PDA

View Full Version : Giants at Dallas first Sunday Night Game

Jughead10
03-26-2007, 09:50 AM
It looks like we are in the first NBC Sunday game again. Hopefully we can match what we did last year in Dallas.

bigbluedefense
03-26-2007, 10:05 AM
We're at a disadvantage. They have a new coaching staff and new playbooks. They'll know us, but we won't know them. I wouldve liked to play them after a couple of weeks when we can get some gametape on em. Plus, we're on the road.

Right now, I say Dallas has a big advantage on us in that game.

Go_Eli
03-26-2007, 10:08 AM
We're at a disadvantage. They have a new coaching staff and new playbooks. They'll know us, but we won't know them. I wouldve liked to play them after a couple of weeks when we can get some gametape on em. Plus, we're on the road.

But at the same time, the Giants have a new DC and a "new" OC. Could be good, but could be bad.

Jughead10
03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Neither team has finished forming out their roster yet. The only advantage the Cowboys have right now is being home. Either way, its a nice way to kick off the prime time games.

moc182
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Yea, I'm not too happy about playing them week 1 either, plus waiting all day for the game last year was torture.

Go_Eli
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I actually don't mind playing them week 1. Get rid of the rivals while still healthy.

Number 10
03-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Eli plays well against the Cowboys

NY+Giants=NYG
03-26-2007, 10:49 AM

Same with them.. New staff and new HC.. And now we have tape on Romo, or enough tape to see how he did good, and how did poorly, and what we need to do to stop him.

GiantRutgersFan
03-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Yea, I'm not too happy about playing them week 1 either, plus waiting all day for the game last year was torture.

yea that really was torture sitting around all day watching the other games and waiting.

But I am pumped for this game.

we might not know all their plays, but who knows how thier execution is gonna be???

is there a complete schedule out (not just teams, but order as well)

Jughead10
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I think the complete schedule comes out April 5th. I just found this bit of news in Peter King's weekly Monday column. He says they are gonna announce this game later this afternoon. I trust him. He is legit.

Forenci
03-26-2007, 04:06 PM
While not knowing their playbook is an advantage for Dallas, it is also in the same sense, a bonus for us that should cancel each other out. The Doughboys must learn a new play book over the course of one off-season and put it to use in the first week against a rival.

Learning most new playbooks and playing schemes can take years for most players. That is to say, it takes years to completely memorize it as a player and get the most out of it. Especially at quarterback. Learning a new system as Tony Romo might be difficult because he's really only known one for his time with the Cowboys.

That and in the one and a half games last year, Tony Romo did not play well against us in both games last year. I think the Giants may have his number all game long if we blitz heavy as expected.

I think I cried laughing so hard when he threw that interception to Fred Robbins.

hugegmenfan
03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Im worried about the cowboys this year truthfully. If romo plays well they r a superbowl team, i think. Switching to the 3-4 will help exhibit their defense a lot more and this will be a tough win for us whether in Dallas or even home.
We have to play very well to win this game. Coughlin has to come out with at least a semi-bang to prove to giants fans something.

dhoe20
03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
New York Giants, America's Team.

D-Unit
03-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm always cautious heading into a game against you guys. Every year I hope to split games with you. For some reason or another I always get the feeling that we both will win our away games with each other. I know home field means a lot, but between us it's different.

I think that you guys actually have a distinct advantage over us in team chemistry and system familiarity. The main components of your team have been together for a good amount of time now and I don't think Eli's career has plateaued yet by any means. The guy is a married man now... or soon to be... so he's really buckling down. Although you have some new coordinators, it'll be a much bigger adjustment for us with a new HC, new OC and new DC. First game into it, I don't really love our chances. I expect this year to be an adjustment year for the Cowboys. We have new systems and young developing players at our key positions. Chemistry is still in the making in Dallas. I'm hoping this year is used to get our players more familiar with each other's playing styles, to get our players familiar with the systems and hopefully we can get a playoff birth. If we put together a season similar to the Saints last year, that's about as good as I can realistically hope for... and on the other hand, it could get bad. Winning 7-8 games would be bad.

I would guess that you guys win Game 1 by 10 points or more.

GiantRutgersFan
03-27-2007, 10:24 PM
I also think that we should probably win this game. Eli plays very well vs the Cowboys (and well against the division in general)

I think playing in Dallas week 1 is an advantage for us, although I would like a game vs Detriot or something to be 100% sure we start off on the right foot

D-Unit
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
I also think that we should probably win this game. Eli plays very well vs the Cowboys (and well against the division in general)

I think playing in Dallas week 1 is an advantage for us, although I would like a game vs Detriot or something to be 100% sure we start off on the right foot
Haha... I would've thought the same thing... but DOH! Detroit smashed us last year! LMAO!

dhoe20
03-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Haha... I would've thought the same thing... but DOH! Detroit smashed us last year! LMAO!

Yeah, and I always get nervous when the Giants play bad teams...They've blown some games in the past.

bigbluedefense
03-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I fear for Eli's safety. You know Phillips brings pressure from everywhere, and our offensive line situation is shoddy right now. Diehl/Whimper blocking Ware off the edge? Not a good thing. Plus, we still don't know if Jacobs can be an everydown back. Or if Toomer can recover. Oh by the way, Couglin won't adjust his playbook at all, so the same issues we had last year will be here again this year. So yeah...basically, my main issues is our offense vs their defense.

As far as them learning a new offensive playbook. They already said theyre running essentially the same 2 TE offense. So thats a wash. I think our defense can match up well with their offense, so Im not too concerned about that.

My main issues, is we're on the road, and our offense vs their defense. Can our oline as is right now block them? I don't know...

Eli is gonna have to pick their secondary apart. Phillips leaves his DBs for dead, so if we can just isolate Roy Williams and pick on him, we'll be ok. But thats easier said than done.

Jughead10
03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
I dunno, our O-line held up pretty well against Phillips defense in '05. The same line minus Luke of course but that is something we will have to deal with all year. Eli also had a pretty good game in San Diego which I guarantee was WAY more of a hostile environment than he will see in Dallas opening weekend.