PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Draft Team Needs

Matthew Jones
11-07-2011, 06:36 AM
I tried making a list of team needs yesterday and figured I'd post it here. Let me know how I did!

2012 NFL Draft Team Needs (parenthesis indicates a possible exclusion)

Arizona Cardinals - WR, LT, C, RG, RT, OLBx2, CB

Atlanta Falcons - TE, RG, OLB

Baltimore Ravens - (LT), LE, (OLB), ILB, S

Buffalo Bills - LT, RG, RT, OLBx2, (CB)

Carolina Panthers - WR, RG, (DT), CB, FS

Chicago Bears - WR, LT, C, DE, SLB, CB, S

Cincinnati Bengals - RB, LG, C, CB, FS

Cleveland Browns - (QB), WR, (LG), RG, RT, RE, OLB, CB

Dallas Cowboys - C, RG, LE, (CB), (FS), (SS)

Denver Broncos - (QB), RB, C, LE, DT, CB

Detroit Lions - LT, C, RG, (RT), RE, (MLB), WLB, CB

Green Bay Packers - RE, OLB, (CB), S

Houston Texans - WR, RG, NT, S

Indianapolis Colts - (QB), LG, C, RG/RT, DE, DT, OLB, CB

Jacksonville Jaguars - WRx2, RT, DE, CB, (FS)

Kansas City Chiefs - (QB), (RB), TE, LG, RT, NT, ILB

Miami Dolphins - QB, WR, RT, ILB, FS

Minnesota Vikings - WR, LT, LG, C, RG, (RT), NT, OLB, (CB), S

New England Patriots - WR, C, DE, OLB, CB, FS

New Orleans Saints - C, (DT), OLB, (CB)

New York Giants - C, (DE), DT, ILB, OLB

New York Jets - WR, LG, RT, (NT), (OLB), ILB, FS

Oakland Raiders - RG, RT, DT, OLB, (CB)

Philadelphia Eagles - C, OLBx2, ILB, (CB)

Pittsburgh Steelers - LT, LG, RG, NT, ILB, CB, (FS)

San Diego Chargers - (WR), RT, NT, OLB, SS

San Francisco 49ers - C, RG, RT, CB, FS

Seattle Seahawks - QB, RB, (WR), (OLB), CBx2

St. Louis Rams - WR, (OT), DTx2, OLB, (CB)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LG, RT, (DT), CB

Tennessee Titans - WR, (OG), C, (DE), NT, (LB), SS

Washington Redskins - QB, (RB), (WR), OG, C, ILB, (CB)

rawdawg
11-07-2011, 06:59 AM
For the Bears, I would take out LT and put in DE.

J'Marcus Webb isn't good, but he has done a good job run blocking on the left side this year. Lance Louis has done a decent job at RT in place of Carimi. Worst case scenario, Webb doesn't improve by next year and Carimi is the LT with Louis at RT. Even then, if the rest of the line is shored up then the Bears can focus all their attention on helping Webb with a TE or RB. Of course that depends on Carimi' ability to hold up at RT.

Meanwhile at DE, the Bears have Peppers...and that's basically it. Idonije is a FA after the year and is over 30. Corey Wootton can't get healthy to show he's a worthwile starter on the opposite side. And Nick Reed and Mario Addison are UDFAs that aren't doing much this year.

In order, I would say the Bears needs are: WR, C, CB, DE, SLB, S. SS over FS, because Conte looks like a keeper at FS and Wright can play there also. But the Bears S are interchangeable so either S position would be fine.

Razor
11-07-2011, 07:01 AM
New England Patriots - WR, C, DE, OLB, CB, FS

Is this needs in no particular order or...? I think you hit our needs, but as far as ranking them I'd say:

1. OLB
I can't remember the last time we had an efficient pass rush. Maybe in 2007 where Vrabel had 12.5 sacks, but that was probably more due to opposing teams playing from behind and thus being forced to throw more than they'd like. Even though there really aren't any true 3-4 OLB prospects that fit the BB mold this year it's still the top need for this defense imo. I say screw the BB mold, just find a player that know how to get to the QB!

