PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay claims Albert Haynesworth

JBCX
11-09-2011, 03:38 PM
That's right - your Tampa Bay Bucs have officially claimed Fat Albert off the waiver wires:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/09/bucs-claim-albert-haynesworth-off-waivers/#comments

Kind of shocker. I know they want to replace Gerald McCoy, but Haynesworth just doesn't seem to fit that locker room culture. At least he'll be playhing in a traditional 4-3 for once. I think that their defensive scheme (Tampa-2) will fit him better than the 3-4 schemes he has been playing in the past two years.

FlyingElvis
11-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Seems like a smart move with their need and his cost, but he's go no heart and gives minimal effort.

V.I.P
11-09-2011, 04:12 PM
So what happened to the youth movement? This move tells me that Raheem and Dominik are panicking.......Maybe they are starting to realize that they should have sprinkled in some veterans to go a long with this 'yungry' team.....Now we get stuck with Fat Albert.....wow, disregard respected veterans and acquire fat, lazy, trouble maker......

The most undisciplined team in the league just acquired the most undisciplined player.

Jvig43
11-09-2011, 04:13 PM
So disappointing he didn't work out for us, but thats the way our moves have been going the last few years.

Caddy
11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
So what happened to the youth movement? This move tells me that Raheem and Dominik are panicking.......Maybe they are starting to realize that they should have sprinkled in some veterans to go a long with this 'yungry' team.....Now we get stuck with Fat Albert.....wow, disregard respected veterans and acquire fat, lazy, trouble maker......

The most undisciplined team in the league just acquired the most undisciplined player.

This is a bit silly. Picking up one older guy doesn't mean we are 'panicking'. One of our best defensive guys is out for the season so why not give Fat Albert a shot. And like you said, his lack of discipline is a perfect fit!

ElectricEye
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
He was still able to burst through opposing offensive lines easily for the one play a game he could motivate himself to do so. He got in a major fight with one of the position coaches and was apparently a problem in the locker room as well. If you can motivate him and use him in situations where he thinks it's worth trying, you could get something. Easier said than done though.

bucfan12
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
It's called picking up the best DT out there on the market. Seriously, what was John McCargo going to do? He's not even better than Roy Miller, which is sad.

Honestly, it's a low risk high reward in my opinion. Haynesworth has had the most success in the 4-3 scheme that the Bucs currently run. We'll see if his poor play the past year and a half is scheme wise, but still an upgrade over Roy Miller, who would be starting in his place.

thenewfeature06
11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Not a surprise..SOME1 was going to sign him and with Mccoy going down for the Bucs, a team that is sorta in contention, they are just hoping it works out.

the new jesus
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I would not pay this guy $1 to sign. Is this the type of player a contributor on a championship team? No. So don't waste your time on him.

FUNBUNCHER
11-09-2011, 05:06 PM
At this point he's a rotational guy. AH has no desire to do anything other than collect a paycheck. He's perfectly okay with being a 2nd stringer. If he's not asked to play a gap and is allowed to chase the ball at the snap, Haynseworth is good for about 30 plays a game.
Most Redskins fans could have told you the All Pro from Tennessee was done 2+ seasons ago.

Thanks for the 5th rounder, Mr. Bill.

Breed
11-09-2011, 05:15 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/haynesworth.gif

The Alex
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM

When they analyzed that play live on ESPN following the game, Matt Millen dropped the n-bomb when referring to Vick. I'm not kidding.

yo123
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
People overuse the term low risk high reward. Haynesworth hasn't given a **** in 3 years now and there is no reason to believe he will now. It's low risk low reward.

V.I.P
11-09-2011, 09:29 PM

I don't know what's funnier... Fat Al being lazy, or Vick's pump fake attempt?

When they analyzed that play live on ESPN following the game, Matt Millen dropped the n-bomb when referring to Vick. I'm not kidding.
r6kzy_ZyaoY

descendency
11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Low cost, high need, high talent, low risk

I think it's worth a shot.

phlysac
11-09-2011, 10:13 PM
r6kzy_ZyaoY

I'm pretty sure Steve Young saying "Figures" at the end of Millen's comment makes people think he said the N-word. I don't believe he did.

shane_man
11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I wonder whether anyone is offering odds on him making 10 sacks before the end of the season.

descendency
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM
I wish someone had a gif of Davis Dehl throwing him to the ground one handed.

Da-Phins
11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Bad move IMO. Of course some Bucs fan will support it cause its there team but they would be better off without a guy who doesnt give a damn anymore. Give the roster spot to someone who does. The Pats couldnt motivate him and get the best out of him so what makes anyone think the Bucs can?

Rosebud
11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
I would not pay this guy $1 to sign. Is this the type of player a contributor on a championship team? No. So don't waste your time on him.

*shrug* you could do worse for a 5th DT who comes in only when you need a big goal line stand and then once he's made his impact play get him the **** off the field...

