PDA

View Full Version : T.O is broke

Complex
11-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Terrell Owens' financial situation is so dire, he filed papers in three separate child support cases to have his payments lowered ... because he makes ZERO DOLLARS ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

As TMZ first reported, a bench warrant was issued for T.O.'s arrest after he missed a court date with one baby mama ... to whom he's trying to lower child support payments.

Turns out ... T.O. has three OTHER baby mamas and over the past few months he's filed to have his payments reduced with two of them (and, according to his rep, he plans to file for a modification of support for the third).

For those of you counting at home, here's the scorecard ...

Baby Mama #1, Monique Reynolds
T.O. and Monique have an 11-year-old son together. According to the papers, he paid $20,000/month in support until last year, when it was reduced to $11,202. He also gave her $100,000 to buy a house.

Baby Mama #2, Kimberly Floyd
They share a 7-year-old daughter, for whom TO was ordered to pay $20,000/month for back in 2005. In 2008, they agreed to drop that to $15,000.

Baby Mama #3, Samelia Miller
Miller gave birth to a son back in 2006. He was ordered to pay $13,400/month in support.

Baby Mama #4, Melanie Paige Smith
T.O. was ordered to pay $5,000/month for their daughter back in 2007. This is the only case where T.O. has not yet requested a reduction ... though his rep says he plans to ask for a modification.

In each of the cases where T.O. is requesting a reduction in child support payments, he says in his declaration, "My currently monthly income is zero ($0)."

In the papers, T.O. also claims to pay $62,366/month for various properties and says his home in Georgia is in foreclosure. He says he put all but two of his homes up for sale.

A rep for T.O. tells TMZ, "He has tried to keep paying all of these mothers what they were used to year after year, basically putting himself into a financial crisis. He has always paid his child support payments and loves his kids."

The rep says each modification case is still ongoing.

Source (http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/07/terrell-owens-child-support/)

Cromartie needs to read this

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Cromartie can't read

jrdrylie
11-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Who cares? You don't want to pay $535K per year in child support? Buy a condom or keep your dick in your pants. You have to be a complete idiot to blow through as much money he made in his career. You are an even bigger idiot if you do it within a year of getting your last pay check.

MaxV
11-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Doesn't he have a reality TV show? Or had one?

bantx
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Child support **** is outrageous a kid does not need 20k a month of necessities that's one thing that annoys me the most.

Prowler
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I wonder what Travis Henry is doing right now? Working 7 jobs?

jrdrylie
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Child support **** is outrageous a kid does not need 20k a month of necessities that's one thing that annoys me the most.

The problem is that child support is based not on how much the kid costs but on how much the dad makes. Now that TO is done with football, he should be able to get those payments substantially reduced.

Ness
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
If I was an NFL player I'd definitely make sure I'm using protection. Having four kids with four different mothers is pretty ridiculous though. Not to mention, pretty stupid. I bet those "mothers" are living the high life and out partying with other dudes have more kids probably.

bantx
11-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I bet none of those mothers worked

ShutDwn
Financial advisors would be far more beneficial in the long run to players than their agents.

I also wonder how much of those massive child support payments are actually going to the kids/into savings accounts. Seriously, those kids could all go to college from those support payments. Will they? That depends on how the good the moms are.

Caddy
If I was a pro athlete I'd stock up big time on condoms and the morning after pill. Both would be compulsory for the lovely lady.

vidae
11-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't feel sorry for TO at all. What an idiot.

bantx
11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I bet they eat steak and lobster every night for dinner

bucfan12
11-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't feel bad for any of these athletes with multiple kids with different women. Wear a condom or pull out.

soybean
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
To be completely honest, I'm a bit shocked... not that he's broke but I always secretly thought he was batting for the other team.

Ness
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Remember when Terrell Owens thought Jeff Garcia was ***?

Prowler
11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
well TO's logic is a bit shaky when he thinks someone dating this is *** http://miasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Carmella-Decesare-Garcia-2.jpg

**sorry, married and fully consummated with**

WCH
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Financial advisors would be far more beneficial in the long run to players than their agents.

I also wonder how much of those massive child support payments are actually going to the kids/into savings accounts. Seriously, those kids could all go to college from those support payments. Will they? That depends on how the good the moms are.

If I were an agent, I would include an outside financial advisor in my general package that I offered to clients as part of my sales pitch. "Sign with me and I'll send you to the IMG Academy in lovely Bradenton, Florida; and I'll also put you in touch with a top financial advisor, so that after you're drafted you will never have to worry about money ever again."

