PDA

View Full Version : AntoinCD's Big Board-Top 32

AntoinCD
11-02-2011, 01:41 PM
This is my rankings of players NOT an indication of where I necessarily think they will be drafted

1. Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
2. Matt Barkley, QB USC
3. Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
4. Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
5. Matt Kalil, OT USC
6. David DeCastro, OG Stanford
7. Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
8. Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
9. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
10. Janoris Jenkins, CB North Alabama
11. Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
12. Manti Teo, LB Notre Dame
13. Michael Floyd, WR notre Dame
14. Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
15. Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina
16. Quentin Coples, DE UNC
17. Vontaze Burfict, LB Arizona State
18. Luke Keuchly, LB Boston College
19. Vinny Curry, DE Marshall
20. Peter Konz, OC Wisconsin
21. Alshon Jeffrey, WR South Carolina
22. Zach Brown, OLB UNC
23. Courtney Upshaw, LB Alabama
24. Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson
25. Dontari Poe, DT Memphis
26. Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska
27. Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
28. Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State
29. Mike Adams, OT Ohio State
30. Mohamed Sanu, WR Rutgers
31. Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma
32. Cordy Glenn, OG Georgia

BigBanger
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't see much of a difference between Matt Barkley and Mark Sanchez. The arm strength has to improve and his ball placement needs to improve. I just don't see NFL throws consistently made and I think his arm strength is merely average. He'd more of a mid first rounder to me, at best.

Jonathan Martin is really raw. He is a risky pick for the top 10 if you have the expectation that he's going to be a franchise LT. I'd compare him to Jason Smith in that you'd be drafting him that high on what you think he can be. He's still very raw and plays a little soft in pass protection. His punch and hand placement are very bad at times. He really struggles with DEs with any type of handwork and technique.

To me, and I haven't seen enough of him yet to be completely sold on him, but Riley Reiff is easily the #2 OT in this draft. His physicality and strength at the POA in the both the run game and pass protection is about as good as any OT in this draft. I got to watch more of him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as my #1 OT. And I like Kalil a lot.

I like where you have David DeCastro. I'm not sure I've seen a more sure thing all year long. I don't see any weaknesses, at all, that would give me pause. He's the best OG prospect I've ever seen. I have less questions about him than I do Andrew Luck.

I like where you have Michael Floyd. I consider him to be in that same general area with character concerns only holding him back. On the field? The dude is a monster and his talent and ability gets vastly downplayed. I think he's a vastly more talented player than Alshon Jeffery. Better speed, better size, better ball skills, just flat out better across the board.

Melvin Ingram went from underrated to overrated during the course of this season. He's rather small and that alone puts him at a disadvantage. I don't know if he has a position in the NFL. Great college player, but I'm not completely sold on him at DE or OLB. I don't think he's athletic enough to play ILB and he's obviously way to undersized to be considered a 43 DT. I can't consider drafting a guy in round 1 when I don't even know where he's going to play. Short and stubby is not a good combination.

TimmG6376
11-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Melvin Ingram went from underrated to overrated during the course of this season. He's rather small and that alone puts him at a disadvantage. I don't know if he has a position in the NFL. Great college player, but I'm not completely sold on him at DE or OLB. I don't think he's athletic enough to play ILB and he's obviously way to undersized to be considered a 43 DT. I can't consider drafting a guy in round 1 when I don't even know where he's going to play. Short and stubby is not a good combination.

I don't know about that. He may need to go to the right team which might limit where he'll get picked, but if you look at the DEs on teams like Indy and Philly at least from a height/weight perspective he isn't that much different.

AntoinCD
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I actually see Ingram's stock and style pretty similar to Derrick Morgan's from a few years back

shylo3716
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
How far off is Lamar Miller from cracking the 32?

AntoinCD
11-02-2011, 06:12 PM
He's probably in and around the 40 range for me right now

Ozzy
11-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Coples that low, wow that is a surprise, I do not see how he is not the best DE in the class. Vinny Curry I feel is a little high, give me Upshaw any day over him. Could also argue potentially Nick Perry on USC has more potential as a 3/4 OLB, same with Kennard on the other hand, both could be star 3/4 guys, and another former USC guy but Jarvis Jones, same thing. All outstanding elite 3/4 OLB prospects in my book, if not for this draft then next season.

RaiderNation
11-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Little low for Kalil, he's a top 3 prospect in my eyes.

I also think Alshon Jeffery is low. I understand the speed and conditioning concerns, but I'm sure he will show up to the combine ready to impress everybody. I think he runs a high 4.4 and will be a top 15 pick by April.

SickwithIt1010
11-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Coples that low, wow that is a surprise, I do not see how he is not the best DE in the class. Vinny Curry I feel is a little high, give me Upshaw any day over him. Could also argue potentially Nick Perry on USC has more potential as a 3/4 OLB, same with Kennard on the other hand, both could be star 3/4 guys, and another former USC guy but Jarvis Jones, same thing. All outstanding elite 3/4 OLB prospects in my book, if not for this draft then next season.

I agree, I think someone will get some steals with Perry and Kennard in a 3-4.

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Little low for Kalil, he's a top 3 prospect in my eyes.

I also think Alshon Jeffery is low. I understand the speed and conditioning concerns, but I'm sure he will show up to the combine ready to impress everybody. I think he runs a high 4.4 and will be a top 15 pick by April.

I like Kalil a lot but I don't see him as this elite LT prospect. He isn't on the same level as Joe Thomas or Jake Long IMO. I like him more than say Jason Smith but I'm not ready to put him with the elite guys in this draft.

If Jeffrey shows up at the combine cut and defined and runs in the 4.4s then ill move him up but I still think he's a low 4.5, high 4.6 guy

JBCX
11-03-2011, 02:22 PM
No Devon Still in the top 20?

He's a better DT prospect than both Brandon Thompson and Jerel Worthy.