PDA

View Full Version : BrownLeader November Mock 2 Rounds

Brown Leader
11-09-2011, 09:46 PM
"Slap shot Biaaaaatch!"

1. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Luck*/QB/Stanford:
Dolphins are still a sinking ship. But I think OC Daboll ought to keep his job.

2. Indianapolis Colts - Trent Richardson*/RB/Alabama:
I think they’ll get 1 and fall back behind the Dolphins. Richardson is a sure top ten talent and plays like a bigger Ray Rice to me. Colts haven’t had an Edgerrin James caliber back to pair with Peyton since taking the Miami back #4 overall. Richardson makes the most since for the Colts who will need to rely on the running game more as Manning enters the end of his career. Nick Foles or Ryan Lindley in the 4th to 6th round range would be good backups to develop if Manning can still play a few more seasons.

3. Seattle Seahawks - Matt Barkley*/QB/USC:
Actually thought Whitehurst could be the guy until week 7 against the Browns, ouch, then pulled the following week for Tavares. Ouch.

4. Arizona Cardinals - Matt Kalil*/OT/USC:
Cards will probably give Danny McBride one more season before seriously looking elsewhere.

5. Cleveland Browns – Ryan Tannehill /QB/ Texas A&M:
Before you say this is way too high for him, who thought Newton would go #1 at this time last year? Might not take him at #5 but I think RT would be the guy Holmgren targets as his next QB. Case can be made that Tannehill is a better or equal prospect to either Flacco (18), Gabbert (10), Ponder (12), Locker (8), Sanchez (5), or Freeman (17). Say what you will about that lot but the Browns haven’t even had a second tier caliber starter since the 80s. If last years draft doesn’t convince people it’s all about a guy’s skill set and upside, then nothing will. McCoy has regressed in what Shurmur calls an offense but was a longshot as the “guy” from the start. Reload.

6. St.Louis Rams - Jonathan Martin*/OT/Stanford:
Rams probably use their top ten pick to stabilize the offensive line for their money man.

7. Denver Broncos - Landry Jones* /QB/ Oklahoma:
Do Elway and the Broncos FO have the patience to wait on the Tebow? I think not.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Alshon Jeffery*/WR/South Carolina:
If there’s not a worthy top ten DE the Jags have to take a top flight WR. The diva in Blackmon and his off field incident last season might have the Jags looking to invest in Alshon instead. Many are down on him right now(as was I) but I now think Jeffrey will probably prepare well after the season and have stellar combine and workouts.

9. Minnesota Vikings - Riley Reiff*/OT/Iowa:
If there’s such a thing as a lock in November, this is it. Great run blocker and solid pass protector would fit right in on the Vikings.

10. Carolina Panthers – Justin Blackmon* /WR/ Oklahoma State:
The personality of Smitty and the skills of Greg Jennings, Blackmon would be a great fit in Carolina.

11. Washington Redskins – David DeCastro*/OG-C/Stanford:
Considered Griffen but there’s not a whole lot that separates him from Beckdom. Really. Beck is smart, accurate, decent armed, mobile and very inexperienced, and unless Shanahan was blowing smoke, they like him a lot. Obviously I’m not that enamored with RGIII, who might be shaping up as the biggest boom/bust prospect in this draft.

12. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK)- Vontaze Burfict*/LB/Arizona State:
Manny Lawson and Thomas Howard start at OLB and the injured Rivers has not lived up to expectations. Taze could make Mauluga expendable in the middle eventually if Rey doesn’t improve or prefers to party.

13. Tennessee Titans – Vince Curry /DE/ Marshall:
Titans rising defense could use a knock out artist upfront. Curry might end up as the best pass rushing prospect from this class when it’s all said and evaluated come April.

14. Kansas City Chiefs - Mike Adams /OT/ Ohio State:
Tempted to give KC a QB in round 1 but after drafting Stanzi last year and Cassell having his moments I’m thinking Pioli might hold off another season and see what develops. Adams looks like a sure first round OT that can play on either side and be very effective.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mo Claiborne* /CB/ LSU:
Not as high on Mo as everyone else after watching him get physically abused and twice left with his ankles broke against WVU’s little Stedman Bailey. I think his stock will drift down similar to Amukamara’s last year.

