27. New York Giants: Cordy Glenn G Georgia
28. New England Patriots: Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
29. Buffalo Bills: Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
30. San Francisco 49ers: Jared Crick DT Nebraska
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
32. Green Bay Packers: Ronnell Lewis LB Oklahoma

Matthew Jones
11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Having trouble seeing either Patriots pick. Not sure Ingram can cover well enough to play OLB in a 3-4, and Kuechly doesn't really fit in a 3-4. If the Patriots stay in a 4-3, they have Brandon Spikes at MLB and Jerod Mayo at WLB. Peter Konz, Jared Crick, Mark Barron, and Ryan Broyles are some options to consider with those two.

jrdrylie
11-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Meh... While I would love to see Floyd on the a Bears, offensive line would be much better. DeCastro, Glenn, or Adams.

nepg
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM
For the Chiefs...I like Potter, but doesn't he seem more like a pure LT? If the Chiefs are drafting an OT, it's because they want to replace Richardson and they don't think Gaither can play RT. Personally, I'd rather take a shot at Kuechly there to replace Belcher or the best TE available.

I like Ingram for the Pats. He really doesn't need to be able to cover because Cunningham showed he can do that. Ingram would be the WOLB and Nickel DE much like Tamba Hali in KC.

I love Kuechly, but that's just not a need for the Pats...especially not when you consider the rest of their defense. They need safeties, corners, pass rushers, a big receiver that can get downfield, and maybe some DL help. ILB is the least of their worries (and I keep seeing it mocked a lot lately - which is bothersome).

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Perfect Bears pick!!

Menardo75
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Niners still don't need D-line help.

JPF
11-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Tough spot for the Panthers there. I take it the logic is Otah not being able to stay healthy? I understand it, just a tough spot with Blackmon & Claiborne both gone.

FootballGod
11-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Perfect Bengals draft!

vidae
11-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Luke Kuechly would be a better pick for KC. I'm not a huge fan of Potter and I think ILB (to play next to Derrick Johnson) is much more important at this time. It's too bad you have Taze and Te'o going before we pick, because I love those guys.

nepg
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I love Kuechly, but I have trouble getting excited about him over Belcher. They're really similar players. I do think Kuechly's better...just not by much straight out of BC. I think I like Hightower more for the Chiefs over Kuechly.

Pat Sims 90
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Richardson and DeCastro is a awesome draft for the Bengals.

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I like the pick for SF will add more d line depth for either de or dt. Some may say otherwise.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Love it, love it

abaddon41_80
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't mind Crick I just don't see the 49ers going DL with so many other positions of need. They could use the depth, sure, but they need a starting safety, #1 WR, a center and possibly a guard and another starting corner more.

cmarq83
11-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Having trouble seeing either Patriots pick. Not sure Ingram can cover well enough to play OLB in a 3-4, and Kuechly doesn't really fit in a 3-4. If the Patriots stay in a 4-3, they have Brandon Spikes at MLB and Jerod Mayo at WLB. Peter Konz, Jared Crick, Mark Barron, and Ryan Broyles are some options to consider with those two.

Really disagree with ROP here. This mock is about perfect for me. Kuechly is the best defensive player left on the board when we pick so they really do need to go BPA because that side of the ball needs more elite talent. Not to mention that Kuechly is the best nickel linebacker in the draft, and nobody besides Mayo can really cover on the Pats. Considering the Pats run over 50% of their plays out of nickel, that is a pretty significant role he could have right away. Not to mention they could shift their linebackers to look like Kuechly-WLB, Spikes-MLB, Mayo SAM, that is far better than what they have now. Plus, with Mayo having 1 year left on his contract it'd be very Belichickian to get a young stud ILB to avoid paying Mayo elite linebacker money that he's not worth.

Ingram I see as Adalius Thomas without attitude issues. Their size and athleticism are virtually identical. I don't think he'll be quite the coverage guy Thomas was right away, but I've watched a lot of South Carolina games this year and he has looked better than most OLB conversion prospects do at this stage. Not to mention he can play DE in nickel, and in obvious passing situations he can kick inside to DT which allows them to put another DE on the field. He's a very versatile guy, and has a history of making plays which is exactly what this defense needs.

The OP went BPA and I think that this makes the Pats defense the best it could be in this situation. With good value for safeties in round 2, this is about as perfect as it could get.

Thecollegedropout
11-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Drafting Upshaw is a double for the Jets, drafting Mike Floyd is a home run for the Jets.

Need to draft Floyd there for NYJ IMO.