Denver @ Oakland
New York Giants @ New England
Green Bay @ San Diego
St. Louis @ Arizona

Sunday Night

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Monday Night

Chicago @ Philadelphia

Notes: Dream team will be Vicktorious once again...

stephenson86
11-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Tebow will once again lead the league in incomplete passes.

Really excited for BAL v PIT, that game should have some major fireworks.

Not many formalities this week, I am on the fence for about half of those games.

49erNation85
11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
go 49ers!!whipp'em skins this Sunday boom.

bored of education
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Is Breed that awesome Eagles Poster that was banned?

I'll be in KC for this game wooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complex
11-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I like Breeds thread better than Hines tbh, more organized.

V.I.P
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
LeGarrette Blount, Gerald McCoy, and Mason Foster all will be back in the starting lineup this week. That bye was well needed.

In other news, Raheem Morris is undefeated after bye weeks.... So therefore we will sweep the Saints.

MetSox17
11-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I hope we pound the everloving **** out of Seattle

49erNation85
11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Metsox I don't think you guys will have any problems.Seattle is just so horrible I dunno how they won two games.

BeerBaron
11-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Everyone sick of the Bears in primetime games yet? No? Good...

Mr. Goosemahn
11-01-2011, 10:25 PM
You're all stealing Hines' thunder!

MetSox17
11-01-2011, 10:36 PM

Another Bears game..?

I can't take it anymore. I.. just.. can't.

Ness
11-01-2011, 10:42 PM
go 49ers!!whipp'em skins this Sunday boom.

I have a bad feeling about the Redskins game. They just got shut out. They should be really focused heading into this contest. I'm not sure how attendance is doing at FedEx Field, but I always find that stadium to be intimidating just because it has the second most amount of seats.

BloodBrother
11-01-2011, 11:19 PM
So many good match-ups this week. Makes up for the crap that was Week 8

SickwithIt1010
11-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Would you stop posting **** like this?

Raiderz4Life
11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Denver should be a nice rebound game for us. I will die of shame if Tim ************* Tebow beats us.

Complex
11-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Denver should be a nice rebound game for us. I will die of shame if Tim ************* Tebow beats us.

I think you guys are getting worst and worst with every trade/signing, can't wait for the Rudi Johnson signing later this week.

Pat Sims 90
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Palmer should make it a close game.

Thecollegedropout
11-01-2011, 11:45 PM
NYJ/BUF is going to be war like it always is when both teams are competitive. I don't know how the Jets will do it but boy that would be a huge win to win at Ralph Wilson with a chance to legit make a mark in the AFC East vs NE at Metlife the week after.

Cannot look past Buffalo at all, they can gash the Jets easily if NYJ doesn't come prepared to play.

I think Buffalo will edge the Jets out in a possible OT thriller. Wacky games always happen at Ralph Wilson, Jets have had problems at times when Buffalo is decent.

Brad Smith will be a big player this game looking to smite his ex team. Same goes for Aaron Maybin who will be after Fitzpatrick and look to force a fumble.

Hurricanes25
11-01-2011, 11:49 PM
^Fred Jackson scares the hell out of me. He's very underrated and with our bad run defense, he could have a huge game against us. If he goes off, I expect Buffalo to win.

49erNation85
11-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I have a bad feeling about the Redskins game. They just got shut out. They should be really focused heading into this contest. I'm not sure how attendance is doing at FedEx Field, but I always find that stadium to be intimidating just because it has the second most amount of seats.

Yea but compared to Ford field in Detroit it will be nothing.So this should be an easy win specially for our defense with Beck at QB.We should blow them out no problem .

SuperMcGee
11-02-2011, 12:55 AM
NYJ/BUF is going to be war like it always is when both teams are competitive. I don't know how the Jets will do it but boy that would be a huge win to win at Ralph Wilson with a chance to legit make a mark in the AFC East vs NE at Metlife the week after.

Cannot look past Buffalo at all, they can gash the Jets easily if NYJ doesn't come prepared to play.

I think Buffalo will edge the Jets out in a possible OT thriller. Wacky games always happen at Ralph Wilson, Jets have had problems at times when Buffalo is decent.

Brad Smith will be a big player this game looking to smite his ex team. Same goes for Aaron Maybin who will be after Fitzpatrick and look to force a fumble.

Brad Smith will probably not be a big player in this game. At least not in a big play capacity. Could convert some big short yardage plays. Might get a chance at the field if the coverage is frustrating Fitz, but unlikely. I don't think he does more than he had just because it's against his old team. If Donald Jones is back, then there's little opportunity for him that doesn't involve taking Fitzpatrick off of the field.
It'll be a very tough game, for sure.

BloodBrother
11-02-2011, 01:35 AM

Tebow vs Palmer is gonna rock

nobodyinparticular
11-02-2011, 01:40 AM
I think you guys are getting worst and worst with every trade/signing, can't wait for the Rudi Johnson signing later this week.

Rudi Johnson is amazing. He and Domanick Davis led me to a fantasy football championship in 2004. If DMC goes down, I would love to bring Rudi in to Oakland. I don't think these guys would miss a beat. He would know Hue Jackson's system for sure.

NotRickJames
11-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Huge week for the Raiders. Carson has had practice time now, so no excuses. Divisional game right off the bat.

Have to be feeling good about our chances with Tebow playing as poorly as he has been.

yodabear
11-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Ur not Hines Ward......

holt_bruce81
11-02-2011, 04:42 AM
If the rams lose to the ******* cardinals I'm going to be pissed.

VernonLawson89
11-02-2011, 04:49 AM
John Beck is gonna get raped

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Palmer should make it a close game.

Hey. Hey. Not funny dude. You do not get to act this way. That is like a rapist making fun of his rape victim. Not cool dude.

bucfan12
11-02-2011, 07:19 AM

It's better than seeing the Colts 3 times so far...

bucfan12
11-02-2011, 07:20 AM
If the rams lose to the ******* cardinals I'm going to be pissed.

If Bradford starts, then be prepared to lose... AJ Feeley?

tjsunstein
11-02-2011, 07:31 AM
No mention of San Deigo/ Green Bay yet? Might be the best game of the week.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2011, 07:33 AM

Not with the way Rivers is playing.

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 07:34 AM

I think everyone is pretty disillusioned with San Diego. I am. A week ago I thought they might have a chance of winning, but now...meh. Rivers is playing awful right now.

bucfan12
11-02-2011, 07:38 AM

I'd still go with Pit/Bal as the game of the week.

San Diego can't beat anyone that's good. Green Bay might win by 14

Hines
11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
**** the Ravens.

That said, it's going to be a bloodbath and I hope I can go to the game.

jrdrylie
11-02-2011, 08:01 AM

The Bears actually looked good in their prime time game against the Vikings.

Bulldogs
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Would you stop posting **** like this?

Trololololol

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/steelers-will-have-to-get-creative-on-defense-this-week/

Harrison, Woodley, Farrior and Worilds are all likely out this week for the Steelers. Part of me expects Ray Rice to have another big game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/bad-sign-for-cardinals-john-skelton-is-a-popular-guy/

Fans want John Skelton in Arizona. Kolb has a foot injury and is up in the air right now. If the Cards start Skelton and beat the Rams, it would be really hard to go back to Kolb...

jrdrylie
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/steelers-will-have-to-get-creative-on-defense-this-week/

Harrison, Woodley, Farrior and Worilds are all likely out this week for the Steelers. Part of me expects Ray Rice to have another big game.

Hmm, I might need to change my pick.

Splat
11-02-2011, 10:42 AM

Seeing Jay Cutler sacked never gets old.

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Seeing Jay Cutler sacked never gets old.

Dude is made of iron. I keep saying that any other QB would be dead by now. At first, it was jokingly. But anymore....

I mean, he had J'Marcus Webb as his blindside protector. It would literally be better for the team if they just replaced him with an actual turnstyle. It would slow the pass rush down just as much, but it would be incapable of false starts or holding.

Splat
11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
No doubt. I hate Jay Cutler but never for a second did I think he wasn't/isn't tough. I thought the whole thing was a joke.

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
No doubt. I hate Jay Cutler but never for a second did I think he wasn't/isn't tough. I thought the whole thing was a joke.

The Bears handled it very, very poorly. He should never have been reinserted into the game after halftime if he was really hurt. (Turns out he was.)

Standing on the sideline in uniform did not help the situation. It was all just a big mess.

jrdrylie
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Dude is made of iron. I keep saying that any other QB would be dead by now. At first, it was jokingly. But anymore....

I mean, he had J'Marcus Webb as his blindside protector. It would literally be better for the team if they just replaced him with an actual turnstyle. It would slow the pass rush down just as much, but it would be incapable of false starts or holding.

