Saturday night:
Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh
#9 South Carolina vs #7 Arkansas
#19 Arizona State vs UCLA
#1 LSU vs #2 Alabama
#14 Kansas State vs #3 Oklahoma State
Notre Dame vs Wake Forest
Louisiana Tech vs Fresno State

Full Schedule (http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule)

princefielder28
11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
if anyone bet on the game tonight i hope they went with the over

Chandler Harnish is having a decent showing tonight

princefielder28
11-01-2011, 09:03 PM
add a 5th TD pass...49-41

no such thing as defense tonight

RufusMcDaniel
11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Yikes....the afternoon is brutal, might tape the Michigan game since I'm working til 3:30 and watch it afterwards.

princefielder28
11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Eric Page scores his fifth receiving TD of the night, first MAC player since Randy Moss to catch that many TDs in a game

the guy is gonna be a stud slot receiver at the next level!

princefielder28
11-01-2011, 09:24 PM
8 mins to go NIU 56 Toledo 53

I don't think these schools' basketball programs will put up this many points when they play this year haha

hawkeye123
11-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Is Eric Page really this fast or is N Illinois just really slow?

princefielder28
11-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Is Eric Page really this fast or is N Illinois just really slow?

he is fast and the northern illinois defense doesn't possess much speed so it's a bad combo for the huskies

toledo takes the lead back!

princefielder28
11-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Harnish gets his sixth and puts the Huskies up 63-60

265 passing yards, 6 TDs
133 rushing yards

RealityCheck
11-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Chandler Harnish is an absolute stud.

And games like these only make us wonder why the hell the MAC is so underrated.

SolidGold
11-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Chandler Harnish is a guy I would like to see at the senior bowl or shrine bowl, ideally Senior Bowl. He actually has more rushing yards than Denard Robinson this season. I think he has more arm strength than Dan Lefevour as well - another dual threat MAC QB that was drafted in the 6th a few years ago. I also would like to see how he tests at the combine.

princefielder28
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Chandler Harnish is a guy I would like to see at the senior bowl or shrine bowl, ideally Senior Bowl. He actually has more rushing yards than Denard Robinson this season. I think he has more arm strength than Dan Lefevour as well - another dual threat MAC QB that was drafted in the 6th a few years ago. I also would like to see how he tests at the combine.

He does have more arm strength than LeFevour and he's got a more natural throwing motion...certainly a better pro prospect

Punisher
11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Trap game this week for USC. Coming off an emotional roller coaster with Stanford the Buffs could provide SC an early scare.

Then again...Colorado is terrible.

Prediction: USC 35 Colorado 17

keylime_5
11-02-2011, 11:38 AM
i didn't know that you have a trap game coming off of a loss. Colorado is pathetic anyway.

Punisher
11-02-2011, 12:06 PM
i didn't know that you have a trap game coming off of a loss. Colorado is pathetic anyway.

It could go both ways really. The rest of the season will show if USC has the heart it showed in the Stanford game, or if they continue to underachieve like they did in the beginning of the season. The Trojans have fallen victim to many unlikely trap games in the past to inferior talent.

Your Buckeyes sure are finding their way again though Keylime. What do you credit that to? Braxton Miller's emergence? Return of some of the suspended players?

RealityCheck
11-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Don't worry. Colorado is one of the worst teams in the FBS this year. USC will win and win easy.

Top 25 Predictions

#1 LSU 28, #2 Alabama 30
#3 Oklahoma State 45, #14 Kansas State 23
#4 Stanford 42, Oregon State 10
#5 Boise State 76, UNLV 7
#6 Oklahoma 35, Texas A&M 30
#7 Arkansas 38, #9 South Carolina 31
#8 Oregon 49, Washington 21
#10 Nebraska 38, Northwestern 13
#13 Houston 53, UAB 3
#15 Michigan 31, Iowa 14
#17 Michigan State 40, Minnesota 13
#18 Georgia 45, New Mexico State 9
#19 Arizona State 27, UCLA 17
#20 Wisconsin 42, Purdue 20
#21 Texas 35, Texas Tech 27
#24 West Virginia 24, Louisville 28
#25 Southern Miss 35, East Carolina 21

ElectricEye
11-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Great chance to get a look at Bernard Pierce tonight, potential second or third rounder at RB tonight.

BuckeyeDan17
11-02-2011, 07:21 PM
It could go both ways really. The rest of the season will show if USC has the heart it showed in the Stanford game, or if they continue to underachieve like they did in the beginning of the season. The Trojans have fallen victim to many unlikely trap games in the past to inferior talent.

Your Buckeyes sure are finding their way again though Keylime. What do you credit that to? Braxton Miller's emergence? Return of some of the suspended players?

The defense is playing inspired football. John Simon is playing as there's a demon controlling him. And yeah, Braxton is slowly starting to show signs of being a good player. Mike Adams' return to the offensive line has been huge. It is also Herron's return that has helped ignite the run game also.

So really, a combination of everything you've said. Plus our defensive line playing like freaks along with a young really athletic secondary.

Not trying to speak for him, just throwing in my two cents.

brat316
11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Great chance to get a look at Bernard Pierce tonight, potential second or third rounder at RB tonight.

hes not 100%. TUff-ing it out, you can see him limp to the huddle.

princefielder28
11-02-2011, 09:23 PM
hes not 100%. TUff-ing it out, you can see him limp to the huddle.

finally managed a big run there for a TD

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Some good (by which I mean no defense is played, so good OFFENSIVE) MAC football these two nights.

brat316
11-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Some good (by which I mean no defense is played, so good OFFENSIVE) MAC football these two nights.

Usually our defense is good. But Ohio and Stolich rapes us every year.

brat316
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I hope Ohio doesn't play D. Tryna score and win this game.

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Pierce got his bell rung.

SolidGold
11-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Yea these past two games have been fun to watch. I wonder how some of these MAC QBs fall through the cracks of Big Ten recruiters considering how pathetic the Big Ten QB crop is overall. A lot of these MAC QBs are from the geographic area the Big Ten covers.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Yea these past two games have been fun to watch. I wonder how some of these MAC QBs fall through the cracks of Big Ten recruiters considering how pathetic the Big Ten QB crop is overall. A lot of these MAC QBs are from the geographic area the Big Ten covers.