2. DE
We can't get by with this patchwork DL that we've had the last couple of year. I miss the golden years with Warren - Wilfork - Seymour dominating opponents. I think BB misses that as well. If we can find a DT with a skill set that allows him to succeed in BBs scheme I don't care how much you have to give up, you go get him.

3. S
Our starting safeties besides Pat Chung this year: Sergio Brown, Josh Barrett and James Ihedigbo. Nuff said.

4. C
Koppen is most likely out in NE. He was becoming a liability, and even though his intelligence and leadership on the field will be missed it's time to move on. Connolly isn't the answer either. We need a big, athletic guy that can hold up against bigger NTs whilst still being able to pull.

5. WR
Ochocinco has been nothing short of atrocious and Taylor Price doesn't seem to be progressing. We need someone to stretch the field, preferably a big target.

6. CB
Bodden got cut and now we're back to starting Kyle Arrington again. He has looked OK, but is better suited for the slot. McCourty has regressed a lot this year, but I expect him to rebound. Dowling seems to be very prone to injury. We don't just need depth here, we need quality.

regoob2
11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
For the Bears, I would take out LT and put in DE.

J'Marcus Webb isn't good, but he has done a good job run blocking on the left side this year. Lance Louis has done a decent job at RT in place of Carimi. Worst case scenario, Webb doesn't improve by next year and Carimi is the LT with Louis at RT. Even then, if the rest of the line is shored up then the Bears can focus all their attention on helping Webb with a TE or RB. Of course that depends on Carimi' ability to hold up at RT.

Meanwhile at DE, the Bears have Peppers...and that's basically it. Idonije is a FA after the year and is over 30. Corey Wootton can't get healthy to show he's a worthwile starter on the opposite side. And Nick Reed and Mario Addison are UDFAs that aren't doing much this year.

In order, I would say the Bears needs are: WR, C, CB, DE, SLB, S. SS over FS, because Conte looks like a keeper at FS and Wright can play there also. But the Bears S are interchangeable so either S position would be fine.
LT can still be a need. As of right now it is. If Webb proves he can be an above average starter then Im fine with him but we still need depth at OT. DE is a huge need. It might be out biggest need.

TheSlinger
11-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars - WR, RT, DE, CB, (FS)

I expected to facepalm because nobody knows anything about the Jags, but wow this is right on. Depends somewhat on free agency though. CB is only a need if Mathis walks (I expect him to), FS is only a need if Lowery walks (I don't expect him to) - although Prosinski has looked good in limited time.

WR needs a x2 though.

nepg
11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Chiefs:
ILB: We all love Belcher, but an ILB like the ones that should be available in the first round in 2012 would be a huge upgrade for the entire defense.

LG: I don't know what's wrong with Lilja, but he's been playing like crap this year. Asamoah's been awesome on the other side.

TE: Even when Moeaki comes back next year, he's injury prone and the Chiefs need more talent at the position even if he wasn't. They're a team that is committed to running the ball. Good TEs are essential for being able to have an effective run-first offense.

RB: We love what Jackie Battle's brought to the team, but the Chiefs will need more quality depth when Charles comes back. They need someone they can rely on to block on passing downs and be an effective runner.

CW11
11-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Detroit Lions - LT, C, RG, (RT), RE, (MLB), WLB, CBx2

This is pretty dead on, especially the first three, which may well be in order of importance heading into the offseason. I think the two possible exclusions you list, RT and MLB, will not be addressed this offseason. Gosder Cherilus is playing a decent RT right now, and if Stephen Tulloch leaves in free agency, Deandre Levy will move back to MLB.

I don't think 2 CB's are on the need list - definitely a #1 CB, but the rest of that unit is fairly solid. Instead of the second CB, I would probably add a DE to replace Vanden Bosch when he retires. Other than those minor changes, that is a great list.

Matthew Jones
11-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Is this needs in no particular order or...?.

I didn't rank the needs, just listed them for people interested in making mock drafts, etc. I'd rank New England's needs as:

1. FS

2. DE

3. OLB

4. C

5. WR

6. CB

Matthew Jones
11-07-2011, 08:00 AM
The list has been updated to reflect the feedback from the topic!