Correction, he HAS J'Marcus Webb as his blindside protector. No had about it.

vidae
11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm in the same situation.. I can't stand Cutler but I do respect him as a player. Look at all the **** he has had to put up with, haha.

Now Rivers on the other hand, I can't stand at a cellular level. I want to punch his stupid face every time I see it.

jrdrylie
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm in the same situation.. I can't stand Cutler but I do respect him as a player. Look at all the **** he has had to put up with, haha.

Now Rivers on the other hand, I can't stand at a cellular level. I want to punch his stupid face every time I see it.

Yeah, I don't like Rivers either. Maybe it is because he kind of looks Elmer Fudd with hair.

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Correction, he HAS J'Marcus Webb as his blindside protector. No had about it.

I think it was a typo but it may have just been a Freudian slip too.

vidae
11-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I think it was a typo but it may have just been a Freudian slip too.

I promise you that one day he will be cut and you will have an elite franchise type LT. This I swear!

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I promise you that one day he will be cut and you will have an elite franchise type LT. This I swear!

I don't think those exist anymore. Or we were just really really spoiled with them for a little while. There's no one in today's game who is even close to Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden, pre-injuries Tony Bossellli, etc.

Right now we have.....Duane Brown? Maybe? Uh....Marcus McNeil maybe? No one even close to the caliber of those old "franchise" LTs.

Splat
11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
The Chiefs better win the next two because Murderers Row starts after that.

@Patriots

Steelers

@Bears

@Jets

Packers

Good times.

nepg
11-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I like the Chiefs against the Bears and Jets. They're playing well enough to have a shot in any of those games, though.

bantx
11-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm still waiting for Rivers break out game, but I get less discouraged every week. I'm still hopeful come on rivers damnit!

Complex
11-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm still waiting for Rivers break out game, but I get less discouraged every week. I'm still hopeful come on rivers damnit!

Same for Titans fans and Chris Johnson, its sucks.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 12:32 PM

Same for Titans fans and Chris Johnson, its sucks.

I have both of em on my fantasy team, how do you think I feel.

tjsunstein
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Rivers should be able to put up numbers against GB.

Smooth Criminal
11-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm playing against Rivers in fantasy this week, so expect the best day of his career.

Complex
11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
I have both of em on my fantasy team, how do you think I feel.

I traded for Chris Johnson. Rivers is my QB well it was now its him or Hasselbeck.I traded Peyton Hillis for Roddy White which was upgrade I guess since Roddy has scored like 2 Tds for me.

Complex
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Every time somebody asks me [a question], they’re always talking about Mike Wallace. But they have a guy No. 84 in Antonio Brown who is better than 17 [Wallace] in all aspects of the game,” Webb said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “He’s a great returner, a great wide receiver

They’re actually a better team with 88 [Emmanuel Sanders] than with Hines Ward,” Webb said.

He is right about the Hines part.

BeerBaron
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah...Hines, and if he's not already, I think Donald Driver in Green Bay will suffer this soon, just cannot produce like the plethora of youngsters at the same position can.

Both guys (especially Hines) are huge fan and locker room favorites though. I'd have a hard time seeing the team ever cut the guy...

CDCB14
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Early Games

Miami @ Kansas City
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
San Francisco @ Washington
New York Jets @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ Indianapolis
Cleveland @ Houston
Seattle @ Dallas

Late Games

Cincinnati @ Tennessee
Denver @ Oakland
New York Giants @ New England
Green Bay @ San Diego
St. Louis @ Arizona

Sunday Night

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Monday Night

Chicago @ Philadelphia

How are they a dream team when they are so flawed? They don't even have the most talent team in football, so they aren't even the best dream team. And Michael Vick sucks...

He's a winner alright, with his great TWO playoff wins, and the way he didn't lose the game for his team last year by throwing a horrible interception.....

You are right though man.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
How are they a dream team when they are so flawed? They don't even have the most talent team in football, so they aren't even the best dream team. And Michael Vick sucks...

He's a winner alright, with his great TWO playoff wins, and the way he didn't lose the game for his team last year by throwing a horrible interception.....

You are right though man.

No he doesnt.

When did he say anything that would lead you to write this? He didnt say he was a winner, or anything about his playoff games. He made a stupid joke and now your throwing a fit because youre obviously a cowboy fan.

There are bigger things to worry about in life man.

mqtirishfan
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah...Hines, and if he's not already, I think Donald Driver in Green Bay will suffer this soon, just cannot produce like the plethora of youngsters at the same position can.

Both guys (especially Hines) are huge fan and locker room favorites though. I'd have a hard time seeing the team ever cut the guy...

Yeah, Driver is pretty invisible in the Packers offense this year. I really hope he retires after the season, so that he doesn't get cut.

BloodBrother
11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
He already said he wants to play until he's 40. If that is the case, he won't be playing his last few years in GB. I think this is his last season on the team

CDCB14
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM
No he doesnt.

When did he say anything that would lead you to write this? He didnt say he was a winner, or anything about his playoff games. He made a stupid joke and now your throwing a fit because youre obviously a cowboy fan.

There are bigger things to worry about in life man.

If you don't think Breed is the most annoying homer in the history of this board, than you are on something.

People can keep believing in Vick though, its not like he's going to do anything. And the eagles roster will be blown up after this year with all the free agents and no cap room, and since they aren't going to win the super bowl.... have fun lol.

tjsunstein
11-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Donald Driver needs to stay in Green Bay after his playing days are over. I could definitely see him coaching in some capacity. But I agree with the sentiment that his days are coming to an end.

ShutDwn
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
If you don't think Breed is the most annoying homer in the history of this board, than you are on something.

People can keep believing in Vick though, its not like he's going to do anything. And the eagles roster will be blown up after this year with all the free agents and no cap room, and since they aren't going to win the super bowl.... have fun lol.

You sound drunk.

Breed
11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
You sound drunk.

Yeah, he has to be...

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM

I never said he wasnt, I have said that he is many, many times. But for you to get on and just start picking a fight with him is ridiculously lame.

Breed should stop being a massive homer, and you need to stop being a massive douche.

Raiderz4Life
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I never said he wasnt, I have said that he is many, many times. But for you to get on and just start picking a fight with him is ridiculously lame.

Breed should stop being a massive homer, and you need to stop being a massive douche.

He's just being fuelled by the rest of us. If we just ignored him he might go away but that'll never happen. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing though. Adds a little humour to things.

Breed
11-02-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm here to talk football just like each and everyone of you gentlemen.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
He's just being fuelled by the rest of us. If we just ignored him he might go away but that'll never happen. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing though. Adds a little humour to things.

Im an eagles fan, and it pisses me off...big time.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm here to talk football just like each and everyone of you gentlemen.

No, youre here to toot the eagles' horns.

Breed
11-02-2011, 08:38 PM
No, youre here to toot the eagles' horns.

Toot the horn? Everyything i have said has been true...

We're a dream team, and Vick is elite.... We will win the NFC East, and we will last longer than GB in the playoffs,

Raiderz4Life
11-02-2011, 08:39 PM

We're a dream team, and Vick is elite.... We will win the NFC East, and we will last longer than GB in the playoffs,

^^^ see this is that humour I was talking about ahaha

tjsunstein
11-02-2011, 09:17 PM

I like how easy you make it for the rest of us to hate you.

DoughBoy
11-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I can't believe you guys actually think hes being serious.

CDCB14
11-02-2011, 10:03 PM

But none of those things are true...

tjsunstein
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I can't believe you guys actually think hes being serious.
He was serious about all of those things at one point.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 11:25 PM
He was serious about all of those things at one point.

Please dont judge me TJ...just for being a fan of the same team as him :(

Raiderz4Life
11-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Please dont judge me TJ...just for being a fan of the same team as him :(

You're ok lol you're usually pretty good....takes a special person to reach Breed status

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 11:36 PM
You're ok lol you're usually pretty good....takes a special person to reach Breed status

Yeah if im going to homer up, its usually gonna be with the Lakers more than anyone.

Hines
11-03-2011, 12:18 AM

A dream team with a 3-4 record and a ****** ass defense.

Breed
11-03-2011, 04:25 AM
A dream team with a 3-4 record and a ****** ass defense.

I've been a member since Week 2, so i know that you get mad when someone makes this thread before you....

Hines
11-03-2011, 06:08 AM
I've been a member since Week 2, so i know that you get mad when someone makes this thread before you....

Obviously it doesn't if I didn't make a big deal about it. You obviously don't read when I say I don't care if someone else does it.