I have no idea. I'm also really surprised that with all of the conference realignments going on that no one has tried to swipe some of the MAC schools.

Temple has had a good couple year run. Toledo this year has traded blows well with Ohio State and Boise State.

But yeah, watching these guys do work while a place like Penn State struggles along with McGloin and Bolden just baffles me.

brat316
11-03-2011, 10:52 AM
They do try and recruit the MAC Qb to the Big 10. But some know it'll be a long shot to start there with higher ranked qbs coming in.

Like Temple's Chris Coyer was being recruited by OSU same time as TP, he committed with TU early as 2 star. Then towards the end tOSU decided they needed 1 more qb. So they ask him to "just take a visit" well he turns into 3 star qb now, ahah. But in the end he stayed with us after the visit. They never really offered it to him, if he said yeah I want to go here, rumors were they would have gave him a scholarship.

But thank god he didn't after our last good QB, Adam, we've had to play with dog pooo. BP would have been so much better if teams actually feared our Qb throwing. One has a noodle for an arm, that's an understatement. The other has a cannon, but can't seem to hit any target past the 5 yard line, Chester Stewart. Oh how much I hate Chester Stewart.

One last rant. To all the UF fans that warned us about Steve Addizo, holy crap were you right. All game long our Rbs have been stuffed up the middle. So on a crucial 3rd and short, what do we call, run up the middle. WTF? Also coach trying to stick with a 5th year senior Chester Stewart for 3 games, who is horrible. After 5 years he can't read a defense and still can't hit wide open WR. Why do you leave him in there, cause he is good in practice?

I feel we'll end up keeping him for a while since he'll win just enough and no other college in the country will want him.

SolidGold
11-03-2011, 12:32 PM
I have no idea. I'm also really surprised that with all of the conference realignments going on that no one has tried to swipe some of the MAC schools.

Temple has had a good couple year run. Toledo this year has traded blows well with Ohio State and Boise State.

But yeah, watching these guys do work while a place like Penn State struggles along with McGloin and Bolden just baffles me.

Watching the game last night - they said Temple was pretty much shown the door in 2003 or 2004 from the Big East.

Chris Coyer was pretty impressive last night. I think he has entrenched himself as the starter. Tettleton played well to although I could see how his size could be a hindrance to the bigger schools. Chandler Harnish is pretty much playing lights out and flying under the radar (should end up with a 2,500 yd passing/1,000 yd rushing season) , Austin Dantin has a 15 to 1 td/int ratio.

keylime_5
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM

like bhaarat pointed out some of them do get recruited by Big Ten schools but don't want to go when a much higher rated guy is there to compete with. Austin Boucher had an offer from Ohio State a few years ago when they were desperate for a QB commit having lost out on Tajh Boyd surprisingly, and it was very late in the process and Boucher's twin brother had committe to Miami Ohio, so Boucher spurned an Ohio State offer to play with his brother and get a better shot to start. Ben Roethlisberger spurned an Ohio State offer when he was coming up b/c he wasn't 100% sure that he would play QB there and went to Miami instead where he'd be a QB and start. Some of these guys don't have the grades either, or were really skinny project QBs in high school that grew into their bodies in college and reached their longshot upside.

brat316
11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
After last nights game I'm surprised Solich doesn't have AQ head coaching offers. Ohio was worse than us, hard to believe, at one point. I guess lack of coverage in Athens probably will do that to you.

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
SO what does everything think of this two QB system LSU is putting on?I dunno what to think my self.I would never say it works but it does for them some how.Just curious what the rest think.

descendency
11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
NC State's head coach, Tom O'Brien, on the comments made by Carolina's coach about being the flagship program in the state: “As far as the flagship, here is a guy[Withers] who was on a football staff that ends up in Indianapolis. If you take three things that you can’t do in college football, you have an agent on your staff, you are paying your players and you have academic fraud. That is a triple play as far as the NCAA goes. So I don’t know that he has anything to talk about or that they have anything to talk about. If that is what people want in their flagship university in North Carolina then so be it.”

It should be noted, as the head coach of NC State, Tom O'Brien has never lost to UNC.

jrdrylie
11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
SO what does everything think of this two QB system LSU is putting on?I dunno what to think my self.I would never say it works but it does for them some how.Just curious what the rest think.

LSU is doing well despite using a two QB system, neither of whom is very good. Jarrett Lee has surprisingly done very well. But I think that will change this weekend. I'm predicting a 10-14 point loss for them.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:01 PM

I think its going to hurt them eventually.

I understand this is a completely different scenario...but for the first 5 games of my senior season in high school my coach rotated myself and another QB. Its too hard for these QB's to stay in a groove. Id bet that these guys are splitting reps during practice instead of having one get a majority, and to ask a guy like Jefferson to come in for one series at a time or a couple plays at a time is asking a lot more than people think. He is going to make a mistake that is going to end up hurting them bad.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
It doesn't work at all at Penn State. They keep starting Bolden, pulling him after a few series, and then going with McGloin the rest of the game. And McGloin is terrible. He floated a screen pass that was picked off last week. Abysmal.

It's an awful system. I think it will hurt LSU eventually. With the way LSU's defense can play, Jarrett Lee managing games is all they really need.

SolidGold
11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
It doesn't work at all at Penn State. They keep starting Bolden, pulling him after a few series, and then going with McGloin the rest of the game. And McGloin is terrible. He floated a screen pass that was picked off last week. Abysmal.

It's an awful system. I think it will hurt LSU eventually. With the way LSU's defense can play, Jarrett Lee managing games is all they really need.

McGloin is still better than Bolden. Bolden is absolute garbage.

RealityCheck
11-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Yeah, half of that conference could have been competitive in the BE. Hell, Temple and NIU would be way better than Indiana and NW in the B1G.

Smooth Criminal
11-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Might be better at football, but not better at making money. That's why that dont get invited.

RealityCheck
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Might be better at football, but not better at making money. That's why that dont get invited.
True. I'm sick of seeing poor teams like Colorado and Indiana playing good schedules and going 1-11 or 2-10 (with that few wins being OOC games) meanwhile great teams like Boise and Houston win out and get snubbed because of supposedly weaker schedules.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 05:37 PM

You're not wrong, but really...the Big East inviting the military schools and SMU over teams that are better and closer to home? Eesh...

