Borat
11-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Week 9:
Sunday, November 6, 2011

http://http://store.redskins.com/images/products/7357_large.jpg

San Francisco 49ers (6-1)
at
Washington Redskins (3-4)

http://www.stades-spectateurs.com/images/etats-unis/landover/landover-fedex-field9.jpg

Time: 10:00 am pst

OK, I admit it. I got a man-crush on this guy:

http://www.komu.com/images/news/sports_missouri_football_aldon_smith_nfl_49ers_jer sey.jpg

He's your NFL Defensive Rookie of the month for October.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/14/bea06e61-8690-4c7f-9980-581c4ff95e43.jpg

Last Niner to do that ... this guy:

http://www.tiptoptens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/patrick-willis.jpg

This guy hasn't been too bad either:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/wp-content/blogs.dir/2277/files/week-3-highlights/sp-49ers26_ph4_0504228918.jpg

Loving the passrush.

This guy didn't practice today and may not play:

http://images.tbd.com/sports/williams-t-westcott-102110_606.jpg

Hopefully Aldon rocks whatever stiff they put in there.

Speaking of passrush, the 'Skins got one too. Very scary.

This guy:

http://roccoskins.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/a70g4894pg-nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

and this guy:

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/brian-orakpo-is-strong.jpg

Yikes.

I'd like to see more of this:

http://40-yard-dash-times.com/fantasy-football/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nfl_u_smith_300.jpg to http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01750/Michael_Crabtree_1750704c.jpg

And lastly, I think this guy:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01MGd33btHgjg/340x.jpg

can be summed up best with this:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/sabufoo/i-dont-always-boss-but-when-i-do-im-a-boss.jpg

We should win this game. If we're for real, then this should be an easy win. Gotta keep the wins rolling. Need moar sentences with win in them. Win!!!!

Standings: It's the battle of the first-place 49ers vs. the last place Redskins! Man, both of these divisions are trainwrecks.

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (6-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (2-5)
3. Arizona Cardinals (1-6)
3. St. Louis Rams (1-6)

NFC East
1. New York Giants (5-2)
2. Dallas Cowboys (3-4)
2. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4)
2. Washington Redskins (3-4)

Special Note: Uhhhhh, I'm just going to leave this here:

http://thegallyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Shanahan-Candy.jpg

binary
11-03-2011, 05:40 AM
ahhhsuumm..

Menardo75
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
You have a gift my friend.

Madirishman
11-03-2011, 10:31 AM
#Winning #Tigerblood

abaddon41_80
11-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I am honestly really worried about this game. The Redskins are going to come out pissed after being embarrassed last week and the pessimist in me feels like this team is due for that letdown game. The optimist in me feels that we are so much better on paper than the Redskins that it shouldn't really matter, though. I'm torn

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 12:14 PM
abaddon,
You won't have to worry what so ever.Our defense is gonna romp over them Skins no problem and Gore is just gonna do what he does and steam role over the Skins defense line.It should be an easy win.I just hope ti is on cable lol.last few weeks our NFL coverage here in WA State has been terrible.Man I need that NFL Sunday ticket only if I wasn't broke and not moving at the end of the month ha.

Awesome thread as always Borat!

Ness
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
London Fletcher looked pissed the last game.

dan77733
11-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm more worried about this game than I am the Giants game because this game has the term "letdown" in there. We should crush the Deadskins and improve to 7-1. I really hope we dont lose this game because im cheering for the Patriots this week to beat the Giants.

If we can win this week and next, we'll be 8-1 and four games ahead of the Giants and Eagles. Two games ahead of the Saints. And most likely already have the division title secured. Its all about these next two games. Winning both but especially the Giants game will go along way to securing the second seed, a bye and a home playoff game.

Guys, im so pumped and happy that you all may wish for the old Dan to come back. Hahaha. And to think that we're 6-1 and still have five games in our division. Hopefully, we wont have any letdowns and win all five which would already give us 11 wins. Quite honestly, I couldnt of dreamed of a better season than what we're having right now.

And dominating our division and being the first team to clinch a playoff spot will feel better than my girlfriend. Well, maybe not better but you guys get the point. :)

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Dan you have a gf ,who would of thought ?

dan77733
11-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Dan you have a gf ,who would of thought ?

Funny. I do. Six months and she's smoking hot too. Yay me!!! Only crappy thing in 2011 is that my Grandmother passed away :( but she was 91 and always in physical pain so while I miss her, im happy that she's no longer suffering.

Quite honestly, at times, life is awesome but at other times, life ******* sucks but I learned a long time ago that there's things you cant control and have no say whatsoever. If you can accept that, you'll learn to accept the good and bad equally.