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Tampas top needs:

1. CB (Tie)
1. RB (TIE)
2. SS
3. WR
4. C or LG
5. OLB
6. DT

CashmoneyDrew
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Titans in order in my humble opinion:
OG, OC, WLB, MLB, S, UT, DE, WR

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Titans in order in my humble opinion:
OG, OC, WLB, MLB, S, UT, DE, WR

My question to you is, how bad has Barrett Ruud been?

killxswitch
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Neat thread idea. Here's a Colts fan take.

#1, you can probably just say OL. Castonzo is a starter at OT. If the Colts get Kalil, Castonzo will probably move to RT but he would definitely still start. It is unclear where Ijalana will play but they traded up in the 2nd to get him so he will definitely start either at RT or at OG. Saturday needs to be replaced, this is his final year.

DT is a bigger need than DE. Freeney is solid still and if Mathis is not re-signed or franchised I think Jamal Anderson will do fine. Especially if we get a real coach and defensive scheme. The Colts have their 3 tech DT of the future in Drake Nevis but need a NT to eat blocks and protect the LBs.

One position you really missed is SS. We need a starter. Melvin Bullitt never was and never will be the guy.

The other might be less obvious but WR is a need. Wayne and Garcon are both in their final years of their contracts. Wayne will be 33 next year and hasn't exactly elevated his play. Garcon has stepped up more but has questionable hands. He would be cheaper though. Could really use a 6'3+ TD machine.

falloutboy14
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM

I posted this in the Mock Draft section yesterday
1) QB - Manning is old, and who knows what his future is. We're on-target for Luck so this should be obvious

2) NT - Drake Nevis has shown promise as a 3-tech. Sadly we have guys who should be backups starting at NT.

3) OG - With Castonzo and a hypothetical Ijalana(on IR) added last year, the tackle position is set. The RG position could use some massive help.

4) SS - Have been looking for a capable/healthy SS since Sanders became injury prone. Seems half the league wants a new SS so there's never any value.

5) OLB/DE Outside of Angerer at MLB we got nothing at LB. Freeney and Mathis are getting old, Mathis on the last year of his contract.
Regarding some of the positions you posted that I didn't:

LG - we got Joe Reitz in at LG now. He played well next to Castonzo when he was in. Not saying he's the answer, but LG isn't the massive hole it was either.

C - Saturday is obviously old. I've got a feeling Polian plans on Mike Pollak being the future at center. His play at RG certainly doesn't justify his being on the team. I've got a feeling soon they'll get a RG and give Pollak some time at center.

DT - Nevis has been the best Colts 3-tech in recent memory. Potentially the best inside guy since Manning's been around. I'd clarify this that we need a 1-tech guy.

CB - I'm not certain anymore if we're playing a crap scheme, or we've got crap CBs. Powers has been good, Kevin Thomas (2nd year guy from USC) just cracked the starting lineup. With proper coaching it could be a good pair. But I could be completely wrong too.

MaxV
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
WR might be a need for Colts as well, since both Garcon and Wayne are FAs.

Might as well put the whole team for the Colts, if Manning is finished.

keylime_5
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Browns list looks pretty good. I'd say QB is certainly a need though and OLB isn't a pressing need.

Halsey
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
The Falcons need a LT and DE. They're unlikely to get instant impact players at those positions when they finally get to pick, but those are still needs. Sam Baker is an average LT, at best. There's still nobody at DE that stands out as the answer as the long term replacement to Abraham. The Falcons have some young DEs who may convince the coaches they are fine at that position by year's end, but as of right now there's no starting quality end on the roster other than Abraham and Edwards.

Iamcanadian
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Is this needs in no particular order or...? I think you hit our needs, but as far as ranking them I'd say:

1. OLB
I can't remember the last time we had an efficient pass rush. Maybe in 2007 where Vrabel had 12.5 sacks, but that was probably more due to opposing teams playing from behind and thus being forced to throw more than they'd like. Even though there really aren't any true 3-4 OLB prospects that fit the BB mold this year it's still the top need for this defense imo. I say screw the BB mold, just find a player that know how to get to the QB!

2. DE
We can't get by with this patchwork DL that we've had the last couple of year. I miss the golden years with Warren - Wilfork - Seymour dominating opponents. I think BB misses that as well. If we can find a DT with a skill set that allows him to succeed in BBs scheme I don't care how much you have to give up, you go get him.

