs. We don't either, so there are going to be a lot of highlights in this one.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Yup, I'm on board with 45-31 or something like that. The Steelers DBs besides Polamalu just doesn't have the ability to match up against our receivers/TEs. We don't either, so there are going to be a lot of highlights in this one.

Polamalu doesn't either. He's overrated..he just is. It may seem like blasphemy because he has some staunchly loyal defenders, but all he's ever been is icing on the cake that was their front 7.

When they're doing their whole "Blitzburgh" thing and he's just allowed to roam to where he feels he can make plays, he makes them.

But when the front 7 isn't working and the Steelers are spread out, he can look downright silly trying to cover deep zones or matching up man to man. I remember a few instances last year against the Patriots where he would be covering dirt or jumping and flailing like a frog...it was hilarious.

Those old "Who would you rather have, Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu?" question made me laugh. Polamalu was great at the thing he was asked to do in the Steelers defense, no doubt, but Ed Reed would be great anywhere, doing anything asked of him as a safety.

Razor
10-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree that Polamalu is overrated and that Ed Reed >>>>>Troy Polamalu, but Polamalu is still a pretty good safety who can help against someone like Hernandez.

Breed
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
I love watching Philadelphia teams lose on Prime Time too.

McCoy will have the game winning TD, with 47secs left. We will prevail, and come out Vicktorious.

Dallas357
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
jax @ houston is game of the week

Breed
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
jax @ houston is game of the week

It will be this weeks version of Seahawks vs Browns...

Raiderz4Life
10-26-2011, 02:06 PM
I lost my first game last week...everything went wrong =/...Darren McFadden left the game...Jano was out not like we had any kicking opportunities anyways...Washington got me 0 on defense....it was all down to Ray Rice and the bastard only gets me 3pts...13 short =(

jrdrylie
10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I lost my first game last week...everything went wrong =/...Darren McFadden left the game...Jano was out not like we had any kicking opportunities anyways...Washington got me 0 on defense....it was all down to Ray Rice and the bastard only gets me 3pts...13 short =(

Me too. I had Brady, Welker, on a bye. All I needed was the Baltimore defense and Ray Rice to get half the amount of points they were projected. Unfortunately, they did not.

Raiderz4Life
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Me too. I had Brady, Welker, on a bye. All I needed was the Baltimore defense and Ray Rice to get half the amount of points they were projected. Unfortunately, they did not.

I had Brady Welker and Fred Jackson on byes lol

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I had Brady Welker and Fred Jackson on byes lol

I had Freddy and Welker on byes too...

This week is going to be tough because I have Forte, Rodgers and Finley on byes and Beanie probably wont play so I had to pick up Dalton and Pierre Thomas. I am weary about the lineup I am putting out this week.

Dear god let me win.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I had Freddy and Welker on byes too...

This week is going to be tough because I have Forte, Rodgers and Finley on byes and Beanie probably wont play so I had to pick up Dalton and Pierre Thomas. I am weary about the lineup I am putting out this week.

Dear god let me win.

You must have a tiny league. I got too used to the gargantuan 20 teamers that are popular around here....almost all of your reserves end up being actual backups, especially at positions like QB. there aren't 40 starting QBs so everyone can have a starter and a backup, which led to a lot of weird things.

I had to start John Kuhn for a while last year because my top 3 RBs were MJD, Brandon Jacobs and Pierre Thomas who were all sucking or hurt for much of last year.

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Actually its a 12 team league were you start:
QB: 1
HB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 1
K: 1
DST: 1
with 6 bench players. So its not a tiny league but its not massive.

ShutDwn
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Monday night football continues to fail. The only game I was interested in was the Lions-Bears game to see the crowd in Detroit. It doesn't look like the matchups get much better.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule/_/seasontype/0

At least the Colts won't grace us with their talent again...

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Actually its a 12 team league were you start:

QB: 1
HB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 1
K: 1
DST: 1

with 6 bench players. So its not a tiny league but its not massive.

That is actually on the small side. You aren't starting many players for instance...most leagues I've been in recently have a "HB/WR" and "WR/TE" position.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Monday night football continues to fail. The only game I was interested in was the Lions-Bears game to see the crowd in Detroit. It doesn't look like the matchups get much better.

Week 13: How the **** did Jacksonville get another home playoff game? That's just stupid.

ImBrotherCain
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
That is actually on the small side. You aren't starting many players for instance...most leagues I've been in recently have a "HB/WR" and "WR/TE" position.

Starting lineups are small yea but the league its self is decent sized... Far better than 8 team leagues.

ShutDwn
10-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Week 13: How the **** did Jacksonville get another home playoff game? That's just stupid.

The week after that is even worse. I'm really surprised that there isn't a game in Dallas on monday night.

Raiderz4Life
10-26-2011, 03:19 PM

I'm in an 8 man league. goes QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE D/ST K

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 03:26 PM
The week after that is even worse. I'm really surprised that there isn't a game in Dallas on monday night.

Seattle/St.Louis looks like it could be one of the worst MNF matchups...ever.

I can't believe ESPN forks over billions with a "b" of dollars without some sort of ability to fix this ****.

I'd be all for the ability to flex on Monday nights. Like I keep saying, schedule 2 games and drop the lesser one.

Or, since some of you are worried about the fans who mark those games on their calendars...ooh la la...just don't schedule any beyond the first 4 weeks. Then, choose one ahead of time to be shifted to Monday night.

ESPN should be absolutely livid with the quality of MNF games they're getting.