True. I'm sick of seeing poor teams like Colorado and Indiana playing good schedules and going 1-11 or 2-10 (with that few wins being OOC games) meanwhile great teams like Boise and Houston win out and get snubbed because of supposedly weaker schedules.

The bottom third of basically any of the automatic bid conferences makes me want to puke most of the time. Indiana and Minnesota barely seem like they belong in 1-A much less an AQ conference most years. How about Duke in the ACC? When the hell was the last time they were competitive at all in football? Vandy in the SEC is a joke most years. Even when that team is having an "up" year, it usually means they win 5 games. When was the last time Baylor was worth a damn before Robert Griffin? Colorado jumped to the Pac 1X and joins Washington State in being a running joke school.

I'd love to see some kind of system where teams that are uncompetitive in their AQ school for a long time are dropped after so long. "Smaller" but more successful teams can be bumped up into their spot. I'd love to see Boise State in the Pac whatever. Any given year they'd be in top 2-3 teams. This year, they'd have great games against Stanford and USC while I think they'd beat every other school in the conference.

Stupid money getting in the way of good football.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
The Big East won't invite Temple back right now for 2 reasons.

1) Villanova wants no part of them in the conference.
2) They were already in the Big East and got kicked out because they were terrible and couldn't compete.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM

2) They were already in the Big East and got kicked out because they were terrible and couldn't compete.

It might be blasphemy around here, but was Temple really any more terrible than Rutgers was pre-Schiano for years?

Plus now, a pee wee team might be able to compete in the big east. At least it would bring some money out of the curiosity factor....

I mean, they're inviting SMU? Really?

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
It might be blasphemy around here, but was Temple really any more terrible than Rutgers was pre-Schiano for years?

Plus now, a pee wee team might be able to compete in the big east. At least it would bring some money out of the curiosity factor....

I mean, they're inviting SMU? Really?

Haha it's not blasphemy because Scotty and I are homers but we know the dregs that we came from and are still trying to make a national name for ourselves. You can definitely make an argument we were just as bad as Temple some of those years but I believe we were still making some money. I don't like the new invites and I want the hell out of the Big East but you can also make an argument that Boise, Houston, SMU, might be better football schools than Pitt and Syracuse at this point. They might not have the same name value but on the field it's hard to argue they aren't better teams at this point.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Haha it's not blasphemy because Scotty and I are homers but we know the dregs that we came from and are still trying to make a national name for ourselves. You can definitely make an argument we were just as bad as Temple some of those years but I believe we were still making some money. I don't like the new invites and I want the hell out of the Big East but you can also make an argument that Boise, Houston, SMU, might be better football schools than Pitt and Syracuse at this point. They might not have the same name value but on the field it's hard to argue they aren't better teams at this point.

Boise, yes, obviously, but Pitt has still been a better and more consistent team than anyone else you could invite. They're always competitive within the conference and have probably churned out more NFL level talent than anyone else currently in it or who is being invited into it.

Syracuse does suck.

And like, with SMU and Houston...gotta have that Texas market! Who cares if they're not even in the top 5 in popularity in the sate. I think some bigger Texas high schools have more of a following than SMU and Houston.

BRAVEHEART
11-03-2011, 05:58 PM
You're not wrong, but really...the Big East inviting the military schools and SMU over teams that are better and closer to home? Eesh...

The bottom third of basically any of the automatic bid conferences makes me want to puke most of the time. Indiana and Minnesota barely seem like they belong in 1-A much less an AQ conference most years. How about Duke in the ACC? When the hell was the last time they were competitive at all in football? Vandy in the SEC is a joke most years. Even when that team is having an "up" year, it usually means they win 5 games. When was the last time Baylor was worth a damn before Robert Griffin? Colorado jumped to the Pac 1X and joins Washington State in being a running joke school.

I'd love to see some kind of system where teams that are uncompetitive in their AQ school for a long time are dropped after so long. "Smaller" but more successful teams can be bumped up into their spot. I'd love to see Boise State in the Pac whatever. Any given year they'd be in top 2-3 teams. This year, they'd have great games against Stanford and USC while I think they'd beat every other school in the conference.

Stupid money getting in the way of good football.

The thing with WSU and CU is that they were once really good programs, and will probably reach that level again sooner or later.CFB goes in cycles (at least for the teams that have already been there before).

It was only about a few years ago when people thought Stanford was complete trash (one of, if not the worst BCS team status). And before that, they were successful with Willingham. Now they're on top of the world with post-Harbuagh.

niel89
11-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I remember the year that Stanford and Duke were just fighting hard to not go defeated on the year. I don't think Duke is actually that bad this year. They have been close in a couple game and they are fighting.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/150/duke-blue-devils

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 06:29 PM
The thing with WSU and CU is that they were once really good programs, and will probably reach that level again sooner or later.CFB goes in cycles (at least for the teams that have already been there before).

It was only about a few years ago when people thought Stanford was complete trash (one of, if not the worst BCS team status). And before that, they were successful with Willingham. Now they're on top of the world with post-Harbuagh.

I live 2 hours away from Pullman, I remember when that was the up and coming program, and they were at the top of the pac 10. They had a real good thing going with Mike Price and when he left that broke their back. They have nothing going in their favor right now. They have the worst facilities in the pac 12, they play in a ****** area, its cold, the girls arent near as hot....its gonna be tough for them to get back to the top, unless they grab someone that can REALLY recruit.

descendency
11-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I remember the year that Stanford and Duke were just fighting hard to not go defeated on the year. I don't think Duke is actually that bad this year. They have been close in a couple game and they are fighting.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/150/duke-blue-devils

Duke is a solid football team that is just on the wrong side of some of their games. I've been impressed with them.

hawkeye123
11-03-2011, 07:36 PM
McGloin is still better than Bolden. Bolden is absolute garbage.

Is Paul Jones that much worse? Or is he not at Qb anymore?

ElectricEye
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
This Boston College offense is ******* terrible at the most fundamental of levels. Boston College needs to fire everyone.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Is Paul Jones that much worse? Or is he not at Qb anymore?

He's academically ineligible.

