PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

56crash
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I get it he is not on a sexy QB type team .... but watch what little tape there is on him and he is the best QB in College football why is not any hype on the guy ?

mario
11-03-2011, 01:26 PM
why is not any hype on the guy?
Because this is false...
and he is the best QB in College football

56crash
11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
so you think he is not a NFL prospect ?

56crash
11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
well hitting a WR in stride with two DB's with in 2 yard of him 55 yard down field in the middle of the field is not a NFL throw?

56crash
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
color me surprised.

murdamal86
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
There's about him, but he wouldn't be a top signal caller in this draft and i think the sentiment is that he'll be back next year for his senior season so that's when the hype train will start

mqtirishfan
11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I get it he is not on a sexy QB type team .... but watch what little tape there is on him and he is the best QB in College football why is not any hype on the guy ?

Is this English?

Paul
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/20pvrxw.jpg

ArkyRamsFan
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=56crash;2734795]I get it he is not on a sexy QB type team .../QUOTE]

What in the world are you blathering about? Bobby Petrino runs a pro-style offense that is known to be very QB friendly.

I mean at least many of the people who have played for him have put up some rather decent numbers that are certainly more legit than the inflated Chuck and Duck and spread system garbage we see in today's college football.

TACKLE
11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I'll put it this way, if Wilson declared for this draft, he would become my 2nd rated QB right away.

San Diego Chicken
11-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I like him more than Mallett, smarter, more accurate, still completes high risk throws downfield. Looks the part. However, I fear a negative Brian Brohm comparison coming on for him who I liked quite a bit... same size, roughly same athlete, same system. Not really fair to him, but you know it's coming....

Big Bird
11-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Despite this guy's insane lack of grammar, he is onto something.

No, Tyler Wilson is not the best quarterback in college football. I do believe he is the third best qb prospect in the nation behind Luck and Barkley. I like the kid a lot and he has some very nice natural ability. The kid is no Brian Brohm; he shows a much bigger arm than Brohm ever did.

Still, borderline 1st Rounder. There is a lot to like, but very little on tape right now.

Cigaro
11-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Because this is false...

and he is the best QB in College football

so you think he is not a NFL prospect ?

Clearly only the best player at each position can be considered a NFL prospect.

FUNBUNCHER
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I like him more than Mallett, smarter, more accurate, still completes high risk throws downfield. Looks the part. However, I fear a negative Brian Brohm comparison coming on for him who I liked quite a bit... same size, roughly same athlete, same system. Not really fair to him, but you know it's coming....

Are people still calling Mallett a 'dumb' QB?? WTF does that even mean anymore?
No way Wilson is more accurate beyond 30 yards than Mallett. Or twenty yards. Or even 10. Just because he's riding the bench in NE, let's not act like the guy wouldn't be starting as a rookie for a third of the teams in the NFL.

Everyone in the Arkansas program IMO would say up front that Wilson simply is not the talent Mallett is, period.
Wilson is no idiot, however, and if he stays for his senior year he has a great chance to be the top QB drafted in 2013.

Bill Belichick has the second coming of Dan Marino waiting in the clubhouse for the Pats and he's going to make some sorry team in '13 pay a king's ransom to trade for him.
Watch and see.

San Diego Chicken
11-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Are people still calling Mallett a 'dumb' QB?? WTF does that even mean anymore?
No way Wilson is more accurate beyond 30 yards than Mallett. Or twenty yards. Or even 10. Just because he's riding the bench in NE, let's not act like the guy wouldn't be starting as a rookie for a third of the teams in the NFL.

Everyone in the Arkansas program IMO would say up front that Wilson simply is not the talent Mallett is, period.
Wilson is no idiot, however, and if he stays for his senior year he has a great chance to be the top QB drafted in 2013.

Bill Belichick has the second coming of Dan Marino waiting in the clubhouse for the Pats and he's going to make some sorry team in '13 pay a king's ransom to trade for him.
Watch and see.

Wilson certainly makes better decisions with the football, no question about it. I didn't say Mallett was dumb... and saying Mallett is the next Dan Marino is just so over the top IMO.