Also, if I were TO or one of these other guys, I'd try to swing a deal with the mother(s) to have a significant portion of the monthly payments put in a trust fund for my children.

MetSox17
11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
We had a huge discussion about this in the last thread about child support payments.

I feel for TO, but these athletes are idiots if they keep having kids out of wedlock. How have they not learned? Don't keep an entourage, and don't **** without a condom. You get to keep your money that way.

AHungryWalrus
11-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I bet none of those mothers worked

I bet those "mothers" are living the high life and out partying with other dudes have more kids probably.

I love how we are bashing these mothers who we know absolutely nothing about.

NBD.

bantx
11-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Are you a woman Ahungrywalus?

WCH
11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
How have they not learned? Don't keep an entourage, and don't **** without a condom. You get to keep your money that way.

These guys are incredible idiots because they don't have enough life experience to figure out that this money isn't going to keep coming in forever, so they should probably save some of it. Really, most of these guys come into the NFL as arrogant 23 year olds who don't know what failure feels like. They're stupid.

People who come from "old money" actually teach their kids how to not go broke when they get their money. Things like how live off of the interest, or even the interest-on-the-interest. The vast majority of NFL players never get that guidance, so they buy a $50,000 car and take out two $500,000 mortgages with their first contract.

iowatreat54
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
These guys are incredible idiots because they don't have enough life experience to figure out that this money isn't going to keep coming in forever, so they should probably save some of it. Really, most of these guys come into the NFL as arrogant 23 year olds who don't know what failure feels like. They're stupid.

I just turned 25, make like 5% of a guy on the practice squad, and invested in an IRA and 401k as soon as I could.

I feel old. :(

Also, TO is an idiot. Really, 3 kids within like 3 years? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the first (outside these 3) and then chalk the 2nd (first of these 3) up to **** happens...but to then go twice more in the next 2 years? You deserve it buddy.

Splat
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm also broke if anyone wants to start a thread.

Ness
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I love how we are bashing these mothers who we know absolutely nothing about.

Yes I thought someone might say that. Honestly I should take issue with the system instead of the people benefiting from it.

Is child support and the way it's handled like it is with Owens and his current income the same across every single state?

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
$20,000 a month for one kid? That's ridiculous, my dad gave my mother like 300 dollars a month (granted she gets paid relatively the same as him and neither make nfl player type of money).

descendency
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
getting her on the pill: $600/year/woman (4 women = $2400/year)
getting 4 women pregnant as an NFL player: $535k/year

Obviously, TO's degree wasn't in financial management.

MetSox17
11-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes I thought someone might say that. Honestly I should take issue with the system instead of the people benefiting from it.

Is child support and the way it's handled like it is with Owens and his current income the same across every single state?

Yes. As much as it blows, it is not a capped rate, therefore your child support is completely dependent on your earnings. These guys make a ton of money early, so they take a huge chunk of that. States differ in the percentage that they take, but it is all a percentage of your monthly/annual income.

draftguru151
11-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm so gonna get knocked up by an athlete.

CC.SD
11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
lol. Is it racist or just true...

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/CCSDphotos_2008/IsItRacist.jpg

Cromartie can't read

Thanks guys

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x152/blondechicatomax/funny-gifs-very-excited.gif

Ness
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm so gonna get knocked up by an athlete.

I'm wondering how many women get pregnant in purpose just so this happens.

Question, how is the man forced to pay child support? Is it as simple as a woman getting pregnant and if she decides she wants to keep the child or whatever, the guy has to pay child support? What if the man also wants custody? Can't a woman have a child on purpose, decide she wants to break up with the guy and then go to court and demand child support?

wogitalia
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I feel for TO, but these athletes are idiots if they keep having kids out of wedlock.

You say that like doing it in wedlock makes a shred of difference. All that means is that when the woman decides she wants money she doesn't just get child support, she takes half your **** as well and her own share of "support". Realistically it is more cost effective to do it out of wedlock, even with the ridiculous uncapped payments that the women get, sorry I mean children...

MetSox17
11-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm wondering how many women get pregnant in purpose just so this happens.

Question, how is the man forced to pay child support? Is it as simple as a woman getting pregnant and if she decides she wants to keep the child or whatever, the guy has to pay child support? What if the man also wants custody? Can't a woman have a child on purpose, decide she wants to break up with the guy and then go to court and demand child support?