DcmRulz
11-03-2011, 06:11 AM
It's already the halfway mark of the season, it looks like the teams (barring injury) are now out there, playing up to the talent level they should have been. You'll probably see some weeding out between the good teams and the bad teams over the next 4-5 weeks.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 07:20 AM
It's already the halfway mark of the season, it looks like the teams (barring injury) are now out there, playing up to the talent level they should have been. You'll probably see some weeding out between the good teams and the bad teams over the next 4-5 weeks.

Eh, I disagree. There are still some teams with major question marks who could have a major impact on the rest of the season.

A few examples:

49ers - Are they really this good? They have an unbelievably easy schedule coming up and could actually clinch the division by Thanksgiving. That's pretty unbelievable.

Giants - Lose to the lousy Redskins and a VERY lousy Seattle team...get stomped early on by Miami before coming back...what kind of team are they?

Chargers - They're still 4-3 with a shot at their division. Will Rivers put it together or not?

Raiders - How bad will they be with Palmer?

Bears - Can't seem to hang with the upper echelon teams in the NFC, but have so far beat all of their primary Wildcard competition (Falcons, Bucs.) Beating the Eagles on Monday night will help that also. Remember, they had similar struggles early on last year but pulled together after a curb stomping at the hands of the Giants. This year, that came at the hands of the Lions and they've been winning since then. Could definitely still play a role in how the NFC shakes out.

jrdrylie
11-03-2011, 08:16 AM

You are the Dream Team? Nobody with a 3-4 record can be considered a dream team.

Vick is elite? He has 11 TDs and 8 INTs. He has never had consecutive winning seasons. He has never taken a team to the playoffs in consecutive seasons. He has never won anything. He has played 16 games in a season once. He is far from elite.

You will win the NFC East? At best, the Eagles are going to finish 10-6. The Giants at worst will be 9-7. Is it possible? Yes. But everything has to go their way.

You will last longer than GB in the playoffs? No. Just no.

descendency
11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I hate that we have to play the Giants this week. They struggle against bad teams, but still win. They play out of their mind against good teams.

They seem to just play up to their competitions level.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I hate that we have to play the Giants this week. They struggle against bad teams, but still win. They play out of their mind against good teams.

They seem to just play up to their competitions level.

They remind me a bit of the Jaguars during the middle part of last decade. They'd play out of their minds and barely lose to the best teams, sometimes even beating them, then turn around the next week and get stomped by the David Carr Texans or someone like that

That Seahawks loss is just unforgivable for the Giants. Then getting behind vs. Miami didn't help.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 09:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/peterson-faces-most-eight-man-fronts-in-league/

Interesting. Adrian Peterson faces the most 8 man fronts out of any RB in the league, but has still managed 217 yards and 4 TDs against them.

And if you don't stack the box, he averages 5.37 YPC. Imagine if he were actually on a decent team?

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/philip-rivers-says-the-lip-readers-are-wrong/

Rivers says he didn't say "Worst Day Ever."

The AP also says that he is playing with a chest injury he suffered in week 2 against the Pats which may explain his accuracy problems.

That wouldn't however explain his poor decision making though...

brat316
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
BeerBaron. Pay DA Man.

If he gets tagged, if shouldn't sign later. Hold them at ransom for the ridiculous amount they have to pay him for the 1 year.

I wonder how that makes other Bears players feel, if you perform you might not get paid. Except for Lance Briggs, that dude is greedy.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM
BeerBaron. Pay DA Man.

If he gets tagged, if shouldn't sign later. Hold them at ransom for the ridiculous amount they have to pay him for the 1 year.

I wonder how that makes other Bears players feel, if you perform you might not get paid. Except for Lance Briggs, that dude is greedy.

Before the season, I was against paying Forte DeAngelo Williams+ money. I'm starting to come around a little on that now, since he really does seem to be an elite player, but the team is definitely interested only in franchise tagging him after this year.

And yeah, Briggs is a greedy douche. We DID let him hit free agency a few years back and no one wanted to pay him what he thinks he's worth. We bring him back for a deal that's honestly not that bad, and he's still bitching.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
They remind me a bit of the Jaguars during the middle part of last decade. They'd play out of their minds and barely lose to the best teams, sometimes even beating them, then turn around the next week and get stomped by the David Carr Texans or someone like that

That Seahawks loss is just unforgivable for the Giants. Then getting behind vs. Miami didn't help.

Yup....that's the Giant way...

I have a bad feeling the Seattle loss will haunt us for the rest of the season. That was a bad loss. I thought we needed to go 6-1 to feel comfortable about finishing 10-6 on the season. At 5-2...I'm not so comfortable. We basically have no room for error the rest of the season, and have to upset 1 team we assume we'll lose to along the way.

It's not going to be easy, especially with our track record of falling apart towards the end of the season under Coughlin.

Miami...they just didn't show up for that game. The Giants tried sleepwalking through the game and they just managed to pull it out once they woke up in the second half.

The schemes on both sides of the ball were so basic the first half, it almost looked like we were treating it like a PS game. I don't like how the Giants do that, but it is what it is.

Rosebud
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM

To be fair we were driving for the game winning TD when Cruz slipping led to a pick 6 that sealed that game...so yeah, the giants just like having to come back for the win against teams, it's clearly how they keep themselves from getting bored...

bigbluedefense
11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/philip-rivers-says-the-lip-readers-are-wrong/

Rivers says he didn't say "Worst Day Ever."

The AP also says that he is playing with a chest injury he suffered in week 2 against the Pats which may explain his accuracy problems.

That wouldn't however explain his poor decision making though...

I knew something was off...

But even then...he didn't have a good first week or 2nd week either. He's been off even before this supposed chest injury.

So I don't know what's going on with him. All I know is he's killing my fantasy team.

brat316
11-03-2011, 11:28 AM
speaking of Cruz, man that guy is crafty. Made everyone forget about Steve Smith.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
To be fair we were driving for the game winning TD when Cruz slipping led to a pick 6 that sealed that game...so yeah, the giants just like having to come back for the win against teams, it's clearly how they keep themselves from getting bored...

It definitely should not have even been that close. The Giants should have won that one by 3 TDs. They just...didn't.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 11:31 AM
The Jaguars is an unfair comparison. They haven't won a division title since Del Rio has been there and they are about the most boring team in the NFL to watch.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 11:34 AM
The Jaguars is an unfair comparison. They haven't won a division title since Del Rio has been there and they are about the most boring team in the NFL to watch.

It's more about the way they played. Always up or down to their competition, rarely getting outright blown out but rarely blowing anyone out either.

Additionally, if the Colts were in your division, Coughlin probably wouldn't have a division title either.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM
No Bradshaw for the Giants this week against the Pats. Probably no Bradshaw for at least the next month.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/kevin-kolb-looks-unlikely-to-face-rams/

No Kevin Kolb this week either it looks like.

Who else hopes that John Skelton just destroys the Rams and wins? Going back to Kolb would be awfully hard to justify at that point.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 11:39 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/kevin-kolb-looks-unlikely-to-face-rams/

No Kevin Kolb this week either it looks like.

Who else hopes that John Skelton just destroys the Rams and wins? Going back to Kolb would be awfully hard to justify at that point.

Well fortunately for the Cards that's probably a good thing.

ImBrotherCain
11-03-2011, 11:41 AM
No Bradshaw for the Giants this week against the Pats. Probably no Bradshaw for at least the next month.

Well this makes Jacobs a commodity woot woot!

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Well this makes Jacobs a commodity woot woot!

Please...he'll get like 5 carries for 10 yards then some guy promoted from the practice squad will come in and be better.

ImBrotherCain
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Please...he'll get like 5 carries for 10 yards then some guy promoted from the practice squad will come in and be better.

Yes but until that happens on Sunday hes a commodity and I can attempt to trade him for well more than hes worth.

Jughead10

Probably. I'd like to see what we have with Danny Ware and Da'Rell Scott.

Giantsfan1080
We have Jacobs, Danny Ware, and Da'Rell Scott the 7th rounder on the active roster. Scott is probably the most similar to Bradshaw so he might see an increase in playing time. We had a few long rushing TD's in preseason so hopefully he can show something similar.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh **** yeah, Scott is definitely who they should go to more. I can't believe he wasn't drafted prior to the 7th round.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
You are the Dream Team? Nobody with a 3-4 record can be considered a dream team.

Vick is elite? He has 11 TDs and 8 INTs. He has never had consecutive winning seasons. He has never taken a team to the playoffs in consecutive seasons. He has never won anything. He has played 16 games in a season once. He is far from elite.

You will win the NFC East? At best, the Eagles are going to finish 10-6. The Giants at worst will be 9-7. Is it possible? Yes. But everything has to go their way.

You will last longer than GB in the playoffs? No. Just no.

