PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Chiefs fans, Post Week 8 Mock

Robcards
11-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry but after all the back and forth with Chiefs fans on this forum about how they're not getting Barkley, Jones, or Griffin, I just had to make a return after last nights win putting them in a tie for first in the AFC West. In this mock I have the Chiefs making the playoffs, no QB for you guys, as I've said before. Not happening =)

1. IND - Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. STL - Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
3. MIA - Matt Barkley QB USC
4. ARI - Matt Kalil LT USC
5. SEA - Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
6. DEN - Trent Richardson RB Alabama
7. JAC - Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
8. CAR - Morris Claiborne CB LSU
9. MIN - Jonathan Martin LT Stanford
10. WAS - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
11. CLE - Zach Brown OLB North Carolina
12. CIN - Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
13. CIN (from OAK) - David DeCastro RG Stanford
14. CHI - Riley Reiff LT Iowa
15. DAL - Alfonso Dennard CB Nebraska
16. PHI - Luke Kuechly MLB Boston College
17. TEN - Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
18. SD - Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
19. TB - Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
20. BUF - Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State
21. KC - Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
22. NYG - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
23. CLE (from ATL) - Lamar Miller RB Miami
24. PIT - Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington
25. SF - Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
26. NYJ - Cordy Glenn LG Georgia
27. HOU - Jared Crick DE Nebraska
28. DET - Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
29. BAL - Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State
30. NE (from NO) - Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
31. NE - Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
32. GB - Billy Winn DE Boise State

In an effort to avoid unnecessary replies:

1. I have Robert Griffin staying in, why a QB would leave early in the hopes of being the 3rd best QB in the draft is beyond me, especially considering he is going for his master's degree and the only guy who could compete with him for 1st QB in the 2013 draft got injured (Bray from Tenn). The only potential reason for that would be if the guy has a young QB on the team that could possibly take his job and ruin his draft stock next season (i.e. Mallett in Arkansas with Tyler Wilson, or Landry Jones' situation in OU with Bell and Allen behind him) and Baylor just doesn't have anyone to compete with Griffin.
2. Chiefs fans, don't even respond to this, thanks.

That's about it. Obviously some teams I am not 100% on their needs as much as a fan of the team would be, so let me know what you think and keep it constructive.

bored of education
11-01-2011, 10:43 AM
As a Chiefs fan and a huge fan of Dont'a I like the pick minus a few things here. You have Teo and Burfict drafted after Dont'a where as I have both those guys before Dont'a. Teo is slipping though so that one is not shocking.

Other players I like before Dont'a besides Burfict:
22. NYG - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
24. PIT - Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington
32. GB - Billy Winn DE Boise State

The Chiefs D Line needs serious upgrades as well.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Brandon Thompson wouldn't be a good fit fyi, he's a pass rushing 4-3 DT, I have him going that late not so much out of his stock dropping, more so no 4-3 teams needing a DT until the G-Men who usually rate d-line high in the draft and their DTs have not been doing well

Also, Hightowers stock has been rising and Te'os has been falling. I also disagree with boards that have Burfict as the 1 or 2 MLB as he gets way too many personal fouls and until he shows he can control himself he is 4th on my board and should be on NFL teams boards as well. He seems like a better replacement for Ray Lewis in Baltimore over Te'o though, so that's why I have him going slightly before him.

PS- thanks for not being a Chiefs' fan going 'Bad mock! Chiefs need a QB dude!'

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Reiff is a good pick for Chicago

vidae
11-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I like Hightower and I like Alabama LBs (I loved McClain coming out) but I'd prefer Taze. Right position, just meh on the player. Taze is somewhat of a wildcard, but if anyone could reel him in it's RAC.

Solid mock.

coordinator0
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Baltimore gets to chose between Burfict and Te'o? Doesn't matter which one we end up with, great pick.

killxswitch
11-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Mocks are boring for Colts fans this year. In a good way.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Mocks are boring for Colts fans this year. In a good way.

Wishful thinking as a Jets fan. Dolphins need to win some games or the AFC East is going to be like the SEC West of the NFL.

nepg
11-01-2011, 11:50 AM
If the Patriots don't need a position on defense, it's ILB. S, CB, pass rusher...

I'd also rather have Burfict at this point, but do like Hightower quite a bit.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
If the Patriots don't need a position on defense, it's ILB. S, CB, pass rusher...

I'd also rather have Burfict at this point, but do like Hightower quite a bit.

Are the Patriots switching to 4-3 for good? Thought it was just due to injuries at LB that they are 4-3 right now? The pick was assuming they revert back to 3-4 next year.

killxswitch
11-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Wishful thinking as a Jets fan. Dolphins need to win some games or the AFC East is going to be like the SEC West of the NFL.

I don't think it's that wishful. The Colts will at best win one game this year. And even that is questionable at best.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't think it's that wishful. The Colts will at best win one game this year. And even that is questionable at best.

You never know in the NFL. The Dolphins have the tougher schedule, too. The Rams should have a win by now playing in the NFC West as well, they could end up with the #1 pick, in which case who knows who Luck goes to (see the thread I just made about theoretical fun if Rams have the #1 pick).

killxswitch
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
You never know in the NFL. The Dolphins have the tougher schedule, too. The Rams should have a win by now playing in the NFC West as well, they could end up with the #1 pick, in which case who knows who Luck goes to (see the thread I just made about theoretical fun if Rams have the #1 pick).

Even if both the Colts and Dolphins go 0-16 the Colts get the #1 pick. You are right, anything is possible. But I think the Colts do have the best chance.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Even if both the Colts and Dolphins go 0-16 the Colts get the #1 pick. You are right, anything is possible. But I think the Colts do have the best chance.

