PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bolden, RB, Ole Miss

Don Vito
11-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Ole Miss has been absolutely awful this year, but Bolden is a stud. He is relatively unknown on this board and I don't think people realize how good he is. From a physical standpoint he is about 5-11 225 and has speed, but he literally can do it all on the field. He punishers defenders when he runs, he hits the hole hard, can run by people, and just refuses to go down. He is an outstanding receiver as well, he led the team in receiving last season. He blocks and he is even on the kick and punt coverage units. Bolden is a senior and has been a big time contributor since his freshman year, he is on a horrible team but that makes what he has done the last two seasons that much more impressive.

His skills translate very well to the NFL and I could see him coming off the board in the second round. The only eligible backs I would take over him are Trent Richardson and now injured Ray Graham. Any thoughts on Bolden?

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
One of my Favorite RBs this year. Him and Doug Martin.

Caulibflower
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
He's a guy I've been kind of intrigued by from a height/weight/speed/level of competition perspective, but I don't watch Ole Miss games and there aren't really any good videos of him on youtube, so it's hard to say. He profiles as the kind of running back I like, in that he's got good size, speed and production catching the ball, but I just haven't seen enough of him to make a strong opinion. Right now, to me, he's one another of those semi-anonymous SEC backs who might go in the middle rounds but end up getting a lot of playing time his rookie year, kind of like Stevan Ridley. Bolden's played more through his college career than Ridley, though.

Don Vito
11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
He is a lot like Ridley in that he has size, speed, strength, and is a well rounded back. Both are very smooth for bigger backs and can make plays out of the backfield, both were collegiate captains too. Ole Miss doesn't get much press unless ESPN is showing Trent Richardson highlights, so if you get the chance to watch us then look out for Bolden. One of the best kept secrets in college football.

fenikz
11-04-2011, 03:45 AM
SEC Fantasy Football standout for a couple years, was hurt to start the season but has gotten it going quickly since his return. Ridley is a decent comparison but I think Bolden has always been better. Most likely ends up in the 3rd-5th round but as we've seen with a few guys this season(Murray, Carter) it's not the talent level making these guys drop but just team needs.

Ozzy
11-04-2011, 07:57 AM
I like Bolden as well, he is having a very solid year, and could easily go anywhere between the 3rd and 4th round I feel.

As for Ole Miss, sure they are not having on the field success but they have a lot of very interesting prospects on that team that might all get a shot at the NFL.

Brassell, Scott, Massie, Shackelford, Lockett, A. Morris, Sowell, Rivers etc...