I dont really like backing up anything Breed says, but i wanna know how you believe AT BEST the eagles will finish 10-6? Is there just absolutely no possible way that they catch fire and start playing like the team they are suppose to be? Is there no possible way that teams they play may have an off day? Is there no possible way that Vick may start to show flashes again of the Vick you saw at times last year? I mean cmon, its still very early to start saying AT BEST they are a 10-6 team.

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I dont really like backing up anything Breed says, but i wanna know how you believe AT BEST the eagles will finish 10-6? Is there just absolutely no possible way that they catch fire and start playing like the team they are suppose to be? Is there no possible way that teams they play may have an off day? Is there no possible way that Vick may start to show flashes again of the Vick you saw at times last year? I mean cmon, its still very early to start saying AT BEST they are a 10-6 team.

Running the table at this point and ending at 12-4 seems highly unlikely...plus there's 2 very possible losses against NE and NYJ. That right there takes you to 6 losses with 10 wins being your best bet.

I will agree with jrdylie and say Philly ends at 10-6 and no more.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 02:25 PM

Who are the eagles suppose to be? For anyone who knows anything about football (aka not the stupid media) they aren't a dream team. Their defense is garb, especially Nnamdi aka Mr. Overrated, and the o-line is bad. They had a good game against the cowboys coming off a bye... big deal.

They still have the Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, Giants, and the Bears. I wouldn't trust them to win any of those games.

I also don't see why vick gets a pass. The above poster has said everythign I have said. He makes a nice 50 yard run as a QB and people get a boner. So what? What has he ever won? Nothing. When has he ever been consistent? Never. If they somehow win the NFC East then cool, but the eagles are not going to win a superbowl with this roster. Or andy reid at the helm. Im so happy they re-signed vick to that contract. Enjoy.

Breed
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Even i don't see us running the table, our only loss will come vs NE.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Even i don't see us running the table, our only loss will come vs NE.

Or any team that runs the ball more than 8 times.

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Think both the NY teams and CHi have a good chance of beating Philly as well as NE

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Who are the eagles suppose to be? For anyone who knows anything about football (aka not the stupid media) they aren't a dream team. Their defense is garb, especially Nnamdi aka Mr. Overrated, and the o-line is bad. They had a good game against the cowboys coming off a bye... big deal.

They still have the Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, Giants, and the Bears. I wouldn't trust them to win any of those games.

I also don't see why vick gets a pass. The above poster has said everythign I have said. He makes a nice 50 yard run as a QB and people get a boner. So what? What has he ever won? Nothing. When has he ever been consistent? Never. If they somehow win the NFC East then cool, but the eagles are not going to win a superbowl with this roster. Or andy reid at the helm. Im so happy they re-signed vick to that contract. Enjoy.

For anyone who knows anything about football, they know they are a team that can put up points in bunches and there are very few teams with an offense that good. They have a defense in which they can give passing teams fits. They are making improvements in the run game each week. They had a good game coming off a bye? big deal? The cowboys are suppose to be a good team right? Well they just smacked the **** out of em.

All of the games on their schedule are very winnable. The bears are underachieving this year, and with our pass rush Cutler will get happy feet. We just showed the cowboys left a lot to be desired, the Jets better get back to their old identity of power running football and good defense or we will beat them too. That leaves the Pats and the Giants who scare me the most...The pats are a very good passing team and thats what they like to do...our defense matches up with that. Their pass defense is absolutely horrendous this season, we match up well with that. The giants is always a toss up so I cant write anything about that other than the fact their pass rush scares the **** out of me, but they love to throw the ball.

For your last little rant, you are ******* blind if you dont see the improvements Vick has made over the last 2 seasons. Hes not just a runner anymore. He has made big improvements in the passing game, and if it wasnt for constant pressure the first 4 weeks of the season I would be willing to be his numbers would be a helluva lot better than they are.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
For anyone who knows anything about football, they know they are a team that can put up points in bunches and there are very few teams with an offense that good. They have a defense in which they can give passing teams fits. They are making improvements in the run game each week. They had a good game coming off a bye? big deal? The cowboys are suppose to be a good team right? Well they just smacked the **** out of em.

All of the games on their schedule are very winnable. The bears are underachieving this year, and with our pass rush Cutler will get happy feet. We just showed the cowboys left a lot to be desired, the Jets better get back to their old identity of power running football and good defense or we will beat them too. That leaves the Pats and the Giants who scare me the most...The pats are a very good passing team and thats what they like to do...our defense matches up with that. Their pass defense is absolutely horrendous this season, we match up well with that. The giants is always a toss up so I cant write anything about that other than the fact their pass rush scares the **** out of me, but they love to throw the ball.

For your last little rant, you are ******* blind if you dont see the improvements Vick has made over the last 2 seasons. Hes not just a runner anymore. He has made big improvements in the passing game, and if it wasnt for constant pressure the first 4 weeks of the season I would be willing to be his numbers would be a helluva lot better than they are.

You think the eagles are going to win the superbowl?

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
You think the eagles are going to win the superbowl?

never mentioned the super bowl once in that post.

Solid response to what i said also.

jrdrylie
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Let's start with the easy games. Washington, Miami, Arizona, and Seattle. I really can't see them losing the first three of those. Maybe Seattle since it is all the way across the country, but I'll say 4-0. So that makes 7. The rest of the season offers no cupcakes. Chicago, two against the Giants, Jets, New England, and Dallas. I think they split with New York and lose to New England. That gives them five loses. I guess they could sweep the Bears, Jets, and Cowboys, but I don't see it happening.

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM

The Pats are a passing team but I'm not sure they're the sort of team your defense matches well against.

Is Aso going to cover Welker all day or will he stay on the outside? Because I'd take Welker against DRC or any of your safeties all day and twice on Sundays.

But it's your LBs I would be worried about from an Eagles point of view. Hernandez, Gronk, Kevin Faulk, Woodhead??? Tom Brady is one QB who will happily throw 40 times to these guys and not even look outside at Branch, Ocho or Taylor Price if you don't play well in the middle of the field.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Let's start with the easy games. Washington, Miami, Arizona, and Seattle. I really can't see them losing the first three of those. Maybe Seattle since it is all the way across the country, but I'll say 4-0. So that makes 7. The rest of the season offers no cupcakes. Chicago, two against the Giants, Jets, New England, and Dallas. I think they split with New York and lose to New England. That gives them five loses. I guess they could sweep the Bears, Jets, and Cowboys, but I don't see it happening.

We dont play the G-Men two more times this year. We've already played them this season.

Im not saying by any means that we are gonna sweep through the rest of the season, but it awful early to start predicting games like that. Even at 10-6 we are in a great spot to win the division.

Rosebud
11-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Not to get off topic but if Jay Cutler hasn't gotten happy feet in the past 2 years what makes you think the eagles will suddenly make that happen. Dude's one of the toughest QBs in the league.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
never mentioned the super bowl once in that post.

Solid response to what i said also.

I'm not going to argue about vick if your just going to be a biased eagles fan. The guy make flashy plays. Thats it. I hate the perception in the media that he is some elite QB. He will never win anything, period. Some flashy regular season games are cool, but they aren't winning the superbowl, or coming close. Breed is just a bum in denial, but I like that because its gonna be fun to see his reaction when the eagles are done.

CC.SD
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't know, it's tough to dismiss Vick for his 'flashyness.' Ultimately that's a subjective term but what it really means is that he has ways to hurt you on the football field. He's a weapon. Is he going to win a SB by himself? No, but no one is. He's a quarterback that gives you lots of options on offense and can win games. Not the first guy I'd go to war with but can't dismiss him outright, he brings too much to the field.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm not going to argue about vick if your just going to be a biased eagles fan. The guy make flashy plays. Thats it. I hate the perception in the media that he is some elite QB. He will never win anything, period. Some flashy regular season games are cool, but they aren't winning the superbowl, or coming close. Breed is just a bum in denial, but I like that because its gonna be fun to see his reaction when the eagles are done.

Hes not an elite QB, ive never said hes an elite QB. But I did say he is making improvements in the passing game which it is very noticeable that he is if you have paid attention at all.

Im an eagles fan, but I have been the first to call them out when they have played like **** this year, and Vick as well. Ive even mentioned the idea of taking a QB early if we have the chance...so know who youre talking to before you call me a biased eagles/vick fan.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
I think everyone is overreacting to one game against Dallas. I said before people did this after the Redskins last year too. The Eagles earned the quick start they got off to against the Cowboys but they were lucky Dallas foolishly abandoned the run.

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
I think Vick has made serious improvements as a passer in the last two years.

Sure if any team plays disciplined contain on him and stops Desean Jackson getting free deep then he struggles and becomes an average QB. However that does not make him an average QB. He is explosive and can hurt you with his arm and his feet.