VAfy-ya
11-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Smoking hot girl, smoking hot Niners......life is pretty good for Dan these days lol.

I will be at FedEx Field this Sunday for my first ever Niner game in person. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Sunday(Santa) to get here. Supposed to link up with some fellow Niner fans for a tailgate prior to the game. I will be PISSED if we lose my first game in person. No letdowns, this week at least. I want the ride back to be a joyful one.

Menardo75
11-03-2011, 05:34 PM
The part that Dan forgets to mention is she's inflatable.

binary
11-03-2011, 05:53 PM
lol, that might've been below the belt man.

phlysac
11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
The Goldson comment is so gold. I will use it elsewhere...

dan77733
11-04-2011, 12:21 AM
The part that Dan forgets to mention is she's inflatable.

This coming from the guy who married his sister???

Borat
11-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks guys.

Ray McDonald missed practice again today with a hamstring injury. Doesn't sound like he's going to play Sunday.

Ness
11-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Every big name is injured for the Redskins. I think Beck is going to have to throw the ball yet again for them to win, because they aren't running on us. That means more opportunities for our linebackers to rough him up. I just hope our offense can generate enough points because they are salty on defense.

edgrenade
11-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Smoking hot girl, smoking hot Niners......life is pretty good for Dan these days lol.

I will be at FedEx Field this Sunday for my first ever Niner game in person. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Sunday(Santa) to get here. Supposed to link up with some fellow Niner fans for a tailgate prior to the game. I will be PISSED if we lose my first game in person. No letdowns, this week at least. I want the ride back to be a joyful one.

I was at the Niner - Cowboy game this year. Half the fans there were Cowboy fans, and I wanted to punch out all of them. So disappointed to have your team lose in person, ESPECIALLY at home

Madirishman
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM

No letdown is coming. Wear your gear in pride and don't take any $h!+ from anyone. I'll be at the Niners vs Cardinals game here in AZ again this year. I haven't missed one in 6 years. Have a great time and represent!

Rabscuttle
11-04-2011, 11:26 AM
RJF should do fine with McDonald out and Dobbs will get more playing time than usual as well. As long as McDonald comes back healthy, this is a good thing for the stretch run. He'll be rested up after being on the field quite a bit more than any previous season and the depth will gain needed experience.

I do like the next man up attitude the team seems to have where they haven't blinked at injuries and the next guy has just done his job. This is a well coached team when the backups are so well prepared that you don't see a bunch of missed assignments that lead to big plays. You know people have bought into the team when you see this.

I hope the inactives and practice squad guys are using their time to develop for when they get their time. Depth is a very underappreciated part of a program. Thompson is so good in Green Bay where his roster has later round guys that develop for a couple of years then "burst" onto the scene after all of us draftniks have forgotten abotu them. I want the guys Baalke is putting on our roster to start doing this for us.

VAfy-ya
11-04-2011, 06:14 PM
No letdown is coming. Wear your gear in pride and don't take any $h!+ from anyone. I'll be at the Niners vs Cardinals game here in AZ again this year. I haven't missed one in 6 years. Have a great time and represent!

Oh I ALWAYS represent The Faithful. That's not even a question. Just that I would like my first game to be a victory. But just looking foward to taking in the whole experience. But there are ALOT of Niner fans in VA and we will be out in full force, with MD only a couple of hours away.

binary
11-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Ever since the "we want carr" stuff, I've abstained from wearing any niner gear...too embarrassing, don't want to be associated with the fanbase.

49ersfan_87
11-06-2011, 10:42 AM
49ers inactives

49ers inactives: McDonald, Tolzien, Swain, Spencer, Norris, Kilgore, Person.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN/status/133222188231835648

Is Spencer still injured? He was healthy enough to suit up the last few games but still saw no action. It looks like our coaches aren't that impressed with his previous tape because he's barely played this year, even in the preseason.

49erNation85
11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice first series by the front 7 one big then stopped rest of the 3 downs.Gonna be a long day for the Skins.

Ness
11-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Another failed third down by the 49ers. Looks like it will be another grind-it-out win. We won't be able to get away with this against teams like New Orleans or Green Bay. I just know it.

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 01:03 PM
We need to find a way to get Vernon back involved in the offense. Seems like he hasn't done anything in weeks.

Borat
11-06-2011, 01:19 PM
So, ummm, can you not formation shift in today's NFL? Ridiculous call by the refs. Just ridiculous.

binary
11-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Alex can still play a lot better. That throwaway to Gore angered me.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
So, ummm, can you not formation shift in today's NFL? Ridiculous call by the refs. Just ridiculous.