San Diego Chicken
11-03-2011, 09:55 PM

No, Tyler Wilson is not the best quarterback in college football. I do believe he is the third best qb prospect in the nation behind Luck and Barkley. I like the kid a lot and he has some very nice natural ability. The kid is no Brian Brohm; he shows a much bigger arm than Brohm ever did.

Still, borderline 1st Rounder. There is a lot to like, but very little on tape right now.

Brohm didn't fail because of his arm. His arm was 2nd on the gun at the Combine behind only Joe Flacco in that class. He failed because he was never comfortable in an NFL offense.

A Perfect Score
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm a big fan of Wilson. I assume he won't declare this year though.

MetSox17
11-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Bill Belichick has the second coming of Dan Marino [Ryan Mallet] waiting in the clubhouse for the Pats.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x237/bobboi1232345/lolwut.jpg

TonyGfortheTD
11-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Well to be fair, he's got the drug usage part down.

RaiderNation
11-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Wilson could be a early round pick in the 2013 draft, he doesn't enough experience to declare for this draft. I'd still rank Mallett higher at this point.

murdamal86
11-04-2011, 07:11 AM
I think the other thing is although he's a darn good QB now, he still lacks that "signature" game that gets the scouts attention. I think that's another reason why there hasn't been a whole lot of buzz surrounding him at this time. Maybe he'll light up LSU and in the bowl game and get the recognition he deserves

Big Bird
11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I think the other thing is although he's a darn good QB now, he still lacks that "signature" game that gets the scouts attention. I think that's another reason why there hasn't been a whole lot of buzz surrounding him at this time. Maybe he'll light up LSU and in the bowl game and get the recognition he deserves
He gets a pretty good South Carolina defense this week...

BuddyCHRIST
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
He looked pretty damn good leading a comeback against Texas AM (though apparently everyone does that). I think he looks like an NFL QB with the way he moves around and keeps his eyes downfield, reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

This is where he is vastly superior to Mallett, lets not be revisionists and overrate Mallett as a prospect. He has an elite arm and is probably a pretty smart player as far as football IQ is concerned, but he seemed to crumble under pressure and really struggled with shuffling his feet and still throwing downfield. Which you have to be able to do in the NFL. Mallett could have success but it probably needs to be in the right situation and he might always have his limitations.

To be honest I like Wilson alot, I think he should return for his SR year though as more exp against top competition will only help him. And he might get lost in the shuffle a bit.

Leon Sandcastle
11-05-2011, 06:49 PM
One of the reasons I don't like Landry Jones or Blaine Gabbert last year was their feet.

This kid Tyler Wilson plants his foot and throws the ball even when he knows he's going to take a huuuge shot which he's taken a lot of this year.

He'd be smart to go back next season and he'll have a shot at being a 1st round pick.

mario
11-06-2011, 07:05 AM
One of the reasons I don't like Landry Jones or Blaine Gabbert last year was their feet.

This kid Tyler Wilson plants his foot and throws the ball even when he knows he's going to take a huuuge shot which he's taken a lot of this year.

He'd be smart to go back next season and he'll have a shot at being a 1st round pick.
I don't know if he'll be alive next season behind that OL...

56crash
11-08-2011, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=56crash;2734795]I get it he is not on a sexy QB type team .../QUOTE]

What in the world are you blathering about? Bobby Petrino runs a pro-style offense that is known to be very QB friendly.

I mean at least many of the people who have played for him have put up some rather decent numbers that are certainly more legit than the inflated Chuck and Duck and spread system garbage we see in today's college football.

How many QB's are in the NFL that are starting that come from Bobby Petrino or the Razorbacks..

yep

56crash
11-08-2011, 10:20 AM

because I type to save words...both the guys you list as better have rubber arms ! Wilson is strong armed,accurate and a fighter, is able to come back and not over press .

