PDA

View Full Version : Rematch?

descendency
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Assume Oklahoma St loses to Oklahoma and Stanford loses to Oregon, who would you put in the BCS title game?

niel89
11-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Give me Boise so we can see if they deserve to be there. We just saw how Alabama stacks up so let's give Boise a shot.

TACKLE
11-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Assume Oklahoma St loses to Oklahoma and Stanford loses to Oregon, who would you put in the BCS title game?

Alabama...

gpngc
11-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Is there any realistic chance Boise does get the nod in this scenario?

Grizzlegom
11-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Where's my Houston option??? But seriously, I'd go Boise if they are still undefeated.

descendency
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Is there any realistic chance Boise does get the nod in this scenario?

I'd say no. Honestly, Boise's schedule will get them killed by the computers. So even if the human polls give boise straight 1s (which won't happen), they are probably still outside.

The best hope for Boise is a Stanford, OkSU, and Alabama (again) loss. Where OkSU loses to someone other than Oklahoma and Stanford loses to someone not Oregon. Alabama loses to someone on their schedule. That's about the only way I can see Boise getting in.

SickwithIt1010
11-07-2011, 09:20 PM
BSU deserves it. Bama just got scored 6 points in a ******* loss. 6 ******* points, and they drop 1 ******* spot. I dont give 2 shits if it was against LSU that is ******* horrid.

soybean
11-07-2011, 11:04 PM
**** THAT! If there's a rematch, I guarantee you it will be the lowest rated BCS national championship ever.

JRTPlaya21
11-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Why is this even a thread.....honestly.

mqtirishfan
11-07-2011, 11:11 PM
**** THAT! If there's a rematch, I guarantee you it will be the lowest rated BCS national championship ever.

That's just not likely.

Iamcanadian
11-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Boise St. may get in even if one of Stanford or Oklahoma St. go undefeated. It would come down to how LSU does against Georgia in the SEC Championship game. If Georgia gives LSU a close match or even possibly beats them, then Boise St. has a strong argument to be included in the National Championship game since they destroyed Georgia at Georgia to open the season. I can see a scenario where the SEC gets left out of the NCG and Boise plays either Stanford or Oklahoma St.
This isn't over by any means.

fenikz
11-07-2011, 11:56 PM
much rather see Bama than Boise get blown out

niel89
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
If Boise gets blown out, I still would rather have them just so I don't have to hear about them getting screwed out of the chance to play for the title anymore.

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2011, 12:07 AM
much rather see Bama than Boise get blown out

Bama doesnt deserve to play for it if Boise runs the table.

descendency
11-08-2011, 01:08 AM
If Boise gets blown out, I still would rather have them just so I don't have to hear about them getting screwed out of the chance to play for the title anymore.

Though, it will be annoying to hear that "they just had a bad game" or "you're punishing these guys for what the team three years ago did." Obviously, their movement to the Big East (which makes zero since, except for TV revenue... because they won't get any from Texas)

There will always be an excuse.

Boise St. may get in even if one of Stanford or Oklahoma St. go undefeated. It would come down to how LSU does against Georgia in the SEC Championship game. If Georgia gives LSU a close match or even possibly beats them, then Boise St. has a strong argument to be included in the National Championship game since they destroyed Georgia at Georgia to open the season. I can see a scenario where the SEC gets left out of the NCG and Boise plays either Stanford or Oklahoma St.

If LSU loses, Alabama will be put in the championship game. The best case scenario is one where LSU wins out.

heavyduty
11-08-2011, 01:29 AM
If Boise wants a shot they need to start scheduling more then 2 respectable teams every season. I would take a 1 loss Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Stanford (if it happens), **** even Clemson before Boise.

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2011, 01:32 AM
If Boise wants a shot they need to start scheduling more then 2 respectable teams every season. I would take a 1 loss Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Stanford (if it happens), **** even Clemson before Boise.

They dont deserve it if they lose.

heavyduty
11-08-2011, 02:01 AM
They dont deserve it if they lose.

I think if you beat 3+ ranked teams plus a stronger conference and have lost once then you have accomplished more and have more right to the Championship title game then a team that has coasted through the season beating only 1 ranked team and a bunch of bottom feeders a long the way.

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2011, 02:02 AM
I think if you beat 3+ ranked teams plus a stronger conference and have lost once then you have accomplished more and have more right to the Championship title game then a team that has coasted through the season beating only 1 ranked team and a bunch of bottom feeders a long the way.