MetSox17
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
People overuse the term low risk high reward. Haynesworth hasn't given a **** in 3 years now and there is no reason to believe he will now. It's low risk low reward.

This, 10x over. People still thinking they might get the old Haynesworth are smoking something that i want some of. It's not gonna happen, he gets abused the majority of the time he's on the field because he just doesn't give a **** about putting in the work it takes to be a good football player anymore. If you wanna stick him at the end of your bench, go right ahead, but quit saying it's a move that has a potentially high reward, because it doesn't. Haynesworth has shown his ceiling the past three seasons, and it's pretty damn low.

yodabear
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
That's right - your Tampa Bay Bucs have officially claimed Fat Albert off the waiver wires:

IMgqIEyPqGY

V.I.P
11-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Al Haynesworth: "Iím excited. This is where I should have been like 3 yrs ago. I think all good things come to somebody who waits." #Bucs

Maybe all he needed was a young black head coach?

descendency
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Funniest thing I've EVER read. Ever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/10/haynesworth-i-just-wanted-to-play-more/

Here’s what Albert Haynesworth had to say in early September after joining the Patriots.

“If God forbid, I got cut from this team, I know I could go out there and play for another team,” Haynesworth said via the Boston Herald. “But, I feel like this is going to be the last place I’m going to play. If it doesn’t work out here, I’m not going to play anywhere else.”

So, yeah. Haynesworth is generally full of it when speaking to the media. He also said New England was a “career-saving place” in part because they would keep him fresh by rotating him more.

So why is Haynesworth no longer on the Patriots?

“Coach [Bill] Belichick is a great guy and it’s a great system, but I just wanted to play more,” Haynesworth said Thursday, via ESPNBoston.com. “I wanted to practice more, get more reps and the more plays I got the better I would get. I just wasn’t getting a lot of reps, so they made the decision and let me go.”

What? Haynesworth acts like it was his decision to leave. The idea that it was somehow because he wanted more practice reps is a joke.

Haynesworth also denied giving up against the Giants.

“To me, any time you’re on the football field you’ve got another guy trying to knock your head off. You’re not going to play? That’s just not me,” Haynesworth said. “That’s why I always play hard because I’m my kids role model and I just want to fight and to show them to always keep fighting no matter what it is.”

So the takeaway here is Haynesworth wants to work harder and remain a role model. Got it.

----

Here’s what Albert Haynesworth had to say in early September after joining the Patriots.

“If God forbid, I got cut from this team, I know I could go out there and play for another team,” Haynesworth said via the Boston Herald. “But, I feel like this is going to be the last place I’m going to play. If it doesn’t work out here, I’m not going to play anywhere else.”

Good luck with him.

MidwestJimmy
11-10-2011, 02:49 PM

What does that have to do with anything (especially the black part)? Do you mean a young coach will cave and take his crap, unlike an older coach like Belichick? Albert may like that, but it will hurt the Buccaneers in the long run.

lowlife
11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll be surprised if he isn't cut in the next few weeks.

Breed
11-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I'll be surprised if he isn't cut in the next few weeks.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that Albert dominated in the 4-3. Last few years in the 3-4 wasn't the real Al.

descendency
11-10-2011, 06:38 PM
A lot of people seem to be forgetting that Albert dominated in the 4-3. Last few years in the 3-4 wasn't the real Al.

He played in a 43 in NE and didn't give 2 shits. He was good on some plays and he was clearly taking others off.

FlyingElvis
11-11-2011, 08:34 AM

There's no question it's on Al. His effort sucks and then he cries about playing time despite the fact that his low PT is due entirely to his low effort.

Nobody has forgotten what he can do. The only thing that's been forgotten is the internal motivation required for him to do it.

lowlife
11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Isn't NE's system a 2 gap discipline? I'll see how he does in a one gap defense.

With McCoy gone and Okam injured, he's the 3rd DT (with Bowers coming in on pass rush sub packages) and will actually see a decent amount of snaps this week after a few days of practice (DOMINATION). Behind the abomination that is Roy Miller.

FlyingElvis
11-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Isn't NE's system a 2 gap discipline? I'll see how he does in a one gap defense.

With McCoy gone and Okam injured, he's the 3rd DT (with Bowers coming in on pass rush sub packages) and will actually see a decent amount of snaps this week after a few days of practice (DOMINATION). Behind the abomination that is Roy Miller.

Again, Al's ineffectiveness isn't about front, it's about Fat Al. He has no heart, no desire to work hard. He fails b/c he doesn't give the effort required to succeed. He will actually NOT see a decent amount of snaps because he's not even fit enough to handle a decent amount of snaps phyically.

It's still a good move by Tampa w/McCoy out but they simply won't get much b/c Al is (and has been for several years now) simply dressing to collect a pay check.

descendency
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
NE plays enough 1 gap that if Albert were having success as a 1 gap DT, he would have been kept. He just has no motivation. It's truly sad.

lowlife
11-12-2011, 10:40 AM
My point was not he'd play a bunch because he's BEAZT, but because he's literally the only backup at either DT spot.