This arguement to me is like people who say that such and such a RB is average if you take away his long runs. Without that 60 yarder he averages 3.5 ypc but with it he is over 5.

You can't discount any part of Vick's game and say without it he isn't good because he has it. Now it is the defenses job to take away his strengths and force him into difficult situations but you know I thought that was the idea with pretty much any QB. He makes flashy plays. Flashy plays change games.

jrdrylie
11-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I remember about 7 years ago Vick saying he wasn't going to cut his hair until he won a Super Bowl. I wish he would have kept up with that because he would have had the biggest fro of all time.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd be willing to put money up over paypal that when they play in Dallas week 16 the cowboys win. I'm not one to usually predict things like that, but I still do think the cowboys are a better football team. We'll see.

The eagles just had a perfect storm off the bye.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Sure if any team plays disciplined contain on him and stops Desean Jackson getting free deep then he struggles and becomes an average QB. However that does not make him an average QB. He is explosive and can hurt you with his arm and his feet.

Teams have actually been doing a very good job of keeping Desean in check, and Vick has been finding Maclin and Avant a lot more. Not as well as he could be, but he is doing it much better than he has in the past.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I'd be willing to put money up over paypal that when they play in Dallas week 16 the cowboys win. I'm not one to usually predict things like that, but I still do think the cowboys are a better football team. We'll see.

The eagles just had a perfect storm off the bye.

Wow, you have way too much faith in a Romo lead team.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, you have way too much faith in a Romo lead team.

We'll see the injury situation and playoff implications for both teams and figure something out.

I have respect for the eagles in their dominance of the East over the past decade, but I just hate how their fans and players act like they have won multiple super bowls.

If you were an outsider looking in, you can't justify not hating the eagles. They are just so easy to hate.

EDIT: You have way to much faith in Vick. Ill take Romo over him anyday. Again, what has vick ever done? Romo has more 4th quarter comebacks in his career than vick, and vick started 3 more years than Romo, and I dont remember one clutch thing vick has ever done. His win in Lambeou an eon ago? Not exactly a clutch guy...

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
We'll see the injury situation and playoff implications for both teams and figure something out.

I have respect for the eagles in their dominance of the East over the past decade, but I just hate how their fans and players act like they have won multiple super bowls.

If you were an outsider looking in, you can't justify not hating the eagles. They are just so easy to hate.

EDIT: You have way to much faith in Vick. Ill take Romo over him anyday. Again, what has vick ever done? Romo has more 4th quarter comebacks in his career, and I dont remember one clutch thing vick has ever done. His win in Lambeou an eon ago? Not exactly a clutch guy...

People hate teams that win, thats why they are easy to hate.

He also has way more 4th quarter choke jobs. Did you not watch Vick against the Giants last year?

Edit: he had 4 4th quarter comebacks last year.

Saints-Tigers
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Not really... us outsiders still like the Eagles better than the Cowboys for the most part

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:11 PM
People hate teams that win, thats why they are easy to hate.

He also has way more 4th quarter choke jobs. Did you not watch Vick against the Giants last year?

He had one lucky phenomenon game against the giants..

We'll just agree to disagree. Vick is fun to watch in the regular season, but i'd never want him to QB my team.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd say Jackson had the more amazing game than Vick. Vick played like crap most of the game.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM

We'll just agree to disagree. Vick is fun to watch in the regular season, but i'd never want him to QB my team.

I edited my post but you got it in before the edit. He had 4 4th quarter comebacks, just last season...so yeah.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd say Jackson had the more amazing game than Vick. Vick played like crap most of the game.

I edited my post but you got it in before the edit. He had 4 4th quarter comebacks, just last season...so yeah

Vick tore it up in the 4th quarter of the Giant game. 242 with 3 tds in the air and 130 on the ground with another TD. sounds like a pretty good game?

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I just don't see it with vick. The average person sees him make a nice run or throw a bomb and consider him great. There is more to football than that.

Agree to disagree, but Vick is never going to with a superbowl.

Saints-Tigers
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Vick has more chance at a superbowl than Romo.

JBCX
11-03-2011, 03:18 PM

I would say the exact same thing about Tony Romo: he piles up the stats in the regular season but come crunch time (playoffs especially), he chokes.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Vick has more chance at a superbowl than Romo.

I wouldn't agree with that, but everyone is entitled to be wrong sometimes.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Seriously guys.

http://images.cafepress.com/image/33716709_400x400.jpg

There was some legitimate football discussion going on a couple pages ago. Do not feed the neg rep wonders.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I would say the exact same thing about Tony Romo: he piles up the stats but come crunch time, he chokes.

When has he ever choked besides the jets and lions games? Don't give me the botched snap garbage.

Peyton Manning threw a pick 6 to lose the superbowl, is he a choker? Vick lost the playoffs last year on a TERRIBLE throw, is he a choker?

I love how much people just believe ESPN these days.

Elway lost his 1st 3 superbowls, is he a choker?

I've proved my point.

JBCX
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
The Pats are a passing team but I'm not sure they're the sort of team your defense matches well against.

Is Aso going to cover Welker all day or will he stay on the outside? Because I'd take Welker against DRC or any of your safeties all day and twice on Sundays.

But it's your LBs I would be worried about from an Eagles point of view. Hernandez, Gronk, Kevin Faulk, Woodhead??? Tom Brady is one QB who will happily throw 40 times to these guys and not even look outside at Branch, Ocho or Taylor Price if you don't play well in the middle of the field.

The problem that Pats fans should be worrying about is whether or not the New England defense can hold the Eagles offense to under 30 points or not.

The New England defense is one of the worst in the league and will undoubtedly give up tons of yards and tons of points to an offensve as explosive as the Eagles. Can Tom Brady keep up with that pass rush breathing down his neck and Asomugha and Samuel locking down the edges? Maybe, but probably not.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:22 PM
When has he ever choked besides the jets and lions games? Don't give me the botched snap garbage.

Peyton Manning threw a pick 6 to lose the superbowl, is he a choker? Vick lost the playoffs last year on a TERRIBLE throw, is he a choker?

I've proved my point.

No you didnt.

Who is psyched for some football this weekend? I sure as hell am! Beer Baron our 2 teams gettin in the ring, I havent gotten to watch the Bears much...i just know their line is horrendous. Hows the Defense looked?

JBCX
11-03-2011, 03:23 PM

I've proved my point.

2006: Botched snap against Seahawks
2007: Lost to the inferior Giants in the divisional round despite having the best team in the NFC
2008: Lost 44-6 to Eagles on last game of the regular season when a win could send them into the playoffs, all while fumbling and throwing picks
2009: Fumbled multiple times and threw picks against the Vikings in the divisional round
2010: Mainly just sucked before being injured
2011: Multiple choke jobs at end of games (Jets, Lions, etc)

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:23 PM
The problem that Pats fans should be worrying about is whether or not the New England defense can hold the Eagles offense to under 30 points or not.

The New England defense is one of the worst in the league and will undoubtedly give up tons of yards and tons of points to an offensve as explosive as the Eagles. Can Tom Brady keep up with that pass rush breathing down his neck and Asomugha and Samuel locking down the edges? Maybe, but probably not.

I'd take welker on either of those 2 overrated CB's any day of the week. And gronk and Hernandez on your linebackers and safeties should almost be illegal.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
No you didnt.

Who is psyched for some football this weekend? I sure as hell am! Beer Baron our 2 teams gettin in the ring, I havent gotten to watch the Bears much...i just know their line is horrendous. Hows the Defense looked?

Also pretty horrendous. But the moment you count us out is when it becomes a close game.

Forte and Hester are keeping us alive. And Cutler is decent when protected.

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Sure it's one of the toughest games on the Pats schedule.

The Eagles can rush the passer well and lock down the edges, but for all that NE is a passing team they don't use the outside WRs a ton. Aso and Samuel or DRC can lock down Branch and Ocho all day. Those guys are probably the 4th or 5th read on a lot of plays. The Eagles will struggle to match up with Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Faulk and Woodhead. Plus the Patriots can run the ball as well.

I'm expecting a shootout in this one. It all comes down to who can turn yards into points

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd take welker on either of those 2 overrated CB's any day of the week. And gronk and Hernandez on your linebackers and safeties should almost be illegal.

I just have to ask, but who in the hell is your team anyways? You seem to have nothing better to do other than talk **** about the eagles. I have to just assume youre a cowgirls fan.

Also pretty horrendous. But the moment you count us out is when it becomes a close game.

Forte and Hester are keeping us alive. And Cutler is decent when protected.

Gotcha, how has Peppers been playin this year?