16. Philadelphia Eagles – Dontari Poe*/DT/Memphis:
The Eagles will need to rebuild the defense after this season and it starts upfront. Poe could also be a 5 tech if the Eagles bring in a 34 DC.

17. Dallas Cowboys – Robert Griffin* /QB/ Baylor:
If a raw, high upside QB like Griffen or Tannehill are available when the Cowboys are up, it’ll be really something to see what Jerry will do.

18. Buffalo Bills - Melvin Ingram /OLB-DE/ South Carolina:
Bills would be fortunate to land Ingram, the best hybrid prospect in the draft.

19. Chicago Bears – Quinton Coples/DE/North Carolina:
Coples stock is falling and he might need a huge off season to remain a top ten pick.

20. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK)- Alfonzo Dennard /CB/ Nebraska:
Dennard seems better suited to sticking with the small, fast Steeler WRs than Kirkpatrick.

21. Detroit Lions – Dre Kirkpatrick* /CB/ Alabama:
With the Lions offense, Dre wouldn’t need to be a consistent cover guy, just come up with big plays from time to time-perfect.

22. Cleveland Browns (ATL) - Michael Floyd /WR/ Notre Dame:
As much as a beast on the field as Floyd is, he’s a major risk off of it and it’ll cause his stock to drop similar to Dez Bryant’s.

23. Baltimore Ravens - T.J. McDonald* /S/ USC:
McDonald seems like a worthy successor to Reed/Lewis with his old school style and the Ravens signing of Pollard to a short term deal might be a sign they don’t see either Zib or Nakamura as answers in the secondary.

24. New England Patriots – Courtney Upshaw /DE/Alabama:
Better suited for a 43 front imo but still carries the versatility BB likes if he plans on going with a hybrid defense next season.

25. San Diego Chargers – Manti Te'o*/LB/Notre Dame:
Spikes is still doing it but next season will be his 15th. Chargers may put an emphasis on defending the run with DMac in Oakland and Fox in Denver…and likely Cowher or Gruden in Miami.

26. New York Giants - Devon Still /DT/ Penn State:
Giants starting to get pushed around on both sides of the ball. Losing Cofield has hurt more than they would have guessed.

27. New York Jets - Kelechi Osemele /OT-G/Iowa State:
Osemele is a big nasty run blocker who might be able to play RT as well.

28. San Francisco 49ers – Janoris Jenkins /CB/ North Alabama:
Off field risk could cause the other less talented CBs to get drafted before him.

29. New England Patriots (NO)– Zach Brown /OLB/ North Carolina:
Much speculation that the Pats will return full time to the 34 front next season but I can see BB continue to use both schemes in a hybrid defense.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers – Luke Kuechly* /LB/ Boston College:
It’s amazing the longevity the Steelers have got out of Farrior and Foote.

31. Houston Texans – Mark Barron* /S/ Alabama:
The Texans are starting Quinn and Daniel Manning at S.

32. Green Bay Packers – Ronnell Lewis* /LB/ Oklahoma:
Lewis might be better suited inside, where he’d be an upgrade over Hawk, or the Packers could work on his technique and make him a productive hydrid OLB. He shows raw burst around the edge and doesn’t stay blocked for long.

1. Miami Dolphins – Audie Cole /LB/ N.C. State:
Burnett has been an embarrassment. Cole could start inside or out.

2. Indianapolis Colts – Kevin Zeitler /OG/ Wisconson:
Shifting to a more run ready offense should help out Manning and a new starter down the road.

3. Seattle Seahawks – Lamar Miller* /RB/ Miami:
Seahawks are hurting when beast mode is off. Miller is a better change of pace guy then Forsett.

4. Philadelphia Eagles (ARI) – Alameda Ta’Amu /DT/ Washington:
Looks like overkill but Eagles achilles heel to a SB run is their run defense. And I don’t think they’ll give up on their young LBs yet.

