PDA

View Full Version : Count Mockula will get you tonight!

D-Unit
10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3590/draculawall.jpg

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck QB Stanford
Their losses are waaaaay too obvious. Suck for Luck is in full force from top management all the way down to the players. They're all in it together. That's why there is no hot seat on Jim Caldwell.

2. Denver Broncos: Matt Barkley QB USC
I just don't think the Broncos can win any more games on the shoulders of Tim Tebow and the Broncos trading Brandon Lloyd showed me that they aren't interested in winning this year at all.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Kalil OT USC
Throwing all that cash at Larry Fitzgerald isn't making that big of a difference in the win column, is it... These birds are grounded because of the inefficiency of their OL. Kalil is an elite LT prospect who can help get the Cardinals in the air again.

4. Miami Dolphins: Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
The Dolphins management want a high pick, so they aren't firing Sparano. Instead, they're banking on him to keep on losing while having a weekly Sunday post game press conference that shows at least outwardly that they are "trying to win". What they're gonna do is find out the hard way that Sparano really does want to win, so the Fins will pull off a few surprising wins and won't finish with a Top 3 pick and will have to settle for Landry Jones who I think is a possible bust.

5. Minnesota Vikings: Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Martin showed holes in his pass protection skills against USC, but the big guy is still a top LT prospect and his run blocking skills are top notch. I can realistically see Martin in a Vikings jersey doing damage for the next decade.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Trent Richardson RB Alabama
Pete Carroll has done a good job of upgrading every position on offense except QB and RB. Without a worthy QB prospect here, the next position he'll fix is RB. Trent Richardson can single handedly bring legitimacy back to their offense as he is the type of workhorse RB that can carry them on his back.

7. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
The Browns are having a hard time kicking it out of 2nd gear. Adding another playmaker like Blackmon will start to make that team more dangerous. Blackmon's YAC skills make him the most attractive WR for thier West Coast offense.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
The inability to put points on the board are the cause of Jacksonville's struggles. Watching AJ Green and Andy Dalton make magic could be on the minds of the Jags front office as they try to pair Gabbert with a weapon of his own.

9. St. Louis Rams: Mercilus Whitney DE Illinois
The Rams aren't as bad as their currect record suggests, so I'm not giving them a Top 5 pick. They're not that great either, so I'm keeping them in the Top 10. Nobody is really talking about Mercilus Whitney right now, but I guarantee you they will. Spags will be all over him, if he gets a chance to add this pass rushing beast.

10. Tennessee Titans: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
The Titans can re-establish defensive front line dominance with the drafting of Dontari Poe. There are other needs that can be looked at, but I like the value vs need here with this pick.

11. Carolina Panthers: Morris Claiborne CB LSU
Claiborne went from no hype, to too much hype in a blink of an eye. The Panthers need to address CB, so if they can get a playmaker like Claiborne or Kirkpatrick, I suspect one of the two will be their pick.

12. Kansas City Chiefs: Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
All Ingram does is create havoc. The Chiefs have tried to improve thier pass rush through the years and have only come away with poor to mixed results. If Ingram can translate his game to the NFL, the Chiefs will be thrilled with this pick.

13. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin QB Baylor
Despite where they are picking, the Redskins really are getting better. Their defense is nasty. Their offense is nasty too, but not in a good way. I can see the Skins adding a dynamic playmaking QB like Griffin to their squad, unfortunately, I can see them ruining him too. They have a lot of issues on offense and they better develop him properly before rushing him in and expecting him to turn their team around in year 1.

14. New York Giants: Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
The G-Men will stumble across the next 6 games on their schedule (at least that's what I'm projecting here). But with that, they will find themselves with a pretty glamorous pick. With Burfict available here, I think the Giants will not wait long on the clock. Since Caughlin was able to have success with LaVarr Arrington, Burfict will be a breeze.

15. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland): Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Coples might have lost some fans this year, but he's still a very intriguing prospect as 6'6, 285 pound DEs with his graded measurables don't come along very often. The Bengals could use a boost in their pass rush since they've struggled to find a true sack artist.

16. Tampa Bay Bucaneers: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
The Bucs are a solid team, but a tough division has left them in the middle of the draft once again. Adding a WR the caliber of Floyd can take them from solid to spectacular. With Mike Williams and Michael Floyd playing wide and Arrelious Benn in the slot, Josh Freeman will have everything he needs to take this team to the next level.

