PDA

View Full Version : Best Safety Duo in the league?

shylo3716
11-06-2011, 07:28 PM
When we speak about tandems on the defensive side of the ball we tend to think Cornerback tandems & never Safety when it comes to the secondary.

With this being said....Who has the best Safety duo in the league right now as we speak or who has the best up & coming Safety duo to be on the lookout for in years to come?

CashmoneyDrew
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Eric Berry and anyone with a pulse.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
not arizona

DraftSavant
11-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Seattle (10)

Go_Eagles77
11-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Hate to say it, but probably the giants. I miss C.C. Brown.

Complex
11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Seattle (10)

This(10 char)

thenewfeature06
11-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Solid question "guy"..

When Rolle was in AZ I like him and Wilson.

Clark and Polamamau are underrated and could be the best now.. though both are better at run support rather than coverage.

Kenny Phillips and Rolle are a good one too.. and when Bob Sanders was alive him and Bethea tore **** up.

Breed
11-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Kerry Rhodes, and Adrian Wilson

shylo3716
11-06-2011, 07:45 PM
How great does anyone think the Thomas/Chancellor duo will become?

http://nflseahawks.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/20110925_seahawks_0163.jpg

phlysac
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I won't call them the "Best" but I am absolutely elated with how Donte Whitner and Dashon Goldson have been playing.

Ravens1991
11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Pollard is impressing me next to Reed, but it seems Reed is sliding down a little :(

thenewfeature06
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Whitner is on the 9ers?! O yeahhhhhhhh

And yeah Pollard and Reed are a top 10 duo.

shylo3716
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
How about you guys give a Top 10 Ranking of current tandems which I believe would help solve everything.

fenikz
11-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Kerry Rhodes, and Adrian Wilson

Rhodes is hurt/benched and Wilson can't cover anything

wogitalia
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
It is unequivocally 100% NOT the Vikings.

Though we are the easy, and correct, answer for worst safety Duo in the history of the league.

Caulibflower
11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
You have pretty much everything you want between Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas.

shylo3716
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
You have pretty much everything you want between Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas.

The big question will be how long will Carroll keep both, because all great things must eventually come to an end.

the new jesus
11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Nick Collins/Morgan Burnett is the best IMO, assuming Collins plays football again.

vidae
11-06-2011, 10:24 PM

I knew I loved you. Eric Berry + Kendrick Lewis for the future y'all!

JBCX
11-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Why does everyone think Earl Thomas is an elite player? In every Seattle game I watch he does nothing at all to differentiate himself from being a JAG.

scottyboy
11-06-2011, 11:23 PM
I enjoy KP and Rolle.

I mean, I have nightmares of Shaun Williams, CC Brown and Craig Dahl so like, yeah. But I enjoy our Hurricane tandem

prock
11-07-2011, 04:35 AM
The Vikings

shylo3716
11-07-2011, 04:36 AM
I enjoy KP and Rolle.

I mean, I have nightmares of Shaun Williams, CC Brown and Craig Dahl so like, yeah. But I enjoy our Hurricane tandem

I do too my friend, does not get any better for me as a Cane fan.

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-JL005_giants_Q_20100801214825.jpg

Razor
11-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Well it sure as hell isn't the Patriots. Our safeties suck so hard I miss Brandon ******* Meriweather! Ugh, makes me feel dirty just to type that ****. I'd say Seahawks. They're young and talented at safety, and they're making plays. Also, Ed Reed plus random guy would top most safety duos in the league imo.

shylo3716
11-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Well it sure as hell isn't the Patriots. Our safeties suck so hard I miss Brandon ******* Meriweather! Ugh, makes me feel dirty just to type that ****. I'd say Seahawks. They're young and talented at safety, and they're making plays. Also, Ed Reed plus random guy would top most safety duos in the league imo.

I believe Ras-I will be your future Safety replacement.

prock
11-07-2011, 04:41 AM
I remember when Tyrell Johnson almost went before Phillips in that draft because of KPs injury concerns. Sad sad day

Razor
11-07-2011, 04:51 AM
I believe Ras-I will be your future Safety replacement.Well it sure as hell isn't the Patriots. Our safeties suck so hard I miss Brandon ******* Meriweather! Ugh, makes me feel dirty just to type that ****. I'd say Seahawks. They're young and talented at safety, and they're making plays. Also, Ed Reed plus random guy would top most safety duos in the league imo.
I don't think so. BB seems hellbent on playing him at corner. I doubt that his body would hold up to the punishment at safety as well. The guy has major durability concerns, playing safety won't help that. I also like the idea of having a bigger corner to match up with bigger receivers which are more common these these days it seems.

