PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Brown, LB, Illinois

bigbenn
10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Is it too early to be talking about him? He's only a true sophomore and he's 6'0, 240 pounds. He doesn't have eye popping measurables but he's better than people realize and on top of that, he's just a hell of a LB. I think he will be making a lot of noise for the remainder of his career as an Illini and in the future, the NFL.

ChiFan24
10-30-2011, 03:58 PM
And he's good at nutshotting Northwestern O-lineman for no reason.

marshallb
10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
And he's good at nutshotting Northwestern O-lineman for no reason.

So, you're saying that he's got a bit of Brian Robison in him?

I just watched the video of what you were talking about, somehow I hadn't seen it before, and I gotta say that I love how he looks to see whether or not the ref is looking before he does it, then tries to walk off nonchalantly.

bucfan12
10-30-2011, 09:28 PM
I think some fan busted a nut over his play against Penn State's horrific offense.

ChiFan24
10-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Well he's definitely a good linebacker; he was the best player on the field against Arizona State earlier this year. But as far as I can tell, he's a pretty crappy person.

bigbenn
10-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Well he's definitely a good linebacker; he was the best player on the field against Arizona State earlier this year. But as far as I can tell, he's a pretty crappy person.

I don't think he's a bad person. What wasn't shown is how that NW OT was cheap shotting the Illini all day including that last extra push before Brown hit him in the nuts. It was a terrible move, but from all accounts he's a great person. He just has a short temper which for a LB is a good thing. I haven't seen a LB better all year and that includes Burfict, OSU's LB's, PSU's LB's, etc.