CDCB14
2006: Botched snap against Seahawks
2007: Lost to the inferior Giants in the divisional round despite having the best team in the NFC
2008: Lost 44-6 to Eagles on last game of the regular season when a win could send them into the playoffs, all while fumbling and throwing picks
2009: Fumbled multiple times and threw picks against the Vikings in the divisional round
2010: Mainly just sucked before being injured
2011: Multiple choke jobs at end of games (Jets, Lions, etc)

The only thing that had to do with romo was 2011. And maybe the 44-6 loss. Football is a team sport.

In the 2007 playoff game vs the giants, romo actually played well. He had a 70% completion percentage with 250 and 1 td, then threw a pick on the final hail mary.

In 2009 he was great with 28 TD's and 9 picks, and in the viking game the OL just got manhandled. Not his fault.

In 2010 he was actually playing fine but got hurt, the team was just a major dissappointment. Just like this years eagles...

Again, I am just spitting facts, while your pulling out garbage ESPN perception.

JBCX

Those overrated CBs sure did a good job completely locking down Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, didn't they?

It was like they threw Bryant and Austin in the slammer and threw away the key - "no catches for joo".

BeerBaron
Gotcha, how has Peppers been playin this year?

Tweaked his knee a couple weeks ago and hasn't been 100% since.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:28 PM

The Eagles can rush the passer well and lock down the edges, but for all that NE is a passing team they don't use the outside WRs a ton. Aso and Samuel or DRC can lock down Branch and Ocho all day. Those guys are probably the 4th or 5th read on a lot of plays. The Eagles will struggle to match up with Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Faulk and Woodhead. Plus the Patriots can run the ball as well.

I'm expecting a shootout in this one. It all comes down to who can turn yards into points

Well we tend to struggle a little in the redzone. Hopefully that isnt the case against them

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Tweaked his knee a couple weeks ago and hasn't been 100% since.

Well hopefully he isnt 100% against us. It could get ugly unless Peters can handle him like he did Ware. I never bank on getting the same Peters from week to week, though.

JBCX
11-03-2011, 03:30 PM

I think the Eagles will do what the Steelers did: play press man coverage with a single high safety and dare the slower Pats recievers to beat them.

I think you will see Asomugha on one of the TEs as well, because the Pats WRs are very mediocre and will struggle to beat any of the other CBs on the Eagles roster.

CDCB14
11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Those overrated CBs sure did a good job completely locking down Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, didn't they?

It was like they threw Bryant and Austin in the slammer and threw away the key - "no catches for joo".

They didn't lock down anything. Not to mention Asomugha got burned in the endzone by dez and pulled the worst PI no call in the history of the game. Its ok though, the eagles aren't going anywhere, and their future is shot.

Terence Newman and Mike Jenkins made Desean Jackson and Maclin there bitches in both the games in 09 and last week, that means nothing.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
They're now saying on NFL Live that Ahmad Bradshaw will still play Sunday.

JBCX
11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
They didn't lock down anything. Not to mention Asomugha got burned in the endzone by dez and pulled the worst PI no call in the history of the game. Its ok though, the eagles aren't going anywhere, and their future is shot.

Terence Newman and Mike Jenkins made Desean Jackson and Maclin there bitches in both the games in 09 and last week, that means nothing.

Actually, Jackson and Maclin didn't see much action because Rob Ryan's gameplan took away the deep ball (two deep safeties) at the expense of giving up chunks of yardage underneath and in the running game.

Regarding the "eagles aren't going anywhere, and their future is shot" statement, all I can say is that they still have a shot at winning the NFC East, and then anything can happen in the playoffs.

DoughBoy
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Cortland Finnegan wired for sound-
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d823b977c/Sound-FX-Hasselbeck-and-Finnegan

you will watch it beacuse you hate him.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Did they just forget about Celek and McCoy????

Combined 56 yds for Bryant and Austin by the way

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I think the Eagles will do what the Steelers did: play press man coverage with a single high safety and dare the slower Pats recievers to beat them.

I think you will see Asomugha on one of the TEs as well, because the Pats WRs are very mediocre and will struggle to beat any of the other CBs on the Eagles roster.

I haven't watched a ton of the Eagles this year but is Aso moving around the defense or is he staying put like he did in Oakland?

If he did cover one of the TEs it would probably have to be Hernandez. Gronk has shown even if he's covered by a CB he isn't really covered due to his height and reach advantage

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I haven't watched a ton of the Eagles this year but is Aso moving around the defense or is he staying put like he did in Oakland?

If he did cover one of the TEs it would probably have to be Hernandez. Gronk has shown even if he's covered by a CB he isn't really covered due to his height and reach advantage

Aso is moving around a little more, they are just playing too much zone with him instead of just letting him man up his guys.

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Aso is moving around a little more, they are just playing too much zone with him instead of just letting him man up his guys.

Zone coverage versus the Pats isn't the way to go, let alone Aso in zone coverage. I'd expect most teams try to play the Pats in man for the rest of the year until they show they can do something about it.

They're now saying on NFL Live that Ahmad Bradshaw will still play Sunday.

I'm a bit surprised at this. This isn't necessarily a must win game for the Giants and he could do himself more damage in the long run and affect him down the stretch

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Zone coverage versus the Pats isn't the way to go, let alone Aso in zone coverage. I'd expect most teams try to play the Pats in man for the rest of the year until they show they can do something about it.

A guy like Aso should never ever be in zone.

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Man its so tempting to just reply to CDCB14 but can't feed the trolls lol

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
A guy like Aso should never ever be in zone.

This is true. He was considered 2nd best and even the best by some because all he played in Oakland was man and that's what he does. Zone and Aso don't really mix.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
This is true. He was considered 2nd best and even the best by some because all he played in Oakland was man and that's what he does. Zone and Aso don't really mix.

It just gives teams a reason to throw at him. Great man corners are hard to find, especially ones as good as Aso...why not use that to your advantage.

Breed
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I remember about 7 years ago Vick saying he wasn't going to cut his hair until he won a Super Bowl. I wish he would have kept up with that because he would have had the biggest fro of all time.

Shorter hair = shorter jail sentence

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Shorter hair = shorter jail sentence

Just when I thought you couldn't out do yourself.

jrdrylie
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't out do yourself.

He is right to a point. There is a reason why when you go to court you wear a tie, do your hair, and shave.

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Why does the NFLN still think Eli is or perhaps can become an Elite QB why?

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 05:10 PM
He is right to a point. There is a reason why when you go to court you wear a tie, do your hair, and shave.

True. True....guess just coming from Breed I stop looking for logic in his posts

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Watch him play. He's there. People see Eli and like to laugh or call him awful...he's there.

vidae
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Eli has been playing really well this year. The Eli hate is out of control!

Rabscuttle
11-03-2011, 05:32 PM

Can't spell Elite without Eli.

Or it's the NY/NJ market.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd have trouble finding an excuse to keep Eli out of my top 5 QBs in the league right now with Rivers struggling. Top 4 if Peyton is done.

If you're top 4 at a position in the NFL, you're elite.

(forgot Roethlisberger...so top 5.)

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 05:44 PM
For whatever reason everyone always likes to put the hot new QB above Eli. 2 years ago it was Flacco and Ryan, last year it was Freeman, this year it's Cam and Stafford. I've said this in the Giants thread but I've given up defending him because there is no point anymore. Either you see him for what he is and think he's a top QB or you'll never give him credit when it's due. As a Giants fan I know what we have and I couldn't be happier.

niel89
11-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't view Eli as a guy who will just come out and rule games with his arm and sling it all over the field, but he plays clutch at the end of games and I trust him with the ball with 2 min left. I'd be more than happy to have him as my QB.

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't like Eli, every time I see his face I wanna slap him with campbell's chuky beef can inside a sock. But I'll admit the guy can really deliver.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Think about it like this, let's say Peyton never plays another down of football, and Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger aren't options.

Pick any other QB. The people who just hate Eli's guts will find someone else to pick out of spite, but any reasonable person takes Eli. He's actually been consistently successful for years now and he has ring.

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Think about it like this, let's say Peyton never plays another down of football, and Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger aren't options.

Pick any other QB. The people who just hate Eli's guts will find someone else to pick out of spite, but any reasonable person takes Eli. He's actually been consistently successful for years now and he has ring.

Michael VICKZZZZ lol

keylime_5
11-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Eli's never gonna be Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or his older brother, but he's still a really good franchise QB who is top ten in the league and has been for a little while. Eli always has looked a LOT better when the Giants ran the ball and ran it well than when they tried to be team that is pass first, throw 40+ times a game.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Michael VICKZZZZ lol

You're going to get the trolls all fired up again...

Rosebud
11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Eli's never gonna be Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or his older brother, but he's still a really good franchise QB who is top ten in the league and has been for a little while. Eli always has looked a LOT better when the Giants ran the ball and ran it well than when they tried to be team that is pass first, throw 40+ times a game.