V.I.P
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Aqib Talib is in the news again (http://deadspin.com/5853397/), smh

Breed
10-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Whats so bad about him being there?

V.I.P
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Whats so bad about him being there?

This looks like the LAST place Aqib needs to be.

1. He has a crazy temper and makes horrible decisions
2. He has a crazy temper and makes horrible decisions
3. He has a crazy temper and makes horrible decisions

Breed, comon you're kidding right?

We both know Talib is imfamous for getting penalties (due to retaliation - ie: last week) on the field. And ummmmm, off the field as well (ie: assaults, alleged gun play, etc).

Breed
10-26-2011, 04:16 PM

A better question is why is the event called, "Coon-oweem" ?? That doesn't even ryhme with Hall-o-ween...

tjsunstein
10-26-2011, 04:48 PM
I actually like the Cowboys to dominate if Garrett decides to call a good game.

jth1331
10-26-2011, 04:58 PM
How the eff did freakin Jacksonville get 2 home Monday night games?
Going 7-9 in 2009 and 8-8 in 2010?
Heck, even giving some of these mediocre teams multiple games. Miami has 2, St. Louis 2, Jaguars 2. I mean holy ****. Give any team below a .500 win % 1 game max.

SuperMcGee
10-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Toronto game. Bleh.

We'll be missing our top two left tackles. I don't mind Rinehart filling in at guard all that much, but I don't like Levitre having to shift over to tackle. Even with Kelsay back, we're pretty weak on the edges on defense, as well. Hopefully our undersized OLB can at least generate some pressure, they did nothing against New York. Kellen Heard at nose tackle worries me most of all. Really hoping we get through this one, but every game is going to worry me as long as Kyle Williams and Demetrius Bell are out.

Breed
10-26-2011, 05:59 PM

That like saying "i expect the Cowboys to win if they score more points", stop being a dummy TJ

SickwithIt1010
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM

They SHOULD dominate every week if Garrett "decides to call a good game" they got a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, there is no reason that they should be as bad as they have been the last couple years.

Rabscuttle
10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
A better question is why is the event called, "Coon-oweem" ?? That doesn't even ryhme with Hall-o-ween...

"Stay the **** out Whitey" comes across as racist and mean spirited.

mqtirishfan
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
It will be this weeks version of Seahawks vs Browns...

That doesn't make an ounce of sense.

vidae
10-26-2011, 07:07 PM
It may be between two teams vying for the division, but Kansas City's win streak features victories over the Vikings, Colts and Boller/Palmer Raiders....not exactly a murderer's row of opponents there...

If San Diego plays like San Diego can, they should wipe the floor with the Chiefs. But San Diego rarely plays like San Diego is capable of...

San Diego beat the Vikings, Dolphins, Broncos and KC once. They're not a powerhouse this year either.

If you're going to use that argument for KC, use it for the Chargers too. At least we beat a team with a winning record (Oakland)! Booyah!

I can't wait for Monday. Arrowhead is going to be nuts.

CC.SD
10-26-2011, 07:07 PM
"Stay the **** out Whitey" comes across as racist and mean spirited.

Yep. Yep it does.

BeerBaron
10-26-2011, 07:24 PM
San Diego beat the Vikings, Dolphins, Broncos and KC once. They're not a powerhouse this year either.

If you're going to use that argument for KC, use it for the Chargers too. At least we beat a team with a winning record (Oakland)! Booyah!

I can't wait for Monday. Arrowhead is going to be nuts.

San Diego didn't lose 3 straight in embarrassing fashion either. And they haven't lost their two best players.

CC.SD
10-26-2011, 07:26 PM
lol 3 weeks ago you were a pretty loud voice in the Luck sweepstakes vidae, sweetling.

vidae
10-26-2011, 07:33 PM
San Diego didn't lose 3 straight in embarrassing fashion either. And they haven't lost their two best players.

Only two in embarrassing fashion! We were solid against the Chargers.

lol 3 weeks ago you were a pretty loud voice in the Luck sweepstakes vidae, sweetling.

It was kind of hard not to be sweetums. We were 0-2 and looked like we didn't belong on the same field, but we've played well since the second half against the Chargers.

All I'm saying is, if you can use the strength of the opponents the Chiefs beat as a knock against them, why can't you do the same for the Chargers? The Chargers are massively overrated every year and yet they always seem to get a pass. Why?

Also, I still want Luck. I still don't think Cassel is the answer. So that hasn't changed at all. The only thing that has changed is the likelyhood we get the first pick, ie no chance at all.

bored of education
10-26-2011, 07:34 PM
can KC win Monday then lose out?

CC.SD
10-26-2011, 07:37 PM
All I'm saying is, if you can use the strength of the opponents the Chiefs beat as a knock against them, why can't you do the same for the Chargers? The Chargers are massively overrated every year and yet they always seem to get a pass. Why?

They're not massively overrated every year, every year the word is they are good but not quite good enough and it seems to always be true. 2006 was our Super Bowl year but marlon mccree the devil stole it from us, and now he's in my basement. I think I forgot to feed him this month, crappppp my favorite toy.

vidae
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Maybe not overrated by Chargers fans, or the people on this board (though if I needed to I'm sure I could find posts claiming they were going to be the Super Bowl rep in the AFC) but everywhere else they're a clear favorite to make a deep run.

Sure, the media is pretty much ********, but they're still overrated by a lot of people.

CC.SD
10-26-2011, 07:42 PM
not this year. Next week we'll have the same record as the Lions with 1100% less dick suckage.

PackerLegend
10-26-2011, 08:08 PM

How did the Jags, Miami and the Rams all get 2 MNF games? WTF.

