PDA

View Full Version : Mock with a Trade Up for Luck

bruschis4all
11-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm assuming GB beats Minny tonight. I think this is the order on non-playoff teams bases on last week's SOS. I'm just putting the playoff teams by seeding for now.

1 Indy to Washington - Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford . Give up their 1st and 2nd this year. Their 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. I don't think Barkley falls to Skins slot. Not crazy about Landry Jones and don't know enough about RG3 yet. That's why Skins do it. Tough pill to swallow for Skins. But, take your medicine son. You'll feel better in the long run.

2. Carolina - Matt Kalil - T- USC - BPA. J. Otah really beat up with knee issues. Slide J. Gross to RT. Matt gets to play with his bro. Keep the franchise Cam Newton healthy. And, believe me. This could be traded. I was tempted to trade this pick to Cleveland for both firsts. If Cleveland values Matt Barkley I think that trade gets done.

3. Miami - Matt Barkley - QB - USC Desperate at qb. May have to float Carolina a 2nd just for not trading that pick. Like Cleveland did when they drafted Kellen Winslow Jr.

4. St. Louis - Justin Blackmon - WR - OK ST. Let's get Bradford some weapons. Rams heydey in St. L was with Bruce/Holt combo.

5. Minnesota - Mo Claiborne - CB - LSU - I'm flexible here. Was considering J. Martin and Q. Coples. Shut down cb's don't grow on trees.

6. Wash to Indy - Trent Richardson - RB - Alabama - I'm assuming Manning wants to play another 3-4 years. And, the best way to keep him healthy will be with a strong running game. Trent will be great running that stretch play he used to with Edge. Have plenty of other picks now to rebuild roster.

7. Arizona - Jon Martin - T- Stanford - Have to give Kolb some more time and make it as easy as possible for him.

8. Cleveland - Robert Griffin 3 - QB - Baylor. Has a year or two behind Colt to develop. Will probably need it. RG3 should send Cam Newton a thank you note for helping him get selected this high.

9. Jacksonville - Alshon Jeffrey - WR - So Car - See St. Louis. Get B. Gabbert some weapons.

10. Philly - Vontaze Burfict - MLB - Ariz St - This team has a huge hole at MLB. Maybe Te'o here.

11. Seattle - Quentin Coples - DE - UNC - BPA at a position they could use help. Considered Landry Jones. They do have two fairly young qb's in T. Jackson and Whitehurst.

12. KC - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma - Good situation for Landry. Doesn't have to play right away. KC gets their qb of the future. Hopefully. Don't see a premier player worth taking instead of developmental qb

13. San Diego - Devon Still - DE - PSU - I see him as a two gap 5 tech de in their system. Oakland has been running the ball down their throats. They better figure a way to stop it. Considered Upshaw and Te'o.

14. Tampa Bay - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Bama - Ronde can't play forever. Talib didn't work out.

15. Denver - No freakin idea what this team is going to do. Seem to be building a pretty good defense. Have some edge rushers. Help that interior with Brandon Thompson - DT - Clemson. I'll listen to suggestions Broncos fans. 3-4 OR 4-3?? Wishbone next year?? OL not too bad. Have some wr's. Very hard to project here. I considered Zack Brown. But, you have Von Miller.

16. Tennessee - Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame Should make a pretty combo paired with Britt.

17. Atlanta to Cleveland - Zack Brown - OLB - UNC - BPA at a position they can use help. Don't value the rb's and wr's left high enough to pick here. Pretty sure they would consider a trade back here. Considering they did that a lot last year.

18. NY Jets - Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama - Need to pressure Tom Brady or he will eventually get you. I think you make playoffs and pick higher though Jets fans. Can't see 3 teams from AFC North making it.

19. Dallas - Alameda Ta'amu - NG - Washington - Helps keep blockers off their lb's. I also considered Te'o, Barron or McDonald, and Rieff. I have you guys winning the NFC East and picking higher though Poke fans.

20. Buffalo - Mantei Te'o - LB - Notre Dame - Bills need a lot of help on defense. OL good, Jackson/Spiller at rb, Fitzy extended, good wr's. Have to go defense right?

21. Oakland to Cincy - Alonzo Dennard - CB - Nebraska - Had them taking a cb before L. Hall got hurt last night. Maybe a little worried about Jenkins off the field issues. Really seem to be coming together as a team. I go safe here.