3. S
Our starting safeties besides Pat Chung this year: Sergio Brown, Josh Barrett and James Ihedigbo. Nuff said.

4. C
Koppen is most likely out in NE. He was becoming a liability, and even though his intelligence and leadership on the field will be missed it's time to move on. Connolly isn't the answer either. We need a big, athletic guy that can hold up against bigger NTs whilst still being able to pull.

5. WR
Ochocinco has been nothing short of atrocious and Taylor Price doesn't seem to be progressing. We need someone to stretch the field, preferably a big target.

6. CB
Bodden got cut and now we're back to starting Kyle Arrington again. He has looked OK, but is better suited for the slot. McCourty has regressed a lot this year, but I expect him to rebound. Dowling seems to be very prone to injury. We don't just need depth here, we need quality.

I agree that NE desperately needs an OLB who can be a dominating pass rusher.

It is almost like BB has fallen in love with trading back for next years picks. I think he needs to go after a strong draft by using his extra picks to move up in order to find defensive impact players. I'm questioning his overall stratagy year after year of settling for lower picks which has left him with a weak defense.

Iamcanadian
11-07-2011, 10:46 AM
You need to indicate at which positions each team has potential FA's, because in most cases these positions may be crucial positions of need.

Menardo75
11-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Niners should go CB,S,RG,WR,C

RaiderNation
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
You hit the right positions, not the correct order though. I'd say DT/DE, CB, RT, RG then OLB should be the order. Curry has played well at WLB for us

vidae
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Solid job for the Chiefs. In order:

1. QB
2. RT
3. ILB
4. DB / TE depth
4. RB

Pat Sims 90
11-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Bengals

1. #1 CB- Leon Hall has been getting beat quiet a bit by #1 WRs this year. Nate Clements is ok stop gap player but not great. Kelly Jennings is ok also but not great. Adam Jones is a FA and has been out most of the year if he shows something when put in then this becomes less of a need if they decided to keep him.

2. RB- Benson will more then likely be done in Cincy after this year and Scott and Leonard are no more then change of pace backs.

3. LG- Nate Livings is awful and gets beat a lot on the inside.

4. SS- Crocker is getting up there in years and is a liability in coverage.

5. FS- Nelson has been pretty good this year but the Bengals could still use a true playmaker out there.

6. WR- Caldwell and Simpson both FAs. I would personally put this need up higher because not a big fan of either but 1 will prolly stay and other will leave in FA.

Halsey
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
The Broncos should just bite the bullet and commit to Tebow through next season. They're obviously not going to get Andrew Luck. No matter what they do at QB, it's a gamble. There's no sure fire way the Broncos are going to find a franchise QB. Tebow is the guy the fans want and he deserves a chance to have the organization committed to him through the end of next year. They should focus on building around him. If it doesn't work, they'll have a chance to get a new starter in 2013.

Abaddon
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Raiders
1a. RG
1b. RT

Neither Bruce Campbell nor Joe Barkesdale have shown signs of being future starters. Carlisle and Barnes are aging and suspect. Palmer needs time to throw as he's not going to beat anyone with his legs. Also, the lack of push this unit gets in short yardage is beyond frustrating.

2. Running Back

McFadden is a stud when healthy. He's never played a full 16 game season and probably never will. Bush is a stud himself, but this is his walk year. I don't expect him back. Taiwan Jones' role is to be the speed element when McFadden goes down. There is currently no hedge against losing Bush. It is imperative that he either be retained or replaced by a bruiser with a knack for short yardage success.

3. D-Line

The DEs are a mess. Houston is a better DT than DE. Bryant is a much better DE than DT, though still not much of a pass rusher. Wimbley and Moss are purely nickel pass rushers. Shaugnessy is the only true 2-way DE on the team.

The team lacks a legit every down NT. A DE who can play the run as well as rush the passer is also a need. Other than Shags, Oakland's DEs can only do one or the other.

4. Depth Across the Board

When Darryl Blackstock is your backup MLB, you need another MLB.

When Matt Giordano is your backup FS, you need another FS.

The same issues arise at QB, FB, OLB, the entire O-line, CB, and TE.