Alot of these matchups just seem dumb to be on MNF. Id say they failed pretty good with their lineup. I think overall SNF has been alot better imo.

ShutDwn
10-26-2011, 08:19 PM

Alot of these matchups just seem dumb to be on MNF. Id say they failed pretty good with their lineup. I think overall SNF has been alot better imo.

Plus they're smart enough to flex games. MNF definitely gambled on Rams, they clearly thought they'd be taking another step forward.

Hines
10-27-2011, 12:51 AM

Basically what BB said. The Steelers offense can put up points on anyone at anytime. If the OL can hold up, the Steelers O has potential to be a top 3 talent. And no, I don't think I am being a homer when I say that. It can be that good. It's going to be a shootout, and I really think the Steelers defense will get a few stops. I truly believe that if Timmons is on Gronk, Troy is on Hernandez, Lewis/Gai is on Branch, and Ike is on Welker, the Steelers have a shot in this game. The only way I believe there will be a huge game on the Patriots O is if Gai is on Gronk again.

I have 35-30 Patriots. I don't think the Pats will run the ball at all. Brady knows he can beat the Steelers and has even said he got this. I'm sure he'll be Ok with throwing the ball 100 times this game. If the Steelers play their zone coverage, I'm sure Brady will light them up again. But the Jets have shown that if you play press man on these WRs, you can disrupt them and stop Brady. You also got to pressure the **** out of him. I expect the Steelers to be in dime and nickle all damn game.

Razor
10-27-2011, 03:29 AM

I kinda like it. Where I'm from people don't often get to see "lesser" teams unless they pay for a GamePass subscription or something like that. I like to see these teams just to get a feeling of how bad they are and what they need to get better.

Basically what BB said. The Steelers offense can put up points on anyone at anytime. If the OL can hold up, the Steelers O has potential to be a top 3 talent. And no, I don't think I am being a homer when I say that. It can be that good. It's going to be a shootout, and I really think the Steelers defense will get a few stops. I truly believe that if Timmons is on Gronk, Troy is on Hernandez, Lewis/Gai is on Branch, and Ike is on Welker, the Steelers have a shot in this game. The only way I believe there will be a huge game on the Patriots O is if Gai is on Gronk again.

I have 35-30 Patriots. I don't think the Pats will run the ball at all. Brady knows he can beat the Steelers and has even said he got this. I'm sure he'll be Ok with throwing the ball 100 times this game. If the Steelers play their zone coverage, I'm sure Brady will light them up again. But the Jets have shown that if you play press man on these WRs, you can disrupt them and stop Brady. You also got to pressure the **** out of him. I expect the Steelers to be in dime and nickle all damn game.

I'm not sure Timmons can cover Gronk, he's just too big, strong and fast. I also think that the Patriots are going to try and force you guys into zone defense. Your defensive backfield doesn't have great speed, so hopefully we can get a couple of deep balls in there. I'm definately excited about this matchup. Both teams are hot right now and this could decide who gets the number one seed when all is said and done.

Hines
10-27-2011, 06:15 AM
I kinda like it. Where I'm from people don't often get to see "lesser" teams unless they pay for a GamePass subscription or something like that. I like to see these teams just to get a feeling of how bad they are and what they need to get better.

I'm not sure Timmons can cover Gronk, he's just too big, strong and fast. I also think that the Patriots are going to try and force you guys into zone defense. Your defensive backfield doesn't have great speed, so hopefully we can get a couple of deep balls in there. I'm definately excited about this matchup. Both teams are hot right now and this could decide who gets the number one seed when all is said and done.

I wouldn't say they don't have "great speed". Ike runs in the 4.3s, as does Troy. Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen run 4.5s, as does Keenan Lewis. The only slow guys are Gai and Clark.

BeerBaron
10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Next week's headline story:

Tim Tebow Named Week 8 AFC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week

Following Tebow's heroic, miraculous come from behind victory in week 7 against the Miami Dolphins and his subsequent snub of AFC Player of the Week honors, Broncos QB Tim Tebow has more than made up for it this week, leading his Denver squad to a 14-10 victory at home over the favored Detroit Lions.

Despite completing zero passes in 15 attempts and throwing 5 interceptions, Tebow willed his Broncos to victory nonetheless.

"Stats are only important in fantasy football," said Denver Head Coach John Fox when asked about Tebow's performance. "What is most important in the NFL is that we win games. Tim Tebow just wins games."

The Broncos scored their first touchdown of the game when corner back Champ Bailey intercepted a Matthew Stafford pass and returned it for a score.

"I could feel Tebow's confidence all around me," said Bailey. "It was like he was willing me to intercept that pass. It was a divine feeling...I can't explain it."

Then, trailing 10-7 late in the 4th quarter, return man Quan Cosby took a punt 75 yards to the end zone to give Denver the lead.

Said Cosby of the return: "I looked over at the sideline after I got back in position and saw Timmy standing there. I knew I couldn't let him down. I could tell he had faith in me to do the right thing and when I got the ball, I ran like I had never ran before. It was magical."

Additionally, Tebow was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week after registering a tackle on an interception return by linebacker Stephen Tulloch.

"Without that tackle, Tulloch may have taken that interception to the house and it would have been the difference in this game. Thank God Tim was there to take him down," stated team president John Elway.

Coach Fox said after the game that he was upset that Tebow wasn't also named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week: "I think it's ridiculous. He was standing really close to the sideline on that return. He should have been given credit for that as well."

