PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix the Browns.

PoopSandwich
11-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I think they need cheerleaders to raise their morale.

robert pancake gallery
11-06-2011, 02:41 PM
I think in order to increase morale they need

The Leadership skill.
Numerous Artifacts (Crest of Valor, Glyph of Gallantry, Badge of Courage, Pendant of Courage, Still Eye of the Dragon).
Mirth
Archangels in your army.
Numerous Adventure Map objects (Fountain of Youth, Temple, Oasis, Watering Hole, Buoy, Events).
Good troops fighting on Holy Grounds and Evil troops fighting in Evil Fog.
Defending in Siege battles (Tavern bestows your troops +1 Morale. Brotherhood of the Sword gives +2).

Complex
11-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Tell Pat Shurmur that the 1985 westcoast playbook doesn't work in 2011.

Edit: Also change the uniforms,team colors and team name.

Vox Populi
11-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Just kill the batman.

thegreatone
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Getting a NFL level WR is a start.

Razor
11-06-2011, 03:07 PM

The Leadership skill.
Numerous Artifacts (Crest of Valor, Glyph of Gallantry, Badge of Courage, Pendant of Courage, Still Eye of the Dragon).
Mirth
Archangels in your army.
Numerous Adventure Map objects (Fountain of Youth, Temple, Oasis, Watering Hole, Buoy, Events).
Defending in Siege battles (Tavern bestows your troops +1 Morale. Brotherhood of the Sword gives +2).

+rep for numerous HoMaM references.

I think the Browns should start with a new HC to answer the question. Fire the entire coaching staff and start over.

Smooth Criminal
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Improve quarterback play.

Saints-Tigers
11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Get a QB and a coach. That would be a start.

PoopSandwich
11-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Guys keep the info coming I am forwarding this to Michael Holmgren and giving him advice. Also does anyone know any good places to order flowers and food I wanna let him know that we care.

gsorace
11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Score more touchdowns.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
-Fit all 31 other teams on the cover of madden
-Change their name to the frowns so they will have no expectations
-Trade for Sam Bradford...jk

Pat Sims 90
11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Move the team to LA?

keylime_5
11-06-2011, 04:56 PM
get more players who don't suck. seems to work for every other team. i guess they can keep the "don't get players who don't suck" philosophy if that's their mantra, but imo it'll come back to bite them in the ass longterm.

Breed
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Move the team to LA?

Who would they miss more LeBron or the Browns?

bum dun dun

phlysac
11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
They need a copper vessel sink.

nobodyinparticular
11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Trade two firsts for a retired Carson Palmer.

Ness
11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Get a good quarterback in there. This is something Cleveland has never had. Kosar was the closest one. I know they aren't easy to find, but they need to get one somehow maybe in the draft or whatever. That would go a long way to helping that team.

TitanHope
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I do believe all it takes is some local anesthetic and a small incision.

keylime_5
11-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Get a good quarterback in there. This is something Cleveland has never had. Kosar was the closest one. I know they aren't easy to find, but they need to get one somehow maybe in the draft or whatever. That would go a long way to helping that team.

we had Otto Graham way back in the 40s/50s who was one of the best ever, then Brian Sipe won NFL MVP in 1980, and Bernie was really good in the late '80s until he got too hurt to be any good. Ever since Bernie we've been in a hole of **** at QB.

nobodyinparticular
11-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I do believe all it takes is some local anesthetic and a small incision.

For a staph infection?

Ness
11-06-2011, 05:21 PM
we had Otto Graham way back in the 40s/50s who was one of the best ever, then Brian Sipe won NFL MVP in 1980, and Bernie was really good in the late '80s until he got too hurt to be any good. Ever since Bernie we've been in a hole of **** at QB.

True. Otto Graham was there, but I usually don't count players that far back before the Super Bowl era. Just me personally. I suppose you could include Sipe. Did he have more than one good year though? Because even Scott Mitchell had one good season.

thegreatone
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Give them some deodorant.

keylime_5
11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
True. Otto Graham was there, but I usually don't count players that far back before the Super Bowl era. Just me personally. I suppose you could include Sipe. Did he have more than one good year though? Because even Scott Mitchell had one good season.

yes he was good for 5 or 6 years in the late 70s/early 80s before we got Bernie. Little guy who always threw for a ton of everything - yards, touchdowns, interceptions. Cardiac Kids.