Well, the idea behind it is as simple as you just stated. Once your semen goes into the vagina, what happens after that is completely up to the woman. If she decides to have the child, first she has to prove paternity. She files papers through the court to subpoena you at a paternity hearing. If paternity is proven, she then motions for full-custody, because that's where the big child support check comes from. As a father, you're entitled to fight for custody, but it's an uphill battle, and short of her being a crackwhore (and you proving she's a crackwhore), the woman will win out 9.5/10, simply because she is the mother, and family judges will very rarely separate a child from their mother.

The payments are basically to substitute the lack of a father figure in the child's life (as ****** up as that is). The more time you spend with the children, the less you can negotiate your payments to be. Since these guys just scatter children all over the place, the judge hits them as hard as they can. It isn't until they stop making money that they realize how bad they're ******.

It's an absolutely broken system, but these guys should know that by now. There's examples time, and time and time again.

MetSox17
11-07-2011, 08:47 PM
You say that like doing it in wedlock makes a shred of difference. All that means is that when the woman decides she wants money she doesn't just get child support, she takes half your **** as well and her own share of "support". Realistically it is more cost effective to do it out of wedlock, even with the ridiculous uncapped payments that the women get, sorry I mean children...

You have no idea how the justice system works if you're thinking of it as just a cost effective measure. If you're married and your wife just decides to up and leave, that's fine. At that point you have the edge in keeping custody of your children, as the burden will now move to her to prove that you're both an unfit husband and parent. Spousal support is only given after a certain amount of years of marriage (it varies by state) and even then it is only a small amount as compared to child support. The spouse isn't entitled to a damn thing if she married and filed for divorce a year later. It doesn't work like that.

Besides, there's a growing amount of athletes learning to sign pre-nuptual agreements to keep them from getting reamed should they divorce. These guys are completely uneducated sometimes, and it doesn't help that the majority of the people they keep around as "friends" are just filthy, greedy enablers.

nepg
11-07-2011, 09:02 PM
The kids thing... Child support is outrageous. There's no argument that can be made to dispute that.

But his other financial decisions have been absolute dog crap. If you make that much money each year, why the **** are you making PAYMENTS on ANYTHING? You can afford to buy it outright and you know your income could cease at any moment. I feel bad for him with the child support, but he seems to have a long string of horrible financial decisions.

A professional athlete of his stature just should not have these problems. He's made insane amounts of money throughout his career from his salaries and bonuses as well as his endorsements. When you're at that level, your expenses are zilch.

Want a car? Do a promo for a local car lot. Want food? Get an endorsement deal with a nutrition company (instant free food at the very least) or work a deal with a local restaurant to get your meals comped for showing up. There's no end to this theme. You have a ridiculous income and your expenses include taxes (you bought your house(s) with cash and got a great deal) and utility bills. The rest goes towards retirement, investments, kids' private school & college fund (if they don't get scholarships...which they will), and vacations. There is so much excess there...

I mean, it's nearly impossible to **** up that badly when you're at TO's level of fame, fortune, and status.

He always seemed like a fairly moderate guy to me, too. I'm pretty surprised at this, to be honest.

Borat
11-07-2011, 09:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Someone get T.O. a fleshlight.

wogitalia
11-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I dare say given the US legal system it varies from state to state, but in Australia you don't even have to be married and it is only 6 months before a partner is entitled to 50%, I dare say it is somewhat similar in the US(majority of states anyway) and given how few people know to sign a pre-nup how many do you think force their partner to sign a cohabitation agreement? I'm going to go with an incredibly small amount.

Quite simply for the income earning partner marriage/general partnership is going to cost as much, if not more than an out of wedlock child support will. Consider that you must support them whilst you are together(if you don't then you have no chance at all in court), so that right away is going to be more than the child support instantly in that period, then after the divorce separation she is entitled to at least half of your wealth(generally) and you are well behind the 8 ball. Given the child support is likely to be similar anyway and the spousal support only exists in this situation, it is very rare that you end up ahead financially.

Basically it's a lose/lose for the father, unless you have extreme circumstances, such as your aforementioned crackhead mother.

Again, can't speak for the USA I can only base it on the place I know but our legal systems are not that different, especially compared to states like California, that it could possibly be that much of a difference to make a child in wedlock any more economically sensible than a child out of wedlock.