5. Cleveland Browns – David Wilson* /RB/ Virginia Tech:
Not convinced Hillis won’t be back in Cleveland next season yet but either way Wilson is an ideal change of pace/homerun hitter who might be tough enough to be a full time starter.

6. St. Louis Rams – LaMichael James* /RB/ Oregon:
Rams became a relevant team once Steven Jackson got healthy. Running game is the key.

7. Denver Broncos – Brandon Thompson /DT/ Clemson:
Thompson is an all out effort type that will disrupt things inside as Miller flies off the edge.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Cam Johnson /DE/ Virginia:
Working back from injuries and might have an impressive off season to drive up his stock.

9. Minnesota Vikings - Mohamed Sanu* /WR/ Rutgers:
Great hands and size but speed concerns might keep him out of the first round.

10. Carolina Panthers – Jared Crick /DE/ Nebraska:
Inside outside disrupter who is a steal in the 2nd after his season ending injury will make him miss off season combine/workouts.

11. Washington Redskins – Dwight Jones /WR/ North Carolina:
Michael Jenkins type with more upside.

12. New England Patriots (OAK) - Kendall Wright /WR/Baylor:
Hearing the Pats need a big physical type but I think BB will stick with the formula. Oucho out, Smitty Jr in.

13. Tennessee Titans – Dwayne Allen* /TE/ Clemson:
Titans can’t wait on Cook forever and depth is a need here. Especially if Britt can’t make it all the way back.

14. Kansas City Chiefs – Shea McCellin /DE/ Boise State:
Houston last year but the Chiefs need an improved pass rush and McCellin is versatile enough to be moved inside if needed.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Peter Konz* /OC-G/ Wisconson:
Freeman is under too much inside pressure and running Blount is the key to their success. Plus Faine is getting old in there and never was a good run blocker.

16. Philadelphia Eagles – Zebrie Sanders /OT/ Florida State:
Upfront on both sides of the ball is to blame for the disappointing season.

17. Dallas Cowboys – Casey Heyward /CB/ Vanderbilt:
Figuring secondary help is needed.

18. Buffalo Bills – Jonathan Massaquoi* /OLB/ Troy:
Bills can afford to hit this position back to back.

19. Chicago Bears – Juron Criner /WR/ Arizona:
I think he’ll test faster than most people think. Haven’t heard his whole story yet but seems like the kind of guy you root for.

20. Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Polk /RB/ Washington:
Benson is a bad decision away from not playing football.

21. Detroit Lions – Lavonte David /OLB/ Nebraska:
David is like Durant and Hogue but better.

22. Atlanta Falcons – Doug Martin /RB/ Boise State:
Time to get an eventual replacement for Turner.

23. Baltimore Ravens – DeVier Posey /WR/ Ohio State:
I think Posey is going to be the star of post season workouts and recover his stock. 2 WR last draft but neither is a potential #1 guy.

24. New England Patriots – Justin Francis /DT/ Rutgers:
Sleeper guy here that I like a lot. Reminds me of a poor man’s Nick Fairley.

25. San Diego Chargers – Brandon Jenkins* /OLB/ Florida State:
Probably needs to test well to ensure a 2nd round selection.

26. New York Giants – Cordy Glenn /OG/ Georgia:
Inside man. Good movie.

27. New York Jets – Darius Flemming /OLB/ Notre Dame:
Flemming can rush, cover, and play the run, he just needs to test well and his stock will climb.

28. San Francisco 49ers – Ben Jones /OC/ Georgia:
Things are getting better but the inside protection was horrendous to start the season. J. Goodwin? really?

29. New Orleans Saints – Danny Trevathan /LB/ Kentucky:
Another sleeper guy that I think will see his stock climb. Reminds me of D’Qwell Jackson.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers – Senio Kelemente /OG/ Washington:
Steelers seem to always have weaknesses upfront but keep winning games. More help.

