PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical fun: The Rams end up with the #1 pick

Robcards
11-01-2011, 11:54 AM
This is a serious possibility as the tiebreaker for draft picks is total opponents win-loss and the Rams are in the weakest division by far, so if they end up say 1-15 or 2-14 and so do the Colts or Dolphins, we could be looking at the biggest draft day trade since the Eli Manning Philip Rivers situation.

Anyway, theoretically, you are the GM of the team you're a fan of, what do you offer the Rams for the #1 pick?

As Jets GM I would offer the following:

1st round 2012 pick, 1st round 2013 pick, 2nd round 2012 pick, Santonio Holmes, and Antonio Cromartie, possibly more considering it would be keeping the Dolphins from getting him.

tpkorhodes
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Kansas City

Trade Dwayne Bowe and 2-1st Rounders to move up for Andrew Luck.

Andrew Luck in KC would just be flat out scary.

vidae
11-01-2011, 12:44 PM
There is no way we're trading Bowe. He is one of the best receivers in the NFL right now and he is a leader in this lockerroom. I expect he'll be inked long term any day now.

I would love Luck in KC though, just not for that price.

RaiderNation
11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Wrong place, this is for mock drafts only.

But to answer the question I really doubt the Rams end up with the 1st pick. Bradford will come back healthy and likely lead the Rams to 3 or 4 more wins this season. The Colts and Dolphins though have a real chance at going 0-16, but I think the Colts might get a win against Jacksonville so the Dolphins will end up with the 1st pick.

killxswitch
11-01-2011, 12:53 PM

But to answer the question I really doubt the Rams end up with the 1st pick. Bradford will come back healthy and likely lead the Rams to 3 or 4 more wins this season. The Colts and Dolphins though have a real chance at going 0-16, but I think the Colts might get a win against Jacksonville so the Dolphins will end up with the 1st pick.

Jacksonville's defense dominated Baltimore. Why do you think the Colts will do anything against them?

RaiderNation
11-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Jacksonville's defense dominated Baltimore. Why do you think the Colts will do anything against them?

Gabbert hasn't looked good at all and his play will lose them a few games they should win. Plus that was just 1 game. The Rams beat the Saints so does that make them a contender?

Robcards
11-01-2011, 01:00 PM

A winless season is extremely rare, the Colts and Dolphins are not that bad, they will win at least 2 games each. Both are decent teams with the exception of the gaping hole at QB.

BudIce
11-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Na bro theres nothing wrong. We are mocking a trade.

Cowboys. Trade 2012 and 2013 first rounder. TE Jason Witten. Maybe even romo.

bored of education
11-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Kansas City

Trade Dwayne Bowe and 2-1st Rounders to move up for Andrew Luck.

Andrew Luck in KC would just be flat out scary.

www.nfl.com/jobs

for when a GMing job opens up at the end of the year dude

AntoinCD
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
A winless season is extremely rare, the Colts and Dolphins are not that bad, they will win at least 2 games each. Both are decent teams with the exception of the gaping hole at QB.

Eh, not really so sure about that. The Dolphins have talent but are a shambles of an organisation.

The Colts have a sucky offensive line, bad RB play, bad DT play, average secondary play. Oh and they have clearly quit on the season

Robcards
11-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I actually forgot that the Rams beat the Saints this week when I made this post, but you can replace Rams with Panthers or whoever else has a young QB they have a lot of stock in, the concept is still the same.