PDA

View Full Version : The Revenge of Count Mockula! (2 rounds)

D-Unit
11-02-2011, 09:01 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4w_U4AZEF9w/SxM4z_dagsI/AAAAAAAAAQM/1-Mb2yI0lT8/s1600/dracula.jpg

Made some changes to round 1 and added round 2.

-------------------

ROUND 1

-------------------

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck QB Stanford
Their losses are waaaaay too obvious. Suck for Luck is in full force from top management all the way down to the players. They're all in it together. That's why there is no hot seat on Jim Caldwell.

2. Denver Broncos: Matt Barkley QB USC
I just don't think the Broncos can win any more games on the shoulders of Tim Tebow and the Broncos trading Brandon Lloyd showed me that they aren't interested in winning this year at all.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Kalil OT USC
Throwing all that cash at Larry Fitzgerald isn't making that big of a difference in the win column, is it... These birds are grounded because of the inefficiency of their OL. Kalil is an elite LT prospect who can help get the Cardinals in the air again.

4. Miami Dolphins: Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
The Dolphins management want a high pick, so they aren't firing Sparano. Instead, they're banking on him to keep on losing while having a weekly Sunday post game press conference that shows at least outwardly that they are "trying to win". What they're gonna do is find out the hard way that Sparano really does want to win, so the Fins will pull off a few surprising wins and won't finish with a Top 3 pick and will have to settle for Landry Jones who I think is a possible bust.

5. Minnesota Vikings: Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Martin showed holes in his pass protection skills against USC, but the big guy is still a top LT prospect and his run blocking skills are top notch. I can realistically see Martin in a Vikings jersey doing damage for the next decade.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Trent Richardson RB Alabama
Pete Carroll has done a good job of upgrading every position on offense except QB and RB. Without a worthy QB prospect here, the next position he'll fix is RB. Trent Richardson can single handedly bring legitimacy back to their offense as he is the type of workhorse RB that can carry them on his back. The last time they drafted a RB from Alabama, he turned out to be one of the greatest players to ever play for their franchise.

7. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
The Browns are having a hard time kicking it out of 2nd gear. Adding another playmaker like Blackmon will start to make that team more dangerous. Blackmon's YAC skills make him the most attractive WR for thier West Coast offense.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mercilus Whitney DE Illinois
Whitney is my projection for being the first DE taken on draft day. The Jaguars are need of an elite pass rusher, and I think Mercilus will rise up the boards like Von Miller did in 2011.

9. St. Louis Rams: Morris Claiborne CB LSU
The Rams aren't as bad as their currect record suggests, so I'm not giving them a Top 5 pick. They're not that great either, so I'm keeping them in the Top 10. It feels right to give them Claiborne here with how the draft has unfolded so far.

10. Tennessee Titans: Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Shaun Smith's play has been underwhelming and moving Jason Jones to DE has hurt him. The Titans can do a lot to help themselves by drafting Coples here, as it would allow Jones to go back to the middle replacing Smith. A front 4 of Derrick Morgan, Jurrell Casey, Jason Jones and Quinton Coples is very promising.

11. Carolina Panthers: Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
Ron Rivera is a defensive minded HC, so addressing their weaknesses on that side of the field could be priority #1 for him in year 2 of his reign. Just like Cam did a lot to turn around thier offense, Vontaze has the ability to do the same for their defense. He's a multi-talented LB who can rush, stop the run and cover. So far he's up 36 tackles (5.5 TFL), four sacks, four pass breakups and an interception. 4-3 teams value LBs who can do it all more than 3-4 teams.

12. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland): Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
Right now this might seem a little high for Jenkins, but I think he will be a fast riser when the Senior Bowl and Combine events are over. His elite fluidity, smooth hips, recoverability and willingness to wrap up tacklers will make him my prediction for Senior Bowl stud and Cincy has never let character concerns get in the way.

13. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin QB Baylor
Despite where they are picking, the Redskins really are getting better. Their defense is nasty. Their offense is nasty too, but not in a good way. I can see the Skins adding a dynamic playmaking QB like Griffin to their squad, unfortunately, I can see them ruining him too. They have a lot of issues on offense and they better develop him properly before rushing him in and expecting him to turn their team around in year 1.