31. Houston Texans – Jarius Wright /WR/ Arkansas:
Expect Wright to blaze at workouts and be considered the top slot WR coming out.

32. Green Bay Packers – Donta Hightower* /LB/ Alabama:
Versatile guy who might help as a rusher or inside. Obviously I’m not a huge fan of A.J.Hawk.

SickwithIt1010
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Absolutely not.

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
A better Bears draft would be Floyd and Glenn

Rosebud
11-09-2011, 11:50 PM
The giants run D is terrible because they run a base nickel defense. Joseph, Canty, Bernard and Kennedy have actually been really good. It's Osi, Tolly, the occassional JPP screw up and the lack of linebackers on the field that make the giants so bad at stopping the run.

phlysac
11-10-2011, 12:10 AM
[SIZE="3"]28. San Francisco 49ers – Janoris Jenkins /CB/ North Alabama:
Off field risk could cause the other less talented CBs to get drafted before him.

28. San Francisco 49ers – Ben Jones /OC/ Georgia:
Things are getting better but the inside protection was horrendous to start the season. J. Goodwin? really?

No complaints. Give them Wright instead of Jones and it's pretty ideal.

StripedWalrus
11-10-2011, 01:56 AM
12. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK)- Vontaze Burfict*/LB/Arizona State:
Manny Lawson and Thomas Howard start at OLB and the injured Rivers has not lived up to expectations. Taze could make Mauluga expendable in the middle eventually if Rey doesn’t improve or prefers to party.

Howard has been an Above Average player all year. Likewise when Mauluga is not hurt he has also been very good. Lawson has been average. I dont see the Bengals taking LB in the first especially if the reason is that he "could" make someone else expendable in a few years.

Vaylor
11-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Zach Brown and Justin Francis are not fits for the Patriots scheme.

jared3
11-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I like Trent Richardson, but RBs can be had later in the draft. Colts draft Andrew Luck.

Paul
11-10-2011, 08:43 AM
[SIZE="3"]17. Dallas Cowboys – Robert Griffin* /QB/ Baylor:
If a raw, high upside QB like Griffen or Tannehill are available when the Cowboys are up, it’ll be really something to see what Jerry will do.

31g0YE61PLQ

Listen I love Griffin as a Prospect, but I'd much rather fill needs at G/C/CB

coordinator0
11-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Yes, those are amazingly horrible Ravens picks.

vidae
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Just a meh KC draft. OLB isn't really a need but QB/ILB and RT are. Adams is ok, but I would rather take Griffin if he's available.

Brown Leader
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Yes, those are amazingly horrible Ravens picks.

...How so?

ArkyRamsFan
11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
I like Jonathan Martin in the first for the Rams, but can't see taking a smaller scat back type in LaMichael James with people like Brandon Thompson or Konz on the board.

We will eventually need a replacement for Jackson but not right now and not somebody that small...

shylo3716
11-10-2011, 04:04 PM
16. Philadelphia Eagles – Dontari Poe*/DT/Memphis:
The Eagles will need to rebuild the defense after this season and it starts upfront. Poe could also be a 5 tech if the Eagles bring in a 34 DC.

4. Philadelphia Eagles (ARI) – Alameda Ta’Amu /DT/ Washington:
Looks like overkill but Eagles achilles heel to a SB run is their run defense. And I don’t think they’ll give up on their young LBs yet.

16. Philadelphia Eagles – Zebrie Sanders /OT/ Florida State:
Upfront on both sides of the ball is to blame for the disappointing season.

Not once but twice you projected a DT. If we needed a DT that bad we could have kept Bunkley. There is no way we pass on Te'o

coordinator0
11-10-2011, 09:17 PM
...How so?

McDonald isn't really that bad, but considering who else is left on the board and what our actual needs are we could do better with Te'o, Brown, Kuechly, Konz... you get the idea. Posey is just bad though. You're right that neither of the rookies we drafted last year have #1 potential but neither does Posey. We really don't need him and again you have us passing on guys that we could actually use (and have value at that pick) in Jones and Hightower. Glenn could also be a good pick but that depends on what happens with Grubbs in the offseason.