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I'd say Kenny Phillips and Antrelle Rolle. Although Reed and Pollard are good together along wth Clark and Polumalu.

BufFan71
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
No mention of Jairus Byrd and George Wilson?

Wilson- 71 tackles 4ints 1 ff
Byrd- 56 tackles 2 ints 1ff 1 fr

ShutDwn
11-07-2011, 10:54 AM
No mention of Jairus Byrd and George Wilson?

Wilson- 71 tackles 4ints 1 ff
Byrd- 56 tackles 2 ints 1ff 1 fr

they get my vote. I like them both.

Not claiming they are top safeties, but Godfrey and Martin are young, improving safeties and if the Panthers could get stronger up front I think these two look a lot better.

Rosebud
11-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Giants, Bills and Seahawks are my favorites cause they've got two studs unlike the Reed+/Berry+ pairings that are completely dependent on their one stud to make up for the other guy's short comings. That said my homer vote goes toy giants because our guys are so damn versatile, Rolle's one he'll of a ball hawk, tackler, blitzer n can man up as well as any safety in the league meanwhile KP can really fly, plays the ball well and is a great run defender.

nepg
11-07-2011, 11:42 AM
When Berry comes back, Lewis-Berry is quite the combo. Kendrick's improved a ton this year.

nepg
11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Doesn't hurt that Polamalu can get away with pretty much anything.

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I like our duo but I don't think we're the best in the league. We're possibly top 5 but we still miss out on some plays and make some mistakes back there. I wish KP never hurt his knee otherwise I bet have a better argument to place them at #1.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
How's Atogwe playing? If he's playing well, I'd take him and Landry, followed by the Seahawks duo. Giants and Bills behind.

sweetness34
11-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Chris Conte and Major Wright are about to take **** over.

I hope.

Thunder&Lightning
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Atogwe and Landry

SuperPacker
11-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Collins and Burnett easy!

descendency
11-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Ed Reed and a fan.

I don't think so. BB seems hellbent on playing him at corner. I doubt that his body would hold up to the punishment at safety as well. The guy has major durability concerns, playing safety won't help that. I also like the idea of having a bigger corner to match up with bigger receivers which are more common these these days it seems.

He's Cromartie-esque with fewer kids and less of a douchebag.

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor (SEA)- a lot of potential there, but they let up an awful lot of yardage.

Thomas Decoud and William Moore (ATL)- Haven't been able to see much of them, but they are a good young tandem.

Sean Jones and Tanard Jackson (TB)- These two are my pick to be the best for the rest of the year, Jackson coming back and Jones just needs to stay healthy. Big playmaking ability.

Bernard Pollard and Ed Reed (BAL)- Reed and gumby could make this list

Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu (PIT)- Polumalu has a similar effect as Reed, but to a lesser degree. Clark has been ok.

Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle and Deon Grant (NYG)- Rolle did a pretty good job overall against welker, and as a safety covering either the best WR in the game right now or the second best, thats impressive. Phillips has been pretty good especially in taking away the deep ball with his range. Grant is being used as a rover and been very crucial to our success.

Oshiomogho Atogwe and LaRon Landry (WAS)- Both have been resurrected after inconsistent play, Landry is starting to look like the monster he was supposed to be.

vidae
11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
No love at all for KC BaLLiN? Jeez!

Splat
11-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Don't speak his name I still haven't recovered...

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
It's probably worth noting that Eric Weddle is tied for the league lead in picks with 5. Since INT #s don't really mean much I should probably add he's also playing damn fine safety. The rest of the secondary though is hot garbage.....cold garbage? Whichever is least preferable.

Splat
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
It's probably worth noting that Eric Weddle is tied for the league lead in picks with 5.

It's also worth noting he played Matt Cassel twice.

shylo3716
11-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor (SEA)- a lot of potential there, but they let up an awful lot of yardage.

Thomas Decoud and William Moore (ATL)- Haven't been able to see much of them, but they are a good young tandem.

Sean Jones and Tanard Jackson (TB)- These two are my pick to be the best for the rest of the year, Jackson coming back and Jones just needs to stay healthy. Big playmaking ability.

Bernard Pollard and Ed Reed (BAL)- Reed and gumby could make this list

Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu (PIT)- Polumalu has a similar effect as Reed, but to a lesser degree. Clark has been ok.

Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle and Deon Grant (NYG)- Rolle did a pretty good job overall against welker, and as a safety covering either the best WR in the game right now or the second best, thats impressive. Phillips has been pretty good especially in taking away the deep ball with his range. Grant is being used as a rover and been very crucial to our success.

