4- Giants/Cowboys (9-7)
5- Falcons (10-6)
6- Lions (10-6)

Wildcard week matchups

Falcons @ Giants/Cowboys
Lions @ Saints

TheWall
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
The Bengals are doing a fine job, but lets be real, they won't be finishing anywhere near the top of the AFC. They're 6-2, but will likely see at least 4 losses in their remaining 5 games against the Ravens, Steelers, and Texans. I could see them taking the last spot in the playoffs, but that is dependent on the performance of the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Jets, and Bills. It is likely that 4 of those 6 teams will make the playoffs as I can't see 2 teams making it from the West or South.

Bengalsrocket
11-08-2011, 02:06 PM
The Bengals benefited from an easy schedule (though it's been harder in reality than it was on paper. Bills and Niners turned out to be much stronger teams this year than last year). However, we can't fault them for taking advantage of an easy schedule either.

As always, their play off hopes lie within the divisional games really, because wild card spots are going to be hard to steal away from the AFC east like TheWall said. So in my opinion I think it's a matter of if they are able to be competitive with the Steelers and the Ravens.

I think the Texans will lock up the south for sure while the west and the east will likely be competitive until the final weeks of the regular season.

As far as the NFC goes though, I think the current standings are pretty close to how they will actually finish. The top six teams are clearly the six best, with the only exception being the Eagles could make a run at the giants in the second half of the regular season.

gpngc
11-08-2011, 02:23 PM
The chalk may actually turn out in the AFC when all is said and done... what a shame. Bengals season will come down to the BAL and PIT games. Keep in mind, the AFC North was blessed by the schedule gods and got NFCW and AFCS (not to mention the AFCW opponent each of them draws).

As for the NFC, no surprises there either... jeez.

Scotty D
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Lions vs Bears this week is kind of a big match up for both teams playoff chances.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Props to the Bengals fans. That must be a great feeling to see that team winning. Good for you guys!

Ness
11-08-2011, 03:17 PM
The 49ers could just rest the entire season from this point onward and still probably get the fourth seed.

jrdrylie
11-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Lions vs Bears this week is kind of a big match up for both teams playoff chances.

I'd go so far to say the loser misses the playoffs. The Lions still have games against Green Bay (2), New Orleans, and San Diego. Minnesota is likely a win. Carolina should be (but not easy). Traveling to Oakland isn't a cake walk. A loss to the Bears means a 10-6 record would be possible but difficult.

The Bears have a similar record, with games against Green Bay and San Diego. They should beat Seattle, Minnesota, Kansas City, and Denver. Beat Detroit, and 10-6 is almost a given with 11-4 a distinct possibility.

The Atlanta-New Orleans game is huge. If Atlanta wins, I could see them going 11-5 meaning only two teams from the NFC North are getting in. It's a rare occasion, but I'll be cheering strongly for the Saints on Sunday,

BeerBaron
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM

True, it would be very nice to win that. Even if we don't, we still hold head to head tie breakers with some of our main competition in Atlanta, Tampa and Philly so it wouldn't be a death sentence to lose.

There's a decent chance both conference's North divisions send 3 playoff teams...that's pretty crazy.

And let's not completely write off the Bengals. First seed? No way. But I don't trust Baltimore or Pittsburgh enough to think that they'll sweep the Bengals. Plus, if the East and West teams beat up on eachother, the Bengals just might slip in. That's pretty crazy.

BufFan71
11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
The bills/jets/patriots are all in a 3 way tie for first place in the AFC east

49ersfan_87
11-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll put myself out on a limb and guess the top 6 seeds for each conference. I'll probably be totally wrong when the season ends. We'll see

NFC

1. Packers
2. 49ers
3. Saints
4. Giants
5. Bears
6. Lions

Just missed: Falcons

AFC

1. Ravens
2. Texans
3. Jets
4. Raiders
5. Bengals
6. Steelers

Just missed: Patriots, Bills, Chargers (AFCW crown, won't contend for wildcard)

Raiderz4Life
11-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Wish the Raiders would but...we...

vmXWZFPvCAU

49ersfan_87
11-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Wish the Raiders would but...we...