14. New York Giants: Luke Kuechley LB Boston College
Between a tough schedule and being ravaged by injury, the Giants could find themselves collapsing in the 2nd half of the season. Coughlin's ties to Boston College will gravitate him towards this Eagle standout middle linebacker who will bring his hard hat to work everyday without any drama.

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
The Chiefs are a prime candidate to take a NT because Pioli knows how critical this position is in the 3-4 and despite their investments at DE, the defense has yet to flourish. Kelly Gregg is also 35 years old so the timing couldn't be better.

16. Tampa Bay Bucaneers: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
The Bucs are a solid team, but a tough division has left them in the middle of the draft once again. Adding a WR the caliber of Floyd can take them from solid to spectacular. With Mike Williams and Michael Floyd playing wide and Arrelious Benn in the slot, Josh Freeman will have everything he needs to take this team to the next level.

17. Chicago Bears: Riley Reiff OT Iowa
The Bears needing OL help may sound like a draft day broken record, but here we are again and the same rings true. Landing Reiff here is a sound selection, but the Bears have other needs that could be addressed here as well.

18. Dallas Cowboys: David DeCastro G Stanford
The success of Tyron Smith has softened Jerry Jones' stance on drafting OL in the 1st round. Jason Garrett will be damned if this OL isn't fixed after acknowledging it was his fault to trust in Bill Nagy as his opening day starter and then having to scramble for FA scraps in Hollland and Dockery (who were FAs for a reason).

19. Cincinnati Bengals: Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
Hey, the Bengals do like 'em BIIIIIG! If they put Cordy Glenn next to the much improved Andre Smith, they could pave freeways for their RBs to run through. Things are looking up for the Bengals since they were able to trade Carson Palmer for valuable draft picks, but you can be sure they won't have the luxury of an easy schedule in 2012.

20. New York Jets: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
The Jets will lose Sione Pouha in FA, so NT becomes a big need. Kenrick Ellis was drafted last year, but he has natural penetrating skills, so I think he could find a permanent home at DE.

21. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta): Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
The Browns can continue to strengthen their young secondary by adding a talented player like Kirkpatrick to replace the aging Sheldon Brown. This is a lower projection for Dre than most others have him at, but I think even though he's a good player, that his stock is more hype than substance right now.

22. Houston Texans: Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
BPA here. The Texans will be happy to scoop up this fallen star. Outside of Andre Johnson, the Texans have role playing receivers. The Texans are a strong group but they are a still a notch below the elite. This pick up makes them a really tough opponent to game plan for.

23. San Diego Chargers: Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
The Chargers struck gold with Junior Seau in the 90's and now find themselves ushering a new generation of Polynesian metal at the ILB position. I love this pick for the Chargers and this is the real draft value of Te'o who's getting too much hype from those saying he's a Top 15 player.

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Zach Brown LB North Carolina
The Eagles used their week 8 win against Dallas to turn their season around and I reflect that here with them finishing towards the end of the draft. Adding an athletic playmaking middle linebacker with do-it-all skills to their already loaded defense could be the final addition to a dominant defense in 2012 if everyone stays healthy.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams OT Ohio State
The Steelers should be thrilled if Mike Adams falls to them here. He has the ability to step in from Day 1 and improve what they had at the position in 2011. Adams is strong, has long arms, athleticism and a nasty streak to boot.

26. Detroit Lions: Lamar Miller RB Miami
Detroit enjoyed a year of new success, but became more predictable when Jahvit Best went down. The fact that they traded for Ronnie Brown showed the sign of distress. Adding Lamar Miller will solidify their team's continued success, and Best can lengthen his career with a strong running mate.

27. Buffalo Bills: Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State
The Bills need to take the next step and add pass rushers to the defense that can wreak havoc in opponents backfields. Jenkins is a relentless pass rusher who has Very good quickness off the snap. Against the run he is fluid in pursuit and can locates the ball quickly. Flashes a mean streak to boot.

