PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations Top 50 Big Board 10/31

RaiderNation
10-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Here is my updated big board, a few new names added to the list. I will release my mock draft sometime tomorrow once ESPN puts out their power rankings. Questions and comments are welcomed...

1 Andrew Luck QB Stanford*- An elite QB prospect that possess’ all the tools to be a franchise QB in the NFL, Luck was able to recover from a bad INT and lead Stanford to a big win over USC.

2 Matt Kalil OT USC*- The top OT prospect since 2008(Jake Long), Kalil has the look of a franchise LT and will protect a QB’s blindside at a Pro Bowl level.

3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama*- He may not be on the same level as Adrian Peterson or Darren McFadden as a prospect, but Richardson is worth a top 5 pick.

4 Morris Claiborne CB LSU*- Claiborne has looked as good as his former teammate Patrick Peterson from last year’s draft and is the top defensive player eligible.

5 Matt Barkley QB USC*- I am higher on Barkley then some, and he won’t be a bad consolation prize to the Luck sweepstakes.

6 Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*- He doesn’t have elite speed, but Blackmon has the talent to be a #1 WR in the NFL.

7 Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*- Martin has the look of a Pro Bowl caliber LT when you factor in his athleticism and size.

8 Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame- He has shined in Notre Dame’s offense this year and is now my #2 WR prospect in the draft.

9 Quinton Coples DE UNC- Some inconsistent play has hurt Coples stock, but I still view him as a legit top 10 selection.

10 Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*- Jeffery has all the potential in the world, but questions of his speed and conditioning could hurt his stock by April.

11 Riley Reiff OT Iowa*- Another talented OT prospect that projects as a potential LT or RT in the NFL.

12 Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*- A rangy CB that possess good size and potentially a shutdown CB in the NFL.

13 David DeCastro OL Stanford*- It’s rare to see a OG keep this type of ranking, but DeCastro definitely can be a multiple time Pro Bowler.

14 Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*- You cant deny Burfict’s athleticism and tenacity, but will he be able to keep his emotions under control?

15 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*- He isn’t the franchise QB prospect like some claim, but Jones has a similar value ranking as Blaine Gabbert from last year.

16 Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama- His character will hurt his stock, but Jenkins has the talent to be a difference-maker on defense.

17 Robert Griffin III QB Baylor*- Griffin has helped his stock the most of any prospect this year and could be a top 15 pick if he decides to declare.

18 Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina- Ingram is a rising prospect that has produced at a top level this year in the SEC.

19 Dontari Poe DT Memphis*- A massive DT prospect that has surprising athleticism and unlimited potential.

20 Zach Brown LB UNC- Another talented LB to come from UNC, Brown has blazing speed and could be a high pick by April.

21 Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State*- Jenkins has the look of a potential 3-4 OLB and will be valued highly by teams that need a pass rusher.

22 Manti Te’o LB Notre Dame*- Te’o has been a stud all 3 years at Notre Dame and looks to be 1st round pick when he wants to declare for the draft.

23 Alameda Ta’amu DT Washington- Another massive DT prospect that will be valued highly as a potential NT in the 3-4 defense.

24 Lamar Miller RB Miami**- Speedy RB that has exploded onto the scene this year for the Hurricanes.

25 Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*- A tackling machine from Boston College, Kuechly doesn’t have great athleticism but gets the job done.

26 Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama- An experienced OLB in the 3-4 defense, Upshaw is another pass rusher that will get his name called early in the draft.

27 TJ McDonald DB USC*- By far the top Safety prospect, McDonald has the bloodlines of a Pro Bowler.

28 Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*- Hosley is a playmaker in the secondary that has 3 Ints to go along with the 9 from the previous season.

29 Jared Crick DT Nebraska- His recent injury will hurt his stock, but Crick looks like a perfect fit in a 3-4 scheme at DE.

30 Peter Konz C Wisconsin*- I doubt he will declare since it is very rare Center enter the draft as Juniors, but Konz could be a Pro Bowl caliber player in the NFL.

31 Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska- He may not be the prospect Prince Amukamara was, but Dennard has 1st round talent.

32 Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*- Worthy has been a disappointment this year, but you can’t deny the talent he has when he tries.

33 Vinny Curry DE Marshall- Curry has been putting up monster stats the past 2 years, with 22.5 sacks, if he has a good combine he could rise up to be a top 20 pick.

34 Mike Adams OT Ohio State- An experienced OT, Adams projects as a LT and RT in the NFL.

35 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson*- By far the most talented TE in the draft, Allen could be drafted in the 1st round if he tests well at the combine.

36 Brandon Thompson DT Clemson- I’m not as high on Thompson as some, but he definitely has the talent to be a starter in the 4-3 and 3-4 schemes.

37 Cordy Glenn OL Georgia- A massive olinemen, Glenn projects to either RT or OG in the NFL and is a solid 2nd round pick.

38 Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma- Broyles doesn’t have elite size or speed, but he could be a perfect fit as a slot WR in a pass happy offense.

39 Mark Barron DB Alabama- Barron has improved from last year and has solidified himself as a 2nd round pick.

40 Mohamed Samu WR Rutgers*- Samu has the physical tools and speed to be a impact WR in the NFL, but we will see how he does against better competition.

41 Donta Hightower LB Alabama- I’m not buying the hype of a 1st round pick that some give Hightower, but he could be a great fit at ILB in the 3-4 scheme.

42 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M- At 6’4 225lbs, Tannehill may not have the experience some want, but he has looked impressive this year.

43 Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M- Fuller is underachieving this year, but if he can impress at the Senior bowl his stock could rise into the late 1st round.

44 Devon Still DT Penn State- Still’s stock is on the rise, and if he keeps it up he could be one of the top interior dlinemen in this weak class.

45 Chase Minnifield CB Virginia- Minnifield is a solid 2nd round pick and has the bloodlines of a starting caliber player.

46 Michael Brewster C Ohio State- Brewster projects as a starting caliber Center or OG in the NFL, and has nice size at 6’5 305lbs.

47 Chris Polk RB Washington*- Polk has be one of the bright spots on Washington this year, but he may want to stay in school since Richardson and Miller are far ahead as prospects.

48 Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina*- Gilmore’s stock has fallen quite a bit, but his potential is still there.

49 Nick Foles QB Arizona- Folk’s arm strength is his major question mark, but a team could fall in love if he plays at the Senior Bowl.

50 Andrew Datko OT Florida State- Before the injury Datko looked like a potential late 1st round pick, if he can be healthy enough to do workouts expect him to be a 2nd round pick.