PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill is the #2 QB in this Class

DraftSavant
10-29-2011, 12:13 PM
And it's not even close.

He still needs some work speeding up his progressions, and clean up his footwork at the top of his drop (plant and gather).

But he has everything you can't teach in a QB. He attacks the outside quadrants from the far hash, and those throws are on a zipline. Arguably the strongest arm in this class.

More importantly watch him operate in the pocket. On that TD pass to Gray in the redzone, his internal timeclock was perfect. He got rid of the ball just before the blindside rusher got to him off the edge.

Earlier in the same drive, he was patient in the pocket, felt pressure, moved, reset, and threw the ball while keeping his eyes downfield the whole time. I cannot understate how important of a trait this is in a QB.

This is going to be a really, really good NFL quarterback. And he has the skillset to be a foundation/franchise option as opposed to a contributing piece of your offense (or game manager, but I really dislike that term).

ChiFan24
10-29-2011, 12:25 PM
People on this board throw around "it's not even close" so much that it's lost all meaning.

Tannehill's good though.

holt_bruce81
10-29-2011, 12:30 PM
People on this board throw around "it's not even close" so much that it's lost all meaning.

Tannehill's good though.

I know man, I can't stand it anymore lol

I wouldn't judge anything from today, Tannehill is playing a high school defense.

Dro
10-29-2011, 12:32 PM
id still take RG3 over Tannehill..

AntoinCD
10-29-2011, 12:32 PM

Tannehill's good though.

Yeah that is the most annoying phrase around and it's not even close!!!

Still thinking he's a second rounder or at best someone trades to the back of the first for him

RaiderNation
10-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd take Barkley, Jones and RG3 over him.

DraftSavant
10-29-2011, 12:47 PM
id still take RG3 over Tannehill..

I love RGIII's upside as much as anyone, but he needs a LOT of work. I really don't like his habit of dropping his eyes to look at the rush when he moves and resets.

And sorry for the superlative. "Not even close" in my opinion/personal rankings.

Dro
10-29-2011, 12:57 PM
i believe that RG3 has better accuracy and a stronger arm than Tannehill.. both are tailormade for my skins system though.

thegreatone
10-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Who does he compare to in the NFL?

vidae
10-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I really like Tannehill, and he has only played QB for a single year. There is some upside there.

FUNBUNCHER
10-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I love RGIII's upside as much as anyone, but he needs a LOT of work. I really don't like his habit of dropping his eyes to look at the rush when he moves and resets.

And sorry for the superlative. "Not even close" in my opinion/personal rankings.

Whatever. It's kind of cliche, but it's just draft vernacular. You think Tannehill is the clear cut 2nd best QB available in the 2012 draft which is thread worthy and a good point to debate.

One of the guys who wasn't among the known top prospects, (Luck/Barkley/Jones/RGIII) was going to break up the party at the top of the draft.

I like his mobility and his tools, but as a Skins fan I hope he doesn't rise too high pre-draft.
I thought Luck was the 1/1 pick, Barkley was top 5, and Landry Jones and RGIII would be gone in the top 12.

But if Tannehill holds with DraftSavant's early opinion on him, he probably won't be there after the top 10 picks and instead another one of the name guys is likely to fall.

BTW I think the obvious guy to drop will be Landry Jones, maybe not out of the 1st round but he's least likely IMO to be taken among the top 3 QBs.

Everything I hear about Tannehill thus far has been positive and the only real negative is lack of starting experience.

Don't know if he can move past Barkley to the lock #2 QB, but we all know things happen during predraft.

Big Bird
10-29-2011, 02:59 PM
So, he'll end his career with 19 college starts at quarterback.

Cam Newton is the exception, not the rule.

Just ask Akili Smith what it's like to have all the tools, but very little experience at the quarterback position coming out of college...

Babylon
10-29-2011, 03:09 PM
So, he'll end his career with 19 college starts at quarterback.

Cam Newton is the exception, not the rule.

Just ask Akili Smith what it's like to have all the tools, but very little experience at the quarterback position coming out of college...

Mark Sanchez had all of 16 starts so it isnt a hard fast rule.

