PDA

View Full Version : How Weak Does The QB Class Get if Barkley and Griffin return

CMR#20
10-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I have been thinking about it and I believe that this class will get really weak if both Matt Barkley and Robert Griffin III return. Barkley wants to talk to his family and make the best "business" decision and Griffin may be leaning towards returning at this point.

This may sound crazy, but if Barkley and Griffin both return I see someone like Tyler Wilson leaving a year early rising up boards because the NFL Draft Advisory Committee may have Wilson graded higher than Tannehill.

bucfan12
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
In my opinion, even if they don't return, these two QBs are questiobale when it comes to elite types of QBs.

I don't like Griffin as an NFL QB. And I don't think he'll declare.

Barkely looks like a solid starter. Won't wow you but can be a 2nd tier QB at the next level. Nothing he does screams elite QB to me.

Tanehill is probably the 2nd best QB in this draft when it comes to terms of potential, even with Barkely in this class.

FUNBUNCHER
10-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Isn't USC on probation still in 2012?? If I had to bet, Barkley is gone.

RGIII just needs to hear he's going to have a 1st round grade and he's out too.
It's not like any of these guys is going to get a $50 mil guaranteed contract for staying because of the rookie salary cap, so if they're going to be top 20 picks why stay??

RaiderNation
10-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Not all the QB's will come out, espcially with Luck being the clear #1 guy. If I had to predict I'd say Griffin and Barkley will stay in school, while Landry Jones will opt to go into the draft. Jones will be a top 10 pick if this happens since the need for a QB is high. I could also see a Senior QB rise up into a top 20 pick, maybe a guy like Tannehill or Foles will impress at the Senior Bowl.

I still have Barkley as my #2 QB though, and I expect a big night from him against Stanford. Both Luck and Barkley will look like NFL QB's tonight.