17. Chicago Bears: Riley Reiff OT Iowa
The Bears needing OL help may sound like a draft day broken record, but here we are again and the same rings true. Landing Reiff here is a sound selection, but the Bears have other needs that could be addressed here as well.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
The Cowboys will consider OG and C options in Round 1, but if Dre is on the board, then I think it's more realistic to think Jerry will add a playmaker. Especially since Newman will have been cut by now. He was a cap cost of $10M in 2011 and his contract will still be a load in 2012 if they keep him. Don't expect that.

19. Cincinnati Bengals: Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
Hey, the Bengals do like 'em BIIIIIG! If they put Cordy Glenn next to the much improved Andre Smith, they could pave freeways for their RBs to run freely through. Things are looking up for the Bengals since they were able to trade Carson Palmer for valuable draft picks, but you can be sure they won't have the luxury of an easy schedule in 2012.

20. New York Jets: David DeCastro G Stanford
The Jets have had problems keeping Sanchez clean. Adding a mauler like DeCastro would go a long ways to getting that offense to live up to it's potential in both the passing game and the running game. Not the most sexy pick, but the Jets would be better off going with the sure thing than taking a gamble elsewhere.

21. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta): Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
D'Qwell Jackson is an UFA and he may follow Rob Ryan to Dallas where Bradie James and Keith Brooking are on the outs. The Browns will have many LB options to go to at this position in the draft and I think they could go for Manti Te'o who I don't rate as a Top 15 pick like many other mock drafters do.

22. Houston Texans: Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
The Texans may satisfy Wade Phillips if they can find a true NT to plug the middle of his defense. Phillips attempted to work around Jay Ratliff in Dallas and it ultimately cost him his job. In order for his defense to thrive, he needs to go back to what he had in San Diego with Jammal Williams.

23. San Diego Chargers: Vinny Curry OLB/DE Marshall
The Chargers struck out with Larry English, but that won't stop them from trying to fix their pressure attack. Curry has some attractive ability in that department and draft experts are already way onto him.

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Kuechley LB Boston College
The Eagles used their week 8 win against Dallas to turn their season around and I reflect that here with them finishing towards the end of the draft. Adding a tackling machine like Kuechley to their already loaded defense could be the final addition to a dominant defense in 2012 if everyone stays healthy.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams OT Ohio State
The Steelers should be thrilled if Mike Adams falls to them here. He has the ability to step in from Day 1 and improve what they had at the position in 2011. Adams is strong, has long arms, athleticism and a nasty streak to boot.

26. Detroit Lions: Alphonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
The Lions have shown that they will go BPA in the draft and Alphonzo Dennard has slipped too far. I don't see him falling past them here. They could use more help at that position.

27. Buffalo Bills: Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State
The Bills need to take the next step and add pass rushers to the defense that can wreak havoc in opponents backfields. They would do a favor for themselves by taking Brandon Jenkins here as he is part of the cream of the 2013 class of 3-4 OLBs.

28. San Francisco 49ers: Peter Konz C Wisconsin
Jim Harbaugh put the 49ers back on the map in 2011 and that resurgence is just the beginning. Their OL is a strength of the team, but C is a weak spot. Konz could deliver huge rewards for them as the Niners seek to stay on track.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
Ray Lewis is getting old and his replacement is not on the roster. There's not too many folks who could fill his shoes but at 6'4, 260, Hightower probably isn't that far off! The Ravens could go OL here and I almost gave them Kelechi Osemele.

30. New England Patriots (From New Orleans): Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
The Patriots should be thrilled to see Upshaw here. Belichick loves SEC linebackers so a trio of Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes and Courtney Upshaw would seem fitting. Ninkovich doesn't start for NFL teams with Super Bowl aspirations.

31. New England Patriots: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
Sad Chad didn't help the Patriots any in 2011. Sanu is the type of WR that Belichick could pride himself on drafting and developing. His upside is high and his ability to have a big impact from the start is high since he has good size and everything he touches sticks to his hands.

32. Green Bay Packers: Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
Packer fans probably want an OLB to play opposite of Clay Matthews but the reality of the situation is that the Packers are allowing 288 passing yards per game (as of Week 8) and that's good for 31st in the league.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Me Gusto Mucho, although personal bias Burfict on the Skins would be nastyy with Orakpo and Kerrigan, learn from London Fletcher for a year or two.