RealityCheck
11-04-2011, 11:39 AM

1) It would be football-only.
2) They can compete now. They destroyed Maryland and almost beat Penn State, plus the BE is weaker now.

Problem solved. :D

brat316
11-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Maryland is over hyped.

Villanova are a bunch of sissy and don't want to compete. Rest of Big East was all for Temple in all sports, till Nova setup a block with the rest of the private BB schools.

Only way Nova lets Temple in is once Nova become Big East Football member. But Nova wants Big East to help pay for its move up, since most Alumni want nothing to do with it, they couldn't raise money and never got to the voting stage to move up or not.

But we can't beat teams +.500 in the MAC so Idk about Big East.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 11:55 AM
The MAC right now might be better than most of the Big East. (Or at least the schools who will remain after this year)

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 12:00 PM
What's Temple's average attendance the last few years at home? Also does anyone know a site that shows conference vs conference records like Big East vs. Mac?

brat316
11-04-2011, 12:04 PM
What's Temple's average attendance the last few years at home?

Its been going up every year. Started at like 15K and now have made our way to 21-23K. Stadium still looks empty since its NFL Stadium.

We have more people show up for non MAC games. Minus Penn State, they've only been here twice since like 06. First time it was 90% PSU fans, second time it was 50/50 60/40.

brat316
11-04-2011, 12:06 PM
The MAC right now might be better than most of the Big East. (Or at least the schools who will remain after this year)

Yeah but Bowl Tie ins and AQ, says other wise. We went 8-4 and didn't get a bowl game last year. Yet teams that go 6-6 can go, why not?

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Its been going up every year. Started at like 15K and now have made our way to 21-23K. Stadium still looks empty since its NFL Stadium.

We have more people show up for non MAC games. Minus Penn State, they've only been here twice since like 06. First time it was 90% PSU fans, second time it was 50/50 60/40.

That would still be the lowest average attendance in the Big East I believe.

brat316
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
That would still be the lowest average attendance in the Big East I believe.

It would probably shoot up 28-35K. Once we played some opponents general fans know of and other teams fans that travel.

I'm looking forward to being RU in 2013.

Also its about TV $$$$, how many eye balls are glued to the TV.

RealityCheck
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah but Bowl Tie ins and AQ, says other wise. We went 8-4 and didn't get a bowl game last year. Yet teams that go 6-6 can go, why not?
Yeah, you went 8-4 and weren't in a bowl, while UConn had the same record and went to a freaking BCS bowl. Go figure this stupid system.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Theeeese two MAC teams can stay in the MAC....

Thought Kent State has a couple of decent defenders.

niel89
11-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Can we have football every day like this past week forever? I don't care who is playing.

also nice TD throw by Barkely. Just dropped it in nicely.

DcmRulz
11-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Can we have football every day like this past week forever? I don't care who is playing.

also nice TD throw by Barkely. Just dropped it in nicely.

2nd'd. I love these daily football games.

BRAVEHEART
11-04-2011, 08:18 PM
2nd'd. I love these daily football games.

Third, this is how football should be (especially with college).

ElectricEye
11-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Colorado doing well....what?

DcmRulz
11-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi, Defense. Nice of you to finally show up.

DcmRulz
11-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Wow, rare bad drop by Woods.

ElectricEye
11-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow, Hansen really threw that perfectly.

diabsoule
11-04-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm really interested in 3 SEC games tomorrow:

LSU vs. Alabama
Arkansas vs. South Carolina
Vanderbilt vs. Florida

All should be pretty damn good games

ElectricEye
11-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Another perfectly thrown ball, this time by Barkley.

DcmRulz
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Lousy pick there, but Barkley's having an amazing game.

soybean
11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm really interested in 3 SEC games tomorrow:

LSU vs. Alabama
Arkansas vs. South Carolina
Vanderbilt vs. Florida

All should be pretty damn good games

Eh the sec is garbage this year outside of bama and lsu

BRAVEHEART
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM

I guess you never heard about SEC SPEEDZZ!!1!111!!!!!!!

49erNation85
11-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Nice lob and catch from Barkley to Woods.I didn't know there was a game on ha.

DcmRulz
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
record 6th TD pass for Barkley.

BuddyCHRIST
11-04-2011, 11:50 PM

I don't know about garbage, Arkansas is a good team and SC can beat anyone if their QB shows up (especially when they had Lattimore). Its not like there's any conference thats just loaded with NC contenders, obviously theres going to be a drop off.

SickwithIt1010
11-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I have a feeling deep down that Barkley is going to stay, but im not gonna bank on it. Watching him tonight shows me we are pretty spoiled.

hawkeye123
11-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Barkley will return next year. He's a die hard Trojan, will have a chance at national title and heisman, and will have an insane receiving core coming back.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 09:50 AM
They're talking about and LSU/Alabama rematch in the NC even if Boise is undefeated.

"Who cares about fair?" - Kirk

Honestly, I think the polls will rank LSU ahead of Boise still even if they lose today. I think Bama would drop more because theyre the home team. The computers probably won't, but a Boise win over UNLV isnt going to impress the computers much either. The computers are going to start to hate Boise as they finish very weak compared to the other programs.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm ready for some college football!

I really don't care who wins in the so-called Game of the Century. Hell, I hope it ends 3-0 in a 17-yd FG. As long as one of Bama and LSU is 8-1 I'm happy.

I'm rooting for OSU to lose, but I'm sure they'll give K-State an ass-whoopin' just like OU did. Same thing can be said about Oregon/Washington.

TAMU can beat OU just like Tech did. As long as their offense is playing well, they have a shot at the upset.

Stanford/Oregon State, meh. Time for Luck to break some records.

Also I don't give a damn about Arky/SCar. All I know is that neither of these teams deserve to be Top 10.

And yeah, I want more Keenum TDs. UAB's defense will allow at least 7.

And finally, wanna know why Boise/UNLV is so late? Because the beatdown will be so ugly. Halloween-ugly.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Brian Wilson is a strange, strange man.

ElectricEye
11-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Brian Wilson is a strange, strange man.

Well, he just said never bet against the cocks on ESPN....so that's kind of awesome.

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Wilson and Corso were both great.

Demps looks good early vs Vandy.