Regardless, Tebow has now jumped into the lead of the MVP conversation according to most major media outlets. Even Tom Brady's record breaking 10 TD performance against the hapless Steelers couldn't keep him ahead of Tebow.

"Tim is really a great guy and he just wins games, yanno" said Brady when asked about Tebow's performance.

Vegas has also gotten into the action, making the Broncos the odds on Superbowl favorite for as long as Tebow remains at QB.

ImBrotherCain
10-27-2011, 12:22 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeerBaron again

ShutDwn
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Next week's headline story:

Tim Tebow Named Week 8 AFC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week

Following Tebow's heroic, miraculous come from behind victory in week 7 against the Miami Dolphins and his subsequent snub of AFC Player of the Week honors, Broncos QB Tim Tebow has more than made up for it this week, leading his Denver squad to a 14-10 victory at home over the favored Detroit Lions.

Despite completing zero passes in 15 attempts and throwing 5 interceptions, Tebow willed his Broncos to victory nonetheless.

"Stats are only important in fantasy football," said Denver Head Coach John Fox when asked about Tebow's performance. "What is most important in the NFL is that we win games. Tim Tebow just wins games."

Awesome. Although no article about a John Fox team is complete with out a "it is what it is" quote. Maybe he gave that quote up when he left Carolina. But Fox can't answer questions with straight answers so I bet he will start saying "Tim is what Tim is" instead.

BeerBaron
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Awesome. Although no article about a John Fox team is complete with out a "it is what it is" quote. Maybe he gave that quote up when he left Carolina. But Fox can't answer questions with straight answers so I bet he will start saying "Tim is what Tim is" instead.

Haha, I was was waiting for a critique. I expected it from njx though, likely telling me that Cosby and Bailey are awful and wouldn't be able to return a punt and INT respectfully.

ShutDwn
10-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Haha, I was was waiting for a critique. I expected it from njx though, likely telling me that Cosby and Bailey are awful and wouldn't be able to return a punt and INT respectfully.

Not without the Tebow willing them into the endzone, probably not. But that is what you get with Tim.

Jakey
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Im guessing that is a pretty close prediction.

But i dont agree with our DB's not being able to match up with your WR's. Apart from Welker there isnt much to shout about. Welker will probably catch a ton of balls, but as long as he is tackled as soon as possible, i dont see him causing too many problems. If a tackle is missed, it could be a different story.

On the other hand, i am scared of your TE's, the only player that can run with Hernandez is Lawrence Timmons and he is playing rush LB, and the only player that can attempt to match the strength and route running of Gronk is Polamalu and he is rarely matched up one on one with a TE.

I could see Gronk and Hernandez making plays, and BJGE punching in a few scores. I wouldnt expect too much from your WR's though.

If anything i would say it is your DB's that will be struggling to cover; Wallace, Sanders and Brown. But we will see, should be a great game!!!

Rabscuttle
10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
BeerBaron on a roll. Must spread rep and all that jazz.

DraftSavant
10-27-2011, 08:30 PM

But i dont agree with our DB's not being able to match up with your WR's. Apart from Welker there isnt much to shout about. Welker will probably catch a ton of balls, but as long as he is tackled as soon as possible, i dont see him causing too many problems. If a tackle is missed, it could be a different story.

On the other hand, i am scared of your TE's, the only player that can run with Hernandez is Lawrence Timmons and he is playing rush LB, and the only player that can attempt to match the strength and route running of Gronk is Polamalu and he is rarely matched up one on one with a TE.

I could see Gronk and Hernandez making plays, and BJGE punching in a few scores. I wouldnt expect too much from your WR's though.

If anything i would say it is your DB's that will be struggling to cover; Wallace, Sanders and Brown. But we will see, should be a great game!!!

The reason why Pittsburgh has struggled recently against the Patriots is because most of their sub packages are nickel. Before this year, they rarely (if ever) went to true dime packages to get a 6th DB on the field - no matter what personnel the offense used. If you try to spread them out, their response is to blitz you relentlessly.

This poses a huge problem against a team like New England, because they use their runningbacks so much in the pass game. Even worse, they can line up in base personnel (1 back, 2 TEs) and shift into an empty set. Pittsburgh will blitz repeatedly against empty sets...the problem is that it usually gets a runningback mismatched on a defensive lineman.

This year, the Steelers are starting to run more dime (with a third safety as opposed to a fourth corner). Should be a fun tactical mathcup to watch.

Brent
10-27-2011, 08:34 PM
they use their runningbacks so much in the run game.
obvious statement is obvious.

JBCX
10-27-2011, 09:50 PM

The Steelers CBs are terrible. An aging Ike Taylor is the best of the bunch and that's not saying much.

If it wasn't for the Steelers pass rush, that defense would be getting toasted for 400+ passing yards every single week.

DraftSavant
10-27-2011, 10:31 PM
obvious statement is obvious.

God damn it, Brent.

TitanHope
10-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Win or lose, this Titans weekend will be a success.

A win makes me happy.

A loss helps end all this Luck to the Colts nonsense.

descendency
10-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Tom Brady will break 500 passing yards this week. The Steelers D is predicated on rushing the passer and they won't have Harrison.

They will have to cover two TEs and they suck at covering TEs. Welker is going to eat whomever's lunch is covering him.

NE will win comfortably.

Two constants in the NFL: Bill Belichick doesn't lose with two weeks of preparation (obvious exceptions exist) and the Tom Brady led Patriots beat the Steelers.

yo123
10-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Excited to see my first full game from Newton. He should dominate our secondary, but Carolina's DT's are awful and Peterson should have another field day. Actually an interesting-ish game for 2-5 vs. 1-6, with the rookie QB's facing off.

