PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub has a "significant foot injury"

comahan
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Kubiak just mentioned it in his live presser. Matt will be seeing several doctors over the next week, but reports right now are that it's probably broken and he's out for the season.

He's not elite or anything, but we're dead without him. We're finally a solid football team, and this happens. Such bad luck.

soybean
11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
MATT LEINART TIME!!!! yeeeeeee boi!!!!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2005/12/medium_matt.jpg

Complex
11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
MATT LEINART TIME!!!! yeeeeeee boi!!!!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2005/12/medium_matt.jpg

About time I am actually excited to watch the texans besides they were going to anything in the playoffs. Schaub is a choke artist imo.

vidae
11-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Commie, we both lost our QBs for the year :( Yours is actually good though.. want to hug it out? :(

jsa230
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Any chance Leinart actually plays well?

soybean
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
he doesn't need to play well just manage. You have the two headed monster in the backfield.,

Complex
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
This puts the titans back in playoff contention.
Edit:NVM Foster and Tate will destroy us for like 300 yards again.

comahan
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
There's a chance I suppose. The scheme is certainly QB friendly, so never say never. But I certainly dont expect it. Schaub is/was perfect for this offense.

diabsoule
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Get Leinart for your fantasy team NOW!

jsa230
11-14-2011, 03:51 PM
No thank you, im happy with Skelton.

BloodBrother
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Schaub seems to go down with an injury every season

depends on how long he's out, but I think the Texans will manage. Might hurt their seeding a bit, but they have a good D and great run game. Just ride that out the last few weeks.

Complex
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Matt Leinart and Vince Young are probably going to start again in the same week.

comahan
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Schaub seems to go down with an injury every season

depends on how long he's out, but I think the Texans will manage. Might hurt their seeding a bit, but they have a good D and great run game. Just ride that out the last few weeks.

He's started and played 46 straight games for Houston.

soybean
11-14-2011, 03:59 PM

i was gonna say...

Smooth Criminal
11-14-2011, 04:02 PM
There's a shame. I would have said Houston is the best team in the AFC is someone asked today. Not without Schaub though.

BloodBrother
11-14-2011, 04:06 PM

haha, touche

BloodBrother
11-14-2011, 04:06 PM
There's a shame. I would have said Houston is the best team in the AFC is someone asked today. Not without Schaub though.

Who are you to doubt Matt Leinart

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Just go denver style and don't play with a quarterback! Get foster to handle snaps and have Tate lining up next to him. Foster is probably a better QB than Leinart anyway.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Get Leinart for your fantasy team NOW!

Great idea!! My two QBs at the moment are Sam Bradford and Rex Grossman so i dont have much to lose ;)

comahan
11-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Fun fact, Houston has NEVER had Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Owen Daniels, and Andre Johnson healthy at the same time.

Arian showed up last season, at which point Owen Daniels was ineffective due to his half-dead knee and bum hammy. This season begins with Owen finally back to 100%, and Arian goes out with a bad hammy of his own. As soon as Arian comes back, Andre goes down. Now, finally, in the last game that Andre is expected to miss, Matt Schaub goes down.

I'd really like to see what Houston could do when healthy.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I'd really like to see what Houston could do when healthy.

Peyton Manning will be back and they'll go back to being ****

Job Reborn
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
he doesn't need to play well just manage. You have the two headed monster in the backfield.,

I fully expect Arian Foster to lead the league in receptions and reception yards if checkdown artist Leinart starts the remainder of the season.

comahan
11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Peyton Manning will be back and they'll go back to being ****

Manning had very little to do with their shittiness over the last few seasons.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Lol Leinart and Bush must be the biggest pair of Busts ever to play in the NFL! My gran could run harder than he does and i think she could work harder than Leinart does. Shes dead btw.

Babylon
11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
They do have a week off and two if you count they play the Jaguars on the 27th. As long as guys arent on the IR i am hardly surprised if they play.

I'm actually amazed the way the Texans adjust to having key players hurt. I wouldnt have given them a prayer of doing anything with Andre Johnson and Mario Williams missing time with injuries.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
You know what they say. You're only as good as you're last playoff win...

soybean
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
^^ who the hell is this guy?

Saints-Tigers
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
In that case, Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFL!! 82%, that's how good he is right meow!

J-Mike88
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Matt Leinart will be guiding this Texan ship for the rest of the season most likely. Or, until he's also injured.

I was thinking about Leinart yesterday when looking at a potential Packers-49ers matchup, which would be Rodgers vs Alex Smith.

That 2005 Draft.