PoopSandwich
11-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Trade two firsts for a retired Carson Palmer.

haha i was gonna say that

gpngc
11-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Stare Julio Jones right in the face... and get ALL THE FOURTH ROUNDERS YOU CAN! Awwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaa!

gpngc
11-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Also, a quarterback.

TitanHope
11-06-2011, 09:05 PM
For a staph infection?

Staph infection?

More like STAFF infection!

Anybody? Anybody?

MetSox17
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I remember when a staph infection almost killed LeCharles Bentley. lol

Brent
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
call a repairman

Rabscuttle
11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Moving worked last time, but that's already taken.

Convince Ozzie Newsome to come home.

yodabear
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Let them play the ******* Rams every ******* week.

DeepThreat
11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Quarterback, wide receivers, two guards, right tackle, defensive end, linebacker, cornerback, offensive coordinator.

Halsey
11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Try to trade up for Andrew Luck.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
draft patrick peterson

keylime_5
11-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Quarterback, wide receivers, two guards, right tackle, defensive end, linebacker, cornerback, offensive coordinator.

you forgot safety.

keylime_5
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Stare Julio Jones right in the face... and get ALL THE FOURTH ROUNDERS YOU CAN! Awwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaa!

More like 2 firsts, a second, a third, and a fourth.

Complex
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
You guys need a new team name, uniforms,colors because lets face it no one wants to play in Cleveland and then you have have such a crappy name like the browns. No one wants to come and play for the Browns.

Iamcanadian
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
It is rather simple, you find a franchise QB and then get some skill players around him, like say, Sanchez and Julio Jones, oh wait, we traded those picks or they would be Browns.

Ness
11-07-2011, 12:40 AM
call a repairman

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8qefg_K3aAA/TcP43K-3duI/AAAAAAAACJE/kmmrkOU8VpY/s1600/repair+man+man+man.jpg

A Perfect Score
11-07-2011, 12:51 AM

The Leadership skill.
Mirth
Archangels in your army.

Oh my god, a HOMAMIII player. I thought I was the only one. You sir, deserve rep.

descendency
11-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Bill Belich...

Oh wait. Oops.

kalbears13
11-07-2011, 12:59 AM
This thread sucks...

Except for the HOMAM references!! LOL @ Fortress. I definitely played II way more than III. Warlock, Wizard and Sorcerer were definitely the shiz.

wogitalia
11-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Lol at I got the HOMM3 reference as well...

I would say you fix the Browns with toilet paper and failing that a ******** of laundry detergent and a shower of shame.

But seriously, they should be running a spread offense because that offense is designed to shine when you have a weak QB and a whole hoard of #2/3 receivers instead of going for the West Coast and relying on receivers to make plays.

TonyGfortheTD
11-07-2011, 03:14 AM

also add: owner, a home that isn't Cleveland to have a legitimate chance at signing worthwhile free agents without massively overpaying, running back

Razor
11-07-2011, 04:34 AM
This thread sucks...

Except for the HOMAM references!! LOL @ Fortress. I definitely played II way more than III. Warlock, Wizard and Sorcerer were definitely the shiz.

Screw Fortress! Rampart was by far the greatest faction in HOMAM III, which imo is the gold standard among computer games. My Gold Dragons would eat your Chaos Hydras alive. But I fear your Mighty Gorgons...

EDIT: MMH 6 looks pretty ******* awesome as well.
-PKxXdSUl3Q

Right now I am so regretting that I bought a Mac.. ****! I might have to go out and buy a gaming PC just for this.

Job Reborn
11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
I still play HOMM3. VI is going to suck. This franchise is not meant for graphics.

A Perfect Score
11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
I too still play HOMAMIII. I didn't like later instances of the game, 5 was a big letdown. And please, you kids are talking about Fortress and Rampart? It's obvious that the Castle, Inferno and Necromancer are the best castles.

EDIT: I also revel in the fact that HOMAMIII is a more exciting topic to many of us then the Cleveland Browns are.

BeerBaron
11-07-2011, 08:47 AM

And Joe Jurevicious.

Perhaps move the Browns to the NFC West? They could at least beat everyone but San Fran.