MetSox17
11-07-2011, 09:18 PM
The thing is, these guys are taught to make payments because they have a steady influx in cash. When banks lend money to millionnaires, they charge them tiny amounts in interest. Why pay $2m cash for a home, when you can put 100k down, and invest elsewhere, where you'll bring in 6-7% return, while only paying 2-3% interest on a mortgage. It makes complete sense to make payments when you have good credit, it allows you to invest. The problem comes when these guys take the other $1.8 and buy a Ferrari instead, or hit the club and drop 10k on bottle service for you and 20 of your not so close friends. These guys are idiots, but they're generous idiots. That's where they really get hit. They start paying cell phone bills, credit cards, lavish weekends.. it all adds up.

MetSox17
11-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I dare say given the US legal system it varies from state to state, but in Australia you don't even have to be married and it is only 6 months before a partner is entitled to 50%, I dare say it is somewhat similar in the US(majority of states anyway) and given how few people know to sign a pre-nup how many do you think force their partner to sign a cohabitation agreement? I'm going to go with an incredibly small amount.

Quite simply for the income earning partner marriage/general partnership is going to cost as much, if not more than an out of wedlock child support will. Consider that you must support them whilst you are together(if you don't then you have no chance at all in court), so that right away is going to be more than the child support instantly in that period, then after the divorce separation she is entitled to at least half of your wealth(generally) and you are well behind the 8 ball. Given the child support is likely to be similar anyway and the spousal support only exists in this situation, it is very rare that you end up ahead financially.

Basically it's a lose/lose for the father, unless you have extreme circumstances, such as your aforementioned crackhead mother.

Again, can't speak for the USA I can only base it on the place I know but our legal systems are not that different, especially compared to states like California, that it could possibly be that much of a difference to make a child in wedlock any more economically sensible than a child out of wedlock.

In the US it is not like that at all. It is done on a case by case basis, and spousal support and the distribution of wealth is awarded by what is deserved. It isn't as cut and dry as marrying someone and automatically you're entitled to everything they own. They're only entitled to what was earned in the time that you were married. Short marriages are usually the easiest to judge. When you're rich, and you're divorcing after 20+ years of marriage, you better get ready for a long and expensive proceeding. Just ask Frank McCourt.

bam bam
11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Who cares? You don't want to pay $535K per year in child support? Buy a condom or keep your dick in your pants. You have to be a complete idiot to blow through as much money he made in his career. You are an even bigger idiot if you do it within a year of getting your last pay check.

And you have to be an absolute monster idiot to try and justify those child support figures, and to defend such high level expropriation as if it is moral and decent law.

Rabscuttle
11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm still not on board with the entire concept of T.O. being straight for this story to have truth. When has any man with that much self body worship ever been straight? Isn't Gold's just a *** club without a disco ball?

nepg
11-07-2011, 10:07 PM
The thing is, these guys are taught to make payments because they have a steady influx in cash. When banks lend money to millionnaires, they charge them tiny amounts in interest. Why pay $2m cash for a home, when you can put 100k down, and invest elsewhere, where you'll bring in 6-7% return, while only paying 2-3% interest on a mortgage. It makes complete sense to make payments when you have good credit, it allows you to invest. The problem comes when these guys take the other $1.8 and buy a Ferrari instead, or hit the club and drop 10k on bottle service for you and 20 of your not so close friends. These guys are idiots, but they're generous idiots. That's where they really get hit. They start paying cell phone bills, credit cards, lavish weekends.. it all adds up.
There is no steady income, though. It's a complete risk.

The average NFL player makes $1.9 million with the average career being 3.5 years and the average signing bonus is something like $1.3 million. So the average NFL career brings in about $8 million.

Unless a player already has a family going, his first year should be spent renting a condo ($1-2k/mo depending on the city), driving a $25k Honda, and saving everything else that doesn't pay bills, clothes ($100-200 pants, not $1000 pants) and food. If the guy has a family, rent a house ($2-3k/mo, not $20-30k/mo) the first year if your family is coming with you right away. Probably a $75k in vehicles if they don't already have at least one reliable one.

First year, single player's budget should be in the $60-70k range, all things considered (new car, wardrobe, fresh condo) with the rest of his earnings being invested or just flat-out saved (which should also be considered an investment). Probably mix in a vacation in the off-season. Barely puts a dent in his signing bonus with his expenses. Second year, either buy a house or condo (~$300-450k cash) - or don't - and continue the plan. Before taxes, you're talking about $4.5 million living on the high end of that budget. Pretty much can live off the interest and investment returns forever at that point. And there's still 1.5 years of pay (nearly $3 million) left for the average NFL player.