SickwithIt1010
11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Not once but twice you projected a DT. If we needed a DT that bad we could have kept Bunkley. There is no way we pass on Te'o

Or Kuechly....

...Id much rather have Kuechly than Te'o

SimonRath
11-10-2011, 11:35 PM
A ******* RB to the falcons?..

Pat Sims 90
11-11-2011, 01:08 AM
The Bengals have no need for a 1st round LB.

prock
11-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Reiff sin't top ten talent IMO.

thebow305
11-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Hightower instead of Cole in the 2nd please!

Brown Leader
11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Absolutely not.

I'm stuck on the idea that the Eagles will shift to a 34 defense next season.

stl9erfan
11-11-2011, 03:30 PM
LOVE the Janoris Jenkins pick... though I think it should be pointed out that the Niners brass has generally seemed to prefer bigger corners in recent years, so while I love the player, he might not be a great fit with what the team looks for.

And yeah, I think people are still overrating the Niners needs along the OL. If DeCastro is somehow there in the late first, he might be hard to pass up, especially given that Harbaugh coached him at Stanford. But other than that, I just don't think it's very likely that SF takes an OL in the first couple of rounds.

ETA: Nevermind, Jenkins is bigger than I thought. Excellent pick in the first round-- would be so ecstatic if he was still there when SF picks.

49erNation85
11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Solid sf draft, nice work.

nany2204
11-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I think people are still overrating the Niners needs along the OL.

virtual assistant (http://globolstaff.com)

shylo3716
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
9. Minnesota Vikings - Riley Reiff*/OT/Iowa:
If there’s such a thing as a lock in November, this is it. Great run blocker and solid pass protector would fit right in on the Vikings.

You really think OT is a locked in pick for them no matter what? I cannot see them passing on Blackmon with Harvin still being their #1 WR.

ChiFan24
11-12-2011, 04:14 PM
You spelled your name wrong.

Good Bears picks.

bearfan
11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
For Bears, give us Floyd and Glenn/L.David

TonyGfortheTD
11-13-2011, 12:15 AM
I'd say the Chiefs drafting Morris Claiborne is more likely to happen than a RT being drafted that early.

Brown Leader
11-13-2011, 12:29 AM
You really think OT is a locked in pick for them no matter what? I cannot see them passing on Blackmon with Harvin still being their #1 WR.

A real good WR is not going to affect the team as much as a real good lineman. Meh, maby things are changing with it becoming more of a passing league but Blackmon still has the diva/off field thing and this draft is chalk full of talented WRs.

Brown Leader
11-13-2011, 12:39 AM
I like Jonathan Martin in the first for the Rams, but can't see taking a smaller scat back type in LaMichael James with people like Brandon Thompson or Konz on the board.

We will eventually need a replacement for Jackson but not right now and not somebody that small...

Still want to pass up James after that Stanford game Arky? Two solid backs is becoming the standard and James looks like a more physical Jahvid Best to me. Not a replacement but kinda a firecracker for the offense.

ArkyRamsFan
11-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Still want to pass up James after that Stanford game Arky? Two solid backs is becoming the standard and James looks like a more physical Jahvid Best to me. Not a replacement but kinda a firecracker for the offense.

Yep, 'cuz who's gonna block for the little guy. OBTW the Rams just benched their center in favor of a career backup. That being said our OL has been even worse at the tackle spots all year.

So yeah, OL makes a lot of sense. Heh!! rebuilding the OL is about an annual event in St. Louis...Sob....Final score for tomorrow's game is 9 - 6. Not sure at this point who has the 9 but I am kinda looking forward to this game for some personal reasons (was born in Garfield Heights and still have family in Ohio + growing up all I ever heard about was Otto Graham and Jimmy Brown).

NTM it will be all but the final nail in Spags' coffin if his former pupil, Pat Shurmer- beats him.

Oh well, it's been that kind of year...sigh...come to think of it it's actually this way every year.

Here's to a good game tomorrow with no &@%^$ injuries!!