Razor
11-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I still play HOMM3. VI is going to suck. This franchise is not meant for graphics.

I think it looks pretty good. The only thing is, there are only three levels of creatures which I don't like. There has to be seven levels, everything else is fail. Anyways, all of this made me order HOMM3 (and unfortunately also IV since it was a dual pack) since that will run on Parallels. $14 well spent!

Da-Phins
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Well first then need to bench McCoy and find a real franchise QB. Then fire their coach and hire someone who actually knows what they are doing. I still dont understand the hiring of Shurmur.

BuckeyeDan17
11-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Hire a coach that's actually familiar with an offense that will work in 2012's NFL assuming the world doesn't blow up.

Get a quarterback that can throw the ball more than 10 yards without it looking like a ******* punt. And you know what I hate about the Holmgren hire? He's going to keep going after west coast offense people a la drafting quarterbacks in middle rounds with weak ass arms.

Awesome, love the ******* path we're on.

LonghornsLegend
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Get a QB .

This is all that matters. Once you do this everything else falls into place. They might think about making a move for Barkley because they have the ammo, maybe their fine with someone like Landry Jones though.

jrdrylie
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
I too still play HOMAMIII. I didn't like later instances of the game, 5 was a big letdown. And please, you kids are talking about Fortress and Rampart? It's obvious that the Castle, Inferno and Necromancer are the best castles.

EDIT: I also revel in the fact that HOMAMIII is a more exciting topic to many of us then the Cleveland Browns are.

I've only played HOMAM 2. I tried to find a place to download it to my computer but none of them worked.

He's going to keep going after west coast offense people a la drafting quarterbacks in middle rounds with weak ass arms.

Kellen Moore in round four?

Halsey
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Matt Barkley might be a nice fit for the Browns.

Rosebud
11-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Move them to Baltimore n change the team's name.

WCH
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Move them to Baltimore n change the team's name.

That was funny. Cruel to the folks in Cleveland, but funny.

georgiafan
11-07-2011, 11:31 AM
It's gotta start with finding a new QB bc Colt is and never was gonna be a good QB in the NFL. Also find a #1 but they have alot of 2nd rounders invested in them and none of them are gonna be #1 except maybe Little.

nepg
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it really looks like Colt isn't going to be the answer for this team. Most everything else is in good shape, though. WRs aren't that far off - probably need some more quality depth with potential... A TE wouldn't hurt.

keylime_5
11-07-2011, 11:41 AM
tight end? ben watson, evan moore, and alex smith are pretty good tight ends. and jordan cameron was a 4th round pick this year.

they need to fix the O-Line like something crazy, and they need to find a franchise QB and some playmakers at WR.

nepg
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I've always marveled at how the Browns just completely ignored the right side of the OL after making the left side so amazing with Thomas, Steinbach, and Mack...

I like Greg Little and Massaquoi's been pretty steady for them. I imagine they'll keep bringing in bigger receivers to recreate what Green Bay has been doing for the last ~20 years.

They're a team that can afford to mix it up at QB. Maybe let Colt continue to take the lumps while a QB that fits better in the system develops.

Job Reborn
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I've only played HOMAM 2. I tried to find a place to download it to my computer but none of them worked.

You fail at Internet.

Halsey
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Isn't there a way to buy HoMM2 for like $5 or less? If it isn't available on some download service, it should be.

By the way, the Madden Curse is a lie. EA pays the NFL and a player to fake an injury and have a bad year. It's good publicity for the game.

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 01:02 PM
There are some pretty quality shitstain removers on the market these days, this technology has really advanced in the last few years.

vikes_28
11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
change their uniforms.

kalbears13
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I was definitely a rampart guy. I could also dig dungeon. If it wasnt for the homam i would be hating winslowbodden for starting this thread. YOU KNEW IT WOULD JUST TURN INTO A CLEVELAND BASHING!

PoopSandwich
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
The Browns are sort of like Conflux I think they need to be more like Dungeon.

Infernal Troglodytes FOR LIFE.

kalbears13
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes1/creatures/peasant.gif

/thread

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I was never a fan of the Shurmur hire. Really didn't seem like a quality head coach.

Still not a fan of Colt McCoy. I don't think his style of play is going to cut it in the NFL these days. He'd be alright if he was on a team with a top 5 defense and running game, but he doesn't have that.