TACKLE
11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Tyler Wilson is the second best QB and the second best QB prospect in college football.

princefielder28
11-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Tyler Wilson is the second best QB and the second best QB prospect in college football.

without a doubt...with every week he is working his way closer to Andrew Luck and pulls away from the rest of the competition

RaiderNation
11-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I still have Barkley #2, but Wilson is right up there with Jones and RG3 if he wants to declare.

fenikz
11-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I think Wilson is far closer to Luck than he is to Barkley/Jones/etc

ElectricEye
11-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm naturally lukewarm on Petrino QB's, but Wilson could potentially make some noise if he comes out. That could well happen depending on how the other dominoes in the quarterback class fall too. The whole quarterback class after Luck is pretty static, actually. I'm personally pretty high on Barkley, but I'm willing to bet not everyone will be in scouting circles.

Clarkw267
11-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I like Wilson, but he's definitely behind Barkley IMO.

I would fit him somewhere in the top of the 2nd round right now.

San Diego Chicken
11-20-2011, 05:07 AM
I like Wilson, but he's definitely behind Barkley IMO.

I would fit him somewhere in the top of the 2nd round right now.

Yeah, it's hard to put him ahead of Barkley due to the lack of experience right now, Barkley's a three year starter, Wilson only has a year and change at this point.

I do think that if Barkley stays, which is very possible at this point, Wilson might want to consider coming out early. Similar situation to Sanchez & Bradford in 09 when Sanchez decided to go after Bradford stayed.

TACKLE
11-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Here's a little sample of why I'm so high on Wilson. I just think he an exceptionally talented quarterback who is really the total package. I'm really not trying to do the whole 'bring a guy up by knocking another guy down' thing but there are some throws here that Luck or Barkley or Griffin just can't make right now. His velocity on some of throws is just so impressive. You can tell he's just a very natural passer. Yes, these are all 'highlights' but still, they give us of sense of Wilson's ability to make big time NFL throws.

69W6ld7khyQ

2:37 - Deep out to the short side of the field but still nice zip and placement....makes it look routine.

4:04 - WR is really open but he stands in there and delivers it while get smacked in the face.

4:17 - The play after he takes a huge hit....this throw speaks for itself

8:17 - WOW! That's all I can say.

Tz2uszgCxnE

0:08 - Throws a 20+ yard out on a line and converts on 3rd and 19.

0:40 - Great movement in the pocket to avoid the rush, makes the throw off balance and still gets a lot of zip on it.

1:07 - and yes he can throw the deep ball....we can see him go through his reads and he finds Wright on his 3rd read, perfect placement and doesn't need any extra motion to get the ball that deep.

swbDzsG_Kaw

4:18 - Beautiful throw from near the far hash, drops it 20+ yards down field right behind the CB and in front of the safety vs. Cover 2. makes it look effortless.

ItCxh_eWhMU

0:56 - Shows off a very quick release under heavy duress.

4:36 - Throws the ball on a frozen rope on a 15 yard dig.

5:47 - Just a routine 40 yard TD strike.

SL5XSgehAKg

3:27 - Another throw down the sideline where he drops in the hole against Cover 2.

4:13 - Drives the ball into a tight window on a crosser and hits his WR in stride.

0A497Ma3JjE

3:23 - Great touch and placement on the deep ball.

RaiderNation
11-21-2011, 04:06 PM
If Wilson can lead Arkansas over LSU, I can see him jumping up on all the big boards and mock drafts. He has the best arm of Luck/Barkley/RG3/Jones, and I wouldn't be surprised to see his name be mentioned in the Heisman race. I have ranked as the 4th best QB for now, but I won't be surprised to see him contending with Barkley for the #2 spot after the LSU game.

princefielder28
11-21-2011, 04:13 PM
the more I watch of Wilson (and I'm already a huge fan) the more tempted I am to put him ahead of Andrew Luck and may even vault him to the #1 prospect spot...he's got the arm strength (can literally make every throw), his deep balls don't drift like Luck/RGIII, has mobility (not RGIII caliber but he's got the ability to escape pressure and move around in the pocket), and he's becoming better week-in and week-out on reading defenses and determining where to go with the football (which he was absolutely spot on with in the Mississippi State game)

RaiderNation
11-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Wilson has looks alright 1 half in against LSU, down 7 now though. We will see if he can lead his team to a comeback...

