PDA

View Full Version : Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

JohnCandy
11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I am wondering what people's opinions of Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu?

He looks to have exceptional size at 6'2" 220lbs and I like his hands and run after the catch ability.

I keep hearing that he only has average speed.

What is your NFL player comparison?

Where does he get drafted?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mohamed+Sanu+Connecticut+v+Rutgers+EoVlLnJ2E0wl.jp g

scottyboy
11-13-2011, 11:36 AM
he's probably the best player in the draft and should go number one overall.

thegreatone
11-13-2011, 11:38 AM
he's probably the best player in the draft and should go number one overall.
Go away u jerk

JohnCandy
11-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Who would you rather have between Mohamed Sanu and Dwight Jones from UNC?

scottyboy
11-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Go away u jerk

well that's interesting.

Sanu has exceptional hands, makes highlight reel catches on the reg. (see UNC game). He has an uncanny knack for getting open, despite being constantly double covered and having pretty awful QBs. He is literally carrying our offense. While he doesn't have that break away speed, he's quick enough. Big, strong guy, recruited as a safety. Good hands, unreal blocker for a WR. tough as nails and an unreal total athlete. Was punting better than our punters at camp, has a great arm (wildcat all year last year). As a pro comparison, I see him as a little more athletic Boldin. His route running could improve, but that's just youth I feel like. He's a first rounder. easy

BaLLiN
11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
he reminds me alot of dwayne bowe

Duffman57
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Could he be sort of similar to Hakeem Nicks? I haven't really seen him play, but the descriptions i've heard seem similar.

thegreatone
11-13-2011, 05:55 PM
well that's interesting.

Sanu has exceptional hands, makes highlight reel catches on the reg. (see UNC game). He has an uncanny knack for getting open, despite being constantly double covered and having pretty awful QBs. He is literally carrying our offense. While he doesn't have that break away speed, he's quick enough. Big, strong guy, recruited as a safety. Good hands, unreal blocker for a WR. tough as nails and an unreal total athlete. Was punting better than our punters at camp, has a great arm (wildcat all year last year). As a pro comparison, I see him as a little more athletic Boldin. His route running could improve, but that's just youth I feel like. He's a first rounder. easy
Doesn't sound like someone worthy of the #1 pick though.

scottyboy
11-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Doesn't sound like someone worthy of the #1 pick though.

you clearly don't know much about me or this place or something called hyperbole, do you?

thegreatone
11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
you clearly don't know much about me or this place or something called hyperbole, do you?
stop hurting my feelings

rawdawg
11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Sanu is a guy that will win in the 3-step game. He's big (6-2, 215), strong, and has the quickness to get open off of press coverage. Can shield defenders on slant passes. Has good hands to make plays in traffic. Former RB/wildcat QB who obviously can run after the catch and break tackles in the open field. Not a real deep threat, but can run the deep in that Martz likes to call at will (almost all of Williams' catches have come on this route). Reminds me of a bigger Percy Harvin or perhaps a taller Anquan Boldin. 94 catches for almost 1000 yards so far this year, broke Fitzgerald's Big East record for receptions in a season today, with 2 more games and a bowl game to go.

JohnCandy
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Is Mohamed Sanu worth a 1st round pick?

regoob2
11-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Is Mohamed Sanu worth a 1st round pick?Not for the Bears which is what youre asking but otherwise yes. He should be a very good slot / underneath receiver.

JohnCandy
11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Not for the Bears which is what youre asking but otherwise yes. He should be a very good slot / underneath receiver.