28. San Francisco 49ers: Peter Konz C Wisconsin
Jim Harbaugh put the 49ers back on the map in 2011 and that resurgence is just the beginning. Their OL is a strength of the team, but C is a weak spot. Konz could deliver huge rewards for them as the Niners seek to stay on track.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
Ray Lewis is getting old and his replacement is not on the roster. There's not too many folks who could fill his shoes but at 6'4, 260, Hightower probably isn't that far off! The Ravens could go OL here and I almost gave them Kelechi Osemele.

30. New England Patriots (From New Orleans): Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
The Patriots should be thrilled to see Upshaw here. Belichick loves SEC linebackers so a trio of Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes and Courtney Upshaw would seem fitting. Ninkovich doesn't start for NFL teams with Super Bowl aspirations.

31. New England Patriots: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
Sad Chad didn't help the Patriots any in 2011. Sanu is the type of WR that Belichick could pride himself on drafting and developing. His upside is high and his ability to have a big impact from the start is high since he has good size and everything he touches sticks to his hands.

32. Green Bay Packers: Vinny Curry OLB/DE Marshall
Packer fans have been itching to add a pass rushing demon to play opposite of Clay Matthews. You're prayers have been answered. Curry is a physical pass rusher who has flashed ability to throw tackles to the ground!

-------------------

ROUND 2

-------------------

1. Indianapolis Colts: Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
I don't think they would pass on the chance to get Dwight Freeney 2.0

2. Denver Broncos: Alphonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
Champ is not getting up there in old age... he's already there.

3. Philadephia Eagles (From Arizona): Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St.
Cullen Jenkins might be on a 1 year contract.

4. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Washington OG Miami
Vernon Carey is a FA and Marc Colombo sucks. Washington can play both positions.

5. Minnesota Vikings: WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina
Watching Calvin Johnson in the division is no fun, Minny may want a tall athletic WR for their own.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
Pete Carroll had been curiously avoiding the QB position all this time because he thought he would be in position to grab one in Round 1 this year. Sorry Pete, but the chips didn't fall that way and the wait cannot be put off any longer.

7. Cleveland Browns: Ronnell Lewis LB Oklahoma
Browns could use this swarming linebacker to replace Scott Fujita.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Rueben Randle WR LSU
Randle is having a breakout season and will definitely be an attractive receiver come April.

9. St. Louis Rams: Devon Still DT Penn St
Spagnola can get creative by using Still on the inside or outside. Ace package here we come!

10. Tennessee Titans: Kelechi Osemele OL Iowa State
Sooo, Chris Johnson is blaming the OL for his woes, huh?

11. Carolina Panthers: DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
Thompson shouldn't slide this far, but if he is, he can help the run defense problems in Carolina.

12. New England Patriots: (From Oakland): SS Mark Barron, Alabama
The Patriots are dead last against the pass.

13. Washington Redskins: Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
Broyles Will remind Shanahan of Eddie Royal.

14. New York Giants: Colby Fleener TE Standford
TE was a missing ingredient in the Giants offense in 2011.

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Ray Ray Armstrong S Miami
The loss of Eric Berry emphasized the need for Safety help.

16. Tampa Bay Bucaneers: LaMichael James RB Oregon
James and Blount know how to make the running game harmonize together.

17. Chicago Bears: Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
Fuller would give Cutler a big target reminiscent of Brandon Marshall.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Michael Brewster C Ohio St.
As I said earlier... Garrett will be damned if the OL isn't better in 2012.

19. Cincinnati Bengals: Doug Martin RB Boise St.
I really think highly of this guy. Love him more than Lamar Miller who went earlier.

20. New York Jets: Zebrie Sanders RT Florida St.
Sanchez is all too often running for his life.

21. Atlanta Falcons: Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
Allen has impressive speed and body control.

22. Houston Texans: Jared Crick DE Nebraska
The Texans continue to let the draft come to them.

23. San Diego Chargers: T.J. McDonald FS USC
Yea... Bob Sanders didn't work out.

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
Asante is not the player as he used to be.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
Strong across the middle, tough to bring down and is one of the best blocking WRs in the draft.

26. Detroit Lions: Kevin Reddick OLB North Carolina
Reddick is a relentless defender that swarms to the ball and is also good in coverage.

27. Buffalo Bills: Kendall Reyes DT Connecticut
Reyes has prototype size for the 5 tech and makes a living in opponents backfields.