Don't trust anyone else in the division. The Chiefs are getting blown out at home by (previously) winless teams, Tebow is still erratic, and i don't trust Norv Turner. I still like Hue Jackson as a coach, and Carson will make some mistakes but he can make plays with Ford and DHB. Plus once DMC comes back that offense will be even more deadly with the playaction.

49ersfan_87
11-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Even though Oakland only won by a TD, they still dominated against San Diego. Rivers has looked off all season and even though the Chargers are only 1 game behind, it still feels like they are much farther behind in the AFCW race.

FlyingElvis
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Houston has a weak schedule for the remainder of the season and appears to have the best shot at staying atop the AFC ranks. They could easily win out with only Atlanta & Cincy left sandwiched between some serious cupcakes.

In the NFC it looks irrelevant to me, to be honest. A team needs to get tremendous pressure on Rodgers or he will beat the competition. It looks that simple at this point. But I do get the feeling Chicago will post its second stellar second half in as many seasons.

The AFC is shaping up to be much more interesting simply because none of the teams are far and away better than the others. Whoever gets hot will be the favorite down the stretch.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Houston has a weak schedule for the remainder of the season and appears to have the best shot at staying atop the AFC ranks. They could easily win out with only Atlanta & Cincy left sandwiched between some serious cupcakes.

In the NFC it looks irrelevant to me, to be honest. A team needs to get tremendous pressure on Rodgers or he will beat the competition. It looks that simple at this point. But I do get the feeling Chicago will post its second stellar second half in as many seasons.

The AFC is shaping up to be much more interesting simply because none of the teams are far and away better than the others. Whoever gets hot will be the favorite down the stretch.

That's usually how it goes against Elite QBs. They said the same thing about Brady during that undefeated regular season. Any team who plays them has to stop Moss and Welker, and somehow pressure Brady.

That's the cool part of this sport. You may want to annoint the team but sometimes the unexpected can happen.

FlyingElvis
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
That's usually how it goes against Elite QBs. They said the same thing about Brady during that undefeated regular season. Any team who plays them has to stop Moss and Welker, and somehow pressure Brady.

That's the cool part of this sport. You may want to annoint the team but sometimes the unexpected can happen.

Yup, it can definitely happen. The 'any given sunday' nature of the game is really the only thing keeping my hopes alive that NE can push for a title this year. ;)

49erNation85
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
The 49ers could just rest the entire season from this point onward and still probably get the fourth seed.

The hell with that Ness, I want to over take this west division and secure our spot before week 12 .

Menardo75
11-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The hell with that Ness, I want to over take this west division and secure our spot before week 12 .

Obviously he is joking......

jth1331
11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Man is the AFC West terrible.
All teams negative point differential.
And somehow the Broncos are "still in it" with only 1 1/2 games behind now.

Ravens1991
11-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Just looking at this year, This has to be the Ravens year or I will never have faith that Harbaugh can get us to the superbowl.

Raiderz4Life
11-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Just looking at this year, This has to be the Ravens year or I will never have faith that Harbaugh can get us to the superbowl.

Only thing I think will keep the Ravens back is which Flacco shows up for the playoffs and Cam Cameron.

Ravens1991
11-11-2011, 05:28 PM
That is true, but its Harbaugh who keeps Cameron around because Cameron let him be a towel boy 25 years ago or some BS. Its the same reason Harbs had Greg Mattison last year and didnt say anything when he rushed 3 300+ pounders and dropped everyone in zone and just sat there with a blank stare when the QB picked us apart. That terrible DC would sitll be here today but thankfully Michigan offered him the DC job. So you gotta have some blame on Harbaugh. But if Lee Evans gets healthy IDK if even Cam Cameron could mess that offense up.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I know he made a great comeback vs Pittsburgh, but I just don't trust Joe Flacco right now.

It's not all his fault of course, Cam Cameron is an idiot who misuses his talents on offense, but Flacco is to blame too. Just horrible pocket presence and he just doesn't anticipate routes or read defenses the way I'd like to see from a franchise qb.

I need to see more from Flacco in the coming weeks for me to put some faith in him. Right now, I'm not sold.

