PDA

View Full Version : SVM Midseason Mock

Sloopy
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
First mock I'm posting on the site, let me know what you think... also let me know about any preferences for format that you would prefer

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck QB, Stanford: Not much to say here...

2. Miami Dolphins – Landry Jones QB Oklahoma: Miami is just another case of one of the worst teams in football due to their lack of a true signal caller, If they miss out on Luck (or if Luck wont play nice) they could find themselves taking Landry Jones

3. Denver Broncos - Matt Barkley QB, USC: Tebow isn’t the answer in Denver and the management is giving the kid a chance so the they can sell the fans on the pick of a new QB this year. Add in the fact that with recent trades it is clear that the rebuilding project is in full swing and QB is the way they go here. Although Don’t be surprised if Former Stanford alum does everything and anything to move up and get Luck.

4. Arizona Cardinals – Matt Kalil OT, USC: LEVI BROWN, PLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BLINDSIDE, YOU HAVE NO BUISNESS BEING HERE.

5. Seattle Seahawks – Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford: With all of the Qbs worth this High of a pick off the board the Seahawks will address the OL Martin could theoretically play either left or right tackle at the next level but that will be between him and Okung

6. Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin III QB Baylor: First splash of the draft here. I honestly believe that Shannahan was licking his chops as Jake Locker came closer and closer to being his, when he was picked up by Tennessee with the 8th pick the Skins decided to trade down. I don’t think Shannahan risks losing out on another mobile QB (which he likes so much) so he won’t risk trading down and losing out on him.

7. St Louis Rams - Whitney Mercilus DE, Illinois: A beast of a pass rusher, Spagnulo won’t be able to help himself adding a playmaking pass rusher opposite Chris Long

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St: After landing a QB last year in Gabbert the Jags really need to give this guy a dynamic #1 target to throw to and they do so by picking up the #1 wide-out in this class.

9. Carolina Panthers - Morris Claiborne CB, LSU: The Panthers are ecstatic that the top CB prospect in this draft class falls to them.

10. Minnesota Vikings - Alshon Jeffery WR, South Carolina: Big tall replacement for Sidney Rice whom they never should have let go. This will certainly aid in Ponders development and make them a more potent offense. Coincidently he is from the same program as Rice so lets hope the chicken curse doesn’t shadow the start of Jeffery’s career as well.

11. Cleveland Browns – Malcom Floyd WR ND: Despite their running game, the Browns lack a true #1 WR for McCoy to throw to, this needs to change, and fast.

12. Tennessee Titans - David Decastro OG Stanford: CJ2K has fallen off as of late so Tennessee try’s to reinvigorate their interior OL with a big mauler like Decastro. Not only is he big and mean but he is surprisingly athletic with the ability to pull and get to that second level, a major plus for blocking in front of the speedy CJ2K

13. New York Jets – Reily Reif OT Iowa: Might be a bit of a reach here but I really don’t see any other positions that the Jets need that also wouldn’t be a reach. Reif can play almost anywhere on the line and while LT is locked down for the Jets they could use help at the others.

14. Dallas Cowboys – Dre, Kirkpatick CB Alabama: While the line still needs help, Jerry Jones was a good boy last year and went with the boring pick so his trigger finger will be itchy this year and will have no problem pulling said trigger on a guy like Kirkpatrick.

15. Philadelphia Eagles – Cordy Glenn OG Georgia: I SO SO SO desperately want to put a LB here but I feel that this organization has time and again looked at the position, weighed possible gains, considered deeply, then said **** it. Reid tends to like improving the trenches with their first round picks. Despite picking Danny Watkins a year ago the OL has been suspect at times so Cordy Glenn is their man, drawing comparisons to Shawn Andrews (A guy Philly drafted in the first round in 2004) Glenn could be the presence they are looking for.

16. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) – Tent Richardson RB Alabama: With Benson getting suspended to start the season and their run game not being great (21st in the league right now) Cinci will be all over Richardson should he fall this far.

17. San Diego Chargers - Dontari Poe DT Memphis: Come draft time, Poe should be moving up peoples boards in a big way, he may not still be available by this time but if he is the Chargers will have found a Monster in the middle to anchor their 3-4 defense

18. New England Patriots (From New Orleans) – Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State: The Pats need a pass rusher, plain and simple. Brandon Jenkins is a Tweener who needs development but I have faith in the Pats coaching staff to make him the best player he can be

19. Chicago Bears - Mike Adams OT THE Ohio State University: The Bears desperately need help on their OL and will be willing to make a possible reach to do so. Mike Adams has prototypical size and strength although needs some refining with his technique however this still provides an upgrade over anything they have.