This doesn't even factor in smart moves like subletting the condo during the season or the fact that the player has virtually zero personal expenses during the season (June-February).

AHungryWalrus
11-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Are you a woman Ahungrywalus?

Yepp. And I had a kid with TO, and I'm not making a tenth of what those biatches be pullin in.

Or else I'm pointing out the absurdity of saying something negative about a person you honestly didn't know existed until you read that post, and even after that, only knew her name and that she was a mother.

How DARE she.

nobodyinparticular
11-07-2011, 11:34 PM

People who come from "old money" actually teach their kids how to not go broke when they get their money. Things like how live off of the interest, or even the interest-on-the-interest. The vast majority of NFL players never get that guidance, so they buy a $50,000 car and take out two $500,000 mortgages with their first contract.

You're telling me the United States is not littered with trust fund babies who squandered their parents' savings away and then some? I think it has to do with upbringing and the money/sacrifice quotient. The truth is you cherish something that you sacrifice something for. When players are gift-wrapped $60 million contracts based on 20 games in the NCAA (which were also free by the way), it is difficult to value that kind of money.

And then, of course, people are just stupid.

And finally, the whole concept of money in America is based upon living up to one's means which is especially idiotic when you consider the volatile career of a sports star.

nobodyinparticular
11-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Yepp. And I had a kid with TO, and I'm not making a tenth of what those biatches be pullin in.

Or else I'm pointing out the absurdity of saying something negative about a person you honestly didn't know existed until you read that post, and even after that, only knew her name and that she was a mother.

How DARE she.

You know what? Yes. I will say, how DARE she. When I am working 60 hours a week in a high stress job, putting in another 20 hours a week in homework for my degree and putting in 15-ish hours in volunteer work and get paid ANNUALLY what these ladies are bringing in, I have the right to say how DARE she.

Raiderz4Life
11-07-2011, 11:43 PM
You know what? Yes. I will say, how DARE she. When I am working 60 hours a week in a high stress job, putting in another 20 hours a week in homework for my degree and putting in 15-ish hours in volunteer work and get paid ANNUALLY what these ladies are bringing in, I have the right to say how DARE she.

-_- I feel you on all that minus the 15 hours of volunteer work. I spend my free time either doing HW or not a gtdamn thing but watching football and sleeping.

AHungryWalrus
11-07-2011, 11:52 PM

So, let me get this straight.

She had this kid SOLELY to make money? You can tell me that for certain? Or are you simply speculating on a case where you have no idea what happened?

I'm not saying it's not the case. But we have absolutely NO idea what happened, or what's going on with these women. So the fact that people are bashing them and calling them money grubbing whores leads me to believe they were not hugged enough by their own mothers.

Once again. All we know about them is that they had a child. Which, you know, your mothers, and the mothers of your children will do. Those whores.

wogitalia
11-08-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm not saying it's not the case. But we have absolutely NO idea what happened, or what's going on with these women.

Actually we know they had sex with an athlete, then went through the court system(or similar) to prove that said athlete was the father, then to demand an extortionate amount of child support. When you go through that process you open yourself up to some criticism that is not beyond fair.

On top of which, it's not like babies just accidentally happen, these women had unprotected sex, whilst they were knowingly ovulating, then did not take any precaution after it(morning after pill). Then further to that chose not to have an abortion.

So basically we have option a, this woman tried to get pregnant from a professional athlete, or TO has some super potent miracle sperm that can overcome a condom, the morning after pill, a non-ovulating woman and an abortion and still come out kicking strongly, in which case he shouldn't have to pay at all because these are all miracle babies.

Basically I'm going with a strong lean on option a, that these women knowingly got pregnant and then pumped out their little cash cow and have milked said cow for all it's worth.

Quite frankly, credit to them, if I could do the same I would... Just like you have to respect the hell out of a gold digger because don't tell me you wouldn't do it if you could.

nobodyinparticular
11-08-2011, 12:46 AM
So, let me get this straight.

She had this kid SOLELY to make money? You can tell me that for certain? Or are you simply speculating on a case where you have no idea what happened?

I'm not saying it's not the case. But we have absolutely NO idea what happened, or what's going on with these women. So the fact that people are bashing them and calling them money grubbing whores leads me to believe they were not hugged enough by their own mothers.

Once again. All we know about them is that they had a child. Which, you know, your mothers, and the mothers of your children will do. Those whores.

