PDA

View Full Version : October 28th Mock Draft!

Matthew Jones
10-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Just put this one together. A few new picks in there, including some reshuffling at the top of the draft.

October 28th Mock Draft

1. Indianapolis Colts - QB Andrew Luck, Stanford*

2. St. Louis Rams - OT Matt Kalil, Southern California*

3. Miami Dolphins - QB Matt Barkley, Southern California*

4. Minnesota Vikings - OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford*

5. Arizona Cardinals - CB Morris Claiborne, Louisiana St.*

6. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina

7. Carolina Panthers - WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St.*

8. Seattle Seahawks - QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma*

9. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Riley Reiff, Iowa*

10. Denver Broncos - RB Trent Richardson, Alabama*

11. Washington Redskins - QB Robert Griffin, Baylor*

12. Tennessee Titans - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame*

13. Cleveland Browns - WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina*

14. Dallas Cowboys - CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

15. Kansas City Chiefs - OG David DeCastro, Stanford*

16. Cleveland Browns (from Falcons) - LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.*

17. New York Jets - WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LB Zach Brown, North Carolina

19. Cincinnati Bengals (from Raiders) - CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama*

20. Cincinnati Bengals - OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia

21. Chicago Bears - OT Mike Adams, Ohio St.

22. Houston Texans - NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

23. Baltimore Ravens - C Peter Konz, Wisconsin*

24. New York Giants - LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College*

25. Buffalo Bills - LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

26. San Diego Chargers - LB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma*

27. New England Patriots (from Saints) - SS Mark Barron, Alabama

28. Detroit Lions - CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

29. Pittsburgh Steelers - NT Dontari Poe, Memphis*

30. San Francisco 49ers - DT Jared Crick, Nebraska

31. New England Patriots - DT Devon Still, Penn St.

32. Green Bay Packers - DE Vinny Curry, Marshall

Also considered:

QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma St.

DT Kendall Reyes, Connecticut

DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson

DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.*

DE Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.*

CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina*

CB Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech*

FS T.J. McDonald, Southern California*

crites09
10-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I like the Bengals draft, but I just don't think they will take a CB in round 1. I would say RB Lamar Miller is better pick

Matthew Jones
10-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I like the Bengals draft, but I just don't think they will take a CB in round 1. I would say RB Lamar Miller is better pick

I probably would have projected him instead of Glenn but I don't include sophomores.

JPF
10-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Hard to argue against Blackmon for the Panthers. Nice pick.

Paul
10-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Jenkins and Scandrick have been playing well lately and if that continues all season I would probably scratch that off 1st rounds needs for us. Though a little depth there would be nice.

49erNation85
10-28-2011, 09:15 PM
A young DT would add depth for SF.Nice pick.

vidae
10-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Guard is not a need for KC at the moment. ILB and RT are much bigger needs with the people you have left.

Pat Sims 90
10-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Kirkpatrick is a good pick.

Not a fan of Glenn but OG is a big need.

Matthew Jones
10-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Guard is not a need for KC at the moment. ILB and RT are much bigger needs with the people you have left.

I had some trouble with their pick. I don't think Pioli would go for Burfict, and Kuechly doesn't shed blocks very well. There wasn't really anyone left at offensive tackle that I thought fit. What about someone like Alameda Ta'amu?

TheMatriculator
10-29-2011, 10:39 AM

Exactly! They might also go for an NT like Ta'amu if they think Jerrell Powe isn't developing the way they think he should. He looked good in pre-season but has been inactive ever since so only the team knows for sure.

vidae
10-29-2011, 11:36 AM
I had some trouble with their pick. I don't think Pioli would go for Burfict, and Kuechly doesn't shed blocks very well. There wasn't really anyone left at offensive tackle that I thought fit. What about someone like Alameda Ta'amu?

Exactly! They might also go for an NT like Ta'amu if they think Jerrell Powe isn't developing the way they think he should. He looked good in pre-season but has been inactive ever since so only the team knows for sure.

