PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fuller or Dwight Jones?

thegreatone
11-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Both of these guys are good prospects at WR, and both have impressive size.

What are their strengths, and weaknesses?

Who do compare in the NFL to?
IMO:
Jeff Fuller = Plaxico Burress
Dwight Jones = Sidney Rice

Who will be the better overall pro?

bruschis4all
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Fuller and Jones are not nearly the prospects Burress and Rice were coming out of college. They were both high 1st round picks. Very likely Fuller and Jones are picked in 2nd and 3rd round. Eyeball test tells me they don't have the speed to separate the former two do. Don't see the comparision at all. Your two guys are stockier, heavier and more bulky guys. The two you're comparing them to were greyhounds. Long and lean. Much faster. Fuller comp for me maybe A. Boldin. Jones maybe Kenny Britt.

descendency
11-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I like Fuller's hands. If he can get separation, he will be an NFL stud.

ElectricEye
11-03-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm taking Jones without question. He's quietly been a very productive weapon for UNC the past few years. Much better prospect than Greg Little was last year. Not the best route runner or technical receiver, but size and speed make up for that.

Fuller is a guy I've just never really gotten aboard the hype with.

....and Sidney Rice wasn't a high first round pick.

tjsunstein
11-03-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm driving the Dwight Jones train. How he's gone virtually unnoticed during his time at UNC is beyond me. I would take him over Fuller 10/10.

thenewfeature06
11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Haven't watched much of Fuller THIS year at least but his hands could be slightly better idk.

Jones biggest asset is how hard he is to bring down. My comparison would be like a poor fellows Vincent Jackson.

bruschis4all
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Sidney Rice wasn't a high first round pick.

You're correct. He went 44th. My bad. I think I got his draft slot mixed up with Troy Williamson from South Carolina. He went 7th the year he came out to Minny. Plaxico went 8th for those wondering.

JohnCandy
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Dwight Jones: Sidney Rice

Jeff Fuller: Anquan Boldin

I like Jeff Fuller more than most. He runs solid routes and has good hands and from what I have seen he is a hands catcher. What makes me like him even more is how strong he is. He might not be able to get a ton of seperation like Boldin, but he will outmuscle DBs.

Give me Mohamed Sanu over both that guy looks like s 235lbs running back when he catches the ball.

DiG
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM
the fuller to boldin comparison is way off. fullers biggest weakness imo is his inability to make plays and gain yardage after the catch which happens to be one of boldins biggest strengths

dietcoke111
11-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I hate to dump on Fuller (I'm an aggie), but he absolutely checked out this year. He reminded me of a mixture of Roy Williams and Sidney Rice before this year. Today, he looks more like Roy Williams during his short Dallas stint. He plays and looks apathetic.

I am however very high, much higher than most, on Ryan Tannehill.

JohnCandy
11-03-2011, 01:34 PM
the fuller to boldin comparison is way off. fullers biggest weakness imo is his inability to make plays and gain yardage after the catch which happens to be one of boldins biggest strengths

I meant before the catch and the way that he runs his routes. He is very powerful and muscles his way back to the ball. He did this alot against Patrick Peterson.

You are correct he is not Boldin after the catch. Sanu reminds me of Boldin after the catch.

descendency
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
he is a hands catcher.

Understatement of the year. I saw him catch a ball and it basically died in his hands. I mean, most catches have some movement even after the ball is "caught" or their arms move. Fuller just caught it and it stopped. Hakeem Nicks like if you ask me (in that respect).

MetSox17
11-04-2011, 12:54 AM
You could have found a better comparison for Fuller than Anquan Boldin. Fuller is close to 5 inches taller than Boldin is. A tad slower Sidney Rice is way better comparison

holt_bruce81
11-05-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Fuller's. I would say he runs the 40-yard dash in 4.65+ seconds, doesn't really get any seperation, doesn't run good routes. I would compare him to Malcolm Kelly before I compared him to Anquan. 4th rounder maybe 5th.

Woody56
11-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Dwight Jones

Of all the A&M games i've seen this year, Fuller has been very unimpressive.