There are honestly very few positions that can't be upgraded, be it the first or second string. And with so few draft picks to work with, position becomes almost irrelevant. BPA, even if it's a WR. It's not a stretch to say that guys like Chaz Schilens and Louis Murphy can be upgraded.

Chris
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Denver Broncos Needs

Immediate Need

QB -- Tebow isn't the answer. Luck would be ideal. Will likely win too many games to land him. Barkley is a legit possibility. Rumors are that the Broncos are interested in Griffin III, but I don't really understand. Would consider some seniors later on.

DT -- Don't have any difference makers. Immediate starter needed.

CB -- Champ is a legend. Outside of that we have some solid nickel and dime options, but not much starting potential. Goodman is overrated and old. Immediate starter needed.

Starting Challengers Needed

LB -- We don't know what we have with Nate Irving, but the Broncos should continue to build around Von Miller. DJ Williams can play out the remainder of his contract, but I'd consider upgrades at MIKE and WILL if possible. John Fox can be scheme diverse at LB.

DE -- Dumervil and Miller provide a tremendous pass rush, but Dumervil is a clear liability in the running game. The Broncos will never have an eilte defense if they do not get a better RE as a base run defender. Ayers has actually had a good year at LE. Not flashy, but extremely consistent.

I'd also add running back and offensive tackle to this list. I think Franklin needs to be kicked into OG. Quality DBs.

PossibleCabbage
11-07-2011, 05:11 PM
For the Packers it's important to split this up into tiers.

In terms of front line needs (i.e. players who you would expect to contribute as rookies), you pretty much nailed it as OLB and DE (5-technique). Both of those positions can use an upgrade, since OLBs Walden and Zombo, and DEs Wilson and Wynn are pretty average, while DL Pickett and Green are getting up there in age (Green won't be back next year). Neal might be a player, but they need more than one guy on the DL.

Depending on Collins's recovery, Safety may be a major need, but this is not a good safety class, and Ted Thompson will not reach for needs.

Second tier needs (i.e. guys whose ceiling as rookies are backups) are somewhat numerous. Matt Flynn is as good as gone after this year, and they could use a backup quarterback behind Rodgers (Graham Harrell is just not an NFL quarterback), and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take one as high as the second round. In the modern NFL you can never have enough cornerbacks, but the trope of "the Packers CBs are getting up there in age" really only applies to one guy right now You could possibly shift the need at S to a need at CB if you want to move Woodson to S. They're fairly set on the outside of the line with Newhouse, Bulaga, and Sherrod being a fairly good young, threesome at OT, but they don't have much depth in the interior OL. Grant is also gone after this year, so you might see them spend a late round pick on an RB.

So I would put the needs as: OLB, DE(5-tech), CB/S, then with QB, OG/OC, and RB a tier or two below.

But "need" is not a good way to understand how the Packers draft. They're pretty strict on a "best player available, as long as we can use him" philosophy.

coordinator0
11-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I can't say that all of the needs listed for Baltimore are entirely accurate. Here's what I'd suggest:

LT - Definitely a need. McKinnie really hasn't been good and he's not an option for the future anyways. I doubt Oher moves back to the left side as well.

LG - Possibly a need. There was quite a difference in having Grubbs and not having Grubbs the past few weeks. Even though we gave up 3 sacks to Harrison last night the OL played much better as a whole than they have in a while. Grubbs is a FA after this year though and we may not bring him back after paying Yanda this offseason.

C - Definitely a need. Birk is on his last legs as well as the last year of his contract. He's not getting a push in the run game at all anymore and he's not doing much in pass protection either.

ILB - Definitely a need. Not only should we be looking for Lewis' heir we should also be looking for somebody to play next to him while he's still active. McClain has been better this season but he's still not a good option to have.

OLB - Possibly a need. With Johnson being a free agent after this season I could see this being a need, but I would be very surprised if we didn't re-sign him. Under Pagano our pass-rush has been infinitely improved and we do have depth at the position now with Kruger finally coming along. Kindle could also be a factor here, but currently there isn't enough snaps for him and it doesn’t look like the staff wants to activate him for special teams duty (not that I blame them, it wouldn't be the smartest move considering the head injury he suffered).