20. Cincinnati Bengals– Melving Ingram DE South Carolina: The Bengals add an impact pass rusher with their second pick in the draft.

21. New York Giants – Luke Kuechly LB BC: Despite not being the top ILB on many peoples draft boards Kuechly is certainly no slouch and Coughlin loves him some BC players.

22. Kansas City Chiefs – Manti T’eo LB ND: With the choice between a guy with character concerns and a guy whose just as productive and fits the same role Pioli goes with the safer pick in T’eo.

23. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta) – Quinton Coples DE North Carolina: Having already had a pick in the first round, the Browns will have no problem taking a slight gamble with their next pick. While Coples isn’t exactly a gamble by any means he has certainly fallen from grace with many draftniks. Regardless the Browns will take a shot on him to complete their DL transformation to a 4-3

24. Buffalo Bills – Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama: The bills need a pass rusher, while Upshaw may not be a sack artist by any means he is certainly a playmaker, add in his versatility which the Bills seem to love in their defensive players and you have a match made in heaven.

25. San Francisco 49’ers – CB Alfonzo Denard CB Nebraska: I seriously considered Mike Brewster with this pick but considering that the 9’ers have spent three 1st rounders and a 2nd on the position in the past few years its time to spend some resources elsewhere. Add in their lack of a true #1 corner and the secondary is definitely a more pressing concern.

26. Houston Texans – Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington: Seems like everyone is projecting a NT to the Texans this year and for good reason. Their switch to the odd front has left them wanting at some positions and they truly need a big man to anchor the defense. With Poe off the board they will surely turn their eyes to the big man from Washington.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers - Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State: This would be a reach and don’t be surprised if the Steelers don’t trade down here with no worthy blockers available that aren’t centers but the Steelers NEED to address the OL this year in the draft. However since I don’t try to predict where trades will end up the Steelers are locked into the spot and thus

28. Detroit Lions – Mike Brewster C THE Ohio State Univeristy: The Lions have a lot more holes than their record would lead you to believe but the most important need is finding a way to keep Matthew Stafford upright, While there are no OT worth taking here they can still upgrade the line with a Center and Mike Brewster is their man. A four-year starter in the big ten, Matt is as experienced as they come. One reason I chose him over Peter Konz is his adeptness at making line calls.

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Zach Brown LB North Carolina: Weakside backer that fits into their system

30. New England Patriots – Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers: I am probably more confident than any other pick I’ve made in this mock when I say that the Pats probably trade this pick, but until that happens they give Brady a big WR target to throw to who isn’t over the age of 30.

31. Baltimore Ravens – Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State: A truly gifted talent, Newsome will have no fear of his character concerns and will be confident that the reverend Ray Lewis will be able to reign him in before he hangs up the cleats. Could also see Janoris Jenkins here, another talent Ozzie would be quick to swoop up should he fall on draft day, and don’t rule out one of the center prospects should they fall here with neither of the two listed above on the board.

32. Green Bay Packers - Jared Crick DE/DT Nebraska: Many probably want to see a LB here and that may be the route they go. However they have managed to get by on what they have and adding another impact presence beside Raji might kill two birds with one stone, helping upgrade the DL and helping keep blockers off the LB corp

OSUGiants17
11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Perfect Giants pick

TheMatriculator
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
22. Kansas City Chiefs Manti Teo LB ND: With the choice between a guy with character concerns and a guy whose just as productive and fits the same role Pioli goes with the safer pick in Teo.

Good pick for the Chiefs and you are probably right, I'd go with Burfict but Pioli would probably go with T'eo.

SickwithIt1010
11-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Please dont do this to me.

T-RICH49
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
no complaints with Te'o and you hit it on the head.Te'o fits more of a Pioli type of player

Pat Sims 90
11-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Richardson is a good pick.

Secondary needs to be addressed with 1 one of the 1st round picks.

Matthew Jones
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I hope and think Upshaw would be the pick over Jenkins. Upshaw comes from Nick Saban's program and a 3-4 defense, whereas Jenkins is a 4-3 defensive end and reportedly hasn't looked very good rushing out of a two-point stance.

vidae
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I agree with your pick for KC, but I'd STILL prefer Taze. I think there are enough high character guys here, especially on defense, to reel in Taze. Not to mention Crennel is a guy that Taze will respect, so I think he'll try hard not to get in his doghouse.