Second week in a row they have blown that call. What a joke.

It is crazy to think that a year ago Bruce Miller was playing LB and now he has a 30 yard TD under his belt. Great scouting by the 49ers on that one.

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Alex can still play a lot better. That throwaway to Gore angered me.

I don't think he even had a chance on that play. Landry was in his face right when he turned around. His worst throw was the short out route intended for Edwards on the second drive. Other than that he has been okay. One drop by Gore, one pass that wasn't really a drop but that did hit Vernon's hands twice and the throw away that you mention. Lets not forget that the Redskins defense is pretty decent.

Borat
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Ughh. Staley.

binary
11-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Alex has looked money so far this half. Vd's drop could've changed the whole complexion of the entire game, HUGE play. VD seems out of it.

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Ughh. Staley.

Staley is too critiqued, honestly. He has shut down Orakpo all day and now Orakpo makes one play and Staley sucks, according to a lot of 49er fans. No one is going to mistake Staley for an elite LT any time soon but he is pretty good and usually only has one or two bad plays a month.

Borat
11-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Staley is too critiqued, honestly. He has shut down Orakpo all day and now Orakpo makes one play and Staley sucks, according to a lot of 49er fans. No one is going to mistake Staley for an elite LT any time soon but he is pretty good and usually only has one or two bad plays a month.

Well, to be fair, I didn't say he sucked. I just said "Ughhh" after Orakpo destroyed him on that sack.

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I was more referring to someone on a different message board but I have seen it done here, too. Like against the Lions he got owned on the first play but has been dominant since then, until that sack.

Borat
11-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah, that's kind of life as an offensive lineman. When you get beat, it is seen by everyone, but when you beast on somebody, it gets lost in the shuffle.

binary
11-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Most of the individual mistakes are on 3rd downs or on the cusp of big plays, thats why they stand out so much.

Borat
11-06-2011, 02:37 PM
That's a good point as well Binary.

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Most of the individual mistakes are on 3rd downs or on the cusp of big plays, thats why they stand out so much.

That is true, too. It seems like every time he does make a mistake, something really bad happens right after.

Borat
11-06-2011, 02:47 PM
If at any point this season, I start to feel bad about our offense, I will think of the Redskins and feel better.

49ersfan_87
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Way too ugly of an game. Glad to get out of there with the W but we were less than impressive and are lucky that the Redskins are so terrible. Everything on our team is on point except we clearly lack a big play passing offense. Its not costing us yet but we're going to need that to compete with teams like the Saints and Packers in the playoffs. Its not all on Alex either, but someone needs to step it up.

That being said, props to the defense, the run game, and another solid day from Special Teams. I also liked seeing Braylon and Crabtree get somewhat involved. And props to Bruce Miller for his first TD, beautiful pass and throw. Culliver had another nice game, unfortunately Aldon didn't record a sack today and seemed invisible. However, the Redskins were getting the ball out quick on checkdowns+ screens, as evidenced by Helu's 14 catches.

On to the next week. Can't complain too much about being 7-1 and having the 2nd best record in the NFL.

Ness
11-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes the passing game is still disappointing. But it's getting a little better. Crabtree is catching more passes as well. Alex Smith almost passed for 200 yards today!

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Passing game looked just as good as the running game. If Gore makes that catch on the early 3rd down and Davis catches that long ball then Smith ends up with around 240 yards and probably another touchdown. Just need to work on those dropped passes and this offense could be great.

And didn't Smith pass for exactly 200?

Ness
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
And didn't Smith pass for exactly 200?

You are right. I thought he had 197.

abaddon41_80
11-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I'll take 200 yards on only 24 pass attempts, especially with two dropped long passes. 8.3 Y/A is pretty good. If those two passes aren't dropped the final is probably something like 29-11, a field goal on one of those drives and a touchdown on the other, with Smith finishing

19/24 (79%)
240 yards
2 TD
0 INT
136 rating

And are we even having this discussion?

Brent
11-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Davis makes that catch, we're talking about a game that isn't nearly as close.

Either way, when Miller was wide open for that TD pass, I just yelled "YES!!!"

Rabscuttle
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
The team looked a bit off today, but turnovers helped. It looked like things just weren't quite right and they beat a team that isn't very good when it should have been a blowout.

It took a few weeks to get the timing right for the line to get its timing right for the running game to start clicking and it is starting to come together more consistantly for as a pass blocking group as well. Opportunity for a lot more yards is there by just finishing the plays being run. These drops are just killing drives and keeping points off the board and next week is when it could really bite us in the ass.