22. Cincy - Bengals in the playoffs if season ends today. And, could make it. Going to be tough though. I think Jets sneak in. Never been a Cedric Benson fan. I think Lamar Miller takes a lot of heat off of Dalton Gang if he declares. And, I think he will.

23. Detroit - David DeCastro - G - Stanford - These next 3 playoff teams get players who should have been drafted higher. But, the idiot who did the mock didn't slot them correctly...LOL

24. Chicago - Peter Konz - C - Wisonsin - Gotta keep Cutler upright.

25. NY Giants - Riley Rieff - T - Iowa - BPA

26. Baltimore - Dontae Hightower - LB - Bama Ravens like those defenders who can play multiple positions. Can use him inside/out. Eventually replaces Ray Ray in the middle.

27. New England - Vinny Curry - OLB/DE - Can get after the qb in either the 3-4 or 4-3.

28. No to New England - TJ McDonald - S - USC Need a safety who can play the ball when it's in the air. I like P. Chung but that's not his strength. I don't think the Bama guys are as good as a ballhawk as McDonald is.

29. Houston - Janoris Jenkins - CB - Considered DL here. Building a heckuva defense down there in Houston.

30. San Fran - Dwayne Allen - TE - Clemson - Just basing this off of his offenses at Stanford. I think he'd like to go with a two TE set with V. Davis. Worried about depth behind Gore. Don't have any rb's rated this high.

31 Pittsburgh - They always just draft the best damn player. That's why they're so good. Address the de with Hood and Heyward. I'm going with Luke Kuechly. Considered Mark Barron and Mike Adams.

32 GB - Super Bowl rematch. Dontari Poe - DL - Memphis. Considered J. Worthy, J. Crick, R. Lewis and a couple of defensive backs.

2ND ROUND

Indy - Muhammad Sanu - WR - Rutgers

Miami - Should give this to Carolina since I let you pick Barkley. But, I won't. Miami selects Chase Minnifield.

St. Louis - Mark Barron - S - Alabama

Minnesota - Mike Adams - T - Ohio St

Carolina - Jayron Hosley - CB - Va Tech

Arizona to Philly - Robert Lester - S - Alabama

Cleveland - Nick Toon - WR - Wisconsin

Jacksonville - Stephen Gilmore - CB - So. Carolina

Philly - Whitney Mercilus - DE - Illinois

Seattle - Jerel Worthy - DT - Michigan St

Wash to Indy - Melvin Ingram DE - So Carolina

SD - Ronnell Lewis - OLB - Oklahoma

TB - Cordy Glenn - OL - Georgia

Denver - Ryan Tanneyhill - QB - Texas A&M

KC Brandon Jenkins - OLB - Florida St

Atlanta - Casey Heyward - CB - Vanderbilt

NY Jets - Jeff Fuller - WR - Texas A&M

Dallas - Mike Brewster - C - Ohio ST

Buffalo - Jared Crick - DE - Nebraska

Tennessee - Nigel Bradham - OLB - Florida ST

Oakland to NE - Dwight Jones - WR- UNC

Cincy - Kelechi Osemele - OL - Iowa St

Detroit - Travis Lewis - OLB - Oklahoma

Chicago - Marvin McNutt - WR - Iowa

NY Giants - Markelle Martin - S - Oklahoma ST

Baltimore - Zerbie Sanders - T - Florida St

New England - Ben Jones - C- Georgia

New Orleans - Devin Taylor - DE - So Carolina

Houston - Josh Chapman - NG - Alabama

SF - Lemichael James - RB - Oregon

Pitt - Levy Adcock - T - Oklahoma ST

GB - Bruce Irvin - OLB - West Va

Curious what Colt/Skins fans think of proposed trade. And, if Cleveland fans want to trade up for Barkley. Other opinions welcome too of course.

holt_bruce81
11-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Love your first round pick for the Rams, not a huge fan of the 2nd rounder but it's not bad.

I don't think Landry Jones goes in the first round.

killxswitch
11-14-2011, 12:31 PM
A RB, WR, and DE would be a disaster for the Colts. A massive waste of the best draft slot since 1998. Team needs are:

QB

DT
SS
OL
CB

WR
LB

Special teams players

I grouped them in tiers of need, in descending order.

Also, it's Justin Blackmon, not Robert.