No you dont, coaches ranked BSU where they did because they feel they are one of the best teams in the country. If they go undefeated along with LSU they deserve a chance. Simple as that.

heavyduty
11-08-2011, 02:13 AM
I disagree. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss!!!! Give The U the same schedule and I bet they go 12-0 and are all the sudden "Championship Contenders". **** might as well throw a Heisman in there for Jacorry Harris too lol.

SickwithIt1010
11-08-2011, 02:19 AM
I disagree. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss!!!! Give The U the same schedule and I bet they go 12-0 and are all the sudden "Championship Contenders". **** might as well throw a Heisman in there for Jacorry Harris too lol.

No, because the U doesnt prepare like BSU does. BSU is the most well prepared team in the country week in and week out.

fenikz
11-08-2011, 02:21 AM
besides Georgia, Miami would certainly sweep that schedule in it's year under a new coach

Razor
11-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Alabama, and it's not even close. I don't care if BSI is undefeated, it's who you play. If Bama had BSI's schedule they'd be undefeated every single year too. Bama is the better team, and I'm hoping for a rematch. Ducks are going to kill Stanford, and I doubt that OSU can get past the Sooners.

RealityCheck
11-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Stop talking Boise's schedule down.

If it's so easy to go undefeated in an non-AQ conference, why so few teams do it? They have beaten the best team in the SEC East in SEC territory. If they win out, they will have 4 wins over Top 50 teams (UGA, TCU, SDSU and Tulsa). Also, 9 of the 12 teams in Boise's schedule are likely to have winning seasons and 4 of them could be conference champions. When was the last time Bama beat 4 (okay, 3, UGA won't win the SEC) conference champions? Oh, yeah, that never happened, I guess.

And unlike Alabama, Boise has that thing called an offense. And that other thing called a QB.

Alright. Bama has something Boise doesn't have: A LOSS. A 9-6 LOSS AT HOME TO A TEAM THAT HAS NO OFFENSE.

You cant't just go and schedule whoever you want. There's a whole process. Boise has tried to play Bama and Nebraska and both refused.
And you also can't join whichever conference you want. Boise is indeed trying to get a Pac-12 or Big 12 invite, but they need upgrades.

I do take my hats off to VT, UGA, Oregon and Michigan St. for scheduling Boise knowing they'll be picked on for losing to a Mountain West team.

Razor
11-08-2011, 04:30 AM
OK. Since you used capital letters you must be right. Cool story...

RealityCheck
11-08-2011, 04:35 AM
OK. Since you used capital letters you must be right. Cool story...
And since Bama plays in the SEC they must be worthy of playing in the title game despite being a worst team, since they play in the SEC and all. Reaaaaaally cool story.

What I just can't stand is a 1-team loss who plays Kent State, North Texas, Georgia Southern, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vanderbilt who scored SIX points when they got to play a real defense getting in the NCG when there are three undefeated teams.

It's not just about Boise. Bama is ahead of Stanford who is undefeated in the Pac-12.

murdamal86
11-08-2011, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't be in favor of a rematch for the simple fact as a UF fan, I was crying about no UM-OSU rematch in 06

Smooth Criminal
11-08-2011, 07:34 AM

Boise will never get in over an undefeated team from a BCS conference. Don't kid yourself.

I'll be rooting hard for Stanford this week.

JHL6719
11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Stop talking Boise's schedule down.

If it's so easy to go undefeated in an non-AQ conference, why so few teams do it? They have beaten the best team in the SEC East in SEC territory. If they win out, they will have 4 wins over Top 50 teams (UGA, TCU, SDSU and Tulsa). Also, 9 of the 12 teams in Boise's schedule are likely to have winning seasons and 4 of them could be conference champions. When was the last time Bama beat 4 (okay, 3, UGA won't win the SEC) conference champions? Oh, yeah, that never happened, I guess.

And unlike Alabama, Boise has that thing called an offense. And that other thing called a QB.

Alright. Bama has something Boise doesn't have: A LOSS. A 9-6 LOSS AT HOME TO A TEAM THAT HAS NO OFFENSE..

Bama beat 6 top 25 teams, and 4 top 10 teams in '09 when they won the national championship. Including the #1 teams in the country back-to-back (Florida and Texas) which is the first time that's ever happened.