No. In no place did I ever say this person is a gold digger who had the kid for money. What is ridiculous is that this person is taking $20k per MONTH from a dude who isn't even receiving income when I bring home that much per YEAR.

Caddy
11-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Regardless of the exorbitant child support $$$, TO is still a god damn moron and deserves everything he is getting. Sure accidents happen and sometimes someone might get pregnant accidentally, but when you do it four times you are just proving to everyone how bone headed you are.

descendency
11-08-2011, 01:05 AM
His name is T-(Zer)O.

Abaddon
11-08-2011, 02:12 AM
They warn guys every year at the Rookie Symposium about predatory women trying to cash in on pro athlete semen. Some people choose not to listen.

As for the child support, that (and custody laws in general) is one of the great shining examples of how inexcusably stupid the legal system in this country is.

Ness
11-08-2011, 03:50 AM

This is why I believe in prenuptial agreements.

Ness
11-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Well, the idea behind it is as simple as you just stated. Once your semen goes into the vagina, what happens after that is completely up to the woman. If she decides to have the child, first she has to prove paternity. She files papers through the court to subpoena you at a paternity hearing. If paternity is proven, she then motions for full-custody, because that's where the big child support check comes from. As a father, you're entitled to fight for custody, but it's an uphill battle, and short of her being a crackwhore (and you proving she's a crackwhore), the woman will win out 9.5/10, simply because she is the mother, and family judges will very rarely separate a child from their mother.

The payments are basically to substitute the lack of a father figure in the child's life (as ****** up as that is). The more time you spend with the children, the less you can negotiate your payments to be. Since these guys just scatter children all over the place, the judge hits them as hard as they can. It isn't until they stop making money that they realize how bad they're ******.

It's an absolutely broken system, but these guys should know that by now. There's examples time, and time and time again.

That sounds like the most screwed up part. Just because she's a mother she gets the kid? That's so stupid.

SolidGold
11-08-2011, 06:46 AM

phlysac
11-08-2011, 07:37 AM
It's interesting that one of these women is a professional celebrity makeup artist who, almost certainly demands a six-figure income. Yet she still recives nearly $15,000/month from T.O.

Smooth Criminal
11-08-2011, 07:44 AM
In child support it doesn't matter what the mother makes. The amount provided is based on the father's salary because the laws determine that the child is entitled to the life their father can afford to provide them.

Once T.O retires and changes his income to zero, these mothers will get significantly less. So I don't have a problem with them cleaning up right now.

nepg
11-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Karma? TO's a personality in the NFL, but he's no social deviant. He's a really good actual person from all accounts. Never been in trouble, never hurt anyone, etc.

SolidGold
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
He was a headache for any organization he has been with. He is a me first egotistical prick. He never hesitated to throw teammates under the bus (Mcnabb and insinuating Jeff Garcia was ***) and was a catalyst for locker room riffs.

I guess him knocking up four different women is ok though, makes him a very good responsible person. At least in this case the public won't have to cover the bill for the four children that won't get to have a stable father figure in their lives. But yea, he's a good person.

AHungryWalrus
11-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Actually we know they had sex with an athlete, then went through the court system(or similar) to prove that said athlete was the father, then to demand an extortionate amount of child support. When you go through that process you open yourself up to some criticism that is not beyond fair.

On top of which, it's not like babies just accidentally happen, these women had unprotected sex, whilst they were knowingly ovulating, then did not take any precaution after it(morning after pill). Then further to that chose not to have an abortion.

So basically we have option a, this woman tried to get pregnant from a professional athlete, or TO has some super potent miracle sperm that can overcome a condom, the morning after pill, a non-ovulating woman and an abortion and still come out kicking strongly, in which case he shouldn't have to pay at all because these are all miracle babies.

Basically I'm going with a strong lean on option a, that these women knowingly got pregnant and then pumped out their little cash cow and have milked said cow for all it's worth.

Quite frankly, credit to them, if I could do the same I would... Just like you have to respect the hell out of a gold digger because don't tell me you wouldn't do it if you could.

So, wait.

There's no chance TO was in a legitimate relationship with ANY of these women?

For arguments sake, consider this hypothetical situation:

TO was dating woman A for a year or so. They decide to have a baby. TO then cheats on woman A with woman B, which produces another child.

Now, is it entirely unreasonable for woman A to be pissed and go for TO's balls in court?