If you'll recall, Leinart was THE MAN at that time, coming off the Heisman trophy win and NCAA title. He was, like Luck would have been this year had he declared, the consensus #1 pick. I actually bet someone that he'd be coming out because who wouldn't if they were going to be the #1 overall pick.

Well I lost that bet.... I failed to account for the Playboy Mansion girls that Leinart was getting those days.... remember he was buds with Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees or nSYNC or one of those groups.

Behind Leinart was John David Booty, who then did well after Leinart left... then Mark Sanchez.... now we have Matt Barkley. Behind half of those guys, never starting a game at USC ever, was Matt Cassell, who has gotten a huge NFL contract in Kansas City, and who also got hurt yesterday to end his season.

Someone should research the 2006 NFL season. Matt Leinart, as a rookie NFL starter for Denny Green's Cardinals, actually did pretty well. At first. Then he regressed.

If Leinart is mentally prepared, he'll do okay for the Texans. But he could sure use Andre Johnson back now!

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
In that case, Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFL.

And Lynch is the greatest ever running back!

cvv84
11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Its official, Schaub is done for the season.

Brent
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/cotyan/matt_leinart.jpg
CHAMPIONSHIPS AND... maltipoos?

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Matt Leinart will be guiding this Texan ship for the rest of the season most likely. Or, until he's also injured.

I was thinking about Leinart yesterday when looking at a potential Packers-49ers matchup, which would be Rodgers vs Alex Smith.

That 2005 Draft.

If you'll recall, Leinart was THE MAN at that time, coming off the Heisman trophy win and NCAA title. He was, like Luck would have been this year had he declared, the consensus #1 pick. I actually bet someone that he'd be coming out because who wouldn't if they were going to be the #1 overall pick.

Well I lost that bet.... I failed to account for the Playboy Mansion girls that Leinart was getting those days.... remember he was buds with Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees or nSYNC or one of those groups.

Behind Leinart was John David Booty, who then did well after Leinart left... then Mark Sanchez.... now we have Matt Barkley. Behind half of those guys, never starting a game at USC ever, was Matt Cassell, who has gotten a huge NFL contract in Kansas City, and who also got hurt yesterday to end his season.

Someone should research the 2006 NFL season. Matt Leinart, as a rookie NFL starter for Denny Green's Cardinals, actually did pretty well. At first. Then he regressed.

If Leinart is mentally prepared, he'll do okay for the Texans. But he could sure use Andre Johnson back now!

Matt Cassel out for the season? I bet Kansas told him to get injured so they could suck for luck! They'll be good next year though. With Charles, Moeaki and Berry back i reckon they could be back in playoff contention!

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
^^ who the hell is this guy?

Whats the matter?

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Who should i take for my fantasy team? Grossman or Leinart? Dont ask me why i have to make that choice!

EDIT: Sorry for the triple post, i get carried away.

RaiderNation
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Looks like it's official, Schaub is out for the year. Texans playoff chances really get hurt here, the Titans could catch them by season's end.

J-Mike88
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Leinart and Grossman were both 1st round draft choices.
Franchise QBs. Can't lose with either guy.

JK, take the guy with a real NFL offense around him.
That's not the Red Skins.

diabsoule
11-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Wow. What a huge blow to the Texans. Out for the season? Unreal. Leinart all the way! Time for the ultimate redemption story

Raiderz4Life
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Just saw it on ESPN....man that's such horrible luck.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Leinart and Grossman were both 1st round draft choices.
Franchise QBs. Can't lose with either guy.

JK, take the guy with a real NFL offense around him.
That's not the Red Skins.

I reckon Houston could do a Denver though. Oh well it doesnt really matter anyway, i've not got much chance of winning :D i pinned all my hopes on Jamal Charles and David Garrard. As you can probably guess im not doing great!

CashmoneyDrew
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Jesus wants the Titans in the playoffs.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Just saw it on ESPN....man that's such horrible luck.

They do have the two worst offenses in the league in their division though. Personally i think the Texans go 500. till the end if the season. Leinart can do the same job Alex Smith is doing in San Fran.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Jesus wants the Titans in the playoffs.

If he did he wouldnt of let them draft Jake Locker!

CashmoneyDrew
11-14-2011, 05:19 PM
If he did he wouldnt of let them draft Jake Locker!

As the great Ron Swanson would say... Shut your damn mouth.

Smooth Criminal
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
This and Chris Johnson coming along could get the Titans in the playoffs.

Take Schaub and Manning out of that division and look what you're left with.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
As the great Ron Swanson would say... Shut your damn mouth.

Dont tell me you think Locker is good?

CashmoneyDrew
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Irrelevant. And you've failed orders.