Vaylor
11-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow that is an excellent Patriots mock.

bruschis4all
11-14-2011, 12:38 PM
A RB, WR, and DE would be a disaster for the Colts. A massive waste of the best draft slot since 1998. Team needs are:

QB

DT
SS
OL
CB

WR
LB

Special teams players

I grouped them in tiers of need, in descending order.

Also, it's Justin Blackmon, not Robert.

You guys are getting their 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2013 don't forget. I wanted to help Manning right away. Not so sure you guys are going to keep Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis either. Robert Blackmon played hs ball not too far from here. WIlliamsport Pa. Always do that. He played at NC St.

49erNation85
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
solid sf mock.But would love to see a wr in second.

bruschis4all
11-14-2011, 12:55 PM

I like those Arkansas guys Wright and Adams. Definitely considered them. Would you pick Lamar Miller if he falls to your pick?

BaLLiN
11-14-2011, 12:57 PM
very interesting mock overall, I dont agree with the amount given up by the redskins for Luck, they aren't moving up that much, and although the draft value chart isn't really reliable anymore especially in a situation with a possible franchise QB, it cant be completely ignored. That is way too much.

As far as the giants picks, haven't seen much of Rieff but i know he was highly regarded in the preseason and last year. A safety in the second is probably not happening considering we have 4 that are all pretty good (Rolle, Phillips, Grant, and Sash is showing promise on ST). I hate to say it, but Jacobs is slow and although he's very unique with his size and power, he isnt what he used to be. LaMichael James might get consideration there.

killxswitch
11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
You guys are getting their 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2013 don't forget. I wanted to help Manning right away. Not so sure you guys are going to keep Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis either. Robert Blackmon played hs ball not too far from here. WIlliamsport Pa. Always do that. He played at NC St.

It's might vs. definitely though. The Colts MIGHT drop Wayne and/or Mathis. They DEFINITELY suck at DT and have for years. They DEFINITELY need better defensive backs. They DEFINITELY don't have a plan for QB, especially if Manning can't come back.

vidae
11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Solid KC mock. When you said there was a trade up for Luck I was hoping it was KC, but I'd take Jones. I'm not as high on him as some are, but anyone else QBing this team would be a godsend.

bruschis4all
11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
It's might vs. definitely though. The Colts MIGHT drop Wayne and/or Mathis. They DEFINITELY suck at DT and have for years. They DEFINITELY need better defensive backs. They DEFINITELY don't have a plan for QB, especially if Manning can't come back.

The whole point about trading the pick is giving Manning another 3-4 years. If you want a qb, you pick Luck. I don't see a DT worth being a top 10 pick. If you guys want your needs list here ya go.

1a Landry Jones
2a Jerel Worthy
2b Markell Martin

I think Richardson, Sanu and Ingram help you more over the next 3-4 years. It's not a matter of dropping Mathis and Wayne. They're free agents. It's up to them. You will be hard pressed to keep both if either.

abaddon41_80
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't see the 49ers making either of those picks. They already have Delanie Walker to back up Davis and Hunter and Dixon have both shown promise behind Gore, who they just locked up to a long-term contract anyway.

bruschis4all
11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Solid KC mock. When you said there was a trade up for Luck I was hoping it was KC, but I'd take Jones. I'm not as high on him as some are, but anyone else QBing this team would be a godsend.

Just heard Cassel out for the year. 5-11 looking likely for you guys. Tough schedule coming up. Would you give up a 1 and 2 this year. A 1, 2, and 3 next year?? That's what it's gonna cost ya. Hey Pioli, I got Shanahan on the other line. Deal or not? If I'm the Colts, I'd rather trade him to Washington. Because, they're probably going to suck next year and pick will be high. Chiefs might win 8-10 games next year.

jsa230
11-14-2011, 02:47 PM
This is just bad bad bad for the colts. If they trade the pick (they would have to be sure about PM health) they have to go D. Richardson could be Faulkesque in Indy's O, but they need some serious help on D. Not saying it won't happen, just if it did it would suck for the Colts.

jsa230
11-14-2011, 02:48 PM
im ok with the Packers draft.

prock
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Wonderful wonderful Vikings draft. Jizzzzzzzz

vidae
11-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Just heard Cassel out for the year. 5-11 looking likely for you guys. Tough schedule coming up. Would you give up a 1 and 2 this year. A 1, 2, and 3 next year?? That's what it's gonna cost ya. Hey Pioli, I got Shanahan on the other line. Deal or not? If I'm the Colts, I'd rather trade him to Washington. Because, they're probably going to suck next year and pick will be high. Chiefs might win 8-10 games next year.