All that said, I do like Te'o too, but Taze just looks like the kind of high energy guy we could use on defense.

Sloopy
11-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Please dont do this to me.

haha sorry bro you probably can count the woes better than I of LBs passed on and opportunities missed by the Eagles.

I hope and think Upshaw would be the pick over Jenkins. Upshaw comes from Nick Saban's program and a 3-4 defense, whereas Jenkins is a 4-3 defensive end and reportedly hasn't looked very good rushing out of a two-point stance.

To be honest I didn't see either of them being worth a pick where I had the Pats first pick so I imagine they will trade down and grab him later in the round, but for the sake of the mock I went with who I had higher at the position.

I still believe they address the position in the first round, most likely with Upshaw and trade out of the first with the other pick. They certainly have the fire power to move to get their man so again, I indeed believe that they will end up with him :)

I agree with your pick for KC, but I'd STILL prefer Taze. I think there are enough high character guys here, especially on defense, to reel in Taze. Not to mention Crennel is a guy that Taze will respect, so I think he'll try hard not to get in his doghouse.

All that said, I do like Te'o too, but Taze just looks like the kind of high energy guy we could use on defense.

I definitely like Taze better (he's my man crush this draft) I merely went with the move I thought Pioli would make :)

fenikz
11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Burfict doens't have any character concerns he just gets dumb penalties on the field. He is a very soft spoken, nice kid otherwise

well and he punched a teammate

Sloopy
11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Burfict doens't have any character concerns he just gets dumb penalties on the field. He is a very soft spoken, nice kid otherwise

well and he punched a teammate

Right, I guess character concerns was the wrong choice of words here. He did punch his teammate in the locker room but for the most part I think that concerns would be raised about his ability to resist the stupid penalties on the field.

thegreatone
11-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Love Burfict for the Ravens.

holt_bruce81
11-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Why would the Rams take another Defensive End with their first round pick? they have Robert Quinn and Chris Long now.

Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon please!

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Bears would not pass on Coples

49erNation85
11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
You bottom 5 order is just off man , sf should be picking 31.But a nice pick other wise .

Sloopy
11-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Why would the Rams take another Defensive End with their first round pick? they have Robert Quinn and Chris Long now.

Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon please!

I know, I know, this was an attempt at a surprise pick . Spags loves DE's and some of his blitz packages back in NY involved as many as 4 DEs on the field at a time. I feel that whenever there is an impact pass rusher on the board Spags will always be tempted and this year it may be too much for him to not take one of either Mercilus or Ingram. With Mercilus putting up huge sack #s I went with him. This pick very well could be on of the top WR prospects as you point out, just trying to keep it interesting :)

Bears would not pass on Coples

I think that come draft time Coples' draft stock will have fallen significantly and they cannot ignore the needs along the OL any longer.

You bottom 5 order is just off man , sf should be picking 31.But a nice pick other wise .

Other than the order which will undoubtably be different come draft day I am glad you liked your pick, I was tempted to put one of the centers but I think that the lack of a #1 cover guy is the most pressing concern

bengalbuck
11-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I'd be surprised if the Bengals took a DE as its probably the deepest and most talented position on the team. Carlos Dunlap has been a beast. Michael Johnson, Frostee Rucker, Robert Geathers and Jon Fanene (also plays some DT) have been very solid in their roles. And last year's 3rd rounder Dontay Moch, while listed as a LB, is yet another option as a 3rd down pass rusher going forward.

Thecollegedropout
11-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Don't care much for the Jets pick but yeah that's a nightmare scenario.

Thankfully they won't be picking 13 come draft day.

Sloopy
11-04-2011, 06:40 AM
I'd be surprised if the Bengals took a DE as its probably the deepest and most talented position on the team. Carlos Dunlap has been a beast. Michael Johnson, Frostee Rucker, Robert Geathers and Jon Fanene (also plays some DT) have been very solid in their roles. And last year's 3rd rounder Dontay Moch, while listed as a LB, is yet another option as a 3rd down pass rusher going forward.

Yea to be honest I probably should have gone with CB with one of their picks, possibly North Alabama's Janoris Jenkins. I will definitely be changing this for my next mock.