28. San Francisco 49ers: Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
Niners can afford to spend this pick to add depth to the secondary.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Levy Adcock OT Oklahoma St.
Adcock is quietly making a name for himself and moving up the boards.

30. New New Orleans Saints: Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia
Another year, another attempt to replace Scott Shanle.

31. New England Patriots: Ben Jones C Georgia
Dan Connolly's days are numbered.

32. Green Bay Packers: Donnie Fletcher, Boston College
Fletcher is just a solid with no glaring weaknesses to his game.

bearsfan_51
11-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Not sure Reiff can play LT, but we certainly need o-line help.

RCSooner
11-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I think Ronnell Lewis belongs in the first round. He has the most upside of any 3-4 outside linebacker in this class.

49erNation85
11-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Nice picks for sf ,however, we shold be ranked 30 not 28 like you have us here.So your order is out of whack .

JPF
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Pretty solid for the Panthers. Not big on another young DT (prefer that void be filled by a vet), but solid none the less.

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-02-2011, 10:54 PM
First round pick is perfect. In the 2nd I'd rather go Brewster or Crick.

Heisman
11-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Justin Blackmon is tempting in the 1st for the Vikings, but LT is a huge need and I have a major man crush on Dwight Jones so I definitely dig this mock.

Pat Sims 90
11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
1st Round is fine

Rather see Polk in the 2nd.

killxswitch
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Colts need DT, SS, CB, and OL help much more than another undersized pass rusher that won't help anytime soon. First pick was fine though :)

Razor
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I approve of this NE Patriots draft. Good job on that one.

AntoinCD
11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
No complaints here over that Pats draft.

I would be tempted to take Stephon Gilmore at the end of the second based on upside but OC is a need.

Also BB in the past has double dipped at certain positions(TE in 2010, RB last year etc) so I really would not mind if he decided to take both Upshaw and Vinny Curry there in the first then target someone like Marvin McNutt in the third at WR.

fear the elf
11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Other Browns fans may disagree, but I think that all (or at least 2 of 3) of the picks in the first two rounds should be on the offensive side of the ball.

We can definitely upgrade some players on defense, but half our offensive starters wouldn't even make an average team's roster. Plus, we've devoted the last two drafts to defense (Haden, Ward, Taylor, Sheard).

That said, I really like the Blackmon pick. He and Little together could be pretty fun to watch (assuming we can get the ball to them).

K Train
11-03-2011, 02:01 PM
steelers may very well have the best WR core theyve ever had with wallace, brown, sanders, ward, and cotchery...toon is absouletly not a need.

seriously him over minnifield would provoke a draft induced stroke for me

adams is pretty nice though...id be nervous about his future but i think he could be a really good player

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Kuechly and Fleener are my top 2 picks for the Giants right now so I'd have to give this a thumbs up.

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
steelers may very well have the best WR core theyve ever had with wallace, brown, sanders, ward, and cotchery...toon is absouletly not a need.

seriously him over minnifield would provoke a draft induced stroke for me

adams is pretty nice though...id be nervous about his future but i think he could be a really good player
Yeah, I really like Minnifield A LOT too. I just thought Hines already has one foot out the door and Toon gives you a tough WR who I don't think you already have. Wallace is an awesome deep threat and I like Sanders in the slot. Brown is ok, but not top caliber. Cotchery...eh. Toon is someone who can go across the middle, break tackles and loves to block (to carry on Ward's tradition). You should reconsider how you feel about this pick. :)

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Other Browns fans may disagree, but I think that all (or at least 2 of 3) of the picks in the first two rounds should be on the offensive side of the ball.

We can definitely upgrade some players on defense, but half our offensive starters wouldn't even make an average team's roster. Plus, we've devoted the last two drafts to defense (Haden, Ward, Taylor, Sheard).

That said, I really like the Blackmon pick. He and Little together could be pretty fun to watch (assuming we can get the ball to them).
I would've, but I didn't see the right QB fall to you. I wasn't gonna do RB and I think the TE value was marginal. After giving Blackmon, I thought that was good. Were you thinking OL? Who were some of the offensive players that would've been on the board, that you would've preferred?

