PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Rouse, RB, Fresno State

jayceheathman
11-13-2011, 05:44 PM
What do you guys think of him? He is quickly becoming one of my favorite running backs out there. He reminds me a lot of Ray Rice. He is short but doesn't go down easily and is a good threat receiving the ball as well.

Duffman57
11-13-2011, 06:44 PM
I played against him in a scrimmage in HS a couple years in a row IIRC. But the dude is freakishly talented. Ever since i saw him run over 3 of our players on the same play for how small he is, i thought he was gonna be special. Needs to add a LOT of weight still if he's gonna be that "ray rice" type back, he's only 185.

jayceheathman
11-14-2011, 03:47 AM
I agree that he needs to add a lot of weight but he is really durable for his size. He has had over 200 rushes last year and already has like 230 this year. I watched him play on Saturday and he routinely did not go down with one defender on him. Right now he is probably more along the lines of a Darren Sproles type back but he has the talent to get up to be like Ray Rice as long as he can gain some weight like you said.

norcalgsr
12-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Really like the Ray Rice comp. Moves and cuts like him too.

How much would "ALOT" of weight be to you? Ray Rice was only 199 at the combine. But he's listed at 212 right now. Of course, playing at a heavier weight, his long speed isn't there anymore.

norcalgsr
02-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Watch these nasty cuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRh0IA7twc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h39vXmMSKto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk1jAWulZbs

Caulibflower
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
More like bigger Dexter McCluster. Runs more like a running back and less like a fast child.

norcalgsr
04-13-2012, 03:42 AM
l_0nQjfSw0A

y.f.s.
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm really thinking that this is the best back in this class (top 3 at the very least).

AntoinCD
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
I think he will find a nice role as a 3rd down back, especially early in his career. He seems actually pretty good in pass pro and has nice hands. I don't know if I would say he is shifty, he makes some nice cuts before the line of scrimmage but I would like to see him make more second level defenders miss. I think he's a solid 3-4 round guy. I also didn't see that extra gear needed to get to the outside

TACKLE
12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm really thinking that this is the best back in this class (top 3 at the very least).

As am I. Build and running style remind me a ton of Brian Westbrook..

norcalgsr
12-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I love him, but I see more Dion Lewis/Danny Woodhead type.

y.f.s.
12-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I dunno....Rouse is built pretty thick and runs with some power. Big legs, too.

SuperPacker
12-19-2012, 05:12 PM
kinda reminds me of lesean mccoy. on the right team he could definitely be more than a 3rd down back.

ConnSKINS26
12-19-2012, 09:55 PM
I really like Rouse, but he looks thinner than Ray Rice to me, doesn't seem to run as low to the ground as his squat frame would suggest. Or my eyes are playing tricks on me big time. Gonna watch some more.

scottyboy
12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
to be fair, ray rice was like 190-195 at Rutgers.

i like rouse, the rice comparisons are ok but he's not as good, obviously.

he's also no jawan jamison.

but srsly, ray rice is the best. he can be poor man ray rice

TACKLE
12-19-2012, 11:26 PM
he's also no jawan jamison.

true, he's better.

scottyboy
12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
true, he's better.

if JJ declares, he'll be the best back from this class. Book it.

TACKLE
12-19-2012, 11:49 PM
if JJ declares, he'll be the best back from this class. Book it.

Does that include the players who better athletes that are better at playing running back?

Sorry for the sass but you're doing it again.

scottyboy
12-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Does that include the players who better athletes that are better at playing running back?

Sorry for the sass but I you're doing it again.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jawan-jamison-spin-move-td-9-13-12.gif

i'm sorry, what were you saying?

dmoneyrockin
12-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Rouse is too small, and misses too many holes to have a lot of success at the NFL level. Ray Rice comps are outlandish. Rouse is about 5'6 180 to Rice's 5'9 215~ 205 coming out and much better long speed.

norcalgsr
12-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Rice was 206 his final year at Rutgers and trimmed down to 199 for the combine.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2008/02/ray_rice_shows_good_speed_at_t.html

Rice attributed the extra speed to his slimming down from 206 pounds to 199 while training at the Parisi Speed School in Fair Lawn.

norcalgsr
12-20-2012, 02:01 AM
I like Jamison too, but he's not Rice either. Closer to Brian Westbrook than Rouse is, though.

You guys want the real next Ray Rice, it's Branden Oliver.

fvjz5Le7Sy0

scottyboy
12-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Let's be real, there is no next ray rice. But rice was small his soph year. Not even 200 lbs.

Jj isn't the next rice either, I just like pimping him

Witten4HOF
12-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Let's be real, there is no next ray rice. But rice was small his soph year. Not even 200 lbs.

Jj isn't the next rice either, I just like pimping him

I really hope JJ stays, I don't know if I have tons of faith in Savon anymore.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Why no love for Zac Stacy? Seems like he's less than an afterthought around here. I really, really like him in that you-know-who mold.

Shane P. Hallam
12-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Why no love for Zac Stacy? Seems like he's less than an afterthought around here. I really, really like him in that you-know-who mold.

He's draftable for sure, just not extremely dynamic. I think Stacy is an underrated player and a nice #3 back who could develop into a complimentary player. Maybe in the right system he has a shot (a la Alfred Morris,) but I'd expect a similar draft range.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Really? I felt like he would be a nice addition in the 4th. Nice build, vision, hands, and pass pro. And Idk about his timed speed but he ran away from quite a few DBs in his career.

Sleeper pick! -edit- hes at least Kendal Hunter

Shane P. Hallam
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Really? I felt like he would be a nice addition in the 4th. Nice build, vision, hands, and pass pro. And Idk about his timed speed but he ran away from quite a few DBs in his career.

Sleeper pick! -edit- hes at least Kendal Hunter

Doesn't have nearly the foot quickness as Kendall Hunter IMO. Maybe if his triangle numbers are up to par, but it is a deep RB class and players will fall a bit.

scottyboy
12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Doesn't have nearly the foot quickness as Kendall Hunter IMO. Maybe if his triangle numbers are up to par, but it is a deep RB class and players will fall a bit.

It's deep, lots of complimentary players and RBBC guys, but not heavy at the top. Who do you think has the most star potential out of this class?

I hope you don't cop out and say Gio.

Shane P. Hallam
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
It's deep, lots of complimentary players and RBBC guys, but not heavy at the top. Who do you think has the most star potential out of this class?

I hope you don't cop out and say Gio.

I'm not a big Gio fan. He is basically Ryan Williams to me, injury history and all. I like Eddie Lacy a lot if he declares. A big bruiser with balance and the type of athletic ability to punish you for hitting him. Much more so than a Stepfan Taylor. I toss Le'Veon Bell in there too, though without the injury history. Just don't really see his upside as a 300 carry back.

I don't disagree, it isn't great at the top, but I think there are a number of backs who can be the "lead" back in an RBBC and have good careers. In no part. order Mike Gillislee, Montee Ball, Ray Graham, Knile Davis, Stepfon Taylor, Dennis Johnson. They all won't be that, but could in the right situation and blocking scheme.

As for other underclassmen, I like Jawan Jamison and Joseph Randle a lot too as do everything backs who, once again, need the right system but can excel. Apparently Cierre Wood is also close to declaring and he a lot of talent.

Heck, I didn't even mention Marcus Lattimore. Some real talent here if you need a RB and it won't require a high pick.

To get back on topic, I need to watch more of Rouse. Fresno is high on my list to watch during this winter break, but he sounds like the type of player I generally like at the RB position.