What the hell is this "9 teams on Boise's schedule are likely to have winning records" nonsense?

Everybody looks like they have an offense until they have to play LSU. They might pile up more garbage stats against LSU than Bama did, but they'll also have more turnovers, which will get them run out of the stadium (see Oregon, West Virginia, etc.)

Stats don't matter when you play LSU. Did you even watch the game? Alabama moved the ball on LSU more than LSU moved the ball on Bama.

A.J. McCarron passed for the 3rd highest yardage total on LSU's defense of any quarterback this season.

JRTPlaya21
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Texas was def #2 in the title game btw.

nrk
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
A team shouldn't be in the national championship game if they don't even win their conference. I know from experience.

JHL6719
11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't think a team should be in the national championship game if they don't even win their conference. I know from experience.

It depends, obviously the Big-12 has done it twice, as you know.

The point is everyone should want the two best teams in the country in the national championship game.

The "#2" team in the SEC is likely the 2nd best team in the country this year in my opinion.

It's likely that LSU has already beaten the Pac-12 and Big-East conference champions already in games that weren't even close. The only team that can challenge LSU is Alabama. Everyone is going to find that out in the end.

Winning the MWC is less impressive than having 1 loss in the SEC, with that loss being a 3 point loss in overtime to the #1 team in the country. Bama has blown out every other SEC opponent they've faced... Including a top 10 (maybe top 5) Arkansas team.

heavyduty
11-08-2011, 01:27 PM
And since Bama plays in the SEC they must be worthy of playing in the title game despite being a worst team, since they play in the SEC and all. Reaaaaaally cool story.

What I just can't stand is a 1-team loss who plays Kent State, North Texas, Georgia Southern, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vanderbilt who scored SIX points when they got to play a real defense getting in the NCG when there are three undefeated teams.

It's not just about Boise. Bama is ahead of Stanford who is undefeated in the Pac-12.

Soooo i noticed you decided to point out that Bama plays Kent State, North Texas, Georgia Southern, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt BUT completely left out the fact that they beat both Penn State and Florida on the road, stomped on Arkansas, and will likely go on the road again to beat Auburn at the end of the season. Those 4 games alone offer 100000 times the competition that Boise's entire schedule offers. Boise would be lucky to get out of those 4 games with 2 wins.

draftguru151
11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
People arguing with RC about Boise. -____________-

nrk
11-08-2011, 03:25 PM
It depends, obviously the Big-12 has done it twice, as you know.

The point is everyone should want the two best teams in the country in the national championship game.

The "#2" team in the SEC is likely the 2nd best team in the country this year in my opinion.

It's likely that LSU has already beaten the Pac-12 and Big-East conference champions already in games that weren't even close. The only team that can challenge LSU is Alabama. Everyone is going to find that out in the end.

Winning the MWC is less impressive than having 1 loss in the SEC, with that loss being a 3 point loss in overtime to the #1 team in the country. Bama has blown out every other SEC opponent they've faced... Including a top 10 (maybe top 5) Arkansas team.

Alabama certainly could be the #2 in the nation but that is only speculation. As is Ok. State, Stanford, and Boise not having a chance against LSU. Alabama controlled their own destiny. They had a road to the national championship but they lost to LSU, in Alabama no less. They won't win their conference unless LSU has a collapse. People say Stanford/Boise/Ok State don't deserve to be in the national championship but Alabama deserves it even less (assuming those teams win out).

bucfan12
11-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I dont know. I think Boise State can hang with LSU. I wouldn';t underestimate them. They're well coached and more is a very good QB.

Not saying they would beat LUS, but if they got a chance, I wouldn't say they'd get manhandled.

Raiderz4Life
11-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Damn it I voted other thinking bout Stanford without reading the OP -___-

In that case I change my vote to Boise.

RealityCheck
11-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Bama beat 6 top 25 teams, and 4 top 10 teams in '09 when they won the national championship. Including the #1 teams in the country back-to-back (Florida and Texas) which is the first time that's ever happened.

What the hell is this "9 teams on Boise's schedule are likely to have winning records" nonsense?

Everybody looks like they have an offense until they have to play LSU. They might pile up more garbage stats against LSU than Bama did, but they'll also have more turnovers, which will get them run out of the stadium (see Oregon, West Virginia, etc.)

Stats don't matter when you play LSU. Did you even watch the game? Alabama moved the ball on LSU more than LSU moved the ball on Bama.