Hurricanes25
10-31-2011, 09:56 PM
David DeCastro is a great pick for the Jets. Your analysis is spot on as well.

bored of education
10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/773074/FU.gif

TACKLE
10-31-2011, 10:10 PM
A couple thoughts....

Whitney Mercilous is not nearly as good as his sack numbers would indicate and his not worth a Top 10 pick...especially to a team that has two young DE's that were both taken in the Top 15 including one which they took last year.

I love Dontari Poe but Tennessee's run D has been very strong this year and they have gotten significant contributions from rookies Jurrell Casey and Karl Klugg this year.

With Tamba and Justin Houston, I don't understand the KC pick much like mr.of education.

And for my Ravens, Hightower makes a lot of sense.

bored of education
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
A couple thoughts....

Whitney Mercilous is not nearly as good as his sack numbers would indicate and his not worth a Top 10 pick...especially to a team that has two young DE's that were both taken in the Top 15 including one which they took last year.

I love Dontari Poe but Tennessee's run D has been very strong this year and they have gotten significant contributions from rookies Jurrell Casey and Karl Klugg this year.

With Tamba and Justin Houston, I don't understand the KC pick much like mr.of education.

Fixed it for you sir

TACKLE
10-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Fixed it for you sir

thank you sir.

ChicagoBearsVet23
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Great Bears pick

phlysac
10-31-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm not hating the player, but I'd be frustrated if the 49ers insisted on using ANOTHER high pick on an O-Lineman. They just drafted two interior O-Linemen last draft who seem to figure into future plans and Chase Beeler, former Stanford Center is on the PS being told to add weight and he could be the future C.

:shrug:

fenikz
10-31-2011, 11:11 PM
While the Rams run D is indeed terrible their pass D is god awful as well, and Caliborne is a top 5 prospect don't see them passing on him

Good Cardinals pick though

StripedWalrus
10-31-2011, 11:53 PM
15. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland): Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Coples might have lost some fans this year, but he's still a very intriguing prospect as 6'6, 285 pound DEs with his graded measurables don't come along very often. The Bengals could use a boost in their pass rush since they've struggled to find a true sack artist.

This might be one of the first years in a long time that I gotta say the Bengals are not looking to boost their Defensive Line in the first round. Carlos Dunlap may not have the sack numbers right now...and Micheal Johnson has about 3...but they are getting to the QB alot...likewise Fanene and Rucker have 3 sacks each...Atkins at DT also has 3 sacks...Like I said earlier they are getting to the QB and if not hitting him they are rushing his passes.

The Bengals could use key upgrades in three places though... Guard, RB and the Secondary.

So looking at that I would hope the Bengals take a CB instead of DE in that position.

T-RICH49
11-01-2011, 12:28 AM
uhhhh I want RG3 in that scenario

TonyGfortheTD
11-01-2011, 02:43 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/773074/FU.gif

This was my reaction to the Chiefs selection.

vidae
11-01-2011, 02:45 AM
It's gotta be RG3 or Taze for the Chiefs there. Ingram just makes no sense.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 03:22 AM
A couple thoughts....

On Whitney, that is definite projection on my part. No one has him that high, so I expect an eye brow or two raised about it. But I think his stock will rise, and only time will tell. I could be wrong, for sure. I know the Rams have drafted DEs, but just like the Giants did when he was with them, I think he wouldn't hesitate to stockpile the position. The 4 Aces package is absent from Spags playbook because he doesn't have the personnel for it now, and that was the package that won him a SB ring.

Tennessee's run defense is 6th worst in the league right now on yards allowed per game, so I would disagree about them being good in that department. Casey and Klugg are decent, but neither are significant game changers. I liked Poe for them, but I can certainly see that they have many directions they can go since their needs are plenty.

I'm a fan of Hali, but Justin Houston screams bust to me. I wasn't a fan of his in the draft and he hasn't done anything to change my mind yet. I know Pioli really wanted to focus on the the defensive front 7 since he got there, and to this day, I think they have yet to put all the right pieces together to build a dominant 7. KC is DEAD LAST in the league in sacks this year with 9 and that's with a good secondary. I think Burfict's character concerns will be a turn off to Pioli and I don't think Robert Griffin will be drafted by them either. Their fans may hate Cassell, but I don't think the team is giving up on him yet.