SolidGold
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Man, this could be a huge blow or a huge redemption story for Leinart. I hope Leinart does well though

jayceheathman
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
The Texans just can't get rid of the injury bug. Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Danieal Manning, and now Schaub will miss some time. Andre should definitely be back in two weeks once we get off the bye and that will help. Schaub only threw the ball 15 times against the Bucs so the passing attack has taken a backseat to Foster and Tate.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Irrelevant. And you've failed orders.

I'll take that as a no then :D you've gotta laugh when the fans of their own team know their "quarterback of the future" is ****!!

And maybe because i dont take orders from some that thinks he runs this forum. If you dont like other peoples opinions then what are you doing here?

BeerBaron
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Leinart has a few things going for him at least that he never had in Arizona.

I think the Texas o-line is playing extremely well, and is currently one of if not thee best in football right now. He's got a very good run game and coach committed to running the ball. He's got a good safety blanket TE in Daniels and will get getting Andre Johnson back eventually.

Plus, the defense is playing reasonably well too.

If Leinart just plays mistake free and makes a play or two here and there, I think he can manage the Texans to the playoffs.

Now, can they do anything in the playoffs? Who knows. But I think they can get there with Matt Leinart.

Babylon
11-14-2011, 05:40 PM

A majority of people in here had him as their top QB leading up to draft day, you must be new in here.

As for the Texans their schedule is kind enough that it looks like they should easily get another 3 or 4 wins, which should have them in line for a playoff birth. Beyond that i dont see them going very far.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Jake Lockers so inaccurate that he threw a ball to New York and it landed in San Diego.

BeerBaron
11-14-2011, 05:43 PM
I think SuperPacker might be a split personality from Breed...

CashmoneyDrew
11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I'll take that as a no then :D you've gotta laugh when the fans of their own team know their "quarterback of the future" is ****!!

And maybe because i dont take orders from some that thinks he runs this forum. If you dont like other peoples opinions then what are you doing here?

Jake Lockers so inaccurate that he threw a ball to New York and it landed in San Diego.

Must suck to live in a world without hyperbole or humor.

diabsoule
11-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Leinart has a few things going for him at least that he never had in Arizona.

I think the Texas o-line is playing extremely well, and is currently one of if not thee best in football right now. He's got a very good run game and coach committed to running the ball. He's got a good safety blanket TE in Daniels and will get getting Andre Johnson back eventually.

Plus, the defense is playing reasonably well too.

If Leinart just plays mistake free and makes a play or two here and there, I think he can manage the Texans to the playoffs.

Now, can they do anything in the playoffs? Who knows. But I think they can get there with Matt Leinart.

It would be one of the best redemption stories if he can succeed and help maintain the Texan's level of success. He has the tools around him to succeed and one of, if not, the best receiver in the league about to return. If Leinart can't succeed with Foster, Tate, Andre Johnson, and Owen Daniels around him then he'll never succeed anywhere in professional football, CFL included

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Hey im not that annoying!! ;)

Babylon
11-14-2011, 05:47 PM

He isn't Sniper that's for sure, at least Snipe knew how to use an apostrophe. At this time of night in England most people are pretty ####faced if they're still awake.

soybean
11-14-2011, 05:47 PM

this would have been better if you said something like

"Jake Lockers so inaccurate that he threw a ball to Nottingham and it landed in Boumemouth."

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:48 PM
He isn't Sniper that's for sure, at least Snipe knew how to use an apostrophe. At this time of night in England most people are pretty ####faced if they're still awake.

Im sorry didn't know this was grammar school. Yeah i get it pick on the english kid, he must know nothing about football! ;)

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:49 PM
this would have been better if you said something like

"Jake Lockers so inaccurate that he threw a ball to Nottingham and it landed in Boumemouth."

I dont even know where Bournemouth is....

Babylon
11-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Im sorry didn't know this was grammar school. Yeah i get it pick on the english kid, he must know nothing about football! ;)

Haven't read enough of your posts to form an opinion but dogging Jake Locker, who somehow was the 8th pick in the draft, seems a bit curious.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Haven't read enough of your posts to form an opinion but dogging Jake Locker, who somehow was the 8th pick in the draft, seems a bit curious.

Curious, why? I dont think Lockers very good. Just a matter of opinion, although i didnt think Ponder was very good either and hes proved to be decent.

BloodBrother
11-14-2011, 06:07 PM
This really sucks. Texans were exciting to watch and it's nice to see some new blood in the playoffs. Huge blow to them

Dallas357
11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
They do have a week off and two if you count they play the Jaguars on the 27th. As long as guys arent on the IR i am hardly surprised if they play.