SickwithIt1010
10-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Tom Brady will break 500 passing yards this week. The Steelers D is predicated on rushing the passer and they won't have Harrison.

They will have to cover two TEs and they suck at covering TEs. Welker is going to eat whomever's lunch is covering him.

NE will win comfortably.

Two constants in the NFL: Bill Belichick doesn't lose with two weeks of preparation (obvious exceptions exist) and the Tom Brady led Patriots beat the Steelers.

Due to this post alone the Pats are going to lose.

holt_bruce81
10-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Here's a cute stat....

Saints scored 62 points last week against the Colts. The Rams have scored 56 points all season. Yes that's 9.3 points per game.

Razor
10-28-2011, 04:52 AM
I just noticed something that I haven't thought of before. Pittsburgh only defeated sucky teams this year:

Week One: PIT 7 @ BAL 35
Week Two: SEA 0 @ PIT 24
Week Three: PIT 23 @ IND 20
Week Four: PIT 10 @ HOU 17
Week Five: TEN 17 @ PIT 38
Week Six: JAC 13 @ PIT 17
Week Seven: PIT 32 @ ARI 20

So they lost to the Texans (where they only put up ten points) and the Ravens. They barely beat the Colts (!) and the Jaguars. Also, they let Kevin Kolb put up twenty on them. This just makes me feel so much better about this game. The Steeler offense' strength is their passing attack, which in turn is the Patriot defenses' weakness, I get that. But their rushing attack and defense aren't what they used to be, and I just think it all adds up. Brady is going to light this defense up I think...

Splat
10-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Chargersí Shaun Phillips, Mike Tolbert expected to be out (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/29/chargers-expected-to-miss-shaun-phillips-mike-tolbert/)

Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/597/kris-dielman) is out after suffering a scary concussion (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/29/nfl-reviewing-kris-dielman-concussion/) and seizure last week. Norv Turner also admitted that running back Mike Tolbert is likely out (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/28/tolbert-likely-out-vs-chiefs/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter), as is starting outside linebacker Shaun Phillips (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/28/phillips-absence-will-deplete-already-lacking-pass/).

Mr. Goosemahn
10-29-2011, 12:51 PM
The Steelers CBs are terrible. An aging Ike Taylor is the best of the bunch and that's not saying much.

If it wasn't for the Steelers pass rush, that defense would be getting toasted for 400+ passing yards every single week.

While that might be true for the rest of the group, Ike Taylor has been playing quite well.

Ike Taylor so far:

vs. Baltimore - 4 targets, 0 completions allowed, 0 yards, 0 TDs
vs. Seattle - 3 targets, 1 completion allowed, 9 yards, 0 TDs
vs. Indianapolis - 12 targets, 3 completions allowed, 38 yards, 0 TDs
vs. Houston - 3 targets, 1 completion allowed, 8 yards, 0 TDs
vs. Tennessee - 6 targets, 1 completion allowed, 7 yards, 0 TDs
vs. Jacksonville - 4 targets, 1 completion allowed, 18 yards, 1 TD
vs. Arizona - 9 targets, 3 completions allowed, 65 yards, 0 TDs

That's 10 completions (for a 24% completion allowed rating), 165 yards, and 1 TD allowed in almost half a season.

I know he hasn't played against elite competition, but those are still good numbers.

Furthermore, as an entire unit, the Steelers are actually pretty darn good vs. the pass this year.

- 8th best in completion % allowed (56.1)
- 5th best in pass yards allowed (1203)
- 1st best in YPA (5.8)
- 2nd best in YPG (171.9)
- 7th best (tied) in TDs allowed (8)
- 32nd best (tied) in INTs (2)
- 1st best (tied) for least plays of 20+ yards (4)
- 1st best (tied) for least plays of 40+ yards (1)
- 8th best (tied) in sacks (17)

That being said, I know how our defense plays and how the Patriots are perfectly designed to pick away at our defense. I expect Brady to use screens to beat our pass-rush and then use the TEs to beat our LBs when they drop into coverage.

Barring an injury, a Patriots offensive meltdown, or a return of our 2008 "Renegade" defense, we won't win this game. Might be close, but ultimately we are a defense that Brady just doesn't lose to, and as much as I hate to say it, he's got our number.

nepg
10-30-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm getting tired of the shock articles and radio talk about the Chiefs' turn around. Just because you're too stupid to have seen what the issues were with the team early (and why they were issues) and what they did to fix them after Week 2 doesn't mean their "turnaround" is miraculous. They had issues with injuries and approached the off-season differently than other teams. They also had depth issues at WR and DB. They fixed most of their issues simply by not playing their ****** depth players and running a more conservative approach offensively. These were obvious fixes if you paid attention to the first two games.

Ness
10-30-2011, 03:26 AM
I don't think the Chiefs have had a turnaround. They've played the Raiders, Colts, and Vikings. Let's calm down here.

Hines
10-30-2011, 09:56 AM
James Farrior isn't playing. That means the sexy Stevenson Sylvester gets the start today!!! Woot woot. I wish Worilds could get healthy and stay healthy so he could have started at OLB and Timmons could play MLB. Oh well, I hope Sly does well.

scottyboy
10-30-2011, 10:07 AM
If reggie bush does well against us...it will not be pretty

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't think the Chiefs have had a turnaround. They've played the Raiders, Colts, and Vikings. Let's calm down here.

Similarly, the Bengals have played one playoff team from last year: the Colts!