BRAVEHEART
10-29-2011, 03:10 PM
....and it's not even close.

tjsunstein
10-29-2011, 03:16 PM
He's no where near my top 3, and it's not even close.

BeerBaron
10-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Hahaha, nooooo...

Tannehill is NOT the #2 QB and THAT isn't even close.

Big Bird
10-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Mark Sanchez had all of 16 starts so it isnt a hard fast rule.
And he has struggled mightily, so you only help to reinforce my statement.

GaMeTiMe
10-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Tannehill has plenty of upside and it's just obvious and blatant. If he wasn't a converted receiver no one would be as excited about him, because it's just a built-in "needs time to develop" excuse for anything he does. It is true a good amount of the time, but I don't think it warrants a top 20 pick and hardly at the end of the 1st

Babylon
10-29-2011, 06:54 PM
And he has struggled mightily, so you only help to reinforce my statement.

The original topic is whether Tannehill is the second best player at that postion not whether he'll be a good pro or not. In the context of Smith going 3rd in the draft and Sanchez 5th i dont think your point is made.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Tannehill's awesome. As of right now I have it:

1. Luck
2. RGIII
3. Tannehill
4. Barkley

niel89
10-29-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure if it's not even close, but Tannehill is better and more productive than those of other QBs.

BeerBaron
10-29-2011, 06:58 PM
I want to be a GM in a league with you guys where take Griffin and Tannehill over Barkely. It would be like me being the Patriots and every other team being the Raiders.

I bet you'd all have Brandon Whedon up high too if he wasn't so old.

Babylon
10-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure if it's not even close, but Tannehill is better and more productive than those of other QBs.

I cant really get excited about Big-12 stats to be honest. He does look good when you watch him but his lack of experience, i think, will knock him down some.

You were excluding Luck, i presume, when you said better than those others, right?

BeerBaron
10-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I cant really get excited about Big-12 stats to be honest. He does look good when you watch him but his lack of experience, i think, will knock him down some.

You were excluding Luck, i presume, when you said better than those others, right?

The Big 12 balloons productivity. Kansas will put up 400 yards and lose by 30.

No one (literally) is more productive than Case Keenum, and he's going to be a late round pick who bounces around a few years as a camp arm then will be out of football. (Or in the CFL or AFL, but that may be a fate worse than death.)

Productivity is a relative term.

Babylon
10-29-2011, 07:08 PM
The Big 12 balloons productivity. Kansas will put up 400 yards and lose by 30.

No one (literally) is more productive than Case Keenum, and he's going to be a late round pick who bounces around a few years as a camp arm then will be out of football. (Or in the CFL or AFL, but that may be a fate worse than death.)

Productivity is a relative term.

They have to be worst conferance in America against the pass and it isnt even close.

niel89
10-29-2011, 07:12 PM
I just wanted to say "better and more productive"

TACKLE
11-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Other than more starting experience, can someone tell me what makes Blaine Gabbert a superior prospect to Tannehill? Thanks.

Caulibflower
11-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Who does he compare to in the NFL?

Maybe Joe Flacco, if you took a bit of the arm strength and turned it into running ability. Skill-wise.

Razor
11-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Not sure that he's the second best QB in this class, but he's not far away imo. As of right now:

Luck
Jones
Tannehill
Barkley
RGIII

TACKLE
11-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Go to 3:18 in the video...love, love this play

yNcKHOJP-NQ

-Running back is his first read.
-He steps up and works to his 2nd read
-Pumps the ball to move the LB out of the way of the deep dig in behind.
-Steps up again in the pocket and resets his feet.
-Drives the ball into a tight window 20 yards downfield against great coverage in the one spot the defender couldn't play it
-Stands tall despite taking a big hit as he releases the ball

For me, I have almost zero separation between he, Barkley and Landry. Who ranks where fluctuates on an almost daily basis. But the one reoccurring thought I keep having is, 5 years down the road, who has will be the best of those three. And because of his upside, Tannehill is usually the answer to that question.

Razor
11-05-2011, 06:55 AM
But the one reoccurring thought I keep having is, 5 years down the road, who has will be the best of those three. And because of his upside, Tannehill is usually the answer to that question.