This week was kind of dress rehearsal for the upcoming teams that can give us problems. I'm glad to see 7-1 with 4 wins in the eastern time zone, but things need to be cleaned to beat three potential playoff teams on our schedule.

It was nice to see a team have to scheme to keep the pass rush at bay by constantly dumping the ball off. Bringing Willis, Bowman and Goldson into play to take Aldon, Justin and Ahmad out isn't the worst trade off. Not many teams have that luxury.

dan77733
11-06-2011, 08:38 PM
We're 7-1 and im a happy camper. Was hoping the Patriots would win but oh well. Next week's game is huge for us as it will determine whether we finish with the second, third or fourth seed. Happy the Cowboys won against the Seahawks. A 5 game lead is awesome and hopefully, we'll have our division wrapped up before December. :)

Rabscuttle
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Was looking at the schedule and seeding possibilities. Beating the Giants would be huge. I mean huge as they are the one team besides ourselves that can get in the way of a two seed.

That would leave Detroit as the only two loss NFC team and they have both GB games left. Having the head to head on Detroit and NYG as well as the NFC loss tie breaker on all the three loss teams would be nice with two AFC games and the division games left.

So, huge game for controlling destiny. Stupid early to be talking about this, but that should help build the anticipation.

VAfy-ya
11-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Niner fans were WELL represented at FedEx Field today. You would have thought it was a home game. Beautiful sight to see. I thought we played sub-par on both sides of the ball. The turnovers were the difference. Alex seemed very jittery after the huge hit/sack on the first drive. It was evident from my view and others that he didnt let alot of plays develop in his deeper drops. There were several plays where if he just held the ball a half a second longer, guys would have came open for huge gains. I thought once they started to shorten Beck's drops and went with the short passing game, our D didnt adjust and there were just huge lanes. I keyed in on Aldon alot in the nickel package and he was handled fair easily by Trent Williams. I would like to see Fangio move him around more. So many missed sacks today, frustrating to watch. But still, a victory on the east coast is still something to be proud of. Was a absolute joy to watch my Niners in person, surrounded by a sea of Niner fans. Thinking of making the trip to B-More for Thankgiving.

And that toss-counter is even more impressive in person. Love that play...

49erNation85
11-06-2011, 11:17 PM
As I agree with you guys about today game it was fun to watch the defense just take out the run game.However,I would still love to see us pass more 30 times a game specially if we are gonna beat the Ravens or Steelers.After the Giants game today I'm a little worried only on our pass defense could struggle but still stay in check to make it a close game.If we can win our next two games we got this people.

7-1 49ers I love!And even A.Smith got me 30 points on fantasy league to day .

Borat
11-07-2011, 01:39 AM
I'll say this ... it wasn't our finest performance ... from the offense. The defense was solid. Once they got the 16-point lead, they played safe. Kind of was a letdown at the end. Don't forget the first three-and-a-half quarters the defense was practically pitching a shutout.

The offense was OK. Moved the chains a lot, but didn't hit on any real big plays outside of the Miller TD, which was a beauty. We didn't throw deep too much, and I think that was out of respect for their passrush. Just short and intermediate routes with not much YAC.

Also: David Akers. Awesome.

Ness
11-07-2011, 03:12 AM
As I agree with you guys about today game it was fun to watch the defense just take out the run game.However,I would still love to see us pass more 30 times a game specially if we are gonna beat the Ravens or Steelers.After the Giants game today I'm a little worried only on our pass defense could struggle but still stay in check to make it a close game.If we can win our next two games we got this people.

7-1 49ers I love!And even A.Smith got me 30 points on fantasy league to day .

Well the Giants are a good test coming up. Frank Gore is getting banged up as he needed help getting off the podium after the game. Looks like an ankle issue. If he's limited in practice or can't go against the Giants, Kendall Hunter and Anthony Dixon will have to shoulder the load. If the Giants start scoring early and often via the air it's going to be tough for this offense to keep up. No one is scared of their passing game as of yet and we struggle on third downs. The passing chemistry seems to be getting better between Alex and his receivers at least.

Madirishman
11-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Niner fans were WELL represented at FedEx Field today. You would have thought it was a home game. Beautiful sight to see. I thought we played sub-par on both sides of the ball. The turnovers were the difference. Alex seemed very jittery after the huge hit/sack on the first drive. It was evident from my view and others that he didnt let alot of plays develop in his deeper drops. There were several plays where if he just held the ball a half a second longer, guys would have came open for huge gains. I thought once they started to shorten Beck's drops and went with the short passing game, our D didnt adjust and there were just huge lanes. I keyed in on Aldon alot in the nickel package and he was handled fair easily by Trent Williams. I would like to see Fangio move him around more. So many missed sacks today, frustrating to watch. But still, a victory on the east coast is still something to be proud of. Was a absolute joy to watch my Niners in person, surrounded by a sea of Niner fans. Thinking of making the trip to B-More for Thankgiving.