A.J. McCarron passed for the 3rd highest yardage total on LSU's defense of any quarterback this season.

Take a look at Boise's schedule and you will see that all teams except for UNLV, CSU and UNM are on pace to finish .500 or over. Fresno may finish under too but I doubt it.

I did watch parts of the game and nobody impressed me at all. Still it's not about the football game itself, it's about the stats. The biggest problem is that people treat the Mountain West like it was the Division III. I've seen people say Vanderbilt and Ole Miss would go undefeated in the MWC.

And I could see Boise beating Penn State and Florida on the road. Boise-Arkansas would be a hell of a game and anyone could win.

descendency
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Stanford will pass Alabama if they beat Oregon.

Their SOS sucks right now.

RealityCheck
11-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Stanford will pass Alabama if they beat Oregon.

Their SOS sucks right now.
Yeah, would be nonsense if they didn't.

heavyduty
11-12-2011, 06:41 PM
argument over, boise couldnt even handle TCU @ home lol

Sloopy
11-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Based on the way that today has unfolded... If we are "assuming Oklahoma St loses to Oklahoma and Stanford loses to Oregon" the next team in line for a shot at the title should be Oklahoma.

A win over the #2 team in the nation with loses by Boise State (and in this scenario Stanford), Oklahoma should leapfrog Alabama and get their shot at LSU.

MetSox17
11-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Oklahoma lost at home to ******* Texas Tech. If Okie St doesn't win out, it should just be a LSU-Bama rematch.

49erNation85
11-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Nah a rematch is dumb.We don't want to see that. Put in OKa State if they win out. they have the weapons to out score LSU and a good defense. Boise lost and screwed them selves so they are out.

NOLAFan
11-12-2011, 09:28 PM
So in the scenario that LSU wins out, Ok. State loses, and the Stan. V. Oregon game finishes with stanford losing, who does LSU play? I agree there shouldnt be a rematch but i really dont want to see Oklahoma play LSU.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2011, 09:29 PM
It will be a rematch in that case.

JRTPlaya21
11-12-2011, 09:34 PM
A rematch goes away IF Arkansas or Georgia beats LSU or Bama loses at Auburn so why don't all you debbie downers relax for a few more weeks. Jeeze.

Sloopy
11-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Oklahoma lost at home to ******* Texas Tech. If Okie St doesn't win out, it should just be a LSU-Bama rematch.

I'm quite aware of Oklahoma's loss to TT.

However, in the scenario listed in the initial post they would have also beaten the #2 team in the nation AND bama already lost to LSU.

In the scenario listed, name someone who deserves a shot more?

For the record I hate the idea of Oklahoma going just as much as the next guy, I'm just trying to be objective here.

Then again, the BCS voters will likely give the nod to the team in the SECZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

JRTPlaya21
11-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Real talk Oregon may jump the Sooners and win out. I'd much rather they play LSU seeing as how they didn't lose to freaking Texas Tech. By all means though if anyone gets a rematch then don't watch. It's simple.

keylime_5
11-12-2011, 10:06 PM
no one wants to see LSU-Oregon on a neutral field again. Been there, done that, Oregon got pounded. At least Alabama took them to OT in a game that could have gone either way where there was no clear better team. If Oklahoma beats OK State then I could see putting them in over Bama with one loss for the same reason voters put Florida in over Michigan in 2006 - give another team a shot at the title.

Raiderz4Life
11-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Nah a rematch is dumb.We don't want to see that. Put in OKa State if they win out. they have the weapons to out score LSU and a good defense. Boise lost and screwed them selves so they are out.

OKSt with a good D?? Since when???

Sloopy
11-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Real talk Oregon may jump the Sooners and win out. I'd much rather they play LSU seeing as how they didn't lose to freaking Texas Tech. By all means though if anyone gets a rematch then don't watch. It's simple.

If anyone "deserves" a rematch, it would be Bama over Oregon without question.

No they didn't lose to TT... they merely have already been drubbed by the #1 team in question already on a neutral field.

40-27? really? you want to see that again?

JRTPlaya21
11-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I think judging from my sig you can tell who I wanna see play again lol and it sure as hell isn't the biggest choker program of the last 10 years of the BCS.

Razor
11-13-2011, 08:47 AM
YEEEESSS!!! No more talk about the Boise State Broncos getting in the NCAACG! Oh happy day.... Rematch, rematch, rematch.

soybean
11-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Here's the thing...