I think that he would be a nice pick up for the Bears in the late 1st round pick for a couple of reasons,

1. I think he is a safe pick and he does not have as many risks because of his versatility.

2. The Bears have tons of deep speed and need a player that can run slants and fades.

3. He is strong at the line and will not be jammed by the press man coverage of the Packers.

I think that a guy like Sanu is exactly what the Bears need.

scottyboy
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Absolutely worth a first rounder. no doubt about it. And he would fit in well with the packers. he can play the inside slot guy easily, but is also a force on the outside. Nicks is a good comparison, but I feel Sanu is an even better blocker, which would be awesome with Forte out in space and on screens and what not. And he is certainly not afraid to go over the middle and take hits...or deliver them

RaiderNation
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Really depends on how he worksouts if Sanu wants to be a 1st rounder. If he can run in the 4.4's I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots or Bears look at him at the end of the 1st. Also would be shocked if one of those teams trades up for Jeffery/Floyd depending on which one falls

jsa230
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Sanu's stock is going to rise and will end up as the 3 best wr behind blackmon and floyd.

Unbiased
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I like this guy but what's the reason for him having a long reception of only 32 yards? He had bad QBs in the past and still broke some long runs after the catch.

scottyboy
11-14-2011, 05:36 PM
I like this guy but what's the reason for him having a long reception of only 32 yards? He had bad QBs in the past and still broke some long runs after the catch.

Well his first year he had Savage who was just slinging the ball deep and everything. Last year was the god damn mother ******* **** **** **** balls wildcat. This year it's mainly because he's not asked to run deep. We're not targeting him deep and he's going mainly over the middle and screens and such. Our other WR's can't seem to do **** except run go routes, so Sanu does most of the dirty work. His catch and run, while he hasn't broke out that big play, is still pretty damn good. He doesn't have the break away speed, but he'll easily pick up a good 15 yards on a slant after running over a safety. He had an absolute vicious stiff arm against Army. He's a tough, powerful runner who CAN break big plays, but it's not his forte.

antwanboldin
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Hes pretty much a sure thing for what he is . Late 1st for sure

holt_bruce81
11-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Hes pretty much a sure thing for what he is . Late 1st for sure

What does that mean?

bengalbuck
11-21-2011, 12:46 AM
I think he is an intriguing option for the Bengals in the late 1st round to pair with AJ Green. That big-time physical possession WR is missing from the offense.

ellsy82
11-21-2011, 01:55 AM
I think that he would be a nice pick up for the Bears in the late 1st round pick for a couple of reasons,

1. I think he is a safe pick and he does not have as many risks because of his versatility.

2. The Bears have tons of deep speed and need a player that can run slants and fades.

3. He is strong at the line and will not be jammed by the press man coverage of the Packers.

I think that a guy like Sanu is exactly what the Bears need.

Very good, Candy...Very good.

norcalgsr
12-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I am wondering what people's opinions of Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu?

He looks to have exceptional size at 6'2" 220lbs and I like his hands and run after the catch ability.

I keep hearing that he only has average speed.

What is your NFL player comparison?

Where does he get drafted?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mohamed+Sanu+Connecticut+v+Rutgers+EoVlLnJ2E0wl.jp g

Closest comparison is Michael Crabtree. Very similar style and usage. Neither are "burners". They are roughly the same height and weight.

keylime_5
12-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Sanu's stock is going to rise and will end up as the 3 best wr behind blackmon and floyd.

not a big stretch to think so. jeffery is gonna drop like a rock b/c he's too big, and the only other guy I could see contending for 3rd WR drafted behind Blackmon and Floyd is Kendall Wright imo.

Sanu is one of those Crabtree, Bryant, Boldin, Greg Little possession types. Not a burner, but a guy who can get all the underneath stuff and get YAC.

scottyboy
12-02-2011, 06:35 PM
eh, he's more physical than crabtree i feel. Boldin/Nicks. He's an athletic possession guy who loves contact. He's lack of break away burner speed is what keeps him from being an elite prospect, but he's going to be an extremely solid/good WR in the NFL

holt_bruce81
12-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Eh, I'm not as high on him as other people are. He's got 4.6+ speed and body catches way to much for my liking. Kind of reminds me of Brandon Gibson. I wouldn't take him until the 3rd round.