RaiderNation
11-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm really liking Wilson's pocket presence and his ability to take hits after the throw. He is a tough SOB and hasn't been afraid of this LSU defense. We will see if he can get it into the end zone here for Arkansas.

A Perfect Score
11-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I agree with TACKLE and fenikz, Wilson is the real deal. I don't think he's right there with Luck yet, but I don't think I'd question for a second someone saying he's as good as Barkley or better then Landry Jones. The more I see of Wilson, the more impressive he is. There are some throws in those highlight videos that are downright astounding. He's made some excellent throws in this game as well. I'm riding the bandwagon, this kid is a legitimate contender for Top 5 status.

fenikz
11-25-2011, 04:40 PM
after this game I don't see him declaring

RaiderNation
11-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I only saw Wilson declaring if they won this game. He would benefit the most out of all the top QBs if he decides to stay another year

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Second game watching Wilson, but he didn't look like a first round QB. His arm is average, accuracy is average, pocket presence is solid. I really don't see how he's better than Landry Jones.

princefielder28
11-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Second game watching Wilson, but he didn't look like a first round QB. His arm is average, accuracy is average, pocket presence is solid. I really don't see how he's better than Landry Jones.

you need to watch more than a game against one of the nation's top defenses and a game where his o-line was clearly outmatched because your evaluation of his skills are off.

keylime_5
11-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I like his arm and pocket presence. the stigma of playing in bobby petrino's offense which inflates his statistics doesn't help. having to follow a guy like ryan mallett who put up big numbers last year for arkansas but had much better size and arm strength makes him seem not as good as he really is as well i think.

if he came out this year i certainly would take luck, barkley, jones, and griffin first, though I think with a great senior year he could eclipse a few of those guys as a superior prospect.

SickwithIt1010
11-25-2011, 06:09 PM
you need to watch more than a game against one of the nation's top defenses and a game where his o-line was clearly outmatched because your evaluation of his skills are off.

Maybe hes just not as good as you hype him up to be. Petrino QB's always get the hype until draft time.

The elite prospects show up in games like these. He looked somewhat mediocre.

fenikz
11-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Luck looks mediocre in most all his games, do you think he isn't an elite prospect?

princefielder28
11-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Maybe hes just not as good as you hype him up to be. Petrino QB's always get the hype until draft time.

The elite prospects show up in games like these. He looked somewhat mediocre.

most of the game he had absolutely no pocket to work from...you place any quarterback in that situation and he's not gonna play to his potential

and after the roughing the passer penalty he took in the 3rd quarter he wasn't the same player

SickwithIt1010
11-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Luck looks mediocre in most all his games, do you think he isn't an elite prospect?

Why? Because of his stat line? Because he doesnt throw the ball 40 times a game? Or???

Matthew Jones
11-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Wilson should go back to school. He's a one-year starter competing against a bunch of prospects who have extensive starting experience under their belts.

descendency
11-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Wilson won't be in a Sanchez type situation, so he should stay at Arkansas.

TACKLE
11-27-2011, 02:07 AM
If Barkley comes back, the 2013 class will be loaded at the top with him, Wilson and Bray.

descendency
11-27-2011, 02:08 AM
If Barkley comes back, the 2013 class will be loaded at the top with him, Wilson and Bray.

More than Luck+RG3+Jones+Tannehill?

fenikz
11-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Why? Because of his stat line? Because he doesnt throw the ball 40 times a game? Or???

most likely the system but he really doesn't do anything but throw 5 yard crossing routes

TACKLE
11-27-2011, 02:22 AM
More than Luck+RG3+Jones+Tannehill?

Still yes. All three of the other guys are legitimate #1 overall pick type talents. I can't say the same for Jones, Griffin or Tannehill.

murdamal86
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Tyler Wilson....LEAVE...and leave NOW!!!

RaiderNation
01-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Any news on if Wilson will declare or not?

