CMR#20
11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois
Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin
Case Keenum QB Houston
Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

These are the 6 best senior quarterbacks I have seen based on production. I feel like with the senior bowl and combine more about these 6 will be revealed in terms of strengths and weaknesses. I think we can all agree that Tannehill is #1 for now so rank the other 5 quarterbacks from 1 being the best to 5 being the worst while making your best case.

princefielder28
11-12-2011, 07:32 PM
of the six you have listed...

1. Kirk Cousins
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Chandler Harnish
4. Brandon Weeden
5. Russell Wilson
6. Case Keenum

Cousins hasn't been great this year but the Badger game showed what he can bring. He's a composed signal caller who has good pocket presence and works the short to intermediate routes well

Tannehill has tons of natural ability but given his lack experience and inconsistent play, he's going to be a project (kinda)

Harnish reminds me alot of Dan LeFevour in terms of his ability to make plays with his legs and he's a much better natural thrower of the ball, more arm strength too

Weeden is a gun slinger and I feel he benefits from the spread attack quite a bit, not sure how well he translates to the next level

Wilson has size concerns but he's mobile and throws a pretty good ball so he's got a shot in the pros

Keenum's arm is nothing and his abilities doesn't translate to much success

SolidGold
11-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M - raw but very good upside, intriguing physical tools
Nick Foles QB Arizona - Prototypical size, good arm, some question if he is a system QB
Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois - MAC QB, good arm strength, great running ability, good size
Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State - nothing exciting, solid but unspectacular, does everything well pretty good but does not wow in any one area
Ryan Lindley QB SDSU - strong arm, prototypical size, accuracy issues will hurt him
Case Keenum QB Houston - system QB as far as I can tell
Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin - size issues and dedication to football at the next level
Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State - Would be higher but he is old as a prospect.
Austin Davis Southern Miss - an under the radar guy, i think he will rise during the pre draft process

RaiderNation
11-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Ryan Tannehill
Nick Foles
Ryan Lindley
Kirk Cousins
Brandon Weeden
Chandler Harnish
Russell Wilson
Kellen Moore

SolidGold
11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
eeek i forgot about Foles

49erNation85
11-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Moore should be in your top 3 . Just an FYI .

phlysac
11-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Two of my favorite prospects are Weeden and Wilson. To bad one is old and the other is short.

keylime_5
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Loving the Harnish love. I think he'll be the 3rd or 4th senior QB drafted after Tannehill and Foles and maybe Cousins. Kid can ball and a lot of people here don't know who he is. The MAC can produce decent pro QBs we've seen.

Weeden is Chris Weinke part II and more of a system QB, Wilson is too small to be anything more than a backup in the pros. Keenum is a system QB without the pro tools to be anything at all. Ditto on Moore. Lindley is a statue who is erratic. Tannehill, Foles, Cousins, and Harnish are the only seniors with real potential IMO.

Big Bird
11-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Harnish has some Tony Romo to his game. I like him as a 4th Rounder.