What if Bama beats LSU BARELY do they split?

Trogdor
11-29-2011, 02:16 PM
If 'Bama plays LSU in the NCG everyone aside from 'Bama, LSU, and their fans lose. Not sure about the "'Bama only lost to LSU argument" who the hell did they play? :D

Non-conference schedule:
Kent State @home
PSU away
North Texas @home
Georgia Southern @home in November... (what...?)

Their S.O.S overall even with the SEC schedule is a paltry 42nd. Props to LSU for actually having the 9th best S.O.S. How about Oklahoma State (who if they win out will most likely pass 'Bama with voters)? They have a very respectful 7th strongest S.O.S.

If 'Bama waltzes into the NCG after having that much of a cupcake non-conf with one loss, and no conference championship it is an absolute travesty. The silver lining? After a 7-6 or 3-2 NCG with 7 turnovers the momentum for playoffs or a "+2" format might be strong.

JHL6719
11-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Here's the thing...

What if Bama beats LSU BARELY do they split?

I doubt it, but you can go to any Alabama board you want and you'll see that a co-national championship with LSU is perfectly fine with the Bama fanbase even if they do beat LSU in the BCS title game. They know how good of a team LSU is, and appreciate the fact that neither team is "better" than the other.

LSU won the game, but they didn't 'beat' Alabama on the field. Conversely, it's pretty much expected that if Alabama wins the next one, it's likely that Alabama won't have 'beaten' LSU either. Only that the results on the scoreboard end up different.

If LSU wins, it's a non-issue. If Alabama thoroughly whips LSU in a rematch, then a co-national championship obviously becomes a little more difficult to push on Bama fans.

LSU fans don't want a rematch with Bama because they know that's the only team that can beat 'em. Hell, I'd want to face Oklahoma St. too if I was an LSU fan.... easy title that way. LSU will destroy Okie Light.

Even if the roles were reversed and Alabama had won the game against LSU, we were still going to see a rematch in the BCS title game because of everyone else losing games they weren't supposed to lose.

JHL6719
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
If 'Bama plays LSU in the NCG everyone aside from 'Bama, LSU, and their fans lose. Not sure about the "'Bama only lost to LSU argument" who the hell did they play? :D

Non-conference schedule:
Kent State @home
PSU away
North Texas @home
Georgia Southern @home in November... (what...?)

Their S.O.S overall even with the SEC schedule is a paltry 42nd. Props to LSU for actually having the 9th best S.O.S. How about Oklahoma State (who if they win out will most likely pass 'Bama with voters)? They have a very respectful 7th strongest S.O.S.

If 'Bama waltzes into the NCG after having that much of a cupcake non-conf with one loss, and no conference championship it is an absolute travesty. The silver lining? After a 7-6 or 3-2 NCG with 7 turnovers the momentum for playoffs or a "+2" format might be strong.

The only win LSU has over Bama is the Oregon win.

Bama's win over Georgia Southern is better than LSU's win over Northwestern St. That triple option GSU runs would give LSU fits too.

Bama's win over North Texas is the same as LSU's win over Western Kentucky.

Bama's 34-0 shutout win over Vanderbilt from the SEC east is better than LSU's win over Kentucky from the SEC east. Vanderbilt beat Kentucky 38-8.

Bama's win over Penn St. is better than LSU's win over West Virginia.

Bama's win over Florida is better than LSU's win over Florida because Florida was healthy, and a better team when Bama played them. Bama knocked Brantley out for weeks, which benefited LSU the following week.

Miss. St., Tennessee, Auburn, Ole Miss, Florida, and Arkansas are the common opponents. Bama and LSU beat them all by almost the exact same margin.

The only win Bama doesn't have an answer for is LSU's win over Oregon, who's already proven they can't play with LSU. Alabama would've beaten the Ducks as well.

nrk
11-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Do you know what win LSU has that's better than Alabama? Beating Alabama in Alabama.

JHL6719
11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Do you know what win LSU has that's better than Alabama? Beating Alabama in Alabama.

Obviously. Your point?

They'll get a shot to beat LSU in Louisiana in January.

Enjoy Bedlam this weekend. Should be exciting.

JoeJoeBrown
12-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Alabama has only beaten three teams with a winning record this year. And one of those is crappy penn State.

Can't say that we should all be satisfied with a rematch. They have beaten no team of consequence.