Smooth Criminal
10-30-2011, 10:34 AM
James Farrior isn't playing. That means the sexy Stevenson Sylvester gets the start today!!! Woot woot. I wish Worilds could get healthy and stay healthy so he could have started at OLB and Timmons could play MLB. Oh well, I hope Sly does well.

I honestly think this helps a ton. The Patriots would have torn Farrior apart with TEs. He simply can't cover well anymore. I don't have much faith in Foote either, but I'm excited to see what sly can do.

And Ward being out means Wallace, Brown, and Sanders should all get a lot of time together, and I'm expecting Heath to get some targets.

But unless Brady throws a bunch on ints or Ben has the best game of his career I think the Steelers lose this one.

Hines
10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
I think the Steelers lose as well, but I think it's going to be a close game.

Pat Sims 90
10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Similarly, the Bengals have played one playoff team from last year: the Colts!

Not really the Bengals were expected to win 2 games by most people. Kansas City was expected to contend in the AFC West.

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Not really the Bengals were expected to win 2 games by most people. Kansas City was expected to contend in the AFC West.

I'm not saying they are similar in that aspect. I'm saying that they are considered a surprise, but like the Chiefs they haven't played many good teams. The Bills and 49ers are the best teams they've played.

Their toughest games are divisional, otherwise they get to face the two weakest divisions: The NFC West and the AFC South.

On another note: haha @ Terry Bradshaw's continuing hate of Cam Newton.

DcmRulz
10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Fine time for the Vikings to lose every worthwhile CB. only to face Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton.

Flyboy
10-30-2011, 11:56 AM
If reggie bush does well against us...it will not be pretty

Bush had his one and only 100+ yard game against the Giants in '06, if I recall correctly.

nepg
10-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Reggie Bush is the most disappointing player in the history of the NFL. He hasn't even done well in the Eric Metcalf role that he was supposed to shine in. He just came into the league with a horrible attitude and still arrogantly thinks that he can just show up to the game and dominate like he did in college. It's so obvious that he just doesn't work hard and never has.

Hines
10-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I have Baltimore-AZ and NYG-Miami on my TV this afternoon. Bleh. Looks like I'll be watching the Ravens game.

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Reggie Bush is the most disappointing player in the history of the NFL. He hasn't even done well in the Eric Metcalf role that he was supposed to shine in. He just came into the league with a horrible attitude and still arrogantly thinks that he can just show up to the game and dominate like he did in college. It's so obvious that he just doesn't work hard and never has.

Being able to dominate in college like that will certainly inflate anyone's ego, but to do it in LA probably made him feel like he was already a pro.

MetSox17
10-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I got the Houston/Jacksonville game. I think i'll take a nap instead.

BeerBaron
10-30-2011, 12:03 PM
I have Baltimore-AZ and NYG-Miami on my TV this afternoon. Bleh. Looks like I'll be watching the Ravens game.

Same here. I'll probably flip back and forth between them.

BeerBaron
10-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I got the Houston/Jacksonville game. I think i'll take a nap instead.

That one's not actually that bad. I wish I got that one instead.

Hines
Holy **** Kevin Kolb is terrible.

ShutDwn
The Panthers special teams were getting all pumped up before the kickoff and then they let up a 70ish yard return... wooooowwwwww

Before the play I thought to myself they better not look like fools, and then they did.

nepg
10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Being able to dominate in college like that will certainly inflate anyone's ego, but to do it in LA probably made him feel like he was already a pro.
Well he was certainly getting paid like it. Did he take a paycut by declaring for the draft?

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 12:06 PM
What a boring ass set of 1 PM games.

draftguru151
Rookie Jimmy Wilson getting the start at CB because Vontae is out. Gets beat by Cruz early.

BeerBaron
Cory Redding, who weighs 300 pounds, is at least 50 pounds lighter than anyone else on the Ravens d-line. Crazy.

FuzzyGopher
We are ******* atrocious.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Even Ryan Longwell kinda sucks this year.

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Well he was certainly getting paid like it. Did he take a paycut by declaring for the draft?

haha that's true. He should

Wow. That had to be the ugliest start to a football game for the Vikings and the Panthers. Carolina basically spotted them a FG, then they went three and out and the Vikings missed the kick horribly.

draftguru151
10-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Dolphins got away with probably PI and roughing the passer on one play.

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Umm, what the hell Giants?

ImBrotherCain
10-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Two big missed plays by Feeley

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 12:10 PM
The ugliest start just got worse

Breed
Giants go for it on 4th n 9 lols

yo123
Percy Harvin should play RB full time.

nepg
What a boring ass set of 1 PM games.
It is horrible. It's the only bad thing about the Chiefs playing on Monday Night.

Beano
Not the worst first drive for the Rams, twice Brandon Lloyd was wide open and would have had 6 each time if the ball was thrown well.

That's a positive, and also a sign of how ******* woeful we've been this year.

FuzzyGopher
10-30-2011, 12:11 PM
2 Straight runs for Harvin, weird but it worked. TD Vikings.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Don't like Percy Harvin vouching touchdowns.

Breed
10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Matt Moore is elusive

XxXdragonXxX
10-30-2011, 12:16 PM
That wasn't PI, ball wasn't in the air...is there illegal contact on the offense?

Hines
Matt Moore FTW.

draftguru151
Charles Clay is the next Larry Centers.

Beano
10-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Rams (lack of) pass rush is a concern. Don't want to be blitzing Brees too much today.