This is what I think as well. Luck will probably never live up to the hype, Jones will be good, not great, and Barkley will be another Mark Sanchez. Luck is usually the answer when asked who will be the best QB in this class, but I feel like Tannehill could be an elite QB in the NFL.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Only person who could give Barkley a run for no. 2 is Jones. Tannehill ranks about 4 or 5 witg RGIII imo.

RaiderNation
11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Only person who could give Barkley a run for no. 2 is Jones. Tannehill ranks about 4 or 5 witg RGIII imo.

I tend to agree with this statement, Tannehill is a solid QB prospect but I don't see any elite attributes he has, compared to Luck and Barkley. I have Tannehill ranked 5th and is a boarder line late 1st round pick. There are a lot of QB needy teams though and he could end up like a Christian Ponder and be drafted earlier than what his value is worth.

descendency
11-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Barkley isn't declaring because he could come back and win a national championship. (Talent is there, will finally be off probation too)

Plus, he'll be #1 overall next year.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Go to 3:18 in the video...love, love this play

yNcKHOJP-NQ

-Running back is his first read.
-He steps up and works to his 2nd read
-Pumps the ball to move the LB out of the way of the deep dig in behind.
-Steps up again in the pocket and resets his feet.
-Drives the ball into a tight window 20 yards downfield against great coverage in the one spot the defender couldn't play it
-Stands tall despite taking a big hit as he releases the ball

For me, I have almost zero separation between he, Barkley and Landry. Who ranks where fluctuates on an almost daily basis. But the one reoccurring thought I keep having is, 5 years down the road, who has will be the best of those three. And because of his upside, Tannehill is usually the answer to that question.

Love the throw at 5:00.

Saints-Tigers
11-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't see elite tools in Barkley.... I like him better than Sanchez, but not as much as I did Leinart... haha.

So yea.

TACKLE
11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Tannehill is off to a rough start vs. OU. Let's see how he responds.

descendency
11-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't see elite tools in Barkley.... I like him better than Sanchez, but not as much as I did Leinart... haha.

So yea.

His tools are so obviously better than Leinarts.

Lol @ Tannehill. His play action is trash. His accuracy is trash. His progressions are sub par. I still can't believe anyone thinks this guy is anything but another Pat Devlin.

ElectricEye
11-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Lol @ Tannehill. His play action is trash. His accuracy is trash. His progressions are sub par. I still can't believe anyone thinks this guy is anything but another Pat Devlin.

Pat Devlin wishes he had half of the natural ability Tannehill does.

He might not be a first round pick, but he's an extremely draftable quarterback because of what he brings to the table in terms of tools and upside. Shaky day so far, but that play was pretty damn good.

Big Bird
11-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I hope the Tannehill hype train has officially derailed.

Since people seemed to dislike my Kyle Boller comparison, I have another. Chad Henne with athletic ability. Big arm and for Tannehill, nice athletic ability, but it all pretty much ends there. Inaccurate, poor decision-makers, and struggle with pressure.

I don't care how strong his arm is because he is very raw. I don't see the natural accuracy either to be a top flight starter at the next level. Tannehill is heading to an NFL career of obscurity.

Razor
11-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Why should any one jump off the "hype train" after this game? Sure, it wasn't pretty. But Fuller has been awful all day, and one of his INTs came off a tipped pass. Tannehill has every tool you look for in a QB, he just needs experience and refinement. I really would like the Redskins to pick him just to see what Shanny can do with him. He could be elite. He has had two TDs dropped today, I'm not going to hold this game against him.

Big Bird
11-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Why should any one jump off the "hype train" after this game? Sure, it wasn't pretty. But Fuller has been awful all day, and one of his INTs came off a tipped pass. Tannehill has every tool you look for in a QB, he just needs experience and refinement. I really would like the Redskins to pick him just to see what Shanny can do with him. He could be elite. He has had two TDs dropped today, I'm not going to hold this game against him.
I've been against this guy as a 1st Rounder from day one.

People should be off him already, I'm just hoping this game is the end all, be all. In 6 games against ranked teams, Tannehill has 7 TD's to 12 INT's (including today). The guy can't even complete 50% of his passes today.

This is a franchise QB? A guy who struggles mightily against the top teams? He is going to be 2-4 against ranked teams at the end of today, and those two wins weren't because of him, just because he found a way not to blow those ones.