Ravens1991
11-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Same here it is just always inconsistency is his deal He has had other clutch performances in regular season before but has shat the bed as well. With Ray Rice averaging 4 ypc Flacco will have to put up good numbers in post season to win. The thing is this has to be our year. With our worst nightmare Manning gone and the Pats not looking good I honestly think we can be favorites @ Houston, NEW, NYJ,Buf, OAK whoever. Im just scared we run into PITT. I honestly would take an away game with all those teams over a home game VS. Pitt. Beating pitt 3 times would be a dream but would be extremly tough

nrk
11-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone else think it's funny that the AFC and NFC North has all of the wildcard spots as of now? Doubtful it happens. I'm thinking the AFC and NFC East both send 2 teams, as does the North.

Raiderz4Life
11-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Same here it is just always inconsistency is his deal He has had other clutch performances in regular season before but has shat the bed as well. With Ray Rice averaging 4 ypc Flacco will have to put up good numbers in post season to win. The thing is this has to be our year. With our worst nightmare Manning gone and the Pats not looking good I honestly think we can be favorites @ Houston, NEW, NYJ,Buf, OAK whoever. Im just scared we run into PITT. I honestly would take an away game with all those teams over a home game VS. Pitt. Beating pitt 3 times would be a dream but would be extremly tough

Balti is my SB favorite. As long as Cam Cameron doesn't want to take advantage of the big stage to show off his "genius" and Flacco plays well enough...run Ray Rice to kingdom come...Balti should be favored to rep the AFC in the SB imo.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm cautious of John Harbaugh too. He has Coughlin syndrome, he'll never interject and tell his coordinators to do what they should do. He lets them do whatever they want, he never takes control.

That could get you in trouble in the postseason. I like Harbaugh as a coach, but he's awfully similar to Coughlin in the sense that he needs good coordinators around him, bc he's more of a team manager who won't interject.

Ravens1991
11-12-2011, 12:08 AM
With harbaugh I get a lot of crap for this but he hasnt impressed me since 2008. AFter 2008 I thought we had a future elite HC. But in 2009 we crapped the bed. Honestly it seems we got worse from 2008-2010. In 2009 we dominated crap teams and lost close to good teams. in 2010 we lost close to good teams but won tight against bad teams. It isnt helping that he kept jackasses around as coordinators just because they gave him an assistant job 15 years ago and he is afraid to confront them when they are ******* up royally. Like I will reserve my judgment on him but who couldnt coach the ravens to a playoff birth? We are as talented across the board as any team in the NFL.

Raiderz4Life
11-12-2011, 02:10 AM
If he doesn't get Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and Haloti Ngata a...Imma be mad!! lol I've really grown to like the Ravens...quite a bit actually and would be a shame if they can't do it this year. The door is wide open.

49ersfan_87
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Updated Playoff Picture post Week 10

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2d42c/article/playoff-picture-2011

AFC

1. Texans
2. Steelers
3. Patriots
4. Raiders
5. Ravens
6. Bengals

In the hunt: Jets, Bills, Titans, Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs

My thoughts: Looks like the Texans won't maintain their #1 seed with Schaub out for a while. I still think they will make the playoffs, but more likely a one and done than a possible SB contender with Schaub. I think PIT ends up with the #1 seed.

NFC

1. Packers
2. 49ers
3. Saints
4. Giants
5. Lions
6. Bears

In the hunt: Cowboys, Falcons

My thoughts: Looks much more clearer than the AFC picture. Ultimately i think both the Giants/Cowboys make the playoffs, and Detroit and Atlanta will miss it. Detroit has started slumping lately and their upcoming schedule is tough (GB X2, NO).

JBCX
11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
The only teams that matter in the NFC are the Packers, 49ers, Cowboys, and Giants. One of those teams is going to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

The only teams that matter in the AFC are the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Jets. One of those teams is going to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

FlyingElvis
11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
I think y'all are selling the Texans short. Wade has that D playing tremendous (which shouldn't surprise anybody, tbh) and their offense can run on anyone.

AntoinCD
11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
The Texans are pretty much the best or second best defense in the NFL(I know...weird right???) in all important categories-points, total yardage given up etc.

They have undoubtedly the best 1-2 punch at RB.

They have a good passing attack which will be strengthened when AJ comes back to full health.

They have the most balanced offense(unless Schaub doesn't come back) and the most balanced defense. This team will be hard to beat by anyone.