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Charles Brown with a fantastic INT on a bad throw by Mike Glennon.

Razor
11-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Matt Elam is looking good today. This is my first time watching Florida this year, how's Elam looked so far this year?

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Elam has been pretty great all year, especially in run support. UFs D has some young studs.

TJ Graham with an awesome TD grab in the back of the end zone.

niel89
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
This time the Trees knock down the Beavers!

There were so many more inappropriate ways I could have gone with this one.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Alright, who's in the mood for some Big Ten upsets? Go Hoosiers, Hawks and Gophers!

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Apparently Texas game plan today just said "Run".

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 12:54 PM
And UNC's playbook today consists of the words "suck" and "blow".

ElectricEye
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM

It's pretty damn ugly when they try to do anything else.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2011, 01:04 PM
MarQueis Gray (and Minnesota in general) is light years ahead of where they were a few weeks ago.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 01:04 PM
That is a 35-point quarter for UGA. Ouch!

bearsfan_51
11-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Minnesota up on Michigan State, 24-21, 9:40 in the 3rd quarter.

MarQueis Gray- 242 yds passing, 3 td, 0 int

DaJon McKnight- 7 catches, 144 yards, 3 tds

This against Michigan State, arguably the best defensive in the Big Ten. This and the Iowa win have been total wtf moments.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
That is a 42-point quarter for UGA. Ouch!
Fixed. That may be a record.

Imagine if the RBs were playing...

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Jordan Rodgers leading a pretty good drive to start the 2nd half.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
UNC's football team is the one that should be playing in an aircraft carrier. This way we can dump all players in the sea already.

Except for Coples and the Browns, since they will be useful for NFL teams in the future.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Iowa just got lucky from an Elbow being down but a nice play for Mich .

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 02:11 PM
That's the situation when a QB that can throw is really useful, Michigan.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Michigan FAIL!! haha

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 02:15 PM
No roses for you, Denard!

bearsfan_51
11-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Michigan State holds on to win 31-24.

Still, lots of improvement for the Gophers.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Time for some Luck football on ABC .

JoeJoeBrown
11-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Michigan State holds on to win 31-24.

Still, lots of improvement for the Gophers.

I like Kill. I think he is getting your team back on the right track. A school that big shouldnt be that terrible at football.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Man Luck is a bit off...some of those should have been caught though..like that TD

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 02:44 PM
WOW....how was that not a safety?

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 02:52 PM
bad pick from Luck.

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
ACC refs are insanely bad.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Luck looking unLucky right now

hawkeye123
11-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Andrew Luck is ******* money

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Gotta love the trolls who think a 1-loss Oklahoma would get in the NCG over Boise.

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Touchdown Tommy strikes again! Canes whooping some Duke ass.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
That Luck spin move was sick lol

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I so want the Cardinal to lose but it's almost impossible to root against Luck. I (and most people, of course) like the guy too much.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Owusu just got lit the hell up

ElectricEye
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice cut by Michael there, although it certainly wasn't the sharpest I've ever seen haha.

niel89
11-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Owusu just got lit the hell up

I feel bad for him. He had been getting hit in the head way too often. I hope the guy is fine.

Stanford just keeps losing weapons.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 03:45 PM
what the heck is targeting ?

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I feel bad for him. He had been getting hit in the head way too often. I hope the guy is fine.

Stanford just keeps losing weapons.

Yea I do feel bad for him too. He seems to attract big hits.

ElectricEye
11-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Did Owusu seriously take another blow to the head? Wow. Seems like every time I hear something about him it has something to do with getting killed like that. Legit feel bad for the guy. His draft prospects would be a lot better if he didn't have to deal with all these head injuries.

niel89
11-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Luck is off today. Balls are just a little late and his accuracy is just a few feet off.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Did Owusu seriously take another blow to the head? Wow. Seems like every time I hear something about him it has something to do with getting killed like that. Legit feel bad for the guy. His draft prospects would be a lot better if he didn't have to deal with all these head injuries.

Yea OSU defender lit him up and their helmets collided...looked like Owusu lost consciousness for a while.

niel89
11-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Stanford is now without their top wr and 2 of the 3 TEs. Were not that talented to begin with either.

ElectricEye
11-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Big play by Tannehill and Swope there. Swope could end up being a pretty good prospect.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 04:09 PM
TAMU's kicker has been doing crap all game long. First the missed 35-yarder, now the out-of-bounds kickoff.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Man it would be something if Stanford , OKA State and either LSU or Bama all lose and pushes Boise State up to number 2.Could that ever happen?A very big IF but possible today.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 04:51 PM
God damn Oklahoma...if there was a team I wish would get discovered having many rules violations that would make the irrelevant for half a decade or so, it would be them.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 04:52 PM
HA HA HA the ref just got leveled.Next time get out of the way fool .

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Lamar Miller goes over 1000 yards on the year! Canes taking care of business against Duke.

Razor
11-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Ronnell Lewis with the pick of a deflected pass... Aggies just not making the plays they need to today. Fuller has been a disappointment...

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 04:58 PM
And just a random though, Oregon State always seems to be a tough out for whoever is leading the PAC 1X. They had USC's number for quite a few years.

jrdrylie
11-05-2011, 05:11 PM
What happened to Landy Jones?

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Man it would be something if Stanford , OKA State and either LSU or Bama all lose and pushes Boise State up to number 2.Could that ever happen?A very big IF but possible today.
Would have been possible, but Oregon St. just choked the game away.

I wanted to see the haters' arguments if that happened, though.

djp
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Broyles looks like he's done for the year. Crying on the trainers table. Knee injury.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 05:18 PM

It's gonna be more interesting to see what happens to the loser of the LSU/Alabama game. I'm guessing the polls will still keep them ranked higher than Boise, and the computers will rank Boise higher. But Boise will lose some ground in the computer rankings as they finish weak compared to the other teams hitting the end of their conference schedules.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
It's gonna be more interesting to see what happens to the loser of the LSU/Alabama game. I'm guessing the polls will still keep them ranked higher than Boise, and the computers will rank Boise higher. But Boise will lose some ground in the computer rankings as they finish weak compared to the other teams hitting the end of their conference schedules.
Not at all. Boise still has two Top 50 teams in TCU and SDSU up ahead. As long as those two teams, UGA, AF, Tulsa and Toledo keep winning, an undefeated Boise will be over an one-loss Bama or LSU.