He will be a nobody in the NFL. You people keep saying he has to 'refine' some things and whatever bs you can pull out to cover up for his obvious flaws. The guy's inaccuracy doesn't stem just from his shotty footwork, he is just simply naturally inaccurate in my opinion.

Keep playing the blame card for this guy but I'm warning you, it's just going to make you look stupid in the end.

RaiderNation
11-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Barkley isn't declaring because he could come back and win a national championship. (Talent is there, will finally be off probation too)

Plus, he'll be #1 overall next year.

That's a real possibility, and I'd bet he would stay if I had to. I think if Seattle ends up getting a top 5 pick he could declare hoping he gets reunited with Pete Carrol.

FUNBUNCHER
11-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Tannehill hasn't started two seasons in college at QB. To look at him now and totally write him off as a has-been/never was in the NFL is hasty IMO.

Maybe he's not a top 15 pick, but I still see him going in the first round.
He's got prototypical tools and his upside is high.

Mike SHerman's insight into Tannehill when he talks to NFL scouts privately will play a huge role IMO where he's drafted.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 06:59 PM
That's a real possibility, and I'd bet he would stay if I had to. I think if Seattle ends up getting a top 5 pick he could declare hoping he gets reunited with Pete Carrol.

I think he stays as well. Just too many incentives...possible #1 next year...suspension is lifted...USC has talent.

DraftSavant
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I have no problem admitting that I jumped the gun with this one. Although, I will say that I still love his skillset and upside.

Like Tackle said, if Blaine Gabbert can go 10th overall (and Jake Locker 8th), there's no reason why Tannehill can't go somewhere in the late 1st.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I have no problem admitting that I jumped the gun with this one. Although, I will say that I still love his skillset and upside.

Like Tackle said, if Blaine Gabbert can go 10th overall (and Jake Locker 8th), there's no reason why Tannehill can't go somewhere in the late 1st.

And there it is. The reason to love Tannehill is where he can be in a few years, not just where he is now.

Jack203
11-05-2011, 08:23 PM
He's trending downward no doubt. He'll need a great combine to get anywhere near the 1st round.

TACKLE
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM
He's trending downward no doubt. He'll need a great combine to get anywhere near the 1st round.

I expect him to blow-up his workouts.

SolidGold
11-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I've been against this guy as a 1st Rounder from day one.

People should be off him already, I'm just hoping this game is the end all, be all. In 6 games against ranked teams, Tannehill has 7 TD's to 12 INT's (including today). The guy can't even complete 50% of his passes today.

This is a franchise QB? A guy who struggles mightily against the top teams? He is going to be 2-4 against ranked teams at the end of today, and those two wins weren't because of him, just because he found a way not to blow those ones.

He will be a nobody in the NFL. You people keep saying he has to 'refine' some things and whatever bs you can pull out to cover up for his obvious flaws. The guy's inaccuracy doesn't stem just from his shotty footwork, he is just simply naturally inaccurate in my opinion.

Keep playing the blame card for this guy but I'm warning you, it's just going to make you look stupid in the end.

A&M's defense is terrible. They have blown quite a few double digit leads in the second half. Can't really blame that on him.

Jack203
11-06-2011, 08:07 AM
I expect him to blow-up his workouts.

Good or bad?

FUNBUNCHER
11-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Good or bad?

I think he means Tannehill has the potential to test like a WR at the combine in the speed/agility/explosion drills.

Brent
11-06-2011, 08:40 AM
aren't you the guy that claimed to have insider info on Kaepernick, and that he was a lock for round one?

Shane P. Hallam
11-06-2011, 09:22 AM
He was:

I have some info on CK, and I can almost guarantee he goes 1st Round. I know two teams that love him, and I'm pretty positive one team will certainly take him.

Anyway, Tannehill's projection is more about the upside he brings and what he CAN be. With his progression right now, he isn't a first rounder, but he CAN be a franchise QB, which could allow him to sneak in the first.

SolidGold
11-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I would take Tannehill over CK any day of the week. I would venture to say Tannehill gets picked before pick 45 in the 2012 draft.