JBCX
11-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I think y'all are selling the Texans short. Wade has that D playing tremendous (which shouldn't surprise anybody, tbh) and their offense can run on anyone.

I thought the Texans could make a serious playoff run, but if Schaub is out for an extended period of time, I'm skeptical.

FlyingElvis
11-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I think they're playoff run will definitely be tough without Schaub. I could see them winning a home game by running the ball down the throat of some AFC teams, though. If they lock up a bye week it's a whole lot more likely they go one-and-done. But their D & run game could control any team.

It sure sounds like (and has even been reported as) a lisfranc for Schaub which would be 6-8 weeks. There's a chance they get him back for the playoffs, either way.

49ersfan_87
11-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Updated Post Week 11. Official seedings from NFL.com

NFC

1. Packers
2. 49ers
3. Saints
4. Cowboys
5. Lions
6. Bears

In the hunt: Falcons, Giants

AFC

1. Patriots
2. Texans
3. Ravens
4. Raiders
5. Steelers
6. Bengals

In the hunt: Broncos, Titans, Jets, Bills

AFC playoff race looks much more interesting. I see Denver as a legit threat for the AFCW title with Oakland (KC and SD seem out of it). The Jets also will contend for the wildcard spot, and the Titans could content for the AFCS title depending on how Leinart responds.

Razor
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots went on to go 13-3 with their schedule, although Philly is going to be a tough game. That would mean a first round bye, which of course is great. Does anyone know whether teams has to have four consecutive days off during a bye in the playoffs?

jth1331
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Updated Post Week 11. Official seedings from NFL.com

NFC

1. Packers
2. 49ers
3. Saints
4. Cowboys
5. Lions
6. Bears

In the hunt: Falcons, Giants

Top 2 teams are basically locks.
I think New Orleans hangs on to win the South with the Cowboys winning the East.
Detroit I see rebounding and going back to their early season success, claiming one wild card spot.
Giants and Bears I see faltering, and Falcons swooping in to claim the last spot.

AFC

1. Patriots
2. Texans
3. Ravens
4. Raiders
5. Steelers
6. Bengals

In the hunt: Broncos, Titans, Jets, Bills

AFC playoff race looks much more interesting. I see Denver as a legit threat for the AFCW title with Oakland (KC and SD seem out of it). The Jets also will contend for the wildcard spot, and the Titans could content for the AFCS title depending on how Leinart responds.

I see no way possible the Texans lose their division. They have basically 2 1/2 game lead on the Titans and would need to also lose to the Jaguars or Colts. Don't see it happening.
Patriots have their division IMO. I also see Baltimore and Pittsburgh going to the playoffs, one division winner one wild card spot.
Bills are done for, and the Jets may be as well.
Interesting part is the West. Can San Diego make a late push? Can Denver come back from being 1-4 to win the West? Will Oakland hold on?
The last wild card spot could be anyone as well. To me, it will be between Cincy, Jets and Oakland/Denver.

scottyboy
11-22-2011, 09:41 AM
for the Giants, since we still play Dallas twice, we obviously have a shot. We need to beat the redskins and sweep or at the VERY worst split Dallas. I think we CAN beat the Saints and Jets. Don't see us beating the Packers. If we lose one to Dallas and to the packers, but win the others, that puts us at 10-6, which hopefully could get us in. But we'll see

Sloopy
11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
MMMM I think the Ravens get the #2 seed in the AFC, Houston has some games I could see them losing normally... much less without Schaub.

Baltimore goes 12-4_13-3 area gets the #1 or #2 seed, depends on how the Pats do

Ravens1991
11-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Ravens beat the Texans this year, how are they #2 and we are #3?

Sloopy
11-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I mean it would happen if they had the better record, I just don't see that happening. We have a shot at the #1 seed, we won't do any worse than the 2nd

Ravens1991
11-22-2011, 10:53 AM
I geuss it is because they have one more conference win. Looking at the rules I think if the Texans,Pats,Ravens win out the Ravens get the #1 seed because the Pats have 1 division loss and the Ravens have a head to head over Texans

BeerBaron
11-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Ravens beat the Texans this year, how are they #2 and we are #3?