Would help A LOT if the winner won by a big margin, though. Let's say Trent Richardson goes ultimate freaky and Bama beats LSU 45-14 or something like that. There's no way LSU would be voted over Boise (who would be coming off a 50-point win).

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I have no idea what to expect out of this SCAR/ARK game. No clue what so ever. Hopefully it's a good one.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 05:24 PM
What about Stanford...no jump to no. 2 for them?

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 05:27 PM
What about Stanford...no jump to no. 2 for them?
If OSU beats KSU by a small margin, probably.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Not at all. Boise still has two Top 50 teams in TCU and SDSU up ahead. As long as those two teams, UGA, AF, Tulsa and Toledo keep winning, an undefeated Boise will be over an one-loss Bama or LSU.

Would help A LOT if the winner won by a big margin, though. Let's say Trent Richardson goes ultimate freaky and Bama beats LSU 45-14 or something like that. There's no way LSU would be voted over Boise (who would be coming off a 50-point win).

I think so to, with the computer polls. The human polls I'm guessing won't punish LSU or Alabama much depending on how the game goes, particularly LSU since they're on the road. I think the human polls with drops LSU/Bama to 4/5 repsectivly, OSU goes to 2, Stanford to 3, and Boise either 4 or 5.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
If OSU beats KSU by a small margin, probably.

The margin won't matter, it'll be a win over a top 15 team. I think OSU is definitely number 2 this week as long as they win. The computers love the Big 12.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I think so to, with the computer polls. The human polls I'm guessing won't punish LSU or Alabama much, particularly LSU since they're on the road. I think the human polls with drops LSU/Bama to 4/5 repsectivly, OSU goes to 2, Stanford to 3, and Boise either 4 or 5.
I think it will be #1 LSU/Bama winner, #2 Stanford, #3 Oklahoma State, #4 Boise, #5 LSU/Bama loser, #6 Oklahoma, #7 SCAR/Arky winner, #8 Oregon.

Maybe #2 and #3 and #6 and #7 can switch over depending on the margin of victory.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 05:44 PM
The margin won't matter, it'll be a win over a top 15 team. I think OSU is definitely number 2 this week as long as they win. The computers love the Big 12.

Yea I forgot OSU is 3rd thought Stanford was. Well guess now I gotta hope for a KSU upset...not a Stanford fan but would like a Pac-12 team go to the NC

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 05:44 PM
For BCS standings? I don't see any way OkSt won't be number 2. They're number one in the computer polls already, likely to drop to #2 behind the LSU/Bama winner. I don't see why they'd fall behind Stanford with a more impressive win.

As to Boise, I think LSU will rank 4 as long as the game is close but I think Bama will drop behind them with any loss.

LSU/Bama winner, OkSt, Stanford, Boise/LSU, Boise/Bama will be the top 5 depending on tonight's game. Best thing for Boise is LSU blowing out Bama.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 05:45 PM
There is still hope for SCAR or Arkansas to play in the National Championship. lol.

I'm still so bitter that SCAR lost to Auburn by 3 points earlier in the year. That Auburn team wasnt any good at all, but it's hard to win when Garcia goes 9-23 with 4 turnovers. SCARs schedule was so bad this year...this was our year, dammit.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Yea I forgot OSU is 3rd thought Stanford was. Well guess now I gotta hope for a KSU upset...not a Stanford fan but would like a Pac-12 team go to the NC

They still gotta play Oklahoma, but there's no way Stanford will pass OkSt in the polls without an OkSt loss. The polls love the Big 12 this year and OkSt will have a good amount of wins over top 25 teams if they finish undefeated.

niel89
11-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Stanford is such a second half team. They just controlled the game with a ground game.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Best thing for Boise is LSU blowing out Bama.
Couldn't the other way around work as well?

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 05:53 PM
There's just no way a 1 loss school, even LSU or Alabama, will be ranked ahead of Boise if they run the table. It's just not going to happen this year.

And the absolute best case scenario for Boise? Have the winner of the LSU/Alabama game lose to a suddenly rebounding Georgia in the SEC Championship game. It's a long shot, but that would essentially guarantee that Boise stays ahead of all 1 loss teams.

As long as there are no more than two undefeated teams, and Boise is one of them, they will get to play for the championship.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 05:57 PM
There's just no way a 1 loss school, even LSU or Alabama, will be ranked ahead of Boise if they run the table. It's just not going to happen this year.

And the absolute best case scenario for Boise? Have the winner of the LSU/Alabama game lose to a suddenly rebounding Georgia in the SEC Championship game. It's a long shot, but that would essentially guarantee that Boise stays ahead of all 1 loss teams.

As long as there are no more than two undefeated teams, and Boise is one of them, they will get to play for the championship.
The sentence in bold should be transplanted into Boise-haters' brains.

A Georgia win over LSU/Bama in the SEC CG could not only give Boise a title game berth but would also give them the #1 spot depending on Stanford and Ok. St.'s SOS.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Georgia is pretty overrated. They havent even played anyone. Their schedule is absolute cake. And they've been in some tough games against the SEC's worst. If they get to the championship game, it's going to be a blood bath.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Couldn't the other way around work as well?

Other way is good too, but the home team losing would definitely be worth more. Blow out is the best case scenario, and Bama is easier to fall behind Boise cause they're ranked lower and they're the home team.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Georgia is pretty overrated. They havent even played anyone. Their schedule is absolute cake. And they've been in some tough games against the SEC's worst.
True, but Bama's schedule is even easier.

So, Michigan, Michigan St., Nebraska and Wisconsin all have 2 losses, and they'll get in a BCS bowl over undefeated Houston. **** the system.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 06:02 PM
The sentence in bold should be transplanted into Boise-haters' brains.

I really don't think there's anyone on here that disputes that. Thats why I'll be a Stanford fan next weekend.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I really don't think there's anyone on here that disputes that. Thats why I'll be a Stanford fan next weekend.
People here are sane. You should take a look at ESPN's boards for Boise games. That's better than Comedy Central. All they come up with is "Boise's schedule sucks" while they don't realize Bama's OOC schedule is ten times worse.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
True, but Bama's schedule is even easier.