I'm actually amazed the way the Texans adjust to having key players hurt. I wouldnt have given them a prayer of doing anything with Andre Johnson and Mario Williams missing time with injuries.

Lol at this guy thinking the Jaguar game would be anything less than a dog fight for the texans, with or without schuab.

Raiderz4Life
11-14-2011, 06:32 PM

Beginning to form that opinion myself honestly.

ChiFan24
11-14-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying this doesn't make that much of a difference, and that the Texans still make the playoffs fairly easily. I'm fully aware that Leinart is a terrible checkdown machine, but Schaub was a checkdown machine in his own right, he just knew when to bomb it to Andre (while Leinart didn't know when to bomb it to Fitz). Add the fact that Andre is coming back, I don't expect the offense to miss a beat.

gpngc
11-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Debilitating. Just a crushing blow to a team that could have made a run to the Super Bowl. I can't even imagine how devastated HOU players and fans must be today. Just terrible. Injuries ******* suck.

It's a good opportunity for Matty Ballroom. Intriguing to say the least.

Schaub going down is probably one of the most significant injuries that could have occurred in the entire league. Ugh. I'm sorry Texans fans.

gpngc
11-14-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying this doesn't make that much of a difference, and that the Texans still make the playoffs fairly easily. I'm fully aware that Leinart is a terrible checkdown machine, but Schaub was a checkdown machine in his own right, he just knew when to bomb it to Andre (while Leinart didn't know when to bomb it to Fitz). Add the fact that Andre is coming back, I don't expect the offense to miss a beat.

I expect them to miss a bit, but they'll likely still make the playoffs.

The problem is, I think they had a chance at a title with Schaub. Now, the odds of them winning multiple playoff games are much, much lower.

Hopefull Leinart plays well thouhg...

Rabscuttle
11-14-2011, 06:37 PM
nm........

Houston was looking like they could make some noise. This is tough for a team that was putting things together

ShutDwn
11-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow. This is awful for them. They finally in control and have a chance to do big things and then this happens.

LonghornsLegend
11-14-2011, 06:50 PM
This team can't catch a break. It's not my team or anything, but I wanted to see what they could do this year and they were headed for the #1 seed even without Andre Johnson.

Wade Phillips has done wonders for that D, you can't say enough about him. They added Ben Tate with Foster and have one of the best ground games in the NFL, arguably the best. Top 2 WR in Andre and a QB who can get the ball to anyone.

Now even though they are still rolling, they are without their QB, and Mario Williams for the rest of the year. Really puts a damper on the stretch run. If fully healthy, they were a very good SB pick.

Now the only satisfaction I will get out of this is the people who still think Matt Leinart is a good QB. But mainly that's just Funbuncher, since he thinks that every good prospect a team cuts is a really good player that the team cut for a bunch of meaningless variables.

TitanHope
11-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I dont even know where Bournemouth is....

Y'see, it's stuff like this that is keeping you from becoming the next Sheriff.

Jakey
11-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Curious, why? I dont think Lockers very good. Just a matter of opinion, although i didnt think Ponder was very good either and hes proved to be decent.

Always good to have more English posters, but jesus man i think all 320 of your posts are in this thread, calm down dude, relax :)

EvilMonkey
11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
not gonna happen, but interesting thoughts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/texans-should-give-favre-a-call/

Bucs147
11-14-2011, 08:00 PM
not gonna happen, but interesting thoughts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/texans-should-give-favre-a-call/

umDr0mPuyQc

OzTitan
11-14-2011, 08:01 PM

That's a hell of an arm though.

ChiFan24
11-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Leinart >>>>> Favre

wogitalia
11-14-2011, 09:10 PM
It's Leinart time!

My Madden QB of choice for the last few years(He is cheap, accurate and a lefty, the trifecta)

BeerBaron
11-14-2011, 09:13 PM
It's Leinart time!

My Madden QB of choice for the last few years(He is cheap, accurate and a lefty, the trifecta)

Ew, lefties in Madden....ew. I always hated it if I drafted a QB or K who ended up being a lefty. Threw my whole game off.

Also...isn't t a little strange that Schaub and Cassel get hurt...and are both replaced by lefties? I guess the football gods wanted more lefties in starting positions. Someone should give Chris Simms a job.

V.I.P
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
So he was injured in the first quarter and still whipped our ass, boy do we suck.

FUNBUNCHER
11-14-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm pulling for Matty. He's still better than Alex Smith IMO and I think people have been too quick to write him off.