Probably some ridiculous tiebreakers. Head to head matters for those two teams, but once you get other teams involved that may not have played either team, it starts getting screwy.

jth1331
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
You have 4 teams at 7-3 in the AFC.
First rule I believe is to go within a division, so Ravens > Steelers.
Next step is head to head amongst each of the 3 teams. Since no team has played both of the other 2 teams, we go to the next step.
Step 3 is best win loss % with games in conference. New England and Houston are both ahead of Baltimore in this department, 6-2 to 5-2.
Baltimore then is dropped to #3, for now.

49ersfan_87
12-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Thought i'd update this as things are heating up

NFC

1- Packers
2- 49ers
3- Saints
4- Giants
5- Lions (if Falcons win on MNF, they're the 5 due to tiebreaker)
6- Falcons

In the hunt: Cowboys, Bears

AFC

1- Patriots
2- Ravens
3- Texans
4- Broncos
5- Steelers
6- Bengals

In the hunt: Raiders, Titans, Jets

Not sure about all the playoff scenarios and who's in and out or what...but this is how it currently stands as of now in Week 16, before SNF and MNF

Ness
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I hope the Falcons or Lions take care of New Orleans if we get the bye.

BeerBaron
12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
I hope the Falcons or Lions take care of New Orleans if we get the bye.

I don't think the Falcons take care of New Orleans IN New Orleans. The Saints are animals at home and the Falcons pass defense is very meh at absolute best.

Ness
12-24-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't think the Falcons take care of New Orleans IN New Orleans. The Saints are animals at home and the Falcons pass defense is very meh at absolute best.

They always seem to play each other close though. New Orleans is due for a loss I think, and could falter Monday. I wouldn't be surprised that is.

49ersfan_87
12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Playoff parity rules again.

So far we have 5 new teams confirmed to make the playoffs- 49ers, Cowboys/Giants, and Lions in the NFC. Texans and Broncos/Raiders in the AFCW, possibly Bengals/Titans as the #6 seed too. What's notable is the amount of playoff droughts ending, so to speak.

49ers- 2002
Lions- 2002
Texans- never

Broncos- 2005
Raiders- 2002

The top 3 are confirmed, and one of Oakland/Denver will win the AFCW and make the playoffs after at least 6 years. If they both make it that'll be 5 teams making the playoffs after at least a 5+ year abscence. When's the last time that happened?

Brent
12-24-2011, 10:43 PM
The Niners have the Rams next week, and the Saints have to beat ATL and Carolina. NO does get both at home, but if the Saints win both and the Niners beat the Rams, the Niners still get the #2 seed. Of course, it would be nice for the Falcons to help us out so we can sit Gore next week.

Ness
12-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Playoff parity rules again.

So far we have 5 new teams confirmed to make the playoffs- 49ers, Cowboys/Giants, and Lions in the NFC. Texans and Broncos/Raiders in the AFCW, possibly Bengals/Titans as the #6 seed too. What's notable is the amount of playoff droughts ending, so to speak.

49ers- 2002
Lions- 2002
Texans- never

Broncos- 2005
Raiders- 2002

The top 3 are confirmed, and one of Oakland/Denver will win the AFCW and make the playoffs after at least 6 years. If they both make it that'll be 5 teams making the playoffs after at least a 5+ year abscence. When's the last time that happened?
Lions haven't made the playoffs since 1999.

Ness
12-25-2011, 12:09 AM
The Niners have the Rams next week, and the Saints have to beat ATL and Carolina. NO does get both at home, but if the Saints win both and the Niners beat the Rams, the Niners still get the #2 seed. Of course, it would be nice for the Falcons to help us out so we can sit Gore next week.

Agreed. It would be like having two bye weeks essentially.

LonghornsLegend
12-25-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm still trying to decide my SB pick between Baltimore/Pittsburgh vs New Orleans/GB.

Detroit is my big wild card in this whole thing because if Stafford & Calvin get going they are really tough to stop. If they had Best & Leshoure healthy to form a consistent ground game this team could beat anyone. Javhid Best puts points on the board from all over the place, losing him was huge.

Feel strongly the AFC will be 1 of those 2. NFC is a lot stronger, but NO lays an egg every so often. Sometimes in the playoffs, GB losing a game should help them in the long run IMO.