S - Possibly a need. I get the notion of listing this as a need considering Reed's age/health concerns, but I don't think it's likely that we target this position high in the draft. It doesn't seem likely that Reed will be gone within the next year or two and I can't see us taking a FS to sit him on the bench for that period of time either. The SS spot is also strong for us with both Pollard and Zbikowski playing well (more so for Pollard, but Zbikowski was also injured for a stretch of time).

LE/5-tech. - Possibly a need. Redding is a free agent after this year but I'm not really worried about him coming back or not. McPhee has been a very pleasant surprise and Arthur Jones has also impressed after spending an offseason getting in shape. However I could see us taking somebody high at the position and keeping the two I mentioned above as quality rotational depth. Probably not a "true" 5-tech. but somewhat of a hybrid LE/5-tech.

I could see us also taking a WR, RB, and possibly CB if there's a good enough value available but I don't consider any of those positions a need. If I had to guess on an order it would be LT, C, and ILB as the definite top 3 and the rest of the order would have to depend on what happens with some of the players I mentioned. Good effort all around though, I'm sure this will be a nice resource for the mock draft guys.

WT01
11-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Seahawks also need a DE. Chris Clemons will be 31 next year and is a free agent in 2013. Raheem Brock is 33 and may end up retiring after this season. Red Bryant is a FA after the season and while they'll probably bring him back, he's had some injury issues and he's a run stuffer but not much of a pass rusher.

4U2NV
11-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Pretty accurate for the Dolphins. I would also add TE, OG, SS and CB.

In no particular order:

QB - Pretty obvious

WR - Ditto

TE - It would be nice to have this team realize that a quality TE is a big part of the modern NFL offence. Look at guys like Finley, Graham, Vernon Davis (albeit not this year) etc. Fasano is serviceable but he's not a legitimate weapon in the passing game.

RT - Vernon Carey is crap.

OG - So is Incognito and Columbo.

ILB - Dansby has been a bit of a disappointment.

FS - Culver, Jones and Clemons. 'Nuff said.

SS - I really like Bell but he'll be too old to really contribute once this team is ready to take the next step.

CB - If Vontae Davis' immaturity continues to be an issue he might not last past his rookie contract.

....man, that is depressing to look at. We suck.

OSUGiants17
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Giants(In This Order):
1. ILB- Been a need for years
2. TE- I <3 Ballard, but we could use another TE opposite him. A guy like Orson Charles who is a raw receiving TE would be nice or Colby Fleener.
3. OLB- Could use a legit OLB opposite of Boley, Kiwi isn't a natural OLB.
4. CB- If we don't resign Ross and Prince/T2 are still banged up next year
5. WR- Moves ahead of CB if Manningham walks and we don't bring back a guy like Steve Smith to replace him
6. RT- McKenzie is old
7. DT- I trust Canty, Joseph and Marvin Austin enough to not even look at DT till round 4 or 5.
8. DE- Unless Osi leaves then we look DE a little earlier just for depth
9. O-Line depth

Center isn't really a need since we just signed Baas this year, but if they feel his injury is serious enough then yeah it will be a need. The thing with the Giants though is need doesn't really matter to them, we love going BPA and dropping back in the draft if we feel we can't get good value. Obviously Luke Kuechly is the ideal pick since we need a MIKE bad and he has the BC connection, it's just a matter of if he is there when we pick and if the FO feels he is worth the pick we have.

Complex
11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
In this order for the Titans.

1.C
2.MLB
3.OG
4.Pass rusher
5.DT
6.OLB
7.S

stl9erfan
11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Strongly disagree for the Niners. I would rank it more like: CB, FS, WR, OLB... after that, it's pretty much just a question of where do you want to build depth. No other position is really crying out for an impact addition, IMO (other than QB, but I'm assuming they're going to give Kaepernick a crack at the starting job once he's ready).

