PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal with Case Keenum?

FUNBUNCHER
10-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah I know, been there done that.

Ty Detmer/Jimmy Chang/Colt Brennan/Chase Daniel/Graham Harrell, etc.

Is Keenum just another triggerman for a high octane gimmick offense that camouflages his flaws, or does anyone see Keenum potentially making an NFL roster??
BTW I don't think he's really 6'2, 210#.

http://thematadorsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/keenum.jpg

Who has more pro upside, Kellen Moore or Keenum???

JHL6719
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Two more TD passes last night and he could almost be considered as good as David Klingler.

The NFL has been down that road before too with Houston QB's (Klingler, Ware, etc... now Kolb). All of those QB's were better NFL prospects than Keenum is. But that doesn't mean Keenum couldn't turn out to be a better pro than all of them, although that's not saying much either.

I'm 99% sure that Keenum is the latest to join that spectacular list of names you mentioned there.

How old is Keenum now anyway? He's been at Houston forever, seems like he was Klingler's backup at some point.

Edit: Just checked, he'll be a 24 year old rookie next year. That's not too bad.

mqtirishfan
10-28-2011, 12:32 PM

Can I take the field?

Shane P. Hallam
10-28-2011, 01:01 PM

Moore in my book.

nepg
10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
I like Keenum a lot as a backup in a spread-it-out offense like New Orleans. His listed size is legit (he's said that he's a little heavier). Keenum is a great college QB. Ty Detmer had a hell of an NFL career as a backup. I like the comparison to Keenum.

diabsoule
10-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I remember Jimmy Chang.

nepg
10-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I remember Jimmy Chang.
Timmy Chang had no arm strength. Keenum's arm is more than adequate both with his accuracy as well as his arm strength.