BeerBaron
12-25-2011, 12:23 AM
They couldn't technically be a Wildcard team, but my "wildcard" team would be the Giants still as long as they make the playoffs.

Would I be surprised if they went into round 1 and got their ass handed to them? No.

Would i be surprised if they ended up representing the NFC in the Superbowl? Also no.

Pretty sure that is the epitome of a true wildcard. Having no ******* idea what they may do.

Ness
12-25-2011, 12:38 AM
If the Lions meet New Orleans in the dome, that is going to be a good matchup. The Lions will be hungry for a W since they got their butts kicked last time they went there.

49ersfan_87
12-25-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm still trying to decide my SB pick between Baltimore/Pittsburgh vs New Orleans/GB.

Detroit is my big wild card in this whole thing because if Stafford & Calvin get going they are really tough to stop. If they had Best & Leshoure healthy to form a consistent ground game this team could beat anyone. Javhid Best puts points on the board from all over the place, losing him was huge.

Feel strongly the AFC will be 1 of those 2. NFC is a lot stronger, but NO lays an egg every so often. Sometimes in the playoffs, GB losing a game should help them in the long run IMO.

49ers vs Ravens is my SB pick. Harbowl 2 baby!

..Ok, my real pick is GB/NE. Could also see Pitt or BAL make it in the AFC. NFC, Besides GB i like SF, NO, and NYG/DAL...NFC has more quality teams that can pull off an upset and get hot at the right time. I don't trust the AFCW winner, Houston, or the #6 wildcard unless the Jets make it.

soybean
12-25-2011, 03:03 AM
mathematically we're still in it, and yes I would love to make it, but I don't think we deserve a playoff birth at all.

We got to 8 wins beating crappy teams and lost the real competition we had on our schedule including 2 losses to NE.

We also lost to the fighting Tebows.

I hope we make it but won't be too upset if we don't make it.

I just hope we can make proper personnel decisions in the off season including some more YOUNG, weapons.

boknows34
12-25-2011, 04:06 AM
The Texans are locked into the No. 3 seed and will host one of the following teams in the playoffs: Titans, Raiders, Bengals or Jets.

The Broncos clinch the AFC West with a win or a Raiders loss. The Raiders need a win and a Denver loss to win the division. If the Broncos win the division and the Jets, Bengals, Raiders, and Titans all finish 9-7, the Raiders would get the No. 6 playoff seed because of a superior strength of victory.

The Bengals clinch a wildcard with a win. If the Broncos win the AFC West, CIN/TEN finish 9-7 and NYJ/OAK are 8-8, the Bengals qualify by virtue of beating Tennessee in Week 9.

The Titans clinch a wildcard with: TEN/CIN/OAK at 9-7, the Jets at 8-8 and Denver winning the AFC West. OR... TEN/CIN/NYJ at 9-7 and the Raiders winning the AFC West.

The Jets clinch a wildcard berth with a win and the following scenario: The Bengals and Titans both lose + either the Raiders or Broncos lose. The 9-7 Jets would have a better conference record than the 9-7 Bengals.

scottyboy
12-25-2011, 09:07 AM
They couldn't technically be a Wildcard team, but my "wildcard" team would be the Giants still as long as they make the playoffs.

Would I be surprised if they went into round 1 and got their ass handed to them? No.

Would i be surprised if they ended up representing the NFC in the Superbowl? Also no.

Pretty sure that is the epitome of a true wildcard. Having no ******* idea what they may do.

yeah, kinda this. it's why when you announce your Giants fandom...you get a free defibrillator.every game and season is a god damn heart attack

A Perfect Score
12-25-2011, 09:31 AM

If that's the case, then the Ravens are the Giants of the AFC. I have absolutely no idea what we're going to do come playoff time. It wouldn't shock me entirely if we came out and lost to like, Oakland. But I also wouldn't be shocked if we stomped Pittsburgh at home. We've a pretty bad tendency to play to our competition.

