PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Round Prospects: Who Do You Like?

Abaddon
11-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Too early to accurately slot players by round, but screw it. Oakland won't be picking in the first 2 rounds. I'm expecting a 3rd round comp pick, among others. Who are some guys (at any position) who are looking like mid-rounders but could play a significant role in the bigs?

Razor
11-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I always fall in love with midrounders, but rarely do they pan out. But here are some of the players I like in that range:

Markelle Martin
Shea McClellin (although I could see him rise up the boards)
Kheeston Randall
Trumaine Johnson
Cyrus Gray
Shaun Prater
Ryan Lindley

and of course... loads of WRs:
Ryan Broyles
Brian Quick
Juron Criner
Greg Childs
Jarius Wright
etc...

ChiFan24
11-08-2011, 02:51 AM
I really like mid round receivers in this class. B.J. Cunningham and Joe Adams will be great values. Lavonte David and Travis Lewis are solid WLB prospects. Chris Galippo could make a good thumper. Harrison Smith at safety.

Abaddon
11-08-2011, 03:02 AM
I always fall in love with midrounders, but rarely do they pan out. But here are some of the players I like in that range:

Markelle Martin
Shea McClellin (although I could see him rise up the boards)
Kheeston Randall
Trumaine Johnson
Cyrus Gray
Shaun Prater
Ryan Lindley

and of course... loads of WRs:
Ryan Broyles
Brian Quick
Juron Criner
Greg Childs
Jarius Wright
etc...

Preciate it.

Markelle Martin sounds interesting. Reads like a guy who could play some centerfield for us.

Really like what I'm reading of Kheeston Randall. Putting him and Lamar Houston back on the same line together could be productive.

Trumaine could be a steal after his run-in with the cops. Good call.

Hafta go do some homework on the WRs.

TheFinisher
11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
NT Kawann Short, Purdue
NT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
OLB Sean Spence, Miami
CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.
DE Andre Branch, Clemson

jared3
11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
I like CB Shaun Prater from Iowa. Also, DT Kawann Short from Purdue. Both should be 4th round prospects.

thegreatone
11-08-2011, 03:51 PM
AJ Jenkins WR Illinois and Tank Carder ILB TCU

shylo3716
11-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Jeff Demps if we are talking Raiders

Brown Leader
11-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I like

Justin Francis DT/DE Rutgers
Rodney Stewart RB Colorado
Rodney McCleod FS Virginia
Marvin Jones WR Cal
Perry Jones* RB Virginia
Gerrell Robinson WR ASU
Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
Robert Golden FS Arizona
Darius Flemming OLB/DE ND
Dan Trevathan LB Kentucky

JoeJoeBrown
11-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Homer Pick Alert:

Dan "Boom" Herron RB Ohio State

I think he has the tools to be a solid NFL RB for a few years.

Duffman57
11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I really like Frank Alexander and think he's really underrated. Brian Quick is intreaguing as is TY Hilton. I really like Winston Guy Jr. as well.

keylime_5
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Knile Davis, Mike Martin, and Boom Herron.

rawdawg
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
I always like the 3-5 round prospects, probably moreso than early round guys. I feel like the risk is low and the reward is so potentially high from guys in the 85-150 range.

Most of the prospects I like have been mentioned.

CBs- Shaun Prater, Casey Hayward (though he may end up in the 2nd), Leonard Johnson, Robert Golden, Jamell Fleming

LBs- Danny Trevathan, James-Michael Johnson, Nigel Bradham, Tyler Nielson,

S- Antonio Allen, Aaron Henry,

OL- Philip Blake, Kevin Zeitler,

WR- Devier Posey, Chris Owusu, AJ Jenkins, Marvin Jones, Brian Quick, Joe Adams,

DL- Andre Branch, Malik Jackson

TheFinisher
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I want to throw Brandon Taylor's name out there. I know everyone gets excited talking about Claiborne and Mathieu but Taylor makes his fair share of plays for that defense and really looks the part of an NFL safety. He's instinctive, is solid in coming up to support the run and more than holds his own in coverage. I'm guessing he's like a 3rd/4th Rounder right now but I have a feeling he's going to make some team very happy.

Brent
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Terrence Frederick, CB, TAMU
Tony Jerod-Eddie, DT, TAMU

Abaddon
11-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Jeff Demps if we are talking Raiders

Al Davis is dead, and the stopwatch died with him.

...we hope.

Complex
11-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Al Davis is dead, and the stopwatch died with him.

...we hope.

Now you will be trading for 2005 Bengals instead.

Abaddon
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
We're shooting for a new GM in the offseason and a relieving of duties for Hue-bris Jackson. Fates willing, that'll set things on the right path.

ellsy82
11-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
LaMar Miller, RB, Miami
Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State

Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Bacarri Rambo, SS, Georgia

AntoinCD
11-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
LaMar Miller, RB, Miami
Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT, Iowa State

Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
Bacarri Rambo, SS, Georgia

Really??? Mid rounds means rounds 3-5 not picks 3-5. Claiborne doesn't get out of the top ten let alone the first two rounds

SolidGold
11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Chandler Harnish should garner consideration as a mid rounder. He is having a great senior season. Can't wait to see how he tests out at the combine. I hope he gets a senior bowl invite as well.

I would say a team like Buffalo could target him in the middle rounds - they just signed Fitz to a long term deal. Harnish fits the skillset that Gailey seems to like in his QBs.

thenewfeature06
11-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Any LSU/Bama defender eligible around that time... MoClay will go early.. is Matheiu a true soph..? Brandon Taylor but his stock his on the rise.. I would like to get Eric Reid or Matheu next year OMGGGGGGGGGGG.

UNC player that will be off the map slightly I think.. Charles Brown CB.

iowatreat54
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
If the Bears don't take a WR in the first (and they won't), I want Marvin McNutt in the mid rounds. I want the Bears to take him quite possibly more than I've ever wanted the Bears to take any player as long as I've been a fan.

jsa230
11-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Danny Trevathan OLB UK
Hes Listed at 6-1 230 so hes a tad undersized. Can probably only play at WLB in the pros in a 43. Sideline to sidelilne defender, can get into the backfield, solid fundamentally sound tackler. . . I have watched this kid for 3 years and he packs a punch. Struggled the last two years in coverage but has steadily improved since about halfway through last season. Sometimes goes for the big play and over pursues. Three year starter in the SEC and I think he will be starting for someone next year. My prediction. Eagles in the 3rd.

Also, Greg Childs is interesting . . good hands, good size, good route runner. Could very well make a impact immediately in the pros.

ellsy82
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Really??? Mid rounds means rounds 3-5 not picks 3-5. Claiborne doesn't get out of the top ten let alone the first two rounds

True. It actually took me a good half an hour to craft that list...while being distracted by demon children. At that point, I'd forgotten about the 'mid-rounds' portion of the OP. My bad.

Punisher
11-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I really like mid round receivers in this class. B.J. Cunningham and Joe Adams will be great values. Lavonte David and Travis Lewis are solid WLB prospects. Chris Galippo could make a good thumper. Harrison Smith at safety.

Chris Galippo makes a good nothing. He may be able to coach later on in his career, but he has ZERO chance of being an NFL player. I would be surprised if he cracked under a 5 in the 40.

fischbowl
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
QB: Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
RB: Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
WR: Marvin McNutt, Iowa
TE: Nick Provo, Syracuse
OT: Blake DeChristopher, Virginia Tech
OG: Joe Looney, Wake Forest
C: William Vlachos, Alabama

DE: Jake Bequette, Arkansas
DT: Chas Alecxih, Pittsburgh
OLB: Miles Burris, San Diego State