Clearly, not saying this DID happen, but honestly, I have NO idea what did. And unless people are hanging with TO or these women, neither do they. So to blatantly call them out as useless members of society seems a little... off.

bantx
11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
He was a headache for any organization he has been with. He is a me first egotistical prick. He never hesitated to throw teammates under the bus (Mcnabb and insinuating Jeff Garcia was ***) and was a catalyst for locker room riffs.

I guess him knocking up four different women is ok though, makes him a very good responsible person. At least in this case the public won't have to cover the bill for the four children that won't get to have a stable father figure in their lives. But yea, he's a good person.

He's never missed a child support payment and payed it without question until now how is that not responsible. You've never heard of him being in trouble outside of football, but he deserves karma because he was egotistical, right...

FuzzyGopher
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Sucks he isn't as proficient at suicide as he is at making babies. The guy is prolific when it comes to creating life but a disaster when it comes to ending it.
Video relevant to thread btw.

QH2-TGUlwu4

SolidGold
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
He's never missed a child support payment and payed it without question until now how is that not responsible. You've never heard of him being in trouble outside of football, but he deserves karma because he was egotistical, right...

So it's responsible to have 4 kids with four different women?

phlysac
11-08-2011, 03:50 PM
So it's responsible to have 4 kids with four different women?

Not any less responsible than having 4 kids with ONE woman when you can't afford the first kid.

wogitalia
11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Now, is it entirely unreasonable for woman A to be pissed and go for TO's balls in court?

Still doesn't say much for the mother if she is using the child to attack the father.

Still doesn't change that these women have all gone through court to get as much money out of TO as possible.

Hey if it comes out that these women are still working and that all the money they have made from parting their legs is in fact going into a trust fund for the kids I'll be the first to apologise and say I'm wrong.

We don't know everything, you are right, but it's fair to assume that none of these were babies that TO planned, otherwise there would be some evidence that he had given an attempt to raise the child rather than just having court ordered payments to make.

None of this changes the fact that he is an idiot for doing it and I guess these women deserve credit for taking advantage of his stupidity, still doesn't make what they've done right. Any time you bring a baby into the world to make money I question the environment that kid is coming into and whether it really was a good idea, but unfortunately it's all about the Benjamins.

JordanTaber
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
The whole "out of wedlock" concept has always been funny to me.

51% of marriages end in divorce. So what if the man is married, has 3-4 kids, and then they wind up divorcing, which there is a better chance of happening than not? Now it's OK, even though the end result is still "father isn't as much in their lives as he should be?"

Anyway, 3 of these 4 kids have already been put through college by Owens's money alone if the mothers didn't blow it on dresses and shoes.

MetSox17
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm trying to remember what the title of the last thread we were discussing this was..

wogitalia
11-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Going out on a limb, but the Antonio Cromartie blasting the player union for not getting a deal done thread would have to be a very strong chance?

MetSox17
11-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I remember now. It was the Chris McCallister living with his parents thread.

Ness
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I'd be really scared to have sex with a girl you meet from the club if you're an NFL player. I mean I guess you should be responsible and just use a condom everything should be okay. But I'd keep thinking that they'd deliberately try to trick me into getting her knocked up.

MetSox17
11-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I'd be really scared to have sex with a girl you meet from the club if you're an NFL player. I mean I guess you should be responsible and just use a condom everything should be okay. But I'd keep thinking that they'd deliberately try to trick me into getting her knocked up.

That's exactly the case with most women these guys meet, they just don't learn, or are too god damn stupid and arrogant, that they think they're just such hot ****, instead of them realizing that the women just see dollar signs.

They teach these guys, and veterans are usually pretty vocal about being careful as well. But the huge majority of these guys are young, irresponsible and have never had the money to do pretty much whatever the hell they wanted. They don't fully understand the repercussions of their actions now.

Ness
11-09-2011, 12:17 AM
That's exactly the case with most women these guys meet, they just don't learn, or are too god damn stupid and arrogant, that they think they're just such hot ****, instead of them realizing that the women just see dollar signs.

They teach these guys, and veterans are usually pretty vocal about being careful as well. But the huge majority of these guys are young, irresponsible and have never had the money to do pretty much whatever the hell they wanted. They don't fully understand the repercussions of their actions now.

Yeah and unfortunately I think it's not even surprising. You give someone that has probably come from a bad neighborhood or had a hard time growing up and suddenly given them a bunch of money...that isn't going to go well. The rookie symposium is great though. At least they're trying.