What he said, though I think they might actually go Taze in that situation. No one knows what is going on with Powe (he has been a healthy scratch, I think) but it might just be that we have a solid rotation at NT right now.

nepg
10-30-2011, 01:25 AM
They're set at G for starters. They need some OL depth, but their starting 5 is pretty solid right now.

I think Pioli would pull the trigger on Burfict. We all love Belcher, but he's on the small side and Burfict would be a huge upgrade to the defense as a whole. I don't think there are too many LBs that would provide an upgrade to their current unit (because Belcher isn't bad and the backup situation is decent), so it's kind of a first round or no round position.

The Chiefs might even go for Kirkpatrick in that spot. Pioli loves SEC defenders, especially Nick Saban players. That'd be a real nice fight (and would make the secondary really scary).

If you're talking about the Chiefs picking 15th or later, you also have to start looking at TE. Dwayne Allen would be a monster addition to that offense. They like being a running team, but they don't have much at TE. They really need another stud TE, especially with Moeaki being a china doll.

NT and DE are options. It's SO tough to tell how much of an option either is, though. Only Romeo Crennel and Anthony Pleasant could tell you, imo. Powe has been a healthy scratch, but he's also a rookie NT and those just don't play much. As Pats fans, we know this...

For the Pats, I like Barron a ton, but don't think Belichick would ever draft a Penn State player...especially not in the first round. Seeing Vinny Curry right there makes me tingly, though.

holt_bruce81
10-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Please let a bird poop on your forehead.

I think we all know, no matter what the Rams do they will never have a good O-Line. haha

regoob2
10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
That's really a worst case scenario for the Bears. If Adams grades out that high he would be a good pick.

indyfan1985
10-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Give the Colts NT Brandon Thompson in the 2nd and its a great draft. If Peyton is healthy next year still dont rule out them trading either him or Luck for multiple 1sts and or players.

Menardo75
10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
A young DT would add depth for SF.Nice pick.

Wrong.

D-line still isn't a need for San Fran corner or safety.

KCStud
10-30-2011, 09:34 PM
They're set at G for starters. They need some OL depth, but their starting 5 is pretty solid right now.

I think Pioli would pull the trigger on Burfict. We all love Belcher, but he's on the small side and Burfict would be a huge upgrade to the defense as a whole. I don't think there are too many LBs that would provide an upgrade to their current unit (because Belcher isn't bad and the backup situation is decent), so it's kind of a first round or no round position.

The Chiefs might even go for Kirkpatrick in that spot. Pioli loves SEC defenders, especially Nick Saban players. That'd be a real nice fight (and would make the secondary really scary).

If you're talking about the Chiefs picking 15th or later, you also have to start looking at TE. Dwayne Allen would be a monster addition to that offense. They like being a running team, but they don't have much at TE. They really need another stud TE, especially with Moeaki being a china doll.

NT and DE are options. It's SO tough to tell how much of an option either is, though. Only Romeo Crennel and Anthony Pleasant could tell you, imo. Powe has been a healthy scratch, but he's also a rookie NT and those just don't play much. As Pats fans, we know this...

For the Pats, I like Barron a ton, but don't think Belichick would ever draft a Penn State player...especially not in the first round. Seeing Vinny Curry right there makes me tingly, though.

I would love Kirkpatrick, but I don't think we'll want him. I am 95% confident Carr is gonna stay here and having him, Flowers, Arenas, Daniels, Washington and Brown put us in good company at CB.

As for Powe, he isn't playing right now because Gordon took his spot. I don't see us drafting Ta'amu either. He doesn't seem like a first round pick to me. He hasn't been that good this year. He's done well against lesser teams and hasn't shown up against good one's.

It's not a sexy pick, but I would love to have DeCastro. Lilja is 30 and he's getting thrown around a lot this year. I'm always up for building the lines though.

If I had to pick a player I'd go with Mike Adams. Haley has a lot of connections at OSU (as we saw with Donald Washington) and Adams would be a huge upgrade over Richardson. 6'8" 320 lbs and is a very good run blocker who loves to finish plays. Would love to have him on our team.