Rosebud
12-25-2011, 09:47 AM

MYtjpIwamos

JBCX
12-25-2011, 10:29 AM

They're quite possibly the worst team in the NFC playoffs (that's assuming they can even get by the Cowboys in Week 17). How could they get to the Super Bowl with no running game and one of the worst defenses in the NFL?

scottyboy
12-25-2011, 10:38 AM
They're quite possibly the worst team in the NFC playoffs (that's assuming they can even get by the Cowboys in Week 17). How could they get to the Super Bowl with no running game and one of the worst defenses in the NFL?

probably the same way we beat the patriots and stuck with the packers all game...

the giants are so up and down they can beat, and lose to, literally anybody and you're just being ign'ant if you don't realize that

boknows34
12-25-2011, 03:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
New England clinches homefield advantage throughout AFC playoffs:
1) NE win or tie
2) BAL loss or tie + PIT loss or tie

BALTIMORE RAVENS
Baltimore clinches AFC North Division and a first-round bye:
1) BAL win
2) BAL tie + PIT loss or tie
3) PIT loss
Baltimore clinches homefield advantage throughout AFC playoffs:
1) BAL win + NE loss

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Pittsburgh clinches AFC North Division and a first-round bye:
1) PIT win + BAL loss or tie
2) PIT tie + BAL loss
Pittsburgh clinches homefield advantage throughout AFC playoffs:
1) PIT win + BAL loss or tie + NE loss

DENVER BRONCOS
Denver clinches AFC West Division:
1) DEN win
2) DEN tie + OAK loss or tie
3) OAK loss

OAKLAND RAIDERS
Oakland clinches AFC West Division:
1) OAK win + DEN loss or tie
2) OAK tie + DEN loss
Oakland clinches a wild card spot:
1) OAK win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie
2) OAK win + CIN loss + NYJ win

CINCINNATI BENGALS
Cincinnati clinches a wild card spot:
1) CIN win or tie
2) NYJ loss or tie + OAK loss or tie
3) NYJ loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

NEW YORK JETS
NY Jets clinch a wild card spot:
1) NYJ win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie + OAK loss or tie
2) NYJ win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie + DEN loss or tie

TENNESSEE TITANS
Tennessee clinches a wild card spot:
1) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ win + OAK loss or tie
2) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ win + DEN loss or tie
3) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ loss or tie + OAK win + DEN win

BeerBaron
12-25-2011, 04:29 PM

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48652

Now go back to lala land and let me have my slightly more realistic projection.

RaiderNation
12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I think Oakland has a really solid chance at getting into the post season, whether it be as the division winner or wild card. If Tebow plays like he did against the Bills the Broncos will lose to the Chiefs. Orton will want revenge and I could see a big day for the KC offense.

The Raiders will likely play a Charger team with a new coach with Norv Turner likely to be fired Monday. The Chargers are out of the play race now and they will need to clean house this off season. Darren McFadden and Jacoby have a chance to play this week, which will only help this offense play better. Our return game really needs Ford, and getting a talent like McFadden to finally play with Carson Palmer for the first time will really improve this team.

49ersfan_87
12-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Packers locked up the #1 seed and homefield advantage in the NFC.

Bears are now officially eliminated from the playoffs.

AFAIK, 5 of the 6 teams in the NFC are confirmed. Whoever wins the DAL/NYG contest wins the NFCE, loser is out. Other than that, all that's left to be determined is playoff seeding.

JBCX
12-25-2011, 11:01 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48652

Now go back to lala land and let me have my slightly more realistic projection.

How about this for a realistic projection: Neither the Bears nor the Giants will win a single playoff game this year. Called it midseason when both teams were red-hot and fans of each team were talking about making playoff runs.

One down, one to go.

Bulldogs
12-25-2011, 11:03 PM
How about this for a realistic projection: Neither the Bears nor the Giants will win a single playoff game this year. Called it midseason when both teams were red-hot and fans of each team were talking about making playoff runs.

One down, one to go.

Take it to your crappy predictions thread, you've been wrong far more often than you've been right. I'll be rooting for the Giants next week. I think they'll be an easier win than the Cowboys.

yo123
12-25-2011, 11:07 PM

One down, one to go.

You could be right about everything for the rest of your life and it wouldn't make up for predicting the Redskins in the Super Bowl.

JBCX
12-25-2011, 11:08 PM
You could be right about everything for the rest of your life and it wouldn't make up for predicting the Redskins in the Super Bowl.