With the offensive talent around him, Leinart should be having major USC flashbacks. Get the ball in the hands of the Texans' playmakers and reap all the glory!!!lol

Flyboy
11-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Am I the only one not really buying into the whole Houston Texans are "for real" conversation?

wogitalia
11-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Ew, lefties in Madden....ew. I always hated it if I drafted a QB or K who ended up being a lefty. Threw my whole game off.

Haha, I was so used to having Janikowski and a left QB that I used to change any QB or K I drafted to a lefty! Not sure if you can do that still in the newer Madden's!

Would also explain why it was better to be my #2 receiver than #1.

Vox Populi
11-15-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm pulling for Matty. He's still better than Alex Smith IMO and I think people have been too quick to write him off.

With the offensive talent around him, Leinart should be having major USC flashbacks. Get the ball in the hands of the Texans' playmakers and reap all the glory!!!lol

I like how predictable this post was. Someone even called it earlier in the thread I think or some other thread today.

wogitalia
11-15-2011, 12:13 AM
I'll be honest, I like Matt for 3 reasons...

1. Is the USC career, that team was awesome.

2. Lefty, just like left handed QBs, it just looks better, you know if Tebow didn't exist insist on making that sound ******** and all.

3. Living the life. This is the main one, honestly the whole idea of being an NFL QB is to have sex with lots of hot college girls and anyone who says different is just stupid.

"Consensual Sex" inb4theroethlisberger.

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 12:29 AM
I didn't come into this season expecting Matt Hasselback to be playing playoff football again...now it looks like nothing will stop it...the NFL is weird...

Ness
11-15-2011, 12:33 AM

I'm not the biggest Smith supporter, what basis do you have for that conclusion?

Ness
11-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Matt Schaub ALWAYS gets hurt during crunch time. The Texans are on the verge of their first playoff birth, and now this happens. The Titans still have a 5-4 record and could snatch the division from Houston. Teams may start stacking the box forcing the offense to air it out. And then that defense may get tired from being on the field too long if the Texans can't move the chains. What a huge blow. As long as Leinart can be a game manager and move the football for the most part, they should still be AFC South kings, but it's not going to be cakewalk.

BloodBrother
11-15-2011, 12:42 AM
I don't see the Titans winning more than 9 games tops. Texans just need to finish out 3-3 to clinch that division

remaining schedule
@ JAC
vs ATL
@ CIN
vs CAR
@ IND
vs TEN

I can easily see 3-3 there with wins against the Jags, Colts and Panthers

Raiderz4Life
11-15-2011, 12:48 AM
I like how predictable this post was. Someone even called it earlier in the thread I think or some other thread today.

Now the only satisfaction I will get out of this is the people who still think Matt Leinart is a good QB. But mainly that's just Funbuncher, since he thinks that every good prospect a team cuts is a really good player that the team cut for a bunch of meaningless variables.

Bottom of the previous page...LL called it haha

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Indy will beat the Texans now, likely setting up that week 17 matchup to be for the division crown...at least that's what my guy says.

Raiderz4Life
11-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Indy will beat the Texans now, likely setting up that week 17 matchup to be for the division crown...at least that's what my guy says.

Never knew you rolled that way =/.......

I kid...I kid.

Xonraider
11-15-2011, 01:06 AM
I am definitively pulling fo Matt ''Lionheart'' the rest of the season. I loved him coming out of college (in every *** sense of the word)

niel89
11-15-2011, 01:10 AM
I have zero faith in Leinart. Hopefully he can just ride that running game, but I don't see him being consistent passing at all.

TitanHope
11-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Commie's in a good mood, so I can say I still think it's funny how Schaub got hurt after playing Haynesworth again. /jerkface

You gotta wonder when the injuries will catch up to the Texans. They'll now be without Matt Schaub and Mario Williams for the homestretch, and how effective will Dre be when he comes back? Danieal Manning still has a broken leg too. You'd think they could disassemble Kareem Jackson and use his pieces to fix those three, but nooooo, it's "immoral." This country...

WK 17 is Titans at Texans, by the way. :)

comahan
11-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Commie's in a good mood, so I can say I still think it's funny how Schaub got hurt after playing Haynesworth again. /jerkface

You gotta wonder when the injuries will catch up to the Texans. They'll now be without Matt Schaub and Mario Williams for the homestretch, and how effective will Dre be when he comes back? Danieal Manning still has a broken leg too. You'd think they could disassemble Kareem Jackson and use his pieces to fix those three, but nooooo, it's "immoral." This country...

WK 17 is Titans at Texans, by the way. :)

It was actually Haynesworth's fatass sitting on Schaub's foot that injured it, apparently. :P

Thats two times! Two! Haynesworth is the Schaub Assassin.

