PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

RaiderNation
10-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Came into today's game against Florida with 4 sacks, and now adds 4 more after his performance today. At 6'3 245lbs, he has shown he has the edge speed to get to the QB and has looked very impressive over the last 4 games. Despite being a redshirt Sophomore, he can enter the draft and maybe be a late 1st round pick The 3-4 OLB prospects for this years draft is weak, so watch out for him to rise the boards.

BRAVEHEART
10-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Good performance, but he will be a tad overrated now because of it. The QB he was going against literally would fall over once pressure got close to him (due to previous injury).

RCSooner
10-30-2011, 02:13 PM
He needs another year to develop. Florida's putrid offensive line certainly doesn't help matters.

georgiafan
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
This is his first year starting as he is a transfer from USC bc of health reasons so I think he would need another year of college before he left. He was suppose to be a playmaker and so far has lived up to it.

Halsey
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Yep, he seems like a guy who is likely to return to UGA next year because it'll give him another year of development and another year removed from his neck injury. NFL teams will likely be more comfortable investing in him if he's played two years of college football since his neck injury. Then again, he might just decide to go pro after this year and not risk getting injured in college again. The safe money seems to be on him returning, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him declare.

georgiafan
11-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Jones keeps on playing well and is up to 16.5 TFL and 10 sacks. He acts like he is coming back next year but you never know this early on.

Punisher
11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Jones keeps on playing well and is up to 16.5 TFL and 10 sacks. He acts like he is coming back next year but you never know this early on.

Ugh, the USC medical staff has some explaining to do. :(

socentre44
11-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Ugh, the USC medical staff has some explaining to do. :(

lol. I don't know if it's the medical staff or the legal department (school is very sensitive to legal liability due to being a private institution) that is the blame. SC is notoriously conservative with their medical evaluations.

I'm glad Jones is doing well but I do agree he'll need another year to show his neck can hold up. I don't think SC ever cleared him to play football so that is a possible overhang for his draft prospects.

georgiafan
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
lol. I don't know if it's the medical staff or the legal department (school is very sensitive to legal liability due to being a private institution) that is the blame. SC is notoriously conservative with their medical evaluations.

I'm glad Jones is doing well but I do agree he'll need another year to show his neck can hold up. I don't think SC ever cleared him to play football so that is a possible overhang for his draft prospects.

or he could take the other way and be afraid he will get hurt again and leave even though the inj past will prevent him from being a 1st round pick.

georgiafan
11-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Final stat line vs kentucky today

5 Solos
2 Assists
2.5 Sacks
1 Forced Fumble
1 Pass Break up

Halsey
11-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Quotes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution from Jarvis Jones following Kentucky Game:

Ive got a long time left around here, said Jones, playing his first year at outside linebacker after transferring from USC. I am definitely coming back. Like Ive said before, Ive got a great coach and our whole defense is coming back next year. So why would I mess that up?

Im telling you, Jones said with conviction, our whole defense is coming back next year.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/uga-notes-jarvis-jones-1233708.html