THe Browns have the ammo to trade up for the 1st pick in the draft (If it becomes available), so they might have some thinking to do this offseason.

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 06:04 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x152/blondechicatomax/funny-gifs-very-excited.gif

I'm just going to start leaving this around. It's kind of a nightmare.

A Perfect Score
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Thats so terrifying. God damned you CCSD.

Rabscuttle
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I think they need cheerleaders to raise their morale.

This only works if they fly them in from a city where women have teeth.

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM
it reminds me of Alien, keep expecting the double mouth thing.

Rabscuttle
11-07-2011, 06:41 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x152/blondechicatomax/funny-gifs-very-excited.gif

I'm just going to start leaving this around. It's kind of a nightmare.

Yet strangely intriguing.

wogitalia
11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
W. T. F. CCSD.

What has been seen can't be unseen.

nepg
11-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Isn't there a way to buy HoMM2 for like $5 or less? If it isn't available on some download service, it should be.

By the way, the Madden Curse is a lie. EA pays the NFL and a player to fake an injury and have a bad year. It's good publicity for the game.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/heroes_of_might_and_magic_2_gold_edition

GOG is the devil.

HOMAM 2 was the only one I played. I was bored with it too easily. I got it because it seemed similar to Dragon Force...which was amazing. I keep almost getting similar games. I did get the first Disgaia, which I think is very similar in concept, but with Shining Force (well, FF Tactics to give noobs a reference) style combat. But I've abstained from Disciples et al.

PoopSandwich
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Heroes 2 gold was incredible, 3 was much better though.

nepg
11-09-2011, 03:44 PM
You can get Heroes 3 for $10, too.

ArkyRamsFan
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Mebbe a new defensive coordinator would help.I hear Jerry Sandusky is looking for a new gig....

Pat Sims 90
11-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Mebbe a new defensive coordinator would help.I hear Jerry Sandusky is looking for a new gig....

Sandusky already works for the Browns.

ArkyRamsFan
11-09-2011, 04:45 PM

I am afraid to ask but I must: doing what??

BTW I wonder if the town that bears his ignomious name will put in for a name change sooner rather than later...

Pat Sims 90
11-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I am afraid to ask but I must: doing what??

BTW I wonder if the town that bears his ignomious name will put in for a name change sooner rather than later...

Player Personal.

mqtirishfan
11-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Wrong guy.

phlysac
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Wrong guy.

Jon Sandusky is the adopted son of Jerry Sandusky. All of Jerry's sons are adopted.

Ugh.

J-Mike88
11-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Edit: Also change the uniforms,team colors and team name.
You can't change the team name, but you can have a dramatic transformation in colors, logo, and uniforms a la the Buccaneers in 1997.
That energized the team and fans..... now they can wear those orange creamcycles as throwbacks once a year.

As far as that team goes..... I just don't know.
Not sure if Mike Holmgren has the ability to properly evaluate personnel.

His first big move when he left Green Bay as simple head coach, and got to Seattle as coach and GM, was to trade the young Ahman Green to Green Bay for a POS crappy CB in Fred Vinson.

Ahman went on to become the all-time leading rusher for the Green Bay Packers.

Holmgren is a 10x better coach than he is GM.

fear the elf
11-10-2011, 08:36 AM
You can't change the team name, but you can have a dramatic transformation in colors, logo, and uniforms a la the Buccaneers in 1997.
That energized the team and fans..... now they can wear those orange creamcycles as throwbacks once a year.

As far as that team goes..... I just don't know.
Not sure if Mike Holmgren has the ability to properly evaluate personnel.

His first big move when he left Green Bay as simple head coach, and got to Seattle as coach and GM, was to trade the young Ahman Green to Green Bay for a POS crappy CB in Fred Vinson.

Ahman went on to become the all-time leading rusher for the Green Bay Packers.

Holmgren is a 10x better coach than he is GM.

Holmgren isn't the GM, he's the President. Heckert is the GM and he's done a pretty good job. I think Holmgren has done OK so far, he brought in Heckert (+), but hired Shurmer (-, so far).

FootballGod
11-10-2011, 08:43 AM

Really? You had to add the lol on the end. Yeah that really seems hilarious....not.