Ness
11-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Didn't Leinart look "decent" in the preseason at least? He may have stepped his game up if he got his head on straight and worked hard. If he can be that game manager type and make a few big plays here and there, they could be okay. We'll see what happens, but it wouldn't shock me to see Leinart play at a decent level.

comahan
11-15-2011, 04:34 AM
He looked fine in the preseason, but then, it was preseason, so who knows.

SolidGold
11-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Leinart has been in the system a few years and I think Kubiak has confidence in him. I think he has all of his maturity issues out of the way and can be solid when called upon. He won't be asked to air it out 30 times a game, he will rely on the strong running game.

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Leinart has been in the system a few years and I think Kubiak has confidence in him. I think he has all of his maturity issues out of the way and can be solid when called upon. He won't be asked to air it out 30 times a game, he will rely on the strong running game.

While that's all fine and good, he'll have to throw when teams are throwing 8, sometimes even 9 in the box to shut down the run because they know Leinart can't beat them deep.

bantx
11-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Only Leinart can **** up with Foster and Tate on the team. I mean seriously Leinart knew the system in Arizona and had Larry Fitz and Boldin to make it rain to and he failed. If I'm Houston I'd be pretty ******* worried if the game was in his hands or even with him being on the field.

jrdrylie
11-15-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm going to make a wild prediction. Even though Blaine Gabbert already has a 1025 yard advantage in passing yards, Matt Leinart finishes the season within 150 yards of him.

comahan
11-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Only Leinart can **** up with Foster and Tate on the team. I mean seriously Leinart knew the system in Arizona and had Larry Fitz and Boldin to make it rain to and he failed. If I'm Houston I'd be pretty ******* worried if the game was in his hands or even with him being on the field.

The coaches REALLY like him, though. They went out of their way to make sure he re-signed in the offseason, because they thought he fit perfectly into the system and was capable of running it well. Thats not to say hes going to be greatóor even goodóbut he must showing something in practice to make everyone rave about him the way theyve been doing for a year now.

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
The coaches REALLY like him, though. They went out of their way to make sure he re-signed in the offseason, because they thought he fit perfectly into the system and was capable of running it well. Thats not to say hes going to be greatóor even goodóbut he must showing something in practice to make everyone rave about him the way theyve been doing for a year now.

Replace Leinart with Carr and I could've said the exact same thing when Carr was with the giants...

thenewfeature06
11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Yatesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss for dayzzzzzzzzz

bantx
11-15-2011, 10:31 AM

Lets hope so, maybe he just needed the new atmosphere to get on track. I'm actually rooting for Houston, love how this team was built over the years. But my opinion for Leinart is for him to prove me wrong, I was just never a fan of him.

SuperPacker
11-15-2011, 10:32 AM

Tbh he wont be forced to do much in this offense will he so it doesnt really matter if hes a great QB or not. I doubt he will be asked to make much 40+ throws or go through multiple reads. They'll probably tell him, if you even have a little bit of doubt that the ball will be intercepted just check it down to Foster/Tate and let them do their jobs. I can still see the texans getting into the playoffs!

FUNBUNCHER
11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I expect minimal drop off in production for the Houston Texans offense. What was the biggest criticism of Leinart in Arizona?? He had no long ball and was a dink-and-dunk passer.

That's a game manager to me and if Leinart can play at the level with the occasional big play, he shouldn't hold back the Texans offense especially if their running game shows up on Sundays.

Dallas357
11-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm going to make a wild prediction. Even though Blaine Gabbert already has a 1025 yard advantage in passing yards, Matt Leinart finishes the season within 150 yards of him.

i'll take that bet all day. no way in hell that happens

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 12:11 PM
I expect minimal drop off in production for the Houston Texans offense. What was the biggest criticism of Leinart in Arizona?? He had no long ball and was a dink-and-dunk passer.

That's a game manager to me and if Leinart can play at the level with the occasional big play, he shouldn't hold back the Texans offense especially if their running game shows up on Sundays.

The biggest criticism of him in Arizona was that he sucked...Brady "captain checkdown" Quinn bad...

BeerBaron
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
The biggest criticism of him in Arizona was that he sucked...Brady "captain checkdown" Quinn bad...

Trent Edwards or late Texans career David Carr are better examples of a Captain Checkdown. Quinn looked like he didn't even know how to play football the last time I saw him on the field in the preseason.

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Trent Edwards or late Texans career David Carr are better examples of a Captain Checkdown. Quinn looked like he didn't even know how to play football the last time I saw him on the field in the preseason.