Glad you like the Hightower pick. :)

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm not hating the player, but I'd be frustrated if the 49ers insisted on using ANOTHER high pick on an O-Lineman. They just drafted two interior O-Linemen last draft who seem to figure into future plans and Chase Beeler, former Stanford Center is on the PS being told to add weight and he could be the future C.

:shrug:
I'd say Konz is a significant upgrade over Beeler. ...and to be honest... their pick is not that "high" even though it's a 1st rounder. I was looking at positions that could upgraded the most and C was one of them, but if you think you can get more bang for your buck at another position, where would you like them to go, considering who was left?

vidae
11-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Justin Houston has been given zero opportunities to rush the passer in the regular season, but when he was doing it in the preseason he was a force.

The Chiefs defense doesn't blitz a lot in general as a defensive philosophy, but I think you'll see Crennel let Houston loose more once he has more reps and really knows what he's doing.

I'm not too worried about the pass rush atm, and sacks as a stat generally aren't a great indicator of how effective a pass rush is anyway. Tamba was held at LEAST 3 times today and you don't see that under sack totals.

Plus, it really hurts when we lost Berry. They're just not comfortable sending DBs anymore with him out of the lineup. McGraw coving the back end himself is scary as ****.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 03:35 AM
This might be one of the first years in a long time that I gotta say the Bengals are not looking to boost their Defensive Line in the first round. Carlos Dunlap may not have the sack numbers right now...and Micheal Johnson has about 3...but they are getting to the QB alot...likewise Fanene and Rucker have 3 sacks each...Atkins at DT also has 3 sacks...Like I said earlier they are getting to the QB and if not hitting him they are rushing his passes.

The Bengals could use key upgrades in three places though... Guard, RB and the Secondary.

So looking at that I would hope the Bengals take a CB instead of DE in that position.
My draft is not solely based off need. Coples is the premier pass rusher in this draft, and Scott's #1 overall player going into the season. I get that his stock is not what it once was, but still landing him at 15 is value that is tough to pass on. Dunlap and Johnson are fine, but neither have the upside as Coples and I thought he could give the Bengals defense an identity much like Mario Williams in Houston.

Also, this CB class is deep. You don't have to land one in Round 1 to satisfy the need.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 03:46 AM
While the Rams run D is indeed terrible their pass D is god awful as well, and Caliborne is a top 5 prospect don't see them passing on him

Good Cardinals pick though
I love Claiborne as a prospect, but I don't see him as a Top 5 pick, and I think the depth of this CB class will make teams push them down slightly in the draft as they see to some other needs first. With the way this draft order shook out and the way I mocked it up, the highest I could see Claiborne going is one spot higher to Tennessee, if they don't resign Finnegan. I kinda explained why I liked Whitney to St. Louis earlier, but if they go Claiborne, that's certainly a possibility too.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Justin Houston has been given zero opportunities to rush the passer in the regular season, but when he was doing it in the preseason he was a force.

The Chiefs defense doesn't blitz a lot in general as a defensive philosophy, but I think you'll see Crennel let Houston loose more once he has more reps and really knows what he's doing.

I'm not too worried about the pass rush atm, and sacks as a stat generally aren't a great indicator of how effective a pass rush is anyway. Tamba was held at LEAST 3 times today and you don't see that under sack totals.

Plus, it really hurts when we lost Berry. They're just not comfortable sending DBs anymore with him out of the lineup. McGraw coving the back end himself is scary as ****.
As a 3-4 OLB, you're not given "zero" opportunities to rush the passer. Sorry, I don't buy that. ...and I can't invest too much into preseason performances either. Being last in the league in sacks pretty much sucks, so you can sugar coat it all you want, but I'm not ignoring it. Things can change as the season goes on, but right now, this is just my mock.

Razor
11-01-2011, 04:32 AM
I would absolutely love that Patriots draft. Upshaw doesn't really fit the BB mold of an OLB, but I really don't care at this point. Every time I watch Upshaw he's making plays, and that's just what we need. Mohamed Sanu is a great pick for us. There's a connection since BB is familiar/friends with the Rutgers HC, so that's the obvious one. But Sanu is just what we need on offense: a big, physical receiver with strong hands who can develop into a go to guy for Brady.