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Colts need DT, SS, CB, and OL help much more than another undersized pass rusher that won't help anytime soon. First pick was fine though :)
Well... that depends if you bring back Mathis. ;)

I've heard the rumors of trading him and his generous contract away.

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Nice picks for sf ,however, we shold be ranked 30 not 28 like you have us here.So your order is out of whack .
Doh! What the hell was I thinking?!!! :)

bruschis4all
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I approve of this NE Patriots draft. Good job on that one.

I like Upshaw. And, because our defense sucks we'll be picking higher than 31. And, the NO pick will be higher than 30 too because their defense sucks. Address the damn front 7. It's old, fat and slow. I like Upshaw but think Curry might be higher on Pats board. Give me Devon Still instead of Sanu. I like Barron with 2a. Hope he lasts. And, if you want to address c and or wr with 2b and 3 fine. Ben Jones with 2b seems like good value.

Don Vito
11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Upshaw is a great pick for the Patriots, I don't think he will be available there by the time the pre-draft process is over but I would love to have him on the Pats.

Sanu makes a lot of sense because of his skillset, upside, and Belichick's connection with Rutgers. I think this a pick that could happen.

I don't know much about Ben Jones, but we do need a center. Overall that would be a pretty solid first two rounds.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I can dig it.

Matthew Jones
11-03-2011, 05:37 PM
I think Broyles is a better fit than Sanu and would be a perfect replacement for Deion Branch, but I wouldn't mind Sanu. Good job on the other picks. I'd be ecstatic if the Patriots came away with a draft like this.

vidae
11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Solid first round pick and meh second round pick. Safety depth is a need, but not a premium pick need. RT or ILB (if we go NT in the first) are really important for us going forward.

I'm also not sure Pioli would pass on Te'o if he's there, though Ta'amu could be interesting.

Thecollegedropout
11-04-2011, 01:39 AM
No way Jets don't take Jeffrey in this instance....

Jets beefed up with Kenrick Ellis so NT isn't an immediate need in round 1, especially if Te'Amu is gone. A NT is only good if there's really nothing else worth while on taking and Jeffrey is worth while to take.

If Pouha leaves, DeVito and Wilkerson will man the DE spots and Ellis at NT.

K Train
11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I really like Minnifield A LOT too. I just thought Hines already has one foot out the door and Toon gives you a tough WR who I don't think you already have. Wallace is an awesome deep threat and I like Sanders in the slot. Brown is ok, but not top caliber. Cotchery...eh. Toon is someone who can go across the middle, break tackles and loves to block (to carry on Ward's tradition). You should reconsider how you feel about this pick. :)

sanders has shown his ability to be more than a slot WR...hes a decent blocker and silky smooth at running routes, he honestly reminds me of torry holt.

brown is just studly...hes only begun to show what he can do, cotchery is a fine replacement for ward (not that wards mediocre production is difficult to replace) we dont need to seach out a good blocking WR just because hines ward throws a couple blind side highlight blocks on the poor defenders of the NFL....all steeler WRs block hard, ward, holmes, and washington were good blockers, plax was a good blocker, sweed was an excellent blocker....it comes with playing in the steeler offense and not sanders and wallace are doing a fine job.

WR is just not a need for the steelers, not that toon isnt a fine player but wallace, brown, and sanders are nice

Tom Servo
11-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Love the Blackmon pick for the Browns. The only offensive player I would rather have is Richardson.

2nd pick gimme Mike Adams. Best OL in this draft

Dont know **** about the kid from Oklahoma in the 2nd. Gonna need that replacement for Fuji tho

I like it overall

prock
11-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Awesome Vikings draft, but I doubt the Lions take a RB, they did just take Leshoure last year.

stl9erfan
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I have to say, I think there are bigger needs for SF than a center in the first round. With Upshaw, Sanu,Dennard and Barron still on the board, I think there's no way the Niners would fail to address the secondary, Pass rush, or WR there.

Brown Leader
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Agreed. I think we go on the offensive side of the ball. Shurmur put together the least threatening offense in the league this season. Sort of doubt they remain faithful to McCoy so QB, WR, OL, RB are all priorities for the first three picks.

thebow305
11-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Great miami draft