V.I.P
11-12-2011, 11:08 AM
My point was not he'd play a bunch because he's BEAZT, but because he's literally the only backup at either DT spot.

Yeah i expect to see him a lot of Sunday, mostly due to us not having another defensive tackle. I don't know what to expect, since he looked beast in practice last couple of days... I think that's mainly because our o-line is inconsistent though.

Breed
11-13-2011, 07:42 PM

Once again i was correct, i am on a roll.

SolidGold
11-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Once again i was correct, i am on a roll.

They got destroyed and run over for 185 yds...he's a lazy turd man

V.I.P
11-13-2011, 08:25 PM

Because one player is suppose to fix the run D? He was stout in the middle, all the Texans long runs were on stretch plays, toss plays, and outside hand offs. Every time they ran it at Albert it was stuffed.

You can read about it at the link below:
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.php?/topic/12118-haynesworth-tried-to-talk-to-the-defense/

He finished the game with 5 tackles he also blocked an extra point, he had a QB hurry that could of been a sack, he was just flat out disruptive.

Here are some images to show you he wasn't lazy, kind of funny that when most of our team gave up in the 4th he was the only one still playing hard..

http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2011/11-November/_Q0B3608--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2011/11-November/111113_Texans_Bucs_MC_Web02--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Breed is still an idiot 99.9% of the time though.

Breed
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM

??????? He had a great performance don't put the blame on him for Tampa Bay having a terrible defense.

SolidGold
11-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Yea...what is this all about?

yo123
11-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Because one player is suppose to fix the run D? He was stout in the middle, all the Texans long runs were on stretch plays, toss plays, and outside hand offs. Every time they ran it at Albert it was stuffed.

You can read about it at the link below:
http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.php?/topic/12118-haynesworth-tried-to-talk-to-the-defense/

He finished the game with 5 tackles he also blocked an extra point, he had a QB hurry that could of been a sack, he was just flat out disruptive.

Here are some images to show you he wasn't lazy, kind of funny that when most of our team gave up in the 4th he was the only one still playing hard..

http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2011/11-November/_Q0B3608--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2011/11-November/111113_Texans_Bucs_MC_Web02--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Breed is still an idiot 99.9% of the time though.

Are you showing us still images to show us that he wasn't lazy? huh?

SolidGold
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I have nothing but disdain for Haynesworth. He came to Washington and got a huge paycheck and just stopped caring. I loved how Shannahan just ran him ragged in practice, played head games and embarrassed him because he deserved it.

Breed
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM

This made me lol

V.I.P
11-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Yea...what is this all about?

I guess i sorta did word it wrong. I didn't mean it in a racist way, like i meant a coach around his age that he can relate to. Kellen Winslow came out in the media and said, "I don't ever want to play for another coach again"... The players love playing for coach Raheem Morris that's all i meant.

ha, well i guess you had to watch the game.. But you can clearly see he was giving effort in those pictures. In Washington or New England he'd give up or start back pedaling right after engaging with the offensive linemen.

Caddy
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
VIP is right. Albert actually played ok...

TitanHope
11-13-2011, 09:09 PM

Schaub's face. :)

Breed
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
How come i can't get any credit? I called it....

Albert Haynesworth:

Will get the crown back from Ndamukong Suh, he will return to being the best interior D-linemen in the league. He will dominate in the Tampa 2 1 gap under tackle 3-tech role. A few greats years down there, and he is back in the Hall of Fame talk...

Complex
11-13-2011, 09:14 PM

Plus rep or negative rep which do you want?

Breed
11-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Plus rep or negative rep which do you want?

Can you give me plus 60k?

TitanHope
11-13-2011, 09:23 PM

Well, for one, Haynesworth isn't a 3-tech. He's a 350 lbs. NT. He just had great power and athleticism for his size, which allowed him to bust through double teams and pressure the QB, but playing in the 4-3 1-gap allowed him to utilize that ability whereas the 3-4 2-gapper didn't.

OzTitan
11-14-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm surprised he didn't have a great game. Albert used to dominate Schaub and was always taking shots at him pre and post game too, about his contract being too much, and how Sage Rosenfels was the real QB on the Texans at the time. Hard to argue then considering Sage did give the Titans fits.

He seemed to really hate the guy.

jsa230
11-14-2011, 02:26 AM
caught a little bit of the game. . fat Al surprised me and actually tried.

Breed
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Well, for one, Haynesworth isn't a 3-tech. He's a 350 lbs. NT. He just had great power and athleticism for his size, which allowed him to bust through double teams and pressure the QB, but playing in the 4-3 1-gap allowed him to utilize that ability whereas the 3-4 2-gapper didn't.

I assumed he'd play the 3-tech since he was Gerald McCoy's replacement. You don't replace a 3-tech with a nose tackle, am i right ?