Leon Sandcastle
01-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Doubt he leaves. Why does everyone think Bray is leaving next year especially since he hasn't even put together a full year yet.

descendency
01-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Doubt he leaves. Why does everyone think Bray is leaving next year especially since he hasn't even put together a full year yet.

Yeah. I definitely think Bray is a 2014 prospect and not 2013.

grignotte
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Does anyone else see a little bit of Eli Manning in Wilson? I really like how he is able to extend the plays sometimes and yet accurately deliver the ball in awkward positions.

Mitchell
01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Does anyone else see a little bit of Eli Manning in Wilson? I really like how he is able to extend the plays sometimes and yet accurately deliver the ball in awkward positions.

He can't throw deep like Eli, so no.

Brown Leader
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM

Spot on imo except Wilson can run too but... he doesn't have the Eli blank stare.

asdf1223
04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
So any chance he leaves via the Supplemental draft? I think he should to avoid being Brian Brohm 2.0

descendency
04-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think he's allowed to.

His eligibility has to be effected, if I remember correctly. That's one of the holdups that delayed Terrelle Pryor's entry.

princefielder28
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
So any chance he leaves via the Supplemental draft? I think he should to avoid being Brian Brohm 2.0

Tyler Wilson doesn't have to worry about being the next Brohm; he's a far more talented QB.

mqtirishfan
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM

His eligibility has to be effected, if I remember correctly. That's one of the holdups that delayed Terrelle Pryor's entry.

He has plenty of time left to receive improper benefits from an agent.

Spectre
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM

This was said by Greg Aiello during Pryor's process:

“If there are no players eligible for a supplemental draft, there is no supplemental draft,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an email to FOXSports.com on Sunday. “It is for players whose circumstances have changed in an unforeseen way after the regular (college) draft. It is not a mechanism for simply bypassing the regular (draft).”

I'd assume a coach getting fired would qualify as an unforeseen circumstance. Not that he's likely to enter but I bet he could if he wanted to.

RaiderNation
04-10-2012, 07:49 PM
He should stay, he has a great chance to be a 1st round pick if he has another season like last year.

bored of education
04-10-2012, 07:51 PM
He is awesome

asdf1223
04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Tyler Wilson doesn't have to worry about being the next Brohm; he's a far more talented QB.

I agree with you and love Tyler Wilson as a prospect , but there is a good chance he regresses in 2012. All of his WRs are gone to the NFL and his coach gets canned now.

SenorGato
04-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Better prospect in 2 years: Bray or Wilson?

TheBoyWonder22
04-10-2012, 09:47 PM
He should stay, he has a great chance to be a 1st round pick if he has another season like last year.
With how high Pryor went, I could easily see him being taken int the supplemental first. No way he passes the Texans.

BRAVEHEART
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM

Aye Bray Bray

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:03 PM

Tyler Braysus.

descendency
04-10-2012, 10:10 PM

Wilson.

Tyler Bray is a walking injury. When Bray bulks up to 240-250 (like a 6'6" QB needs to be), then Bray will likely be a more serious prospect.

edit: How the **** did I miss "in 2 years". :/

TACKLE
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM

I love both my babies equally, for now.

Brent
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Aye Bray Bray
Bray needs to start eating like 10 cheese burgers a day.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
He's gained like 12 pounds so far this offseason. I definitely don't think he needs to get up to 250. Probably not even 240. 230ish should be good.

BRAVEHEART
04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Bray needs to start eating like 10 cheese burgers a day.

31.9% of people in Tennessee are obese. He shouldn't have a problem as long as he tries.

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
31.9% of people in Tennessee are obese. He shouldn't have a problem as long as he tries.

That's not consistent with the national average? Hmm.

TACKLE
04-10-2012, 10:33 PM
meh if bradford can come to the combine at 238, there's no reason bray can't weight at least 225ish.

BRAVEHEART
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
That's not consistent with the national average? Hmm.

I could be wrong, it's probably higher now.:wave:

CashmoneyDrew
04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I'll just blame it on Memphis.