This is a point that's severely undercut by the fact the giants running game is statistically the worst in the NFL right now and Eli's putting up some of the best numbers he's put up since before Plax shot himself. Although people have somehow kept thinking our running game is one of the best in the NFL even though it's been just average for 3 years running now, and this season has actually turned to ****.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Michael VICKZZZZ lol

I always back him up and what not but every time I have to throw in that key word...."If"

Breed
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I always back him up and what not but every time I have to throw in that key word...."If"

It's crazy how underrated Vick is still till this day.

Punisher
11-03-2011, 06:46 PM
It's crazy how underrated Vick is still till this day.

The guy who sells more jerseys than anyone in the NFL?

Vick is doing just fine in the fans eyes.

*correction: 4th, but you get it(or maybe YOU don't)

:/

TitanHope
11-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Eli Manning is...

http://www.fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Unstoppable.jpg

Cortland Finnegan wired for sound-
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d823b977c/Sound-FX-Hasselbeck-and-Finnegan

you will watch it beacuse you hate him.

<3333333333 I love that little bastard.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 07:16 PM
What I've always been impressed with is how vertical our offense is. Besides Rodgers I don't think anyone throws the ball consistently down the field as much as Eli does. Not saying he's better than guys like Brees and Brady obviously, but they don't play in the vertical offense like we do. We don't get much YAC. There are no 8 yard passes that turn into 20+.

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
The guy who sells more jerseys than anyone in the NFL?

Vick is doing just fine in the fans eyes.

*correction: 4th, but you get it(or maybe YOU don't)

:/

Tebow sold more jerseys then Vick so he has no room for sale points..

I do agree with most of yea about Eli. But the thing is he really hasn't done anything spectacular he has been in a few play off games but never one a super bowl.So I dunno people still try and call him elite. Besides number wise I guess.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 07:56 PM

I do agree with most of yea about Eli. But the thing is he really hasn't done anything spectacular he has been in a few play off games but never one a super bowl.So I dunno people still try and call him elite. Besides number wise I guess.

He never ONE a Super Bowl. But he WON a Super Bowl.

Rosebud
11-03-2011, 08:12 PM
He never ONE a Super Bowl. But he WON a Super Bowl.

No he didn't. That was actually Peyton wearing an Eli jersey who came out in the 4th quarter.

Bucs_Rule
11-03-2011, 08:30 PM
No he didn't. That was actually Peyton wearing an Eli jersey who came out in the 4th quarter.

Peyton isn't clutch in the playoffs.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 08:30 PM

This isnt real is it?

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Peyton isn't clutch in the playoffs.

He has a ring?

Raiderz4Life
11-03-2011, 08:46 PM
He has a ring?

He didn't exactly light it up...his running game and defence carried that team.

brat316
11-03-2011, 08:49 PM

doesn't matter rings a ring. people won't remember the team effort.

PoopSandwich
11-03-2011, 08:54 PM

And Peyton is the only reason they even make it to the playoffs seemingly based off of this year.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM

No. Our running game was non existent in the playoffs.

Tamba Bay

Eli 20-27 185 Yards 2 TD 0 INT
RB's 30 attempts 100 Yards 3.33 Avg 1 TD

Dallas

Eli 12-18 163 yards 2 TD 0 INT
RB's 20 attempts 88 yards 4.44 Avg 1 TD

Green Bay

Eli 21-40 254 Yards 0 TD 0 INT
RB's 37 Attempts 130 Yards 3.5 Avg 2 TD

New England

Eli 19-34 255 Yards 2 TD 1 INT
RB's 23 Attempts 87 Yards 3.78 Avg 0 TD

The 1 INT he threw wasn't even his fault. It was right in Steve Smith's chest at the goalline and Smith popped it up to the Pats. The D was great in the SB but without Eli's last drive where he multiple big plays the Pats are still undefeated.

yo123
11-03-2011, 09:01 PM
He's talking about Peyton.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 09:02 PM
He's talking about Peyton.

Dammit, oh well it's still Giants/Pats this week so I'll leave it.

MetSox17
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM

Give me Philip Rivers.

holt_bruce81
11-03-2011, 09:21 PM
AJ Feeley vs John Skelton

Best QB matchup in the last 10 years?

yodabear
11-03-2011, 09:32 PM

Mike and Mike were thinking about punishments for an intern and a suggestion of locking him in a room, throwing away the remote, and making him watch this barnburner. At the beginning of the week, I was like Hey, we won this week. And now, I am kinda like wow, that a bit of an over punishment.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Since when has a colts defense, and running game carried the team?

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 10:12 PM

Nope I like Tebow VS Palmer so much better.

Breed
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM

Don't take R4L seriously

PackerLegend
11-03-2011, 10:21 PM
I asked who was going to get Fox's "A" broadcast team in the week 8 discussion early...

I thought it would either be

Giants/Pats
Packers/Chargers

Both are late games. Well it turns out that the Packers/Chargers are getting Brian Billick. Heard it on the radio today by Brian himself. So that means for all you Giant fans you get Troy and Buck... Im guessing that the Saints and Bucs will get Goose and the 2 other knobs.

Guess it doesnt matter as I really think basically all the broadcasters suck.

BeerBaron
11-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Give me Philip Rivers.

Prior to this year, yes. Rivers is playing like **** this year.

Complex
11-03-2011, 10:59 PM

During there superbowl run minus the NE game.

fenikz
11-03-2011, 11:40 PM
i either hate Kolb too much or love Skelton too much cus for whatever reason I think we have a better chance to win now :/

MetSox17
11-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Prior to this year, yes. Rivers is playing like **** this year.

I'd still trust him to be the better qb, moving forward. He has had a more impressive career as a qb in this league, and i don't think what we have seen in half a season this year is an indication of the kind of player he is.

bantx
11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
You're going to base River's career to this first half of the season?

MetSox17
11-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Reading is fun.

SickwithIt1010
11-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Nope I like Tebow VS Palmer so much better.

Currently putting you on my ignore list.

Nalej
11-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Hakeem Nicks playing? Cruz/Manningham/Nicks and that DL is giving me nightmares.

Breed
11-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Currently putting you on my ignore list.

All he talks about is tebow, guy is obsessed.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 06:06 AM
You're going to base River's career to this first half of the season?

It's not like there was this gigantic gap between he and Eli that he's lost. He is playing awful right now and Eli is playing very well. Eli has slipped ahead of him for now in my book.

cmarq83
11-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Hakeem Nicks playing? Cruz/Manningham/Nicks and that DL is giving me nightmares.

Ouch, I didn't really process who the Pats were playing until just now. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep all weekend. JPP on Light, Nicks on McCourty, Cruz on Moulden, and Tuck on a hobbled Seabass are just piss-poor matchups for the Patriots.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 07:21 AM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/nfls-worst-owner-over-last-five-years

Turns out the Lions were the only team to lose money during the 2010 season. All of the other teams experienced an average growth in value of 8%.

Meanwhile, the Giants grew the most at 33%.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Ok, Detroit wins back many points for this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074

This game is nationally televised, do we really want the rest of the US to associate Detroit with Nickelback? Detroit is home to so many great musicians and they chose Nickelback?!?!?! Does anyone even like Nickelback?

The answer is no. No one likes Nickelback.

Smooth Criminal
11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Nicks isnt likely to play, making Manningham a wonderful fantasy option for me.

And Nickleback sucks.

But none of that matters because it's Steelers vs. Ravens week.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201111/nfls-worst-owner-over-last-five-years

Turns out the Lions were the only team to lose money during the 2010 season. All of the other teams experienced an average growth in value of 8%.

Meanwhile, the Giants grew the most at 33%.

With the new stadium all the fans got raped with the PSL fees. I love the Maras but it's insane how much profit they stole from the fans.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
With the new stadium all the fans got raped with the PSL fees. I love the Maras but it's insane how much profit they stole from the fans.

The thing is, and the NFL knows this, people will still pay it. The NFL can really just do whatever they want and they'll still get paid. People still pay to go to the games, advertisers still pay big bucks for commercial time, the networks pay ridiculous amounts of money (in the case of ESPN, BILLIONS WITH A "B" kind of money.)

Let them hate us so long as they pay us. The NFL's motto in regards to fans.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 07:53 AM
The thing is, and the NFL knows this, people will still pay it. The NFL can really just do whatever they want and they'll still get paid. People still pay to go to the games, advertisers still pay big bucks for commercial time, the networks pay ridiculous amounts of money (in the case of ESPN, BILLIONS WITH A "B" kind of money.)

Let them hate us so long as they pay us. The NFL's motto in regards to fans.

