PDA

View Full Version : Prospects Who are True Leaders

D-Unit
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Who are the guys in this class who can motivate their teammates and lift them up when the chips are down. Who can take them on his back and make the game changing play that will change momentum. Who will command respect in the lockerroom. Who will take lead of the pregame huddle and charge everyone up before the game starts. Who will get in the faces of teammates and encourage them and make them accountable.

WHO?

Punisher
11-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I will give the obvious answer: Andrew Luck

Watching this guy keep his cool in overtime(s) against SC was remarkable. He wanted the stage in his hands, and you can see the fire he plays with. He is also incredibly cool in demeanor, and will take the big hit AND give props after to the opposing player who hit him. He's a natural leader who does not get fazed. Over all of his psychical tools he possesses this is by far my favorite quality in Andrew Luck. If I was an offensive lineman I would work my ass off for a player like Luck.

kalbears13
11-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Barkley I would say to a lesser extent is a leader. It's hard not to respect the guy.

And sorry I had to...

1P0yfq2wDvU

A Perfect Score
11-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I will give the obvious answer: Andrew Luck

Watching this guy keep his cool in overtime(s) against SC was remarkable. He wanted the stage in his hands, and you can see the fire he plays with. He is also incredibly cool in demeanor, and will take the big hit AND give props after to the opposing player who hit him. He's a natural leader who does not get fazed. Over all of his psychical tools he possesses this is by far my favorite quality in Andrew Luck. If I was an offensive lineman I would work my ass off for a player like Luck.

Well that didn't take long.

Anyways, this is a great thread to have because I know there are a ton of franchises, Ravens included, who rank prospects higher based on leadership capabilities. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, we tend to draft more team captains then the average franchise because we value things like leadership so highly. A guy who I really think personifies this is Luke Kuechly at BC. Just an absolutely phenomenal player and for him to step up in such a huge way after Herzlich went down, just great. I'd love to see him in a Ravens jersey come draft day, but I imagine he'll be gone before we pick. Definitely my man crush of the year so far.

Rabscuttle
11-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Great thread idea. Team captains, guys that coaches rely on to get their messages across, love to hear the names from guys that are close to their teams.

Last year the Niners went with an approach that put a very high value on guys that were team captains and leaders and it has paid dividends early as they have had rookies get on the field and contribute. So, who are the guys that will make the draft boards for teams that require leadership from its draftees?

Big Bird
11-01-2011, 04:35 PM
DeAndre Presley, the guy this site still refuses to show any respect.

TACKLE
11-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Sean Spence.

shylo3716
11-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Dont'a Hightower

shylo3716
11-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Who are the guys in this class who can motivate their teammates and lift them up when the chips are down. Who can take them on his back and make the game changing play that will change momentum. Who will command respect in the lockerroom. Who will take lead of the pregame huddle and charge everyone up before the game starts. Who will get in the faces of teammates and encourage them and make them accountable.

WHO?

Appears to me you're looking for this guys clone......

LG_f1GzmwHo

Leon Sandcastle
11-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Melvin Ingram. SC fan back me up.