TheSlinger
11-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Every time someone mock Jeffery or Coples to the Jags I kill a kitten. You have been warned.

FootballGod
11-01-2011, 07:12 AM

I second this!

FootballGod
11-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Dunlap and Johnson are fine, but neither have the upside as Coples and I thought he could give the Bengals defense an identity much like Mario Williams in Houston.

What are you smoking dude? I know that you probably haven't seen a single Bengals game the last two years so I will excuse your above comments. Dunlop is an absolute beast. He is better than Coples this year and will be a better pro than Coples for his entire career. Dunlop had 9.5 sacks as a rookie last year. He is being double teamed and teams are rolling a TE to his side. That is the only reason his sack numbers are down. Dunlop is in the backfield on every play. There is no need for a DE in the first round especially with the rotation on the D-line what we have.

You Mario Williams comment is laughable at best. Coples is not on the same level as Williams was when he was drafted.

Thecollegedropout
11-01-2011, 08:17 AM
David DeCastro is a great pick for the Jets. Your analysis is spot on as well.
I don't know about great. I don't think Slauson is THAT bad and likewise Moore has a few more years left in the tank.

I am fine with a round 3 or 4 guard but not one so high up. I'd rather take Upshaw at OLB or even Ta'amu if Pouha is not coming back.

nepg
11-01-2011, 09:10 AM
As a 3-4 OLB, you're not given "zero" opportunities to rush the passer. Sorry, I don't buy that. ...and I can't invest too much into preseason performances either. Being last in the league in sacks pretty much sucks, so you can sugar coat it all you want, but I'm not ignoring it. Things can change as the season goes on, but right now, this is just my mock.
The Chiefs don't run the same 3-4 as the Cowboys, Steelers, Chargers, etc. They don't value the sack statistic that much, and if you watch the game, you see Tamba Hali being held on almost every play this season. Houston has been developing a ton in coverage and as a LB on a whole. He's a beast as a pass rusher, but like vidae said - they don't send him. They can't.

TimmG6376
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
32. Green Bay Packers: Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
Packer fans probably want an OLB to play opposite of Clay Matthews but the reality of the situation is that the Packers are allowing 288 passing yards per game (as of Week 8) and that's good for 31st in the league.

Can't argue with the value here. Jenkins if not for the off-field issues would be gone by now. However, Brandon Underwood showed that even being in Green Bay can't keep guys out of trouble that really want it.

The pass defense has struggled giving up yards, but I think most of us believe that is attributed to lack of push by the DL and OLBs. Clay is drawing a lot of attention and no one along the defensive line is taking advantage of that.

I still think OLB or DL ranks higher on the need scale but if a real talent at CB is there I wouldn't be too angry.

Sloopy
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I'd say Konz is a significant upgrade over Beeler. ...and to be honest... their pick is not that "high" even though it's a 1st rounder. I was looking at positions that could upgraded the most and C was one of them, but if you think you can get more bang for your buck at another position, where would you like them to go, considering who was left?

Interesting that you have Konz higher than Brewster.

I might be biased but I have Brewster over Konz, they both aren't far off from eachother but I take Brewster's experience over Konz and while Konz injuries haven't kept him out too much, he has been injured in both seasons that he has played a starting role.

Also I feel Brewster has played better this year (and every previous year) than Konz.

Hines
11-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I like Mike Adams.

Menardo75
11-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I love Konz to the Niners.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
The Chiefs don't run the same 3-4 as the Cowboys, Steelers, Chargers, etc. They don't value the sack statistic that much, and if you watch the game, you see Tamba Hali being held on almost every play this season. Houston has been developing a ton in coverage and as a LB on a whole. He's a beast as a pass rusher, but like vidae said - they don't send him. They can't.
Hi nepg, sorry but I can't agree. You are saying they can't afford to use their OLB as a pass rusher. It's not necessarily a blitz just because the OLB rushes the QB. That's his main job. It depends on how many are being sent in order to call it a blitz. Part of helping your secondary is pressuring the QB. I can't sit here and believe that the Chiefs don't value the sack. I mean, I know that is what you said, but I don't think so. ...and Hali is not held on every play. That is an exaggeration.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I love Konz to the Niners.
Yeah, I thought there would be some 49ers fans who would agree. Not all, but at least there was you. :)

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I like Mike Adams.
Toot Toot! :)

I loved that fit when it came to choosing someone for the Steelers.

vidae
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
nepg is actually 100% correct on how Crennel uses the OLB opposite Hali, but it is your mock and you'll do with it what you want. :)

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Interesting that you have Konz higher than Brewster.