Trent Edwards didn't checkdown that badly before his concussion and after that he didn't know how to play football either...he **** the bed the instant he saw a defender...

BeerBaron
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Trent Edwards didn't checkdown that badly before his concussion and after that he didn't know how to play football either...he **** the bed the instant he saw a defender...

Edwards was always a little checkdowny. It got worse, but he wasn't exactly a gunslinger before.

Rosebud
11-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Edwards was always a little checkdowny. It got worse, but he wasn't exactly a gunslinger before.

Eh if we're going to assume that every QB is either a gunslinger or captain checkdown then sure, but prior to the concussion Edwards was a guy who moved around to extend plays before checking down and worked mostly in the intermediate passing game while still taking some shots down the field. He wasn't throwing it deep all the time the way Rexy, Rivers and Eli do, but he wasn't terrified of actually throwing the ball instead of just lateraling it to a RB.

Dallas357
11-15-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't see the Titans winning more than 9 games tops. Texans just need to finish out 3-3 to clinch that division

remaining schedule
@ JAC
vs ATL
@ CIN
vs CAR
@ IND
vs TEN

I can easily see 3-3 there with wins against the Jags, Colts and Panthers

that's 3 losses right there though.

2 Live Crew
11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
This seems like a pretty easy plan to manage if you're the Texans.

You play Leinart for a few games and he if looks like crap then you trade for a solid veteran to be the "game manager". Orton/Kitna/Shaun Hill/Volek. I'd be comfortable rolling with any of those guys if I'm Houston.

You basically just limit them to around 20ish passes a game and in that offense they'll be fine. The bottom line is that this franchise MUST make the playoffs this year. I wouldn't give Leinart a big leash, but I'd give him a small chance.

BeerBaron
11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Trade deadline was weeks ago dude.

It's Leinart, Yates or a street free agent from here on out.

D-Unit
11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I've been waiting for this day for Leinart. I don't think the Texans will lose a beat. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Leinart makes Shaub expendable trade bait in the offseason. Watch out world, here comes Matt Lionheart!

2 Live Crew
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
oof, brain fart you're right. Brett Favre anyone?

Babylon
11-15-2011, 01:56 PM
that's 3 losses right there though.

You seem high on Jacksonville, not sure why.

Ness
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Trade deadline was weeks ago dude.

It's Leinart, Yates or a street free agent from here on out.

At this point wouldn't make sense anyways. No one is going to go in there and do a better job than Leinart, who has been in the offense and knows the players for the last two players.

brat316
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Vince Young should start this week as well.

Iamcanadian
11-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Depends on which Leinert shows up, the party boy who doesn't take the pro game seriously or a new reformed Leinert who wants to finish his career strong. With Arizona, he partied all night long even before a game and never studied game film, if that's the Leinert who shows up, the Texans are doomed, if he's reformed, he could be even better than Schaub. Just have to wait and see.

nepg
11-15-2011, 07:39 PM
I think Yates will emerge. I want to root for Leinart, but...it's hard to at this point.

Unbiased
11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
You seem high on Jacksonville, not sure why.

He's a Jag fan. Even so, I don't know why he's chalking that up for a Jags win.

cmarq83
11-15-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm looking forward to some Heisman trophy winning plays this week from Matt Leinart.

soybean
11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Depends on which Leinert shows up, the party boy who doesn't take the pro game seriously or a new reformed Leinert who wants to finish his career strong. With Arizona, he partied all night long even before a game and never studied game film, if that's the Leinert who shows up, the Texans are doomed, if he's reformed, he could be even better than Schaub. Just have to wait and see.

that was the early leinart.

I don't think maturity issues are a concern now. I mean the summer before he was cut, he took his offensive linemen to hawaii.

the question now though still remains... is he any good?

BeerBaron
11-15-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm looking forward to some Heisman trophy winning plays this week from Matt Leinart.

Eh, the Texans line is good, but not mid-2000s USC good. And I'll have to doublecheck, but I don't think Washington State or Arizona is on the Texans schedule...hmm...

comahan
11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Eh, the Texans line is good, but not mid-2000s USC good. And I'll have to doublecheck, but I don't think Washington State or Arizona is on the Texans schedule...hmm...

Jags-Panthers-Colts are, though. Same thing.

Ness
11-15-2011, 10:07 PM
If Houston gets the Matt Lienart that showed potential in his rookie season, they'll have be alright.

Saints-Tigers
11-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't think Matt will set the world on fire at all at this point, he' proven to be pretty lazy and not caring at this level.