Actually the Giants still have $10,000 unsold PSL's since the stadium opened. Also, it's not even a real PSL since we share the stadium with the Jets. Usually the PSL holder has first option for his seat at any event in the stadium but I don't get that option in this stadium. It's ********. I know they can do what they want and all but it's just annoying. NFL fans strikes are something I would never do because I know can't deprive myself of something I enjoy so much.

jrdrylie
11-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Nickleback sucks.

You know what the sad fact is... they were named Band of the Decade by Billboard.

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=2330688

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Apparently, the NFL decided that football wasn't good enough to hold the attention of the 12 years on the audience who mistake Nickelback for real music.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/04/irsay-im-committed-to-the-polians/

I would LOVE for this to be the "dreaded vote of confidence" that owners give to their coaches/GMs right before firing them. If Polian gets fired, he won't be able to have a voting position on the competition committee, much like Jeff Fisher.

The sad part is he would probably be hired right away by someone else looking to build a team who goes 14-2 then gets pasted in the playoffs every year...sigh.

jrdrylie
11-04-2011, 08:31 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/04/irsay-im-committed-to-the-polians/

I would LOVE for this to be the "dreaded vote of confidence" that owners give to their coaches/GMs right before firing them. If Polian gets fired, he won't be able to have a voting position on the competition committee, much like Jeff Fisher.

The sad part is he would probably be hired right away by someone else looking to build a team who goes 14-2 then gets pasted in the playoffs every year...sigh.

Is the owner respsonsible for hiring and firing a GM or is there a committee? I'm sure a bunch of owners have no idea what makes a good GM.

descendency
11-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Actually the Giants still have $10,000 unsold PSL's since the stadium opened. Also, it's not even a real PSL since we share the stadium with the Jets. Usually the PSL holder has first option for his seat at any event in the stadium but I don't get that option in this stadium. It's ********. I know they can do what they want and all but it's just annoying. NFL fans strikes are something I would never do because I know can't deprive myself of something I enjoy so much.

Just curious, but haven't the Giants and Jets always shared a stadium and thus any "PSL" that was bought was only good for football games basically?

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Is the owner respsonsible for hiring and firing a GM or is there a committee? I'm sure a bunch of owners have no idea what makes a good GM.

As I understand it, each team is required to have a "majority owner" who owns at least 30% (or so) of the team. An exception is made for the Steelers (and the Packers obviously as publicly traded team.)

So I have to figure that "majority owner" has supreme authority. Most of the time, they just hand the decision making power to a team president (like the McCaskeys) but some, like Dan Snyder, do whatever the **** they want.

Also, I figure if the owner wants something done, it's going to get done. If you value your job, you don't get in the way of something the guy who signs the checks wants to see happen.

descendency
11-04-2011, 08:38 AM

That varies from team to team. Some teams hire guys that they call "President of Football Operations" and let them run the team while the owner goes and counts his money.

Some (most) teams have those management decisions made by the owner.

Some (very few) teams basically use their owner as the management. (Like Dallas, Cincinnati, and Oakland before Mr Davis passed away)

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Just curious, but haven't the Giants and Jets always shared a stadium and thus any "PSL" that was bought was only good for football games basically?

The old Giants Stadium was owned by the Giants and the Jets were just a tenant there. The Giants ran the whole show and could do whatever they wanted. The new MetLife Stadium is a 50/50 deal between the Giants and Jets so they both own half leaving the PSL holders holding their dicks in the wind.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 09:05 AM
I really hope Bill Polian is somehow removed from football. He ruined the sport, I hate his guts.

And if that evil bastard gets Andrew Luck, I'm gonna hate him even more. He's such a snake in the grass.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I really hope Bill Polian is somehow removed from football. He ruined the sport, I hate his guts.

And if that evil bastard gets Andrew Luck, I'm gonna hate him even more. He's such a snake in the grass.

People who justify not firing him try to make the case that it's not his fault.

The fact that the Colts are this bad right now is MORE HIS FAULT THAN ANYONES!

He intentionally built this team around one player, and quite honestly got incredibly lucky that nothing every happened to Peyton sooner. Polian ignored the o-line. Polian drafted busts like Donald Brown and Jerry Hughes and traded a first to draft Tony Ugoh. Polian neglected ever bothering to get run defenders on defense when time after time, that is the reason they met their playoff demise.

This mess with the Colts is more his fault than anyones, and he should be fired for it.

jrdrylie
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM

He has to be the most overrated entity in sports. Every one of his first round picks since 2005 has been a bust yet he is still considered by some to be a great general manager.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
1 for 6 in Superbowls. Plus god only knows how many grievous playoff failures. If regular season championships were a thing, he'd be the undisputed best. But they're not.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
11-04-2011, 10:22 AM

While i do agree he may have ruined football don't place the entire blame on him. There are obviously many others within the NFL that are agreeing with him.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 10:33 AM
While i do agree he may have ruined football don't place the entire blame on him. There are obviously many others within the NFL that are agreeing with him.

There needs to be a stronger personality on the competition committee to oppose him though. Having Belichick on it would be the most awesome thing I could imagine.

I mean, was any other team really having issues with their receivers being molested to institute that stupid 5 yard illegal contact rule? The Greatest Show on Turf Rams a few years before did just fine despite having finesse skill players on offense. The Dick Vermiel Chiefs around that same time were another offensive juggernaut that didn't seem to have problems with it.

But Ty Law abusing the living **** out of Marvin Harrison every time they met the Pats sent Polian over the edge. I still hate and despise that rule. It wasn't about "player safety," it wasn't a league wide problem...Polian just didn't want to change the way he does things so he changed the rules of the game itself to fit his system.

His stupid, stupid system. Finesse football can kiss my ass.

CDCB14
11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
No. Our running game was non existent in the playoffs.

Tamba Bay

Eli 20-27 185 Yards 2 TD 0 INT
RB's 30 attempts 100 Yards 3.33 Avg 1 TD

Dallas

Eli 12-18 163 yards 2 TD 0 INT
RB's 20 attempts 88 yards 4.44 Avg 1 TD

Green Bay

Eli 21-40 254 Yards 0 TD 0 INT
RB's 37 Attempts 130 Yards 3.5 Avg 2 TD

New England

Eli 19-34 255 Yards 2 TD 1 INT
RB's 23 Attempts 87 Yards 3.78 Avg 0 TD

The 1 INT he threw wasn't even his fault. It was right in Steve Smith's chest at the goalline and Smith popped it up to the Pats. The D was great in the SB but without Eli's last drive where he multiple big plays the Pats are still undefeated.

Eli only threw it 18 times in that Dallas game? Wow. My hats off to him. That touchdown to Toomer right before the half, eli has always been a cowboys killer.

I may be in the minority, but im scared of Eli. The dude is good.

CDCB14
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
He has to be the most overrated entity in sports. Every one of his first round picks since 2005 has been a bust yet he is still considered by some to be a great general manager.

Very true. It baffles me how bad the colts managed their roster. They have a high school team, and peyton manning.

I dont see how they could have possibly let it get that bad. They are AWFUL.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Eli only threw it 18 times in that Dallas game? Wow. My hats off to him. That touchdown to Toomer right before the half, eli has always been a cowboys killer.

I may be in the minority, but im scared of Eli. The dude is good.

Your running game in first half that day was insane. We couldn't get you off the field. If Eli didn't have that drive right before the end of the 1st half I think you win that game. That drive was a confidence killer for the Cowboys.

Rosebud
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok, Detroit wins back many points for this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074

The answer is no. No one likes Nickelback.

Canadiens, canadiens love nickelback, it's why I can no longer follow some of my fahockey players' twitters.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Looks like the Giants will be without Nicks, Bradshaw, Baas, JPP, and Prince against the Pats. Not very promising that's for sure.

BeerBaron
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Canadiens, canadiens love nickelback, it's why I can no longer follow some of my fahockey players' twitters.

Canadians are so weird. They apparently love the weather apps my company does there but ***** about the weirdest things.

Now I have another reason to dislike them strongly.

CDCB14
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Your running game in first half that day was insane. We couldn't get you off the field. If Eli didn't have that drive right before the end of the 1st half I think you win that game. That drive was a confidence killer for the Cowboys.

Yeah, I remember right before that when the cowboys went on like that 13 minute drive that took up the entire 2nd quarter capped by marion barber's TD.

Damn, what a game. Atleast you guys stopped the pats from going 19-0.

MetSox17
11-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I think i would have preferred the Patriots to go 19-0 than what winning a championship did to Giants posters on this website.

Jughead10
11-04-2011, 01:14 PM
I think i would have preferred the Patriots to go 19-0 than what winning a championship did to Giants posters on this website.

Good thing we won't have to worry about that with the Cowboys fans anytime soon.