Big Bird
11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
aren't you the guy that claimed to have insider info on Kaepernick, and that he was a lock for round one?
I was. Not sure what that has to do with anything, given that wasn't an analysis of CK whatsoever.

It turns out three teams loved him (49ers ended up drafting him, he was 2nd on the Seahawks board of remaining players at their pick, and the Raiders were pushing strong to move up ahead of the 49ers in the 2nd, even into the 1st, to lock up CK). He ended up going early 2nd, four picks after the 1st. That was a lot higher than most projected him to be taken, and I was pretty close to it.

EDIT: And note that I said "Almost guarantee." Unlike some idiots, I'm not a pompous d-bag who claims to be all knowing. I had some reliable information, and it turned out to be almost very accurate.

Big Bird
11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
A&M's defense is terrible. They have blown quite a few double digit leads in the second half. Can't really blame that on him.
They are, but again, not completely their fault either. You can't ignore the fact that Tannehill's 2nd half stats this season consist of a 59.6%, 7 Passing TD's, to 6 INT's, or that he has 5 INT's on 3rd Downs this season (2nd most in the nation).

PossibleCabbage
11-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I think the thing to keep in mind about Tannehill is that not only do scouts love his upside, they love the fact that basically all of his flaws as a quarterback are correctable. His success (or not) as an NFL player is going to depend almost entirely on what sort of situation he lands in, so it's hard to go one way or the other before he gets drafted, but there's a lot to like about him.

He's definitely in the tier of "not-top-tier guys who can still be your franchise QB given a few years" and that's not a terrible place to be, since "Franchise QB" is just about the most valuable thing in football.

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I think a team like Dallas could trade down for him. Let him develop behind Romo. Washington seems like a good fit as well, but they'd probably have to go with a solid veteran QB that';d come available.

TACKLE
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I think he means Tannehill has the potential to test like a WR at the combine in the speed/agility/explosion drills.

That and I think he's going to impress people with how well he throws the ball.

On a related note, I can't wait to watch him at Senior Bowl.

RaiderNation
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I have him going to Cleveland with their pick from Atlanta. Still rated as the 5th QB, but I don't expect Luck/Barkley/Jones/Griffin all to declare so he will rise. He's the only one of those 5 that gets to play at the Senior Bowl as well, which will surely help him stock.

KCStud
11-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't see why people like him so much as a first rounder? Tannehill is the most overrated QB in this draft IMO.

He's not a leader. In other words, he can't lead his team to finish games. Just look at what he's done in the 2nd half against good teams, especially the 3 games A&M blew.

Their offense was shut down in the 2nd half against OSU, Arkansas and Missouri and they were winning by 11 or more points in each of those games at halftime.

The only thing Tannehill has shown me is he can't do anything to good teams in the 2nd half.

PossibleCabbage
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Just look at what he's done in the 2nd half against good teams, especially the 3 games A&M blew.

A&M was blowing games late before Tannehill, A&M will continue to blow games late after Tannehill. I think it has as much to do with Mike Sherman as it does with anybody on the team.

I mean, the Packers teams he coached were prone to blowing games late, and they had an NFL Hall of Famer at QB.

SolidGold
11-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Again with A&M blowing second half leads - that has more to do with having the worst defense in D-1. Sure he has thrown some second half INTs but I know a few of those were deflections and not the result of a bad decision on his part (the INT vs OSU on the pass he threw to Fuller comes to mind) A good defense can protect a double digit lead, A&M is unable to due this. The only game this year Tannehill played bad in was last week vs Oklahoma.

I have to agree with PossibleCabbage - the coach is to blame more than anyone and than the defense. Tannehill and the offense have produced and put up points.

Big Bird
11-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Again with A&M blowing second half leads - that has more to do with having the worst defense in D-1. Sure he has thrown some second half INTs but I know a few of those were deflections and not the result of a bad decision on his part (the INT vs OSU on the pass he threw to Fuller comes to mind) A good defense can protect a double digit lead, A&M is unable to due this. The only game this year Tannehill played bad in was last week vs Oklahoma.