It actually might be surprisingly close, I did projected opponent's win-loss for both and it came out to 146-110 for the Dolphins and 142-114 for the Colts. Rams of course were significantly worse at 132-124

edit: The reason why its close is because while the Dolphins have 6 games with the Bills, Pats, and Jets, they also play the NFC East which I project will have significantly less wins than the NFC South that the Colts play.

AntoinCD
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Are the Patriots switching to 4-3 for good? Thought it was just due to injuries at LB that they are 4-3 right now? The pick was assuming they revert back to 3-4 next year.

Te'o actually makes way more sense if they stay in the 43. He can play OLB or ILB in that system. If they go back to the 34 then there is Mayo, Spikes, Guyton and Fletcher at ILB. Sure Te'o is a big upgrade over at least two of them but there is enough quality and depth there.

Now in the 43 the OLBs would be Mayo and Ninkovich/Guyton. Te'o would be a massive upgrade at SAM over Ninkovich or Guyton.

Menardo75
11-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Really doubt the Niners tackle go OT in the first CB and S much bigger needs. Anthony Davis is coming along also.

phlysac
11-01-2011, 01:35 PM
25. SF - D.J. Fluker RT Alabama

There's no way the team gives up on a top-10 pick who is only 22 years old. Anthony Davis has looked really good the last few weeks. Trending up. Also, Alex Boone has looked great when given opportunities as a swing tackle.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
K, wasn't sure about the Niners needs, changed their pick to Chase Minnifield. Thanks.

Pat Sims 90
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Jenkins over Kirkpatrick for the Bengals then it is a good Bengals draft.

Robcards
11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Jenkins over Kirkpatrick for the Bengals then it is a good Bengals draft.

Explain why Jenkins over Kirkpatrick

K Train
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
taamu is terrible before taze, teo, glenn, minnifield, adams, and brewster.

i would absolutely go into a draft induced rage

Robcards
11-01-2011, 05:32 PM
taamu is terrible before taze, teo, glenn, minnifield, adams, and brewster.

i would absolutely go into a draft induced rage

I would celebrate if the Steelers didn't take him and he fell to the Jets. What's your logic? You think Hampton's injury was a fluke and he'll be solid and play 16 games next year? The guy is old and your backup is Hoke or whatever is garbage. Those linemen you named aren't first round worthy (except Glenn), if I were a Steelers fan I'd be irate settling for Brewster or Adams with the 1st pick.

K Train
11-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I would celebrate if the Steelers didn't take him and he fell to the Jets. What's your logic? You think Hampton's injury was a fluke and he'll be solid and play 16 games next year? The guy is old and your backup is Hoke or whatever is garbage. Those linemen you named aren't first round worthy (except Glenn), if I were a Steelers fan I'd be irate settling for Brewster or Adams with the 1st pick.

mike adams is really really growing on me, but too me taze is the obvious pick

ta'amu is a fine player but hes not a BJ Raji or a Phil Taylor type NT, hes much more of a second or 3rd rounder. Why would the jets take him they just drafted wilkerson and ellis?

also, hoke is not garbage at all...hes actually extremely effective. and while casey was out hes been an excellent fill in the last few years. but other than that steve mclendon has played sparingly the last 2 years and played very well, not too mention they like anthony gray their UDFA this year that im sure they will being back to camp next year.

and evander hood is not a good DE, but hes a monster when hes lined up over nose....i would love to see him play NT more (he has been) and have heyward and keisel play outside....reaching for ta'amu is not the move to make.

the steelers need a stud MLB, preferably taze or teo that can be a hammer against the run while timmons uses his range and sideline to sideline ability. they also desperately need a T or a L/R G cause they have **** at those spots long term....also ryan clark blows, ike is getting older, and mcfadden/*** are likely on the outs...we have decent spot players that are playing well even though they are inexperienced and young like cortez allen, keenan lewis, and ryan mundy....but a stud CB is a long time coming as well

Robcards
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
ta'amu is a fine player but hes not a BJ Raji or a Phil Taylor type NT, hes much more of a second or 3rd rounder. Why would the jets take him they just drafted wilkerson and ellis?

Jets need a true NT. Wilkerson is a DE, and Ellis wasn't even on the roster until Devito got injured and Ellis filled in at DE for Devito. Ellis was also pick 94 in the draft and is still facing class 3 felony assault charges and faces possible deportation so he's not going to prevent the Jets from getting a DT thats for sure. Pouha is old, terrible, and in his contract year. Would love for the Jets to get Ta'amu, but don't see the Steelers passing up on him. Why do you say he's a 3rd or 4th rounder? Every ranking I've looked at has him mid to late 1st round.

I haven't seen that many Steelers games but when I have it looks like your d-line needs some help and Hoke did not look good at NT at all. The Steelers have always been defined by their tough run defense, so I just don't see how they pick offensive line when a run stopping mountain of a man is there for the taking.

SickwithIt1010
11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
love the eagles pick

K Train
11-01-2011, 07:03 PM
i think ta'amu is a fine player but hes not a first round NT which really arent that common anymore unless they are like raji or taylor...big run stuffing NTs arent in high demand anymore with such a passing oriented NFL. he is much more in the ron brace/cody/troup tier of NT prospects, i just think round one is a reach and theres a lot of great players at higher positional value on the board still...i wont mind the jets drafting him, go ahead and jump for joy, its a reach.

steelers are shifting to a more pressure oriented dline anyway in their 34, it makes sense though...even when casey is healthy hes a 1st down player

if they went dline in 1, id want crick and keep evander at NT...but my short list of wishfuls are going to be dennard/taze/teo/minnifield/adams/glenn/osemele/brewster as of right now