And that toss-counter is even more impressive in person. Love that play...

Glad you enjoyed your first game. You should definitely look to get tix to the Harbaugh Bowl. That game should be awesome.

I think the team played down to their competition a little bit but the game was not as close as the score indicated. The offense was very similar to the Cowboys game, where they didn't maximize all their chances (especially on 3rd down) and let the other team hang around through the end of the game. It could have bit them in the a%* but it didn't, so I'm definitely happy with the win.

Alex doesn't overwhelm with the eye test, which is what some on this board seem to have the biggest problem with. He was very efficient (completing almost 80% of his passes) and had a few drops by receivers that would have led them to some more points, more time of possession and keeping the ball on a few more 3rd downs.

VD needs to be more involved and they looked to get him chances in this game. He didn't maximize all of them but it's a good sign, moving forward.

Bowman's emergence as a solid tackler and playmaker has allowed Willis to take his game to the next level. Thus why you see him rushing the QB more often and going for more strips, causing more fumbles. I would love to see both in the Pro Bowl this year but Bowman will likely get hosed as he's not a household name...yet.

Bottom line, there's always room to improve and I expect this team to continue to do so.

abaddon41_80
11-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I am more worried about the playcalling of the offense than the play of the players, as weird as that seems. It just seems to me that, especially on third down and in the red zone, that we are getting away from what has been working on that particular drive. Sometimes we will get to a third and one or two running the ball and then suddenly we want to pass and then the next drive we move right up the field passing the ball and we decide to run on third down.

I can understand Harbaugh trying to mix things up and keep the defense on their toes but sometimes he outsmarts himself more than he outsmarts the other team, like the reverse to Walker yesterday. Smith was 3/4, the only incomplete being a perfectly thrown dropped pass, but then Harbaugh feels like he needs to try something else.

Then you add in the dropped passes at key moments, which it seems like they all have been. I think Braylon Edwards was right, though, this offense isn't as good as it could be and it does look to be improving as he and Crabtree work their way into it.

Menardo75
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
This coming from the guy who married his sister???

I married my Aunt Dan so jokes on you!

dan77733
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM

LOL. Funny.

Madirishman
11-07-2011, 03:08 PM

You have an aunt named Dan?!?! Weird indeed. ;)

Brent
11-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I know a lot of you are down on the defense for going soft, but, really, who would have thought that, after the way their offense played the whole game, that they would pull together an 11 play drive down the field? I won't blame them for not allowing the Skins to get a big play.

abaddon41_80
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
So I was watching Mike and Mike this morning and they were discussing the 49ers and read a viewer email that called the 49ers offense gimmicky because they threw a pass to the fullback Sunday. Since when is throwing to your fullback a gimmick?

Brent
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
So I was watching Mike and Mike this morning and they were discussing the 49ers and read a viewer email that called the 49ers offense gimmicky because they threw a pass to the fullback Sunday. Since when is throwing to your fullback a gimmick?
there is a reason talk radio sucks

Verloren
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Because people don't see a FB that often with singleback or no players in the backfield being used that much.

Menardo75
11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
They are just in shock since nobody was prepared for the vaunted Alex Smith to Bruce Miller connection.

Madirishman
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
They are just in shock since nobody was prepared for the vaunted Alex Smith to Bruce Miller connection.

Or the Smith to Staley and Smith to Sopoaga connections. I could see someone calling those gadget plays. If they're looking at passes t the FB as gadget, then they know nothing about the West Coast system, and essentially, not much about football.

phlysac
11-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Because, sadly, "Jumbo" formations in the passing game is now a "gimick" whereas, 5-wides empty backfied has become commonplace. That used to be the "gimmick."

Madirishman
11-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Because, sadly, "Jumbo" formations in the passing game is now a "gimick" whereas, 5-wides empty backfied has become commonplace. That used to be the "gimmick."

I really don't care if other teams or fans think the Niners' plays are 'gimmick' are not. They aren't cheating so if someone is upset, it's likely out of jealousy as their team isn't as creative.

Yeah, if we needed to go to the spread at times with 5 WR, I'd still have conifdence in Alex as that's always been his strength, both in college and in the NFL.

Ness
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
there is a reason talk radio sucks

Depends on who you listen to. I like talk radio. Well, podcasts. Peter King and Rich Eisen is nice. Some folks on ESPN are okay. Some are terrible. Just really depends.