MetSox17
11-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Yep, and there's a reason it's mandatory. You think the NFL likes to be associated with players that are declaring for bankruptcy so close to their last game played? This makes the league look bad, especially when you take into consideration just how much some of these guys earn over the life of their careers.

wogitalia
11-09-2011, 12:23 AM

I'd absolutely only be using my own condom and be putting it on myself, that's for sure. I'd probably have a stock of morning after pills to put in her juice/breakfast the next day!(I'm rich, I have a cook to make the food!)

Complex
11-09-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd absolutely only be using my own condom and be putting it on myself, that's for sure. I'd probably have a stock of morning after pills to put in her juice/breakfast the next day!(I'm rich, I have a cook to make the food!)

good idea tbh

MetSox17
11-09-2011, 12:31 AM
WTF, that's a terrible idea.

Plan B pills can cause some serious damage, they're not ******* tic-tac's that you can just pop at any moment.

Ness
11-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Just have to be careful I suppose. Easier said than done, but talking about this reminds me of people that can't hold their liquor and those who can. I'm actually a little proud of knowing when I've had too much and maintain my composure. Maybe experience has helped. I bet some women have gotten some professional athletes screwed by getting them drunk and ******* them and having their kid.

One thing I still don't get is people just siding with a mother and not taking the child away from them and automatically believing anything a woman says. I mean can someone explain that to me? Imagine this scenario:

A. Girl comes to pro athlete tells him she's pregnant but doesn't want to be with the said guy.

B. Girl goes through court paperwork and whatever and tries to get custody of kid with child support.

C. Guy pleads his case and says he is also capable of taking care of the said child and actually wants to.

D. Courts side with woman just because she's a woman.

Really, you could have a woman wake up the next day after she's screwed you and she'll tell you her plot and it just seems like there is nothing you can do about it because it will go into a case of "he said/she said" and the courts will just side with the mother. Someone break that down for me. I don't get how this is okay.

DanZilla
11-09-2011, 08:28 AM
D. Courts side with woman just because she's a woman.

Really, you could have a woman wake up the next day after she's screwed you and she'll tell you her plot and it just seems like there is nothing you can do about it because it will go into a case of "he said/she said" and the courts will just side with the mother. Someone break that down for me. I don't get how this is okay.
There is no way an athlete will be able to take care of a child if theyre training/ traveling 6-7 months out of every year. I think the courts see that it is a full-time job and the woman will accept the full time role. Win number 1. It's not like an athlete will walk away from a 7-8 digit salary and take care of a child from the day the baby is born, lol. Win number 2. At least that's how I look at it.

Women are gold diggers lol there's no denying that. The athletes need to keep their **** in their pants and avoid all that stuff.

DanZilla
11-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Or go anal.

http://ragefac.es/faces/0381dcd29fb16d20a3a9ef8486bcc2e1.png

Prowler
11-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Technically the better option would be to go to nonextradition countries and/or international waters. Then they can do whatever they want to do with any women that they find. Pirates of the booty.

wogitalia
11-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Technically the better option would be to go to nonextradition countries and/or international waters. Then they can do whatever they want to do with any women that they find. Pirates of the booty.

Ummm... yeah if Rape is your thing I guess.

CC.SD
11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Ummm... yeah if Rape is your thing I guess.

Yeah well that's why we american football, right?

Caddy
11-09-2011, 07:33 PM

Plan B pills can cause some serious damage, they're not ******* tic-tac's that you can just pop at any moment.

And TO would be concerned with this why?

MetSox17
11-09-2011, 08:02 PM
And TO would be concerned with this why?

Because i'm pretty sure making someone ingest non-otc drugs without their consent is criminal.

nepg
11-09-2011, 08:04 PM

That's why you make sure you start the coffee going and bring her a cup in the morning as she wakes up. Your kind, sweethearted exterior masks the damage you seek to ravage upon her insides with the contents of the beverage.

*No psychopath*

CC.SD
11-09-2011, 08:14 PM
That's why you make sure you start the coffee going and bring her a cup in the morning as she wakes up. Your kind, sweethearted exterior masks the damage you seek to ravage upon her insides with the contents of the beverage.

*No psychopath*

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls11lsqWAM1qd9xk0.gif

wogitalia
11-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Because i'm pretty sure making someone ingest non-otc drugs without their consent is criminal.

If you say so but compared to some of the suggestions in this thread, that just seems pleasant and like the right thing to do!

Plus morning after pill is over the counter in Australia, so yeah.