Oshiomogho Atogwe and LaRon Landry (WAS)- Both have been resurrected after inconsistent play, Landry is starting to look like the monster he was supposed to be.

Love the breakdown +rep your way

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
No love at all for KC BaLLiN? Jeez!

if it makes you feel any better, i play with them all the time on madden and put eric berry and jamaal charles in :)

gpngc
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Chancellor and Thomas are as talented as any duo in the league. The defense gives up a lot of yards through the air because the CBs are terrible.

And the Giants have the best safety TRIO in the league because Grant plays a lot.

Vox Populi
11-07-2011, 08:43 PM
The Bills trio with Bryan Scott is up there with the Giants trio as well. If people actually watched the Bills I think they'd get a lot more love in this discussion. Doesn't help them that Florence and McGee give up everything underneath and the only time Leodis shows up at all is when he gives up a deep PI call or gets beat deep (to be fair he has been pretty solid since the Cinci game and the TD he gave up to Plax was the most ridiculous non-call on offensive PI I've ever seen and the PI call against him on Santonio was questionable, most people think it wasn't a catchable ball). The Bills don't get tested deep too much because of Byrd unless the other team gets a 1-on-1 match up, the Bills just get ripped apart in the short passing game usually.

shylo3716
11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
The Bills trio with Bryan Scott is up there with the Giants trio as well. If people actually watched the Bills I think they'd get a lot more love in this discussion. Doesn't help them that Florence and McGee give up everything underneath and the only time Leodis shows up at all is when he gives up a deep PI call or gets beat deep (to be fair he has been pretty solid since the Cinci game and the TD he gave up to Plax was the most ridiculous non-call on offensive PI I've ever seen and the PI call against him on Santonio was questionable, most people think it wasn't a catchable ball). The Bills don't get tested deep too much because of Byrd unless the other team gets a 1-on-1 match up, the Bills just get ripped apart in the short passing game usually.

Aaron Williams Safety or Cornerback for Bills?

TitanHope
11-07-2011, 08:51 PM
It's Chris Hope and Michael Griffin, and if Drew and Doughie say otherwise THEY'RE LYING!

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I agree with you there, I meant to put them in i forgot. Wilson and Byrd are definitely up there, people do forget about how much of a ballhawk Byrd is and Wilson is playing at a pro bowl caliber level. I would actually put them #1, then the giants trio.

the new jesus
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
VBoFyTMbIhA

Leon Sandcastle
11-07-2011, 09:14 PM
It's easily the Bills duo of Byrd and Wilson. Add on top of that Bryan Scott and Da'Norris Searcy who've also made plays. They have the best safeties in the NFL.

Love that the Seahawks duo is getting love too.

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
VBoFyTMbIhA

I hope you know that Nick Collins is out for the season...

Vox Populi
11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Aaron Williams Safety or Cornerback for Bills?

Injured corner

senormysterioso
11-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Maybe not the best, but I would love to have Jim Leonhard and Eric Smith on my team...they're both very disciplined and reliable in their assignments, incredibly smart, and good tacklers. May not be able to do the things that Ed Reed or Eric Berry can do, but neither of them have bad games.

Vox Populi
11-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Maybe not the best, but I would love to have Jim Leonhard and Eric Smith on my team...they're both very disciplined and reliable in their assignments, incredibly smart, and good tacklers. May not be able to do the things that Ed Reed or Eric Berry can do, but neither of them have bad games.

This reminds me how many solid DB's the Bills have had since 2005ish...

Terrence McGee, Jabari Greer, Leodis McKelvin, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Donte Whitner, George Wilson, Jairus Byrd, Jim Leonhard, Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy...

gpngc
11-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Bump because of the Kearl.

Nickname time, board. NNNNNNNNNNNN go.

XxXdragonXxX
11-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Hearing Kam collide with Steven Jackson all game was pretty awesome.

Needs to cut down on the "defenseless receiver" hits though, love them, but he ain't gonna make any money paying 4/5 of his salary in fines.

diabsoule
11-21-2011, 03:26 PM
MALCOM JENKINS and ROMAN HARPER!!!!!!!1!!!!!

TimmG6376
11-21-2011, 03:49 PM

Jets fans might disagree after Smith got Tebowed.

BradysKnee
11-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading.

This is one thing I thought we'd all agree on right away.

CLEARLY the best safety duo in the league is Chung+Ihedigbo. FFS.

shylo3716
11-21-2011, 05:50 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading.

This is one thing I thought we'd all agree on right away.

CLEARLY the best safety duo in the league is Chung+Ihedigbo. FFS.

http://static2.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/3/7/2/large2/2730727.jpg