Generally speaking, I'm reading a lot of posts suggesting the Niners need to build in the trenches, and I'm just not sure where that is coming from. The offensive line is pretty set for the next few years with young players continuing to grow and making good strides this year. Let the OL continue to gel and learn and they'll be fine-- better than fine, I think they'll be one of the stronger lines in the league, if they're not there already. As for the DL, you'd be hard pressed to find a better 3-man front than Justin Smith, Isaac Sopoaga, and Ray McDonald. All three are playing above average to excellent football. Long story short, it's possible the Niners would be looking to add depth to these areas, but I don't think they're looking to add starters anytime soon.

gpngc
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Seahawks also need a DE. Chris Clemons will be 31 next year and is a free agent in 2013. Raheem Brock is 33 and may end up retiring after this season. Red Bryant is a FA after the season and while they'll probably bring him back, he's had some injury issues and he's a run stuffer but not much of a pass rusher.

Seahawks
1 - QB
2 - CB (probably need 2)
3 - RB (if Lynch isn't re-signed)
4 - DE
5 - MLB (if Hawthorne isn't re-signed)
6 - DT depth
7 - OL depth (LT, LG, C have all had injury issues)

gpngc
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Jets
1 - DE
2 - LG
3 - OLB
4 - WR
5 - S
6 - NT (only if Pouha isn't re-signed, which he likely will be)
7 - ILB (Bart Scott's future replacement - not an immediate need though for a team contending now)
8 - OL depth

They won't draft a RT high because they signed Hunter to a pretty big deal. He's been better of late.

And I guarantee they draft a TE at some point (probably a strong blocker).

gpngc
11-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Giants(In This Order):
2. TE- I <3 Ballard, but we could use another TE opposite him. A guy like Orson Charles who is a raw receiving TE would be nice or Colby Fleener.
5. WR- Moves ahead of CB if Manningham walks and we don't bring back a guy like Steve Smith to replace him
6. RT- McKenzie is old
7. DT- I trust Canty, Joseph and Marvin Austin enough to not even look at DT till round 4 or 5.
9. O-Line depth

Center isn't really a need since we just signed Baas this year, but if they feel his injury is serious enough then yeah it will be a need. The thing with the Giants though is need doesn't really matter to them, we love going BPA and dropping back in the draft if we feel we can't get good value. Obviously Luke Kuechly is the ideal pick since we need a MIKE bad and he has the BC connection, it's just a matter of if he is there when we pick and if the FO feels he is worth the pick we have.

The Giants are a ******** team because their GM doesn't draft like an idiot. So they don't have any pressing needs and are always good. So I'll just stamp this list with my approval.

I just wanted to use this post to illustrate how good Jerry Reese really is. In this needs list, the #2 item starts off with "I love current starter." **** you, Giants. **** you.

And Packers fans can't write in this thread, come on.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-07-2011, 08:15 PM
OLB is a no go for ATL. Sean Weatherspoon is one of the best, and Stephen Nicholas is solid.

And you are missing LT as a need. Baker is a bad LT.

fenikz
11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Arizona Cardinals
1. LT
2. RT
3. CB
4. 3-4 OLB
5. FS
6. WR

HakeemtheMachine
11-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Giants(In This Order):
6. RT- McKenzie is old
9. O-Line depth

GIants are a hard team to predict and people can see differnt things as needs because there really arent glaring ones Id say Oline
is the top need.

1. Oline- I think Diehl may be cut or he will be replaced after the 2012 season. The Giants could draft a Guard or they could draft a center and slide Baas to Guard.They could also go tackle as well with Mckenze becoming a free agent.I guy like Kelechi Osmelie or Brandon Washington that could play OT or Guard is a good fit.

2. CB- Thomas is coming off an ACL inury and he has been an injury prone player going back to his days at USC, he is also a FA. Ross is also a FA. A lot of the depth is injured as well and are FA's.

3.TE- Ballard has emerged as a legtimate starting TE but another body is needed . The depth is shakey. Im not sure if a receiving TE is the best way to go because I dont know if he would see the field but is certanily a possiblity . I guy like George Bryan of NC State makes more sense to me.

4. ILB- A like the bodies the Giants have gathered on the outside but I guy who could play the Sam or MLB would be nice. Jerry Franklin could be a good idea for the Giants.Goff is a FA and coming off an injury

5.Safety- Grants play has been less then Stellar and Sash is a bit of an unknown. A versatile safety that can be a jack of all trades master of none would be a nice grab for the Giants in the middle rounds.

6.DT-Austin injury puts a cloud at this spot. Linval and Canty has been solid and Bernard has played well also. Marvin has not played in now 2 years. High probability of busting