So, Michigan, Michigan St., Nebraska and Wisconsin all have 2 losses, and they'll get in a BCS bowl over undefeated Houston. **** the system.

Ohio State has 3 and can still easily make a BCS bowl.

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 06:04 PM
People here are sane. You should take a look at ESPN's boards for Boise games. That's better than Comedy Central.

You don't even need a message board, just look at what they said on game day.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 06:04 PM
A Stanford vs Boise game would be awesome.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 06:05 PM
You don't even need a message board, just look at what they said on game day.
I don't get GameDay, what happened?

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Ohio State has 3 and can still easily make a BCS bowl.
UConn was 8-4 in the 6th (maybe 7th) best conference last year and made it to a BCS bowl.

BCS bowls, AQ statuses and computer polls need to die in hell. That's the goddamn truth. Won't happen for two basic reasons: money and fear of seeing SEC teams being blown out by Boise, TCU, Houston and "little sisters of the poor".

Smooth Criminal
11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't get GameDay, what happened?

They just wrote of Boise pretty bad. Said a rematch would easily happen over a Boise national championship appearance.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
A rematch would be absolutely awful, and it wouldn't be fair to whoever won it the first time.

ESPN and the other sports media sources can't afford to piss off the sports leagues or the NCAA.

CashmoneyDrew
11-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Watching my favorite team play the university I currently attend. Such a funny thing.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 06:22 PM
They just wrote of Boise pretty bad. Said a rematch would easily happen over a Boise national championship appearance.
I'll look for it.

And lol at TAMU going for two, pretending they have a shot.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Wow, UAB is actually giving Houston some trouble.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I want a good QB soooo bad.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow, UAB is actually giving Houston some trouble.

I think when people talk down about Boise, they are picturing teams like Houston or the Colt Brennan Hawaii team that got to the BCS and got stomped.

Boise is so incredibly much more solid overall than those teams.

Those teams play absolutely no defense. Boise State plays quite well on defense.

Those teams have weak o-lines and are completely overmatched by more physical defensive fronts. Boise has some o-lineman who will be playing in the NFL.

Those teams don't focus on running the ball at all and when they do, basically just use WRs in the backfield. Boise has Doug Martin who will be a 2nd/3rd round pick and is overall very solid.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I want a good QB soooo bad.

Shaw is at least way better than Garcia.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 06:54 PM
225 pound Freshman power back. Wilds is going to be such a monster in a few years.

Keep throwing those screens to Alshon!

7-3 SCAR on the Wilds TD.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Shaw is at least way better than Garcia.

He is, but he's not much of a passer. Guy always wants to take off at any hint of pressure.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Ugh....what a ******* waste. Let's just give this game away.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 06:57 PM
He is, but he's not much of a passer. Guy always wants to take off at any hint of pressure.

****, that made Blaine Gabbert a first round pick.

Regadless, still better than Garcia.

Giantsfan1080
11-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Rutgers and South Florida is setting back offensive football at least 100 years. I feel like I'm watching the first college game ever.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 07:08 PM
My gut says Alabama by 10, with the game not really as close as the score may indicate.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Bama wins 24-14. Lock it up.

Giantsfan1080
11-05-2011, 07:10 PM
My gut says Alabama by 10, with the game not really as close as the score may indicate.

I'm with you on this. Better coach and home field advantage for Bama.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Wow....Huge broken coverage by SCAR. And a dropped wide open easy TD, Braylon Edwards style.

CashmoneyDrew
11-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Alabama by 1.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 07:11 PM
AMAZING INT by Devin Taylor for 6666666666666666.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Wow....Huge broken coverage by SCAR. And a dropped wide open easy TD, Braylon Edwards style.

Oh, ok. Better than Ted Ginn style at least.

dunagan15
11-05-2011, 07:12 PM
LSU 20-13...do work

SickwithIt1010
11-05-2011, 07:15 PM
This game is gonna be harrrrrrrrrd hitting.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh my god...awesome defense SCAR. Jesus.

SCAR has lead for like 8 seconds this game.

ShutDwn
11-05-2011, 07:18 PM
LSU-Bama is a midseason bowl game, it's so big.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey Trent, you have something stuck...to the back...of your head......

I just want to grab his hair and pull it off. It looks awful.

cmarq83
11-05-2011, 07:19 PM
You can tell from the opening series that this is going to be a good one.

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 07:23 PM
The speed, the strength, the systems each team runs....this game looks like a pro matchup.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 07:30 PM
I think when people talk down about Boise, they are picturing teams like Houston or the Colt Brennan Hawaii team that got to the BCS and got stomped.

Boise is so incredibly much more solid overall than those teams.

Those teams play absolutely no defense. Boise State plays quite well on defense.

Those teams have weak o-lines and are completely overmatched by more physical defensive fronts. Boise has some o-lineman who will be playing in the NFL.

Those teams don't focus on running the ball at all and when they do, basically just use WRs in the backfield. Boise has Doug Martin who will be a 2nd/3rd round pick and is overall very solid.
Houston has actually been good this year. They're just having a bad day today and they'll obviously win this game.

People said BSU would suck when Zabransky and Johnson left, and that didn't happen. People said BSU would suck when Young and Pettis left, and that isn't happening. People are saying that BSU will suck as soon as Moore is gone, and guess what, that won't happen too.

As long as Chris Peterson is there, Boise will be a Top 10 team.

JoeJoeBrown
11-05-2011, 07:33 PM
How the eff is Lundquist employed? He is terrible.

49erNation85
Lee just got knocked over by hightower nicee.

ATLDirtyBirds
I want Brad Wing on the Falcons right now.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I hate Lee and Jefferson...both suck at QB....but then again...I hate LSU period. Only guy I ever liked from there was Trindon Holliday

FuzzyGopher
11-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Nice tackling technique.

Rabscuttle
11-05-2011, 07:39 PM
McCarron delivering from the endzone - like a boss.

FuzzyGopher
11-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Trent Richardson looks like he runs a 7 second 40.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 07:43 PM
10 points? Insurmountable SCAR lost.

Might want to cover someone Victor Hampton. This is sad.

Rabscuttle
11-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Trent Richardson looks like he runs a 7 second 40.