I might be biased but I have Brewster over Konz, they both aren't far off from eachother but I take Brewster's experience over Konz and while Konz injuries haven't kept him out too much, he has been injured in both seasons that he has played a starting role.

Also I feel Brewster has played better this year (and every previous year) than Konz.
I haven't tracked the both of them too closely, so I could see Brewster being picked first. Wisconsin's strong history of churning out OL, plus the success of their program the last 2 years (especially in the run) made me go with Konz. Plus I think sometimes seniors get over-evaluated while more hype/favor tends to go towards juniors who declare early. That said, Wisconsin hardly sends juniors to the draft, so Konz may not even be eligible when alls said and done.

Babylon
11-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Not crazy about Richardson to Seattle, if it has to be a Bama player for the second year in a row (Carpenter) make it Kirkpatrick.

Sloopy
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Wisconsin's strong history of churning out OL, plus the success of their program the last 2 years.

without getting cocky: SO HAS OHIO STATE :P but i get what your saying here :)

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 02:45 PM
nepg is actually 100% correct on how Crennel uses the OLB opposite Hali, but it is your mock and you'll do with it what you want. :)
...and I know it is your wish to get RG3 or Burfict in your mind, but that isn't happening either.

I don't think Pioli is ready to give up on Cassell even though he's fallen out of favor of many Chiefs fans. Pioli will keep the faith in Cassell because he knows he's operating without a good running game and shaky OL play right now. He knows the fans will change their minds like the wind when Cassell has a running game and protection to help him.

As for Burfict, there's no way the Chiefs go for him. If you knew Crennel like you think you know him, then you'd know he doesn't need to place a premium on ILBs like Burfict. Crennel runs the Fairbanks-Bullough system, the same he used with Bill Belichick in New England for years. Look at some of the players they've plugged into that ILB position.. Gary Guyton? An over-the-hill Junior Seau? Tedy Bruschi in any other scheme, probably wouldn't look all that great. Apart from Jerod Mayo, who is a bit of an exception. Other than him, most of the ILBs the Patriots have played have been smart, instinctive players who aren't going to wow you with their talent. You need a guy with athleticism and you need a player that's extremely intelligent (where I question Burfict), but I you can find that beyond the 1st round. 4-3 teams will look for extremely multi-dimensional MLBs like Burfict who have a complete skill set, but in Crennel's 3-4, you can have a tough attacking "role playing" ILB and another coverage "role playing" ILB. You don't necessarily have to pay a premium for a LB who can do it all.

Perhaps Justin Houston will be fine... if he has the skill set to be explosive chasing down ball carriers and fluid enough to do certain coverage assignments, but eventually he'll need to pressure the QB, and you guys aren't getting a lot of that right now. The DL aren't in charge of doing it, so your OLBs better be. I chose Melvin Ingram because he can rush the passer AND is solid against the run. If Houston can be that coverage guy, then you have a nice complementary unit.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
without getting cocky: SO HAS OHIO STATE :P but i get what your saying here :)
Haha. :) OSU has been kind of underwhelming the last couple of years.

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Not crazy about Richardson to Seattle, if it has to be a Bama player for the second year in a row (Carpenter) make it Kirkpatrick.
Ton of talented CBs that I left off this 1st round mock, that could fit in with Seattle nicely. It's a deep class. With Richardson, there is him and then ... bones.

Pat Sims 90
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Bengals draft is fine.

BRAVEHEART
11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Give the Lions a O-lineman (whether it be inside or out). I'd take that over a CB any day. Lion's corners aren't their weakness anymore (nothing great, but they aren't terrible at all...like the O-line is).

K Train
11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
mike adams is certainly growing on me

SickwithIt1010
11-01-2011, 06:08 PM
lovin the iggles pick

FootballGod
11-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Bengals draft is fine.

Really? A DE in the first round....Come on man, you are better than that.

Matthew Jones
11-02-2011, 07:28 AM
I could see both of those picks happening for New England.