I'd give that up at this point, yeah. I wouldn't think twice about it either.

bruschis4all
11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I'd give that up at this point, yeah. I wouldn't think twice about it either.

Got ya on the speed dial. Let's see where the Chiefs finish up. Earlier poster doesn't think I can get that from Washington. His NYG gave SD a 1, 2 and 1 to move from 4 to 1 to get Eli. Andrew Luck is a better prospect than Eli. And, Washington has to move up farther. And, there probably isn't going to be a good qb option at 6. I don't like Landry Jones and RG 3 as much as I did Rivers and Roethlisberger. Would you trade up for Barkley?

Still curious if any Browns fans trade up for Luck or even for Barkley.

Menardo75
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM

OMG do not listen to this, this 49er mock is awful. The 49ers in no way shape or form need a TE in the first round. They have the two most athletic in football on their team currently, and one of the best blocking TE's in football currently on IR. CB and S are the top priorities in the first round.

Second round is awful as well 49ers have NO need for a RB. They go WR or C G in the second round.

stl9erfan
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
In terms of needs, not a very great SF mock. You're right, Harbaugh does love multiple TE sets, and I've speculated that he might look at Coby Fleener as a value pick in the late second round... Fleener would make some sense because he adds a dimension of height that the other Niners TEs don't have really. But Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker are too good, in my mind, to justify taking a TE in the first. I think Sanu would be a better pick there, given that I'm not getting vibes that Braylon Edwards will be back next year. Alternatively, a CB would also be an option there.

As for the second round, RB is clearly not a need... but I still kind of like the pick. Love LaMichael James as a prospect and the thought of James+Gore+Hunter is just really, really exciting.

phlysac
11-14-2011, 08:24 PM
30. San Fran - Dwayne Allen - TE - Clemson - Just basing this off of his offenses at Stanford. I think he'd like to go with a two TE set with V. Davis. Worried about depth behind Gore. Don't have any rb's rated this high.

SF - Lemichael James - RB - Oregon
WhoooooWHAT??????

solid sf mock.
WhoooooWHAT??????

OMG do not listen to this, this 49er mock is awful. The 49ers in no way shape or form need a TE in the first round. They have the two most athletic in football on their team currently, and one of the best blocking TE's in football currently on IR. CB and S are the top priorities in the first round.

Second round is awful as well 49ers have NO need for a RB. They go WR or C G in the second round.
This, this, and more of this!!!!

Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham, and Konrad Reuland think that drafting a #2 TE is an All-time stupid idea.

Kendall Hunter and Anthony Dixon think that drafting "depth at RB" isn't a great idea, either.

OSUGiants17
11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
very interesting mock overall, I dont agree with the amount given up by the redskins for Luck, they aren't moving up that much, and although the draft value chart isn't really reliable anymore especially in a situation with a possible franchise QB, it cant be completely ignored. That is way too much.

As far as the giants picks, haven't seen much of Rieff but i know he was highly regarded in the preseason and last year. A safety in the second is probably not happening considering we have 4 that are all pretty good (Rolle, Phillips, Grant, and Sash is showing promise on ST). I hate to say it, but Jacobs is slow and although he's very unique with his size and power, he isnt what he used to be. LaMichael James might get consideration there.

I just hate how he says we are going BPA and passing up on Kuechly who is a need and great value there. And yea safety is far from a round 2 need. LaMichael, while I love him, isn't worth a 2nd rounder and we already have Ware and Scott(who IMO has showed promise and will be just as good as LaMichael). Devin Taylor actually wouldn't be a bad round 2 pick since we will most likely trade Osi.

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-14-2011, 11:43 PM
For the Bears I'd rather fo Reiff and Taylor

VernonLawson89
11-15-2011, 04:11 AM
HORRIBLE picks for SF

thebow305
11-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Barkley is great in the 1st, but we don't need another young CB, so Jeff Fuller would make more sense for the Phins in the 2nd.

Trogdor
11-20-2011, 07:16 AM
If DeCastro falls to Dallas they take him. NG is a position you can fill later in the draft and Dallas has a guy that can fill that spot even if they move Ratliff (Josh Brent).

indyfan1985
11-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Give the Colts SS Mark Barron and QB Ryan Tannehill in the 2nd and then I may be OK with that draft.