SenorGato
12-03-2011, 01:44 AM
I think he'll be in the mold of TJ Houshmandzadeh as a pro...A solid non-elite WR...4th round sounds perfect, though if you like him the 3rd might not be crazy I guess.

rawdawg
12-03-2011, 07:39 AM
The last 2 posts I'm not understanding. Sanu is a legit 6'2, 215. Brandon Gibson measured at barely over 6' and 206. Gibson's never been particularly good after the catch. Also don't think Housh is a good comparison either. And his career was much better than what you should expect from a 4th rounder.

I think people try to size/speed match Sanu too much. I understand the Boldin comparison because Sanu is similarly physical. But everything I've seen shows me that he is going to be used the same way the Vikings are using Percy Harvin. Sanu is going to be used on WR screens to get him the ball in space, quick slants to get him the ball with a chance to break a tackle and a big play, and in the backfield to utilize his tough running ability. But unlike Harvin, he can be a legit threat on the outside on 10-12 yard outs and 7-10 yard comeback routes. He won't be used on kickoff returns though due to his lack of elite speed.

I think he's a legit 2nd round pick, with a chance for the first if he runs in the low 4.5s. I think he can go anywhere from the mid 20s to the same spot in the 2nd round (mid 50s). If I had to guess I'd say he'll get drafted in the area where Torrey Smith, Greg Little, and Randall Cobb went last year in the late 2nd, as WRs usually fall.

ManOverboard
01-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Have a source that tells me Sanu is "gone for sure."

Although this same source told me DeMarco Murray said he was gone in 2009, but he had a last second change of heart so we shall see.

nepg
01-03-2012, 06:02 AM
The guy's YPC is horrible, and that has historically been a very telling statistic for draft-eligible WRs. Guys with dog **** YPC in college don't do well in the NFL. It's the most important statistic for WR prospects.

rawdawg
01-03-2012, 06:40 AM
The guy's YPC is horrible, and that has historically been a very telling statistic for draft-eligible WRs. Guys with dog **** YPC in college don't do well in the NFL. It's the most important statistic for WR prospects.

Antonio Brown had a 10.5 ypc career in college. Guys like Nate Burleson, Earl Bennett, Wes Welker, and now Michael Floyd had final seasons under 11.5 ypc.

ManOverboard
01-03-2012, 07:04 AM

RU alum here. Watched every game of this kids college career and he was essentially the entire offense. He wasn't used as a deep threat whatsoever this season and last season they tried him in the wildcat and it just didn't work. That coupled with the fact that Rutgers offensive line last season was one of the worst I've ever seen at the college level, it's safe to say his NFL prospects weren't showcased whatsoever in college. Maybe you can point to his freshman year when he was used as a deep threat but that's about it.

ManOverboard
01-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Mo will announce at noon. My source is pretty valid and says he's gone. We shall see.

Giantsfan1080
01-03-2012, 07:21 AM
I said this in another thread but let's not forget that this is only Sanu's 2nd year as a WR. I don't count last year because he was hurt and we ran the Wildcat the whole year pretty much. He's as raw as they come and is still putting up fantastic numbers. The YPC isn't a real indicator of Sanu's ability.

The last 2 weeks I thought he would stay but I believe at 12 he's going to declare for the draft.

Giantsfan1080
01-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Sanu declared for the draft.

Shane P. Hallam
01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
UNC LB Terrell Manning declares per Joe Schad

Hurricanes25
01-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Just watch him play. With the way he was utilized, there wasn't too many opportunities to pick up YAC and he didn't run many deep routes so that's why the YPC is low. But I guess it's easier to look at the numbers and base your opinion on them.

ElectricEye
01-03-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't think he YPC tells the entire story, but with a guy who is built as solidly as he is and what kind of athlete he's supposed to be, he should be able to break through more tackles and just generally create bigger plays on a more consistent basis.

I don't think he has the upside to be a number one receiver in the NFL. With the amount of depth in the class and what he brings to table, I wouldn't take him in the first round. Looking at what's projected to be available right now in the third and fourth rounds, I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't pass on Sanu there and go for a Tommy Streeter or a Dwight Jones. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for.

ncst8fan83
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
UNC LB Terrell Manning declares per Joe Schad

Shut your ***** mouth.