Breed
10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Aaron Ross needs to learn how to cover

nepg
10-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Eli and the Giants doing their best to make sure Peyton has a decent backup next year.

BeerBaron
The only person worse than Reggie Bush as a goal line back has to be Steve Slaton...

49erNation85
Man horrible coverage for me again this week. Minn vs Carl , then Miami vs NYG and Sea vs Bangles after that . Luckly I'll be able to watch SF online today. Getting my first look at Newton and another at Ponder fun game so far.

draftguru151
10-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Linval Joseph you are a dumbass.

draftguru151
We scored a TD up the middle! Giants you suck.

BeerBaron
See folks, THIS is why I don't trust the Giants this year at all. They lose to Seattle and make Miami look competent...ugh.

The Cowboys are the best team in the NFC East.

Hines
10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Holy **** Fitz!!!

Beano
10-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Rams offense resuming normal service that time. Backwards on back to back plays to leave us 3rd and 24.

Ugh, least we look good in the throw backs.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:22 PM
I think I just actually saw a Vikings safety break up a pass.

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I think I just actually saw a Vikings safety break up a pass.

Now you're just lying.

niel89
10-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Thats how you do it Suggs. Key play there.

FuzzyGopher
10-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Once Carolina realizes that Asher Allen is covering Steve Smith every play it's all over. Smith should have about 400 yards this game.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Now you're just lying.

Nope, he got his hand on the ball and everything. No flags either!

BeerBaron
10-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Flipping between the games...commercials on both for ****** network programming I'll never watch...

nepg
10-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Wait. WTF is Luke McCown doing in the game? What happened?

XxXdragonXxX
10-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Gabbert slid and got hit late and got hurt. I don't think there was a flag but there should have been.

FuzzyGopher
10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Musgrave loves those stupid end arounds and reverses.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:30 PM

Because they usually work.

BeerBaron

And let me guess....they never, ever work? It's lucky if they even gain some positive yardage?

djp
Flipping between the games...commercials on both for ****** network programming I'll never watch...

Invest in NFL Red Zone. No commercials. Just football all day. Best decision I've made.

Mr. Goosemahn
10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
The Panthers' blitzing has been great thus far.

BeerBaron
Invest in NFL Red Zone. No commercials. Just football all day. Best decision I've made.

All my utilities are included including cable and I don't have the money to invest in a PS3 right now. Otherwise, I probably would.

BloodBrother
I am getting the most random games here. MIN/CAR and NYG/MIA

thank god for Red Zone

Brodeur
Apparently Eli thinks he has a receiver as tall as the goal post.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
And let me guess....they never, ever work? It's lucky if they even gain some positive yardage?

No, they usually do work. Harvin is the only player in the league who should be allowed to run a reverse.

FuzzyGopher
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM

It's all or nothing, it's either a 5 yard loss or a 15 yard gain. They probably work like 1/3 of the time.

niel89
10-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Run Ricky Run! 24 yard gain.

djp
10-30-2011, 12:34 PM
It's all or nothing, it's either a 5 yard loss or a 15 yard gain. They probably work like 1/3 of the time.

The primary objective for those plays is to keep the backside defender from crashing down the line on Peterson.

BloodBrother
10-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Camzzzzz firing lazzzzzzzers

marshallb
10-30-2011, 12:36 PM
How the hell is that a facemask on Griffin???

Breed
A Dolphins win today would be pretty awesome...

FuzzyGopher
The primary objective for those plays is to keep the backside defender from crashing down the line on Peterson.

Makes sense, I just hate Musgrave so I'm probably more hard on him then I should be. The "Blazer" package pisses me off the most and completely kills drives.

niel89
10-30-2011, 12:37 PM
New Ravens game plan, run every play.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Makes sense, I just hate Musgrave so I'm probably more hard on him then I should be. The "Blazer" package pisses me off the most and completely kills drives.

If Musgrave has an ounce of sense the Blazer page of the playbook was ripped out after the Bears game.

49erNation85
10-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Looks like the colts will be in the running still.Painter just looks horrible out there.Then Miami is just winning them selves out of the race beating NYG .

BeerBaron
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Bryant McKinnie false start in a purple jersey. Some things never change.

Beano
Scoreless first Q, only 3 more to go.

Basileus777
Flacco is incredibly lucky that wasn't a pick 6.

Hines
Adrian Wilson would have taken that to the house if he caught that.

yo123
10-30-2011, 12:40 PM
That's a terrible holding call on Carolina there.

BloodBrother
10-30-2011, 12:41 PM
CAm to Smith for TD. That was nice

ShutDwn
Steve Smith is the honey badger.

This has to be like the fifth time Smith has caught a pass and landed on the one.

niel89
Flacco's terrible game last week is carrying over so far.

draftguru151
I wonder what's Reggie Bush's career yards after contact. I'm gonna guess like -3.

yo123
Cam is every bit as good as everyone has been saying he is.

BloodBrother
10-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Scratch that, Smith is down at the 1. Time for a Cam ruuuush TD

FuzzyGopher
Nice catch by Steve Smith, great throw by Newton.

BeerBaron
I wonder what's Reggie Bush's career yards after contact. I'm gonna guess like -3.

In college, he just wasn't contacted. He runs like he's playing against Washington State every week, trying to get by on talent alone.

marshallb
...and Steve Smith beats Asher Allen(gonna be hearing that a lot today), he was down short though.

Breed
10-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Matt Moore looked like Mike Vick Jr on that play....

Brodeur
Matt Moore is a boss.

Basileus777
How did Osi miss that sack?

draftguru151
10-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Matt Moore making Osi look like a fool!

draftguru151
10-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Matt Moore putting the team on his back!