Grizzlegom
12-01-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm still hoping Oklahoma State throttles Oklahoma and the voters/computers decide to bump them above Alabama. I would also accept a Georgia defeat of LSU just so we can see even more chaos.

Iamcanadian
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm praying that Oklahoma St. beats Oklahoma and passes Alabama in the standings. If Michigan didn't deserve to play Ohio St. after losing by 3 at Ohio St. then Alabama's argument is even weaker.
I want to see one conference champion play another conference champion for the National Championship, anything else is an insult to college football and its fans.
The computers understand who deserves to play in that game and they don't like Alabama.
I can accept Alabama if there isn't another conference champion with only 1 loss but that is the only scenario where it is permissible for Alabama to be included.

Thank God that Penn St. lost to Wisconsin and didn't have to embarrass itself and the Big 10 even more, by winning the Big 10 championship with a HC who was part of the mess at that school.

jrdrylie
12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
So the BCS only allows two teams from each conference to get in. But if Georgia beats LSU they get the automatic bid and Alabama-LSU can still have a rematch if they are ranked 1-2. I can't imagine the voters will allow BCS National Championship Game in which neither team won their conference. That would be such a joke.

Smooth Criminal
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm praying that Oklahoma St. beats Oklahoma and passes Alabama in the standings. If Michigan didn't deserve to play Ohio St. after losing by 3 at Ohio St. then Alabama's argument is even weaker.
I want to see one conference champion play another conference champion for the National Championship, anything else is an insult to college football and its fans.
The computers understand who deserves to play in that game and they don't like Alabama.
I can accept Alabama if there isn't another conference champion with only 1 loss but that is the only scenario where it is permissible for Alabama to be included.

Thank God that Penn St. lost to Wisconsin and didn't have to embarrass itself and the Big 10 even more, by winning the Big 10 championship with a HC who was part of the mess at that school.

The difference to me is that I'm convinced Alabama and LSU are the two best teams in the nation. Back when OSU and Michican were 1 and 2 it was much less clear that they were the two best teams, and they proved that in their bowl games.

I'd be against a rematch if there was another team that I thought deserved a shot, but every school that had their chance blew it, except Houston but no one can convince me that they're in the top 2 teams in the country.

Punisher
12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm so fed up with the BCS and the SEC homers in general.

If Trent Richardson wins the Heisman or Alabama plays LSU in another boring game(but for the NC) this will be such a big disappointment of a college football season.

jrdrylie
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM
The difference to me is that I'm convinced Alabama and LSU are the two best teams in the nation. Back when OSU and Michican were 1 and 2 it was much less clear that they were the two best teams, and they proved that in their bowl games.

I'd be against a rematch if there was another team that I thought deserved a shot, but every school that had their chance blew it, except Houston but no one can convince me that they're in the top 2 teams in the country.

Wait a second... how did Oklahoma State blow their chance but not Alabama? they both lost a game. Sure Alabama lost to LSU. But they lost at home. Oklahoma State lost at Iowa State (not nearly as good as LSU) but it was on the road right after a tragedy struck their athletic program. Oklahoma State beat 5 top-20 teams and 6 top-40 teams. Alabama beat 2 top-20 teams and 7 top-40 teams. Their opponents have nearly identical winning percentages but the average ranking of Oklahoma State opponents is 37 compared to 53 for Alabama. Oklahoma State's resume is as good, if not better, than Alabama's. the difference is Alabama has already had their chance where Oklahoma State has not.

descendency
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Someone just asked me something I thought was interesting:

What happens if LSU loses to Georgia?

It's my understanding that either Alabama or LSU would not qualify for a BCS game because the two at larges would be Alabama/LSU and Houston (by rule).

That would mean there is no possibility of a rematch if LSU loses to Alabama regardless of what happens. Making matters worse, no at large team has ever played for a BCS National Championship. Georgia could single handedly give us OkSU/OU vs Oregon...

Or am I wrong?

Complex
12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
ESPN said that LSU was getting no matter what and that Alabama was getting in unless the voters voted in OK. St.

Smooth Criminal
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
OkSts loss is far worse than Alabamas. Road or not, Bama lose to the best team by a fg in overtime.

andyjo672
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Someone just asked me something I thought was interesting:

What happens if LSU loses to Georgia?