Brown Leader
11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
This leads to another question-When is the NFL going to adopt the college style of alternate uniforms? The throwbacks the Packers, Broncos, Steelers or Eagles wear every now and again are great change ups.

I've been waiting forever for an all brown Browns uniform. Come to think of it, I don't think the Browns have even worn their brown jerseys all year. Clearly that's whats wrong with this years team.

SuperPacker
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
I reckon the packers second string is better than the browns starters!!

keylime_5
11-10-2011, 01:50 PM
nuh-uh, the browns beat green bay in the preseason. clearly they are a better team.

SuperPacker
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
nuh-uh, the browns beat green bay in the preseason. clearly they are a better team.

Flynn > McCoy
Grant > Hillis
Jones > Little
Cobb > Massaquoi

fear the elf
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Flynn > McCoy
Grant > Hillis
Jones > Little
Cobb > Massaquoi

Yeah, and LSU can beat the Colts, right? smh

jsa230
11-10-2011, 03:33 PM
smh=so much hate ^^^

I agree with superpacker.

fear the elf
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
smh=so much hate ^^^

I agree with superpacker.

Tell me then, how would the backup OL stack up against the Browns' starting DL? Who gets open against Joe Haden? Who's blowing up D'Qwell Jackson in the hole?

Say what you want about the offense, and yes, the team in general sucks, but no ******* way does the 2nd stringers of any team beat us.

keylime_5
11-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I was being facetious with my last remark, but honestly Hillis>Grant and the Browns first team would probably beat the Packers second team, but it's arguable which is very very sad.

fear the elf
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I was being facetious with my last remark, but honestly Hillis>Grant and the Browns first team would probably beat the Packers second team, but it's arguable which is very very sad.

Totally agree with the bold. But when people say it like it's fact, even thought they are just trolling, it drives me crazy.

We have some decent players that deserve some respect. Plus I'm just ******* sick of being the butt of every joke for as long as I've been alive...*sigh*

I'm going to go home and cry :'(

jsa230
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Pump the brakes fte, no need to get hostile.

I never said the packers 2nd team could beat the browns. Matt Flynn is better than McCoy. Grant and Starks are both better than Hillis. The comparison is almost like apples to oranges but I would rather Grant or Starks over Hillis. Plus, the Packers 4th and 5th receivers are better than any receiver on the Browns. The Browns d is the only reason they have been competitive this year and the defense has a bright future. I wasn't high on Haden coming out but he is coming along nicely as is most of the D.

fear the elf
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Pump the brakes fte, no need to get hostile.

I never said the packers 2nd team could beat the browns. Matt Flynn is better than McCoy. Grant and Starks are both better than Hillis. The comparison is almost like apples to oranges but I would rather Grant or Starks over Hillis. Plus, the Packers 4th and 5th receivers are better than any receiver on the Browns. The Browns d is the only reason they have been competitive this year and the defense has a bright future. I wasn't high on Haden coming out but he is coming along nicely as is most of the D.

Sorry, it's been a rough day... :/

Rosebud
11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Sorry, it's been a rough day... :/

You're a cleveland fan...at some point you have to realize that you're doing it to yourself...

RaiderNation
11-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I think he Browns could look at Landry Jones in the draft with their high pick, or maybe Tannehill late in the 1st with ATL's pick. McCoy isn't he answer.

Complex
11-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Rather have Greg Little over James Jones.

Raiderz4Life
11-10-2011, 04:56 PM
You have to get a rusty knob QB like the Bengals did.

nepg
11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
You have to get a rusty knob QB like the Bengals did.
Those are harder to find than a QB prospect of Andrew Luck's caliber.

Raiderz4Life
11-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Those are harder to find than a QB prospect of Andrew Luck's caliber.

They can have ours =)

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I think the problem with the Browns is they are trying to out-physical Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They can't win that war. They'll always be playing catch up with those 2 teams. They are and will always be tougher than Cleveland.

Cleveland should try to bring a different style to the division. First and foremost of course, they need a quarterback. But once they get one, maybe develop your team in a different mold. I hate to use the word finesse, but bring more of an offensive mentality to the table.

Force them to adjust to you.

K Train
11-11-2011, 01:53 PM

i lol'd at this

Prowler
11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Has "move them to Baltimore'' been said yet?

*yes, page 3* I vote for that option anyway