PDA

View Full Version : Laron Landry

catcher_0_3
03-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Did yall or did yall not have the #1 ranked Running defense in the league last year. So do yall really need another run stopper on defense or would someone like Nelson or Griffin suite your needs better? I know the Falcons are in a simliar situation just less drastic contrasts on the pass vs. the run, and Landry is one of their main targets. So is there any chance yall pass on him or maybe trade down, or is there a pretty good chance yall still take him.

crazyisme
03-26-2007, 11:17 AM
i think he is going to be our pick because i think Washington will take Adams if hes not already taken, i dont see AP falling like everyone else has him and i really dont see us taking a QB we didnt move up to take Jackson last year to draft a QB this year

obviously CJ will be gone

and Landry provides FAR more than just help in the running game, we have an old safety and an average safety, Landry would be great to help both those areas, youth and talent.

a secondary of Sharper/Landry/Winny/Griff?

veeery niiice

swagger
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Dwight Smith > Darren Sharper.

LonghornsLegend
03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
how much playing time will cedric griffin see in the secondary?

The Dynasty
03-26-2007, 04:01 PM
He will probably become the 2nd CB behind Winfield.

crazyisme
03-26-2007, 06:00 PM
wouldnt quite say that swagger, hes a little better in the box, but sharper is a better free lancer and a better play maker than smith is

and no way in hell they'd move landry to CB if they drafted him

The Dynasty
03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
and no way in hell they'd move landry to CB if they drafted him

I was answering the Texas Guys question. Not the Topic question.

Vikes99ej
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I would love for us to take Landry. Solidify the safety spot for the next 8-10 years.

MNRunLeft
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I think Landry will be the pick. Yes he's good against the run, but what I really like about him is he's going to put some fear into WR's coming over the middle. Sharper and Smith are both more CF type S's. I hope if they do take Landry the team considers moving Smith to the nickle where I believe he played in TB.

The Dynasty
03-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I think Landry will be the pick. Yes he's good against the run, but what I really like about him is he's going to put some fear into WR's coming over the middle. Sharper and Smith are both more CF type S's. I hope if they do take Landry the team considers moving Smith to the nickle where I believe he played in TB.

I like Landry, The only way I'd take him is if Adams is gone which seems like that will happen right now unless the Bears trade up and draft someone thats not Gaines Adams.

VikesRule
03-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Dwight Smith > Darren Sharper.

Darren Sharper >>>>>>>> Dwight Smith

I'd love Landry at 7. We could use another playmaker in the secondary, especially one that can hit. Landry and Blue - safeties of the future! ;)