It's my understanding that either Alabama or LSU would not qualify for a BCS game because the two at larges would be Alabama/LSU and Houston (by rule).

That would mean there is no possibility of a rematch if LSU loses to Alabama regardless of what happens. Making matters worse, no at large team has ever played for a BCS National Championship. Georgia could single handedly give us OkSU/OU vs Oregon...

Or am I wrong?

Potentially wrong. If LSU were to lose they could still conceivably only drop to #2 with Alabama coming into the #1 spot. If that's the case, they both go to the NCG with Georgia getting an auto-birth in the Sugar Bowl. That scenario is the only one in which a conference can get 3 teams in a BCS bowl.

Iamcanadian
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I still think the BCS is hoping Oklahoma St. crushes Oklahoma and moves past Alabama in the rankings. They know the controversy started by a rematch could lead to the destruction of the BCS itself.
Alabama after all will be getting a free ride into the National Championship game, they don't have to play anybody else in their conference like LSU has to and like all conference champions have to do. They just get to sit there and hope the coaches still leave them at #2.
Personally, I believe the coaches will be looking for any opportunity to move Alabama to #3 like they did with Michigan, so it is still up to Oklahoma St. to prove they belong by beating Oklahoma and then beating Kansas St. in the conference championship game. I think those 2 victories will easily push Oklahoma St. past Alabama into #2 making this argument moot.

JRTPlaya21
12-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Someone fails badly....there is no more Big 12 title game seeing as how Nebraska & Colorado left the league so this it it for OSU. If they don't blow out big brother then adios any shot at the national title game mr. "moot point"

Trogdor
12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
If Ok State beats Oklahoma they should (and most likely will) be playing in the NCG.

Strength of schedule + not winning your conference will eventually factor him. Alabama's schedule is around 38th best in the country. Ok State? 7th. So the fact 'Bama didn't lose to anyone is because they had a cupcake schedule.

JRTPlaya21
12-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Yawnnnnn. You strength of schedule gurus are beating a very very dead horse in every message board. OSU is going to need basically every voter who is voting Bama #2 to flip flop. Yup good luck with that especially if the Hokies win and steal some of their votes. So the fact that they beat 5 loss A&M, 4 loss Baylor & 4 loss overrated Texas means that OSU deserves it? Especially since the BCS has included non conference winners before from the Big 12 and they got outclassed in the title game. If this Bama team had played SC or UGA I'd bet a ton of money on them winning those games as well.

nrk
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Yawnnnnn. You strength of schedule gurus are beating a very very dead horse in every message board. OSU is going to need basically every voter who is voting Bama #2 to flip flop. Yup good luck with that especially if the Hokies win and steal some of their votes. So the fact that they beat 5 loss A&M, 4 loss Baylor & 4 loss overrated Texas means that OSU deserves it? Especially since the BCS has included non conference winners before from the Big 12 and they got outclassed in the title game. If this Bama team had played SC or UGA I'd bet a ton of money on them winning those games as well.

What? OU vs OSU is for the Big 12. Soooooo they would have won their conference if they were to be put in the national championship game. No one is arguing for a 2 loss Oklahoma State team.

At least these "strength of schedule gurus" have a logical argument.

Also, Baylor only has 3 losses.

JHL6719
12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Wait a second... how did Oklahoma State blow their chance but not Alabama? they both lost a game. Sure Alabama lost to LSU. But they lost at home. Oklahoma State lost at Iowa State (not nearly as good as LSU) but it was on the road right after a tragedy struck their athletic program. Oklahoma State beat 5 top-20 teams and 6 top-40 teams. Alabama beat 2 top-20 teams and 7 top-40 teams. Their opponents have nearly identical winning percentages but the average ranking of Oklahoma State opponents is 37 compared to 53 for Alabama. Oklahoma State's resume is as good, if not better, than Alabama's. the difference is Alabama has already had their chance where Oklahoma State has not.

Okie Light blew their chance because they had already passed Bama in the BCS after Bama lost to LSU. Okie Light was #2 in the BCS... all they had to do was win their games.

Instead they went out and lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog. That's the very definition of "blowing it".

Their strength of schedule is irrelevant... it's a bunch of Big-12 teams who score a bunch of points on each other in boatraces because they can't play defense.

The 'tragedy' excuse for Okie Light losing to Iowa St. is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. The 'tragedy' didn't seem to be affecting them when they were up 24-7 on Iowa St. in the 3rd quarter...