PDA

View Full Version : Chance Warmack OG, Alabama

Duffman57
11-03-2011, 02:50 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again, a dominating LG is to the run game, as a great LT is the key to the pass game. As example A, during Shaun Alexander's MVP run, Huchinson was the most dominating OG in the NFL, and once he left, Alexander looked like an average back at best.

Everytime i watch Warmack, i come away incredibly impressed. I watched the Penn State clips of Trent Richardson and time and time again, he was blowing Devon Still (who's a near consensus top 3 round pick) off the ball, and creating massive running lanes, but was also agile enough to look good pass protecting, and pulled with some success. If you watch him, you just see the term "creating a new line of scrimage" put to work. On almost every block you see, he's 3 yards past the actual LOS, let alone doing that to a guy like Devon Still. I only saw 1 or 2 times where he got beat, other than that, he was blowing guys off the ball, when he couldn't do that, he walled off the guy to create a nice seal and a lane, and got to the 2nd level well, again, not usually dominating them, but walling off to create a lane to get to the DB's (or as i like to call them Smurfs). He also does a really good job of pulling and working through the trash.

Forget DeCastro, Osemele and Glenn, i think this kid is the best OG in the country. Where do you guys think he ranks among the OG's, and is there a chance that he comes out this year? I'm really hoping that he does, so hopefully the Chargers can grab him to reinvent their run game.

Black Bolt
11-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I'll have to watch him for my Raiders 3rd round comp pick.

JohnCandy
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I think he and Brandon Washington could bothe declare and be high 2nd round picks or late 1st round picks.

I doubt he declares however Alabama will be on the title hunt as well.

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Like him... but I like his teammate Barrett Jones a little more. Talk about intelligence... Jones is at the head of the class and I love smart OL.

Babylon
11-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Like him... but I like his teammate Barrett Jones a little more. Talk about intelligence... Jones is at the head of the class and I love smart OL.

You want to take a smart guy from Bama or a smart guy from Stanford? To me David DeCastro is the best guard to come out since Steve Hutchinson.

Ozzy
11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Totally agree, could argue he is the best guard in the nation at times this season. Really impressive so far...

Iamcanadian
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Few college OG's can make the transition to pro ball. They usually ended up at OG because they were too slow to play OT. Most OG's in the NFL are converted OT's and I don't think he is the best OG on his team. Jones is the superior prospect. At best I think he is a 4th or 5th rounder who will have to earn a spot on a NFL team.