PDA

View Full Version : Strahan

liquidswords
03-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I saw this on PFT:

STRAHAN HOLDOUT COMING?

A league source tells us that the New York Giants are bracing for a possible training camp holdout from defensive end Michael Strahan.

Per the source, Strahan wants more money from the team, or a chance to be traded to another team who will give it to him.

Strahan is due to earn $4 million this year and $4 million in 2008, the final two seasons of his deal. He'll be 37 when he becomes a free agent in 2009.

Earlier this year, Strahan was ordered to pay $15 million in after-tax dollars to his ex-wife pursuant to the terms of a prenuptial agreement. He has paid $8.5 million of it, and recently was permitted to hold the remaining $6.5 million while an appellate court considers the judge's ruling.

I say let him go and let Kiwi and Tuck play. Sell him now while he still has a bit of value.

bigbluedefense
03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
PFT is a joke. They just make junk up.

GiantRutgersFan
03-26-2007, 10:49 AM
IF this is true, I would seek a trade. for a 2nd rounder and 4th rounder, I would consider it if he is indeed whining...

NY+Giants=NYG
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
IF this is true, I would seek a trade. for a 2nd rounder and 4th rounder, I would consider it if he is indeed whining...

No one would paid that for a damn near 40 year old who cant stay on the field. Also, they know that he wants to get paid because his slizzy too half. I would amazed if someone gave us a 2nd and 4th for him.

GiantRutgersFan
03-26-2007, 11:14 AM
No one would paid that for a damn near 40 year old who cant stay on the field. Also, they know that he wants to get paid because his slizzy too half. I would amazed if someone gave us a 2nd and 4th for him.

We just gotta talk to the Redskins, Raiders, or Texans lol.

But I think that is possible. Deon Branch got a first rounder. I think thats somewhat lofty expectations if the team has a high pick, but pick 45-64 and fourth is pretty reasonable imo.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-26-2007, 12:03 PM
We just gotta talk to the Redskins, Raiders, or Texans lol.

But I think that is possible. Deon Branch got a first rounder. I think thats somewhat lofty expectations if the team has a high pick, but pick 45-64 and fourth is pretty reasonable imo.

I dont know Branch isnt 36 almost 37 though. And Branch hasnt had 2/3 years injuried. So I have no clue what Gms are thinking but a 2nd and 4th sounds like Matt Millen area of incompetence.

eacantdraft
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
No one is going to trade for Michael Strahan who is on the wrong side of 30 and has been bothered by injuries 2 of the last 3 seasons.

Damix
03-26-2007, 01:58 PM
PFT is a joke. They just make junk up.

They actually get alot of stuff right. Remember they were the first to report our cuts