But if Matt came out and looked really good, I wouldn't be shocked, I still think he's talented, and has the mental capacity to absorb complex schemes if he applies himself.

San Diego Chicken
11-16-2011, 06:41 AM
I think at this point they still take the division fairly easily, the defense is playing well, and the offense shouldn't have much of a drop off. Leinart fits the scheme pretty well. I wouldn't trust him in the playoffs though, so I'd say the team is likely one and done when they get in.

Nikolas
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Looking at their remaining schedule, I don't see how the Texans don't finish at least 10-6, more likely 11-5. They have Atlanta and Cincinnati, which could easily be losses, but the rest of the schedule is Jax, Indy, and the Titans, plus Carolina. The only challenge in those four would be Tennessee, but we play them at home, so even if we lose to ATL and Cinn, we'd go 11-5 for the year.

Also, at least we don't have Sage Rosencopter as the backup anymore.

bantx
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
This is the most I've seen Commie speak football in one thread

BeerBaron
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
This is the most I've seen Commie speak football in one thread

How often are the Texans ever a point of discussion though?

D-Unit
11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I believe that Leinart ruined his career path enough that it scared him into getting his act together. He's seemed commited to reform and he's got a little chip on his shoulder now to prove that he can turn his career around. I really think that by the time the season is over that Leinart will either make himself a very valuable trade commodity or make Shaub expendable.

shylo3716
11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
What are the odds of Leinart having an outcome like Cassel when Brady went down?

J-Mike88
11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere in here already, but CBS' Clark Judge, well, it doesn't seem like he thinks Leinart will do all that well does it:

Anyone who believes Matt Leinart will lead the Texans to a Super Bowl post-Schaub hasn't seen him play. He is easily one of the worst quarterbacks I've seen in the last three years or so in the NFL. He is painfully inaccurate, has no pocket presence, very little arm strength and isn't a leader. Other than that, he'll be just fine.

Xonraider
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere in here already, but CBS' Clark Judge, well, it doesn't seem like he thinks Leinart will do all that well does it:

See, they do say he'll be fine! Go Leinart!

BeerBaron
11-16-2011, 06:44 PM
If Leinart does struggle, they can go to Yates. He seems capable enough of hand off, chacking down and chucking up to Andre once in a while when he's back.

J-Mike88
11-16-2011, 06:47 PM
What are the odds of Leinart having an outcome like Cassel when Brady went down?
That's funny when you stop and think about it.
Cassel, just a bench scrub at USC, behind Leinart where Leinart set records, won titles and trophies.

Now he goes to a great offense.... about to (maybe) get Optimus Prime back.
Arian Foster & Ben Tate just ripping people.... the defense the #1-ranked in the NFL..... If Matty Fire can't succeed there, he might as well retire.

shylo3716
11-16-2011, 07:49 PM
That's funny when you stop and think about it.
Cassel, just a bench scrub at USC, behind Leinart where Leinart set records, won titles and trophies.

Now he goes to a great offense.... about to (maybe) get Optimus Prime back.
Arian Foster & Ben Tate just ripping people.... the defense the #1-ranked in the NFL..... If Matty Fire can't succeed there, he might as well retire.

Just know you seen it here first.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_p_VEMIziYTM/TP5RSFYaBOI/AAAAAAAAAUo/bL7yqbB1610/s400/Extra.gif

CJSchneider
11-23-2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82464bb2/article/foot-injury-ends-schaubs-season-texans-to-sign-qb-clemens?module=HP11_breaking_news

Texans to sign Kellen Clemens.

SolidGold
11-23-2011, 12:37 PM
The Texans remaining schedule is as follows:
Jags W
Falcons L
Bengals L
Panthers W
Colts W
Titans W

Its easy to project that they will go 4-2 in their last 6. They benefit from getting to play each team in the division once more - this is the weakest Division in the NFL this year. They should sweep these games no problem. They should be able to run all over Carolina and get enough pressure on Newton. The Falcons are a better team IMO so I think the Texans lose this one. The Bengals is a toss up - they have a lot to play for as well. This could go either way but I give the edge to Cinci right now.

I think Leinart will be serviceable, he gets Andre Johnson back to go along with Owen Daniels, Tate and Foster. I think the Texans will run alot of two TE sets to get Dreesen involved. Leinart seemed most comfortable in the preseason throwing to the backs out of the backfield and the TE corps for Houston (which is a pretty underrated group).

Grizzlegom
11-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Fat Albert supposedly reveling in the fact that he hurt Schaub. Just in case you didn't already know he was classless...

Complex
11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Texans fear that Leinart has broken collarbone - Profootballtalk