Reggie Bush!!!!!!!!!!!

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 12:47 PM
The Giants ******* suck.

niel89
I'm not digging Harvin stealing away those carries

from Gerhart.

BeerBaron
I swear, defenders nowadays slide off during tackles like they runner is coated in butter.

XxXdragonXxX
For a second I thought they were gonna let that obvious horsecollar/late hit go.

49erNation85
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Moore is winning them out of Luck though.Shouldn't he stop?

BeerBaron
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
For a second I thought they were gonna let that obvious horsecollar/late hit go.

He was horsecollaring him out of bounds no less. I was surprised how long it took for a flag to fly.

BeerBaron
10-30-2011, 12:49 PM
The Giants play down to their competition. It's the only explanation I can come up with. They have absolutely no business losing to the Dolphins.

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Moore has been dodging tacklers like a mad man, why not just ******* QB sneak that? Stupid.

Basileus777
10-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Matt Moore ahhahaha

niel89
Go Matt Moore!

Brodeur
Oh Giants, Giants Giants Giants.

draftguru151
ALL HAIL MATT MOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i

BeerBaron
The Giants ******* suck. I'm embarrassed for them.

yo123
Isn't Carolina's run defense supposed to suck? Block someone this is pathetic.

soybean
10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
I think the only teams purposely tanking it for the number one pick is the colts.

Rabscuttle
Rams beasting on the Saints - at least by Rams standards, 0-0 and smashing the Saints in the throat. Started Colston and Sproles- not impressed with this development

Borat
I'm sorry Vikings fans. I bet on Minnesota. Therefore, your team is going to get crushed. My bad.

draftguru151
The Giants play down to their competition. It's the only explanation I can come up with. They have absolutely no business losing to the Dolphins.

Dolphins can stay with most teams, but they'll find a way to lose this. Eli will throw for 300/4 in the second half.

yo123
God damnit Ponder you can't just scramble on every play.

marshallb
10-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Isn't Carolina's run defense supposed to suck? Block someone this is pathetic.

Yea, it's amazing that Peterson is able to get any rushing yards. He's constantly seeing guys in the backfield before he gets to the line of scrimmage.

And Percy going at it on the Panthers bench.

FuzzyGopher
Lol at Harvin.

XxXdragonXxX
Harvin...not real smart to start a fight on the other teams bench.

djp
10-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Harvin and Munnerlyn having a slight disagreement on the Panther sideline.

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Captain and Percy going at it on the bench

Cunningham
10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
harvin dropped munnerlyn

NY+Giants=NYG
10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Fire Fewell! I am unimpressed with him.

nepg
10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
David's on the ground.

Like a Baas.

Breed
Giants lose Redskins lose, and Cowboys lose, good Sunday in the name of Jesus. Amen

Omar
Newton should be going to Smith every play. Vikings can't stop him

nepg
10-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Harvin and Munnerlyn having a slight disagreement on the Panther sideline.
btw, Captain Munnerlyn is the best name in sports.

49erNation85
Yup Colts going after Luck right now.

Babylon
If the Giants were to lose at home to the Seahawks and the Dolphins that right there should disqualify you from any post season consideration.

niel89
Okay Flacco, baby steps here. Lets get a completion.

edit: well **** me then

NY+Giants=NYG
10-30-2011, 12:58 PM
If the Giants were to lose at home to the Seahawks and the Dolphins that right there should disqualify you from any post season consideration.

It probably will. We lost to the Titans at home, and lost to the Eagles when we had a lead. Those are games we needed. And then we came up short.

draftguru151
A Miami Hurricane has scored a TD in the NFL in 147 straight weeks. Shockey extends it. :D

Hines
Hahahaha Baltimore.

XxXdragonXxX
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Brandon Jacobs is terrible.

ShutDwn
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I feel like Luck won't want to come to the Colts and play in the shadow of Manning. It's a very unappealing city to live in as well.

Beano
10-30-2011, 01:00 PM
3-0 Rams.

Lolz. As long as we keep the Saints to under 7 we might have a chance.

yo123
10-30-2011, 01:00 PM
That's a great throw by Newton.

Our safeties are still terrible.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Brandon Jacobs is terrible.

Most over rated player on our team. I can't stand him. But he is good at running his mouth though!

UKfan
Cam to Olsen, just that easy

marshallb
Can the Vikings get a brand new secondary, like an entire new secondary? It's so bad. Granted we're missing our 2 best corners, but still...

ShutDwn
It's good to see Shockey and Olsen getting in the endzone, they do so much dirty work for the offense.

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Shut your mouth Jacobs and sit down.

nepg
10-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I feel like Luck won't want to come to the Colts and play in the shadow of Manning. It's a very unappealing city to live in as well.
Depending on the coaching situation, Miami is the better fit for him. Potentially great defense and lots of solid weapons on offense. The only issue with Miami is being in the AFC East. Which is why he won't complain about going to Indianapolis where they don't have to deal with the Patriots, Jets, and now Bills twice a year and worry about keeping pace with them throughout the season.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-30-2011, 01:03 PM
******* Cam Newton.

Rabscuttle
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Harvin dropped someone? Football fights are funny.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Gabbert is unbearably bad.

ImBrotherCain
10-30-2011, 01:05 PM
A Miami Hurricane has scored a TD in the NFL in 147 straight weeks. Shockey extends it. :D

Now Olsen...

Brodeur
10-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Gabbert is unbearably bad.

At least he's a rookie. What's Flacco's excuse?