He doesn't look fast until he's breaking one off. Often he just smashes defenders and wears them down until he finds his spots. He's a pretty sadistic runner. Lacy is going to miss him a lot.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 07:46 PM
HA Bama is choking .

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I dont like Connor Shaw.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Almost 1/4 through the game and all I have to say is that I expected more.

BeerBaron
Lee-ception. There's the Jarrett Lee we all remember.

draftguru151
Welcome back Jarrett Lee.

Raiderz4Life
11-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Lee with the pick....terrible throw...terrible play period.

Rabscuttle
Lester has just missed on so many picks this year. Finally got another one.

BeerBaron
I think that gave Alabama some momentum. This game is way too physical for either defense to get short fields on short rest due to a turnover.

JRTPlaya21
11-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Wowwwww what a fail of a drop for Arkansas.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Arkansas is ******* up bad with dropped TDs and missed FGs. SCAR cant capitalize, though.

Rabscuttle
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
How many matchups do you see where just about every starting defensive player is going to be drafted with most of those in the top three rounds?

soybean
11-05-2011, 07:56 PM
final score... 6 - 3 -_-

BeerBaron
11-05-2011, 07:57 PM
How many matchups do you see where just about every starting defensive player is going to be drafted with most of those in the top three rounds?

Purely defense? None. But the USC/Texas championship game probably produced the most highly drafted pros of any other game in recent memory.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 07:59 PM
final score... 6 - 3 -_-
That would be really good for Ok. St, Stanford and Boise.

Or not.

jrdrylie
Hey Bama, stop kicking field goals! Just go for it.

FuzzyGopher
Saban is obsessed with long field goals, I don't get it.

BeerBaron
Did anyone else feel that block coming?

Rabscuttle
11-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Saban with a wtf moment.

Just play some field position and his team is up. Pressing too hard.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Anyone ever block a kick? I blocked one once ever back in my day, and it hurt like a *****. lol. It was also like 30 degrees.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Field goal blocked! Things are getting interesting!

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Anyone ever block a kick? I blocked one once ever back in my day, and it hurt like a *****. lol. It was also like 30 degrees.
Well, I once broke my middle finger catching a 15-yd pass in a flag game. If I blocked a field goal, I would probably lose my hand.

Pit Bull #53
11-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Anyone else's CBS drop out of HD? Mine's been in standard def for the past 10 minutes for some reason and it's ****ing me off.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Well, I once broke my middle finger catching a 15-yd pass in a flag game. If I blocked a field goal, I would probably lose my hand.

haha. I had a buddy break his wrist while blocking a kick when we were pee wee's. He kind of just ran into it, though...but it still counts.

JRTPlaya21
11-05-2011, 08:06 PM

I've been kicked at when trying to hold a block while my kicker attempted a field goal lol. No fun at all.

Rabscuttle
11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
That was a nice run by Ware.

The first down was good, but rocking the pile was impressive.

Jefferson hates that receiver like he hates random white people he meets in bar parking lots

draftguru151
11-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Game of the Century woooooooooooo.

JRTPlaya21
11-05-2011, 08:15 PM
KSU up 3 btw for all those who don't know.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Game of the Century woooooooooooo.
Manchester City vs. Queens Park Rangers for the English Premier League this afternoon was better.

Don't look now, but K-State is leading!!!

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Big return....yesssssssss.

49erNation85
11-05-2011, 08:18 PM
GO Kansas State . OKA state is way overrated.

hawkeye123
11-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Let's leave the best player wide open with no one 10 yards near him!

jrdrylie
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
McCaron might have a weaker arm than Kellen Moore. He even floats a screen pass.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 08:22 PM
GO Kansas State . OKA state is way overrated.
#2 Stanford and #3 Boise State?? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

CJSchneider
11-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Alabama strikes first.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Connor, you're an idiot.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:28 PM
TD Connor Shaw...still alive.

jrdrylie
11-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Alabama strikes first.

With how bad these offenses are, that may be enough.

islandboy843
11-05-2011, 08:32 PM
CBS worst announcers ever

dunagan15
hahahaha verne lunquidst INTERCEPTION...oh what...I mean caught

Brodeur
CBS worst announcers ever

It's very hard to tell the difference in White and Crimson Red sometimes, or remember who's on offense.

BRAVEHEART
11-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Watching these two teams reminds me that it's somewhat of a down year (compared to some of the elite teams in the past 5 to 10).

jrdrylie
11-05-2011, 08:33 PM
They also said Alabama was rushing three, but I'm pretty sure they rushed 5 on that play.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I wonder how much Brison Williams got paid to throw this game?

Running into the kicker and then just straight falling down on two deep completions. Neat.

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Watching these two teams reminds me that it's somewhat of a down year (compared to some of the elite teams in the past 5 to 10).
Yeah... I mean, SCar and Arkansas are an example of this.

BeerBaron
They also said Alabama was rushing three, but I'm pretty sure they rushed 5 on that play.

Yeah, these announcers have been missing all night.

Herbstreit pissed me off last week with the whole last play of the USC game thing, but where the hell is he tonight? Where is the a-team announcers for the biggest game of the year?

Rabscuttle
I think college football fans have grown used to watching teams play most of their games with nothing resembling defenses on the field.

M.O.T.H.
11-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I think college football fans have grown used to watching teams play most of their games with nothing resembling defenses on the field.

Not me....it's all we got. But today they look like ass.

BeerBaron

Don't forget, these are two of the best defenses in the country. There is a huge difference between great defensive football and simply playing poor offense. There have been a few slip ups by each defense, but they've been unbelievably solid.

I'd rather watch games like this than Big 12 "even the loser puts up 500 yards!" games.

49erNation85
Dam you Saban ,

RealityCheck
11-05-2011, 08:42 PM
All this hype for a game that's tied at three at half?

JRTPlaya21
11-05-2011, 08:42 PM
So who was that pages ago saying OSU was overrated? How about we wait until the game is over first

hawkeye123
11-05-2011, 08:43 PM
All this hype for a game that's tied at three at half?

Both these teams have pretty good defenses...

Rabscuttle
11-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Not me....it's all we got. But today they look like ass.

Things have gone sideways on the cocks this year. Should have been showcasing some very nice talent. Oh well.