I have to agree with PossibleCabbage - the coach is to blame more than anyone and than the defense. Tannehill and the offense have produced and put up points.
He threw 3 2nd Half INT's against Oklahoma State. Two of them were completly his fault. He forced a terrible pass into triple coverage that resulted in the pick, and the last INT that sealed the game, just a completely inaccurate ball where Fuller was running a 15-yard stop route, the Corner was playing inside shade before the snap, but Tannehill threw it to Fuller on the inside shoulder when it should have been outside. The play almost resulted in no INT because Fuller made such a great play to jump in front of the corner to break it up, but it tipped to another Corner who was standing there.

Again, this is Tannehill supporters just turning a blind eye. It's just pathetic that you completely ignore the entire 2nd half of a game against Oklahoma State where A&M put up only 9 points after scoring 20 in the 1st Half. You know why that happened? Basically all because of Tannehill's 3 INT's, 2 of which were COMPLETELY his fault due to poor decision-making and poor accuray. If you're actually willing to deny those 2 picks were his fault, then again, that's just pathetic how far you're willing to go to defend this guy.

Keep defending your lover boy Tannehill homers. He will be a nobody in the NFL.

SolidGold
11-08-2011, 09:23 AM
He threw 3 2nd Half INT's against Oklahoma State. Two of them were completly his fault. He forced a terrible pass into triple coverage that resulted in the pick, and the last INT that sealed the game, just a completely inaccurate ball where Fuller was running a 15-yard stop route, the Corner was playing inside shade before the snap, but Tannehill threw it to Fuller on the inside shoulder when it should have been outside. The play almost resulted in no INT because Fuller made such a great play to jump in front of the corner to break it up, but it tipped to another Corner who was standing there.

Again, this is Tannehill supporters just turning a blind eye. It's just pathetic that you completely ignore the entire 2nd half of a game against Oklahoma State where A&M put up only 9 points after scoring 20 in the 1st Half. You know why that happened? Basically all because of Tannehill's 3 INT's, 2 of which were COMPLETELY his fault due to poor decision-making and poor accuray. If you're actually willing to deny those 2 picks were his fault, then again, that's just pathetic how far you're willing to go to defend this guy.

I'm not turning a blind eye. You have valid points. You are writing him off already though, coming off as a pompous know it all.

As a prospect he has all the measurables NFL scouts look for. He is still a work in progress, he has a season of QB play under his belt. It just seems you keep harping on Tannehill for not producing in the second half and don't really put any blame on the worst defense in Div-1 for giving up double digit leads or the head coach.

Big Bird
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not turning a blind eye. You have valid points. You are writing him off already though, coming off as a pompous know it all.

As a prospect he has all the measurables NFL scouts look for. He is still a work in progress, he has a season of QB play under his belt. It just seems you keep harping on Tannehill for not producing in the second half and don't really put any blame on the worst defense in Div-1 for giving up double digit leads or the head coach.
I acknowledged they were bad earlier but I also acknowledged it's not completely the Defense or Sherman's fault. This whole team is a mess in the 2nd half, and that's Tannehill's fault as well, specifically an Oklahoma State game that featured 3 Tannehill INT's.

FUNBUNCHER
11-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Tannehill is raw, but it's not like he's a poor leader. He's only started one full season and I expect him to improve as a pro.
Should A&M and Tannehill have beaten OK State?? I dunno.

There are 32 picks in the first round, not 15. I just don't see the guy sliding that much because of need, but I guess it's possible.

KCStud
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM

Texas A&M's points scored in the second half vs good teams (including 4 blown games)

vs OSU-9 pts
vs ARK-3 pts
vs BAYLOR-31 pts (only good game)
vs MU-3 pts
vs OU-15 pts

Blame it on the coach. Blame it on the defense. But when your team is in a close game in the 2nd half, you must score points or you lose...like TAMU did.

If I'm a GM, I don't pick a QB that didn't have much experience and wasn't been very impressive in the time he did play in college.

Brown Leader
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM

WR McNeal did have a huge fumble and two big drops in the second half that probably kept points of the board. But I'd say the last two second half ints are an example of the only weakness in Tannehill's game besides experience-because his accuracy and ball placement is generally spot on. The weakness is he's not a good improvisational guy and in clutch situations you need this ability to pull out games. But part of his upside is that he has the mobility and arm to physically do this it's just a question of whether or not he'll become more assertive when he needs to be.