They'll be a legit contender if they get a decent QB.

yo123
12-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Even if that were true they didn't have one when you made that prediction.

Sorry, that doesn't help.

Rosebud
12-26-2011, 09:41 AM

One down, one to go.

Stop lying. No Giants fan was talking about making a deep playoff run this year. Just because you make up a strawman doesn't make that strawman actually exist outside of your mind.

Scotty D
12-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Can anyone help me out with who it looks like the Lions play? Or the scenarios?

sbh15
12-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Can anyone help me out with who it looks like the Lions play? Or the scenarios?

if the lions lose the falcons and 49ers win, they play the saints
if the lions and 49ers lose and the falcons and saints win, they play the 49ers

if the falcons lose, they play the nfc east champ
if they win, they play the nfc east champ

Scotty D
12-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks, I definitely want to play the NFC East champs. No West Coast or Saints in the Dome. Plus the winner will be coming off playing a huge game and could be set for coming out flat.

Rosebud
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
The NFC makes me sad. If the giants get in we get the Falcons or Lions, to winnable games. If the Saints get upset again in the wildcard round that means a re-match against the 9ers and that's about as manageable of a road to the NFCCG as you can have. I really wish our DC weren't ******** so that we could actually have some hope of getting on a roll and going that far. :'(

JBCX
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM
If the Lions win this week, they get the #5 seed and end up playing the NFC East champ, right?

Giantsfan1080
12-27-2011, 11:57 AM
If the Lions win this week, they get the #5 seed and end up playing the NFC East champ, right?

That is correct.

K Train
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
So cincy wins and they are in correct? Steelers beat the browns and the bengals beat the ravens>>>>>>>>>>>>anything santa could have brought me

ATLDirtyBirds
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Please go all out Packers. Please. I don't want to relive last night in two weeks.

BeerBaron
12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Please go all out Packers. Please. I don't want to relive last night in two weeks.

Yeah, they have a few key guys recovering from injury and aren't going to risk anyone else. So unless Matt Flynn can beat the Lions, I think you're SOL.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, they have a few key guys recovering from injury and aren't going to risk anyone else. So unless Matt Flynn can beat the Lions, I think you're SOL.

I'm well aware. This is why I beg. BEG.

A Perfect Score
12-27-2011, 02:33 PM
So cincy wins and they are in correct? Steelers beat the browns and the bengals beat the ravens>>>>>>>>>>>>anything santa could have brought me

Well the Bengals won't beat the Ravens, that's crazy talk. Their defense is all beat to hell and we're fighting for homefield and a bye. Goodnight Bungles, try again next season.

K Train
12-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Well the Bengals won't beat the Ravens, that's crazy talk. Their defense is all beat to hell and we're fighting for homefield and a bye. Goodnight Bungles, try again next season.

bengals/ravens is USUALLY a pretty good game regardless of how terrible or how good either team is. ill remain hopeful, the bengals have the desperation the steelers need them to have in this matchup

49ersfan_87
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, except for the Cowboys/Giants game, it's all set

AFC

1- Patriots (13-3)
2- Ravens (12-4)
3- Texans (10-6)
4- Broncos (8-8)
5- Steelers (12-4)
6- Bengals (9-7)

Wild card week matchups

Bengals @ Texans
Steelers @ Broncos

NFC

1- Packers (15-1)
2- 49ers (13-3)
3- Saints (13-3)
4- Giants/Cowboys (9-7)
5- Falcons (10-6)
6- Lions (10-6)

Wildcard week matchups

Falcons @ Giants/Cowboys
Lions @ Saints

49ersfan_87
01-01-2012, 09:01 PM
6 new playoff teams this year, keeping alive a streak of i believe of around 15 years with at least 5 new playoff teams each year

AFC newcomers

Broncos (First playoff appearance since 2005)
Texans (First playoff appearance ever)
Bengals (First playoff appearance since 2009)

Teams who made it in 2010 and missed this year- Chiefs, Colts, Jets

NFC newcomers

49ers (First playoff appearance since 2002)
Lions (First playoff appearance since 1999)
Giants/Cowboys

